do u believe in aliens?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

do u believe there is other intelligent life forms outside of earth?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe

• u really are bored

• Total voters

wwwwww

-chibi kami sama
Retired
sorry it may seem childish question but i am really really bored-
k personally i dont know if i believe there is such thing as aliens or other signs of life outside the universe. but sometimes its hard to believe that we humans are the only intelligent lifeform in the universe. Especially when the universe is still expanding but then science says that there isnt any other life form outside earth. So really i dont know what to believe in.
so guys what do believe feel free to discuss why u believe what u believe.

there are 2 different things on your poll.. what is an intelligent life form for you? a human? a monkey? a dog?...

talking about any kind of life forms (intelligent being or just a bacteria), believing that only our planet has life is kind of an egocentric way of thinking.. in my opinion, there are way too many planets for ours to be the only one to have living creatures!

so, in my personal opinion, it's highly likely that extraterrestial life forms exist, it's likely that at least one of those life forms has some sort of intelligence, but the probability of them coming to visit us is pretty low. i still believe that it might be possible, though..

i love this subject ^^ and actually i was watching a tv show about aliens as we speak!

I'll just agree with what darkdog said
happy.gif
makes things easier~

According to sting, i was an alien when i was in new york..
but there have already been cases of fossilised bacteria from mars etc being found but for the chances of life reaching the same level or greater intelligence we have, is really unlikely.
You need to look at things like, atmospheric content of the planets in the solar system, most solar systems have different stars to us, and most solar systems have more than one star.
The fact that we ended up with a relativly new star and our planet is at a optimum distance away, is just luck. But as the universe is huge its probably happened somewhere else as well.
So the answer to the poll, was i dont know. cos there could be or there couldnt be. but one things proven and thats is that there has been life outside the planet.

i really don't believe in aliens, but i do believe that there are BEINGS. none of those big-headed and webby and "ET PHONE HOME" stuffs. just people, kinda like us, who has conscience.

I believe that somewhere out in space aliens exist. Not the ones with spaceships, but creatures that are primative in nature. Even if sentient life exists
elsewhere, the universe is a big place and we might not detect the presence of alien intelligence of many years to come.

What about humans from alternative worlds (thats if you believe in alternative universeses)? can we consider them aliens?
huh.gif

Anyway to answer the question think that it is likely that there are "aliens", but it is also possible we are the only intellgence in this world.
Anyway considered that in other planets (or univers) that not everythign comes as matter?

Blah im not making any sense am i
sad.gif

I don't believe nor do i not believe in aliens.

I believe it is a possibility

Well, i voted maybe @_@" i'm not 100% sure they are there, nor 100% sure they are not
blink.gif

Anyway, i haven't seen any =P

Statistically it is a garunteed possibility. Out of the bajillion possible places ther is a chance that it existed, or does exist - but also statistally they would be very far and few between, then there would be differences in ideals, population expansion, eventually there would be war. We see the same thing on earth throught history.

QUOTE (Anime-Addict @ Jun 11 2006, 01:29 PM) Statistically it is a garunteed possibility. Out of the bajillion possible places ther is a chance that it existed, or does exist - but also statistally they would be very far and few between, then there would be differences in ideals, population expansion, eventually there would be war. We see the same thing on earth throught history.
I agree with what Anime-Addict said. I think there's a possibility that aliens do exist. Well there have been many cases where people have witnessed paranormal things. Some stated that they saw UFOs in the sky...etc,etc.

@darkness
Yes, someone from an alternate universe would be considered an "alien", since alien is pretty much just another word for foreign. The question is whether or not they are considered "extraterrestial", since that means "not from this planet."

I think there's life on other planets, but I'm not sure that I believe in the whole little-grey-men-in-flying-saucers thing.

As for the scientist's perspective, I think they're a little too narrow minded when it comes to biology. For instance, just because Earth's climate is optimum for our biology doesn't mean that it's optimum for all biology. Also, they seem to think that other life would most likely be carbon based, or perhaps silicon based(silicon is the element with properties most like that of carbon). It just seems to me they judge another planet's suitability based on its similarity to ours. Isn't it possible that life could develop in a way that is completely unlike that of Earth? Sometimes two scenarios can yield the same results.

QUOTE (sk7 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:22 PM) As for the scientist's perspective, I think they're a little too narrow minded when it comes to biology. For instance, just because Earth's climate is optimum for our biology doesn't mean that it's optimum for all biology. Also, they seem to think that other life would most likely be carbon based, or perhaps silicon based(silicon is the element with properties most like that of carbon). It just seems to me they judge another planet's suitability based on its similarity to ours. Isn't it possible that life could develop in a way that is completely unlike that of Earth? Sometimes two scenarios can yield the same results.
i completely agree with you here..

on the other hand, i would consider multiple universes a completely different thing.. it's a vastly different subject, so i think we shouldn't use the same name for different things..

Someone has been watching too much Haruhism, haha just messing around. I take the Agnostic approach to the topic of aliens. Although there is little to no hard proof as to the exsistence of extraterrestrial beings its hard to believe that in this universe we are the only living beings. Look at it this way, our solar system as big as it is only takes up a small amount of space in the entire universe (which if i remember correctly is countinously expanding)

QUOTE (The Stig @ Jun 11 2006, 06:14 PM) [...]universe (which if i remember correctly is countinously expanding)
yes it is, according to what is known as red shifting. but one day the universe will collapse back on itself resulting in another big bang or so the theory goes.
Silicon based life life is indeed possible but a more likely base for other life would be ammonia based life, whihch would more likely evolve on a colder planet. Scientists believe that saturns moon titan may support this life.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jun 11 2006, 12:34 AM)i really don't believe in aliens, but i do believe that there are BEINGS. none of those big-headed and webby and "ET PHONE HOME" stuffs. just people, kinda like us, who has conscience.
I agree with what been said so far. The "little greenish grey man with flying saucers abduncting people" are preatty ulikely.

But other forms of life, some of them with intelligence (has in human kind of intelligence, using tools and building artificial things to suit their needs) is preatty possible.

Just consider the number of stars in our galaxy (lets not even talk about the rest of teh universe!) Some of those stars have a light spectrum preatty similar to our own sun (the wavelength and intensity of the light emited). So any planet with-in a certain distance of those suns could theoricly support life in some form of life.

The only problem is the distance. Has long has a practical/applied way to go around the relativity theory has not been found (and I mean practical, has in NONE theorical!) we are preatty much limited to our own solar system. Same is true for any other life form out there. Communication could probably be possible but first we would need to recognize one anothers communication signals! I doubt any other planet would be using standard telecommunications protocols!

You my friend, are really bored.

Aliens MAY exist in SOME dimension. However according to MY knowledge we have NOT yet been able to spot or prove their existance. If you have any evidence of their existance, please let me know...

You know what I've heard? There's this area called AREA 51... They say there are aliens in it. Lez gu chiik eet oot!!!1111

QUOTE (noob @ Jun 12 2006, 12:44 AM) You know what I've heard? There's this area called AREA 51... They say there are aliens in it. Lez gu chiik eet oot!!!1111
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51.
I believe this to be true and that there are not any aliens wandering around area 51.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back