Did u know!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

wwwwww

-chibi kami sama
Retired
post anything here that is interesting for us to know.
feel free to discuss.

i was looking around and found this interesting piece of info.
try to read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Wow the research is true. I could actually read the whole thing. Yes I believe the mind just read the whole word not the letters individually.

Interesting info to know.
biggrin.gif

lol W6. i heard of this before. i had it as my profile once on my aim.

hmm... trying to think of something comical... Did you know: it takes three MKKs to screw a lightbulb onl; one to hold the lightbulb up and two to turn the ladder
dry.gif
. yeah...

but real facts: if you can take apart the micro-colors on a colored hard-book cover, it'll take 200 years just to piece together the spine cover.

Whahaha yes indeed,.... taht fcat of yuros has been kwonn for a vrey lnog tmie araedly
tongue.gif

took me a while to write this one:
read these words out loud
Green, Yellow, Purple,Orange, Red, Blue.
this still might not work though, because these words also supposed to be put in a colored circle >.<

got another one: put your right finger in the air, and lift your right foot up. try to draw circles with your right-finger clockwise and your right-foot non-clockwise both at the same time ;P you'llsee what will happen

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jun 17 2006, 03:10 PM) got another one: put your right finger in the air, and lift your right foot up. try to draw circles with your right-finger clockwise and your right-foot non-clockwise both at the same time ;P you'llsee what will happen
uhh.. nothing happens. i just kept going in cicles with my feet and my finger... but i don't think this works for me.... note: i'm not an average human
dry.gif

what's suppose to happen when i do it?

QUOTE (wwwwww @ Jun 17 2006, 03:59 PM) I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
He he, I did know that! My mother used to do reading research for a lab. I also was taught a lot of that stuff when I was put in remedial reading in elementary school.

Another interesting fact about reading. The average person reads 200-300 words per minute. If you can read over 500 words per minute you are considered an exceptional reader. If you can read over 900 you are considered a speed reader.

Also, you read around 20% slower on a computer screen than you do reading a book.

lol yeah that's true, windfinder. wanna hear what i've accomplished? i finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, all in two nights.

and i finish manga in 5 minutes per volume. finish small novels in just 1 hour. finish reading a direction in no time. Not exactly photographic memory, but more like objective memory (remembering what to do without having to recall the thought itself, doctors say
dry.gif
)

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jun 18 2006, 05:50 AM) uhh.. nothing happens. i just kept going in cicles with my feet and my finger... but i don't think this works for me.... note: i'm not an average human
dry.gif

what's suppose to happen when i do it?
Wow... supernatural.
well the trick is that your whole right side is controlled by one part of your brains.
and actually no one can move one right-finger clockwise and at the same time your right foot non-clockwise. you're actually the first person i've met who actually did it
biggrin.gif

note: maybe this won't change a thing, but your finger should point down when your making circles with it... Or even better, try it witht your left finger and left foot if you're righthanded

Did you know that if you say バスガスばくはつ (basu gasu bakuhatsu - bus gas explosion) several times quickly you could be arrested for planning a terrorist attack? This is why no-one has heard from Chiyo-chan recently.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jun 18 2006, 04:10 AM) note: maybe this won't change a thing, but your finger should point down when your making circles with it... Or even better, try it witht your left finger and left foot if you're righthanded
Oh yeah, i forgot to tell you guys my right-left hand connection... it's wierd.

for one thing, i'm a right hander, yes. I write with it, eat with it, and probably type with it more. however... my left hand is more dominant, for some reason. probably because i broke it when i was abound 7 or 8, and the doctors couldn't mend it until two weeks later. during those two weeks, my bone was growing for itself, so if you look at my arm now, my right is slightly one millimeter longer than my left. I use my left for various other things; play tennis, erase, and even punch with it. and because of that, it went down to my left foot as well, so i can kick better with it.

the problem is that i have bad aim on my left, and weak power on my right.

how does that relate? well.... you guys solve that for me. a righty, yet a lefty.

Ok, I'm dizzy now... your right left combination is kinda complicated
tongue.gif

Then, I guess that little thing of mine wouldn't work for you indeed... Maybe right-finger and left-foot? or maybe left-finger and right-foot?

haha just came into me: stupid question, but can you do multitask like write with your right hand and draw with your left hand both at the same time?
'Coz that would be really supernatural
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jun 18 2006, 08:11 AM) haha just came into me: stupid question, but can you do multitask like write with your right hand and draw with your left hand both at the same time?
'Coz that would be really supernatural
tongue.gif

No, i don't actually draw. but i can write and type at the same time. i was quized on this by my teacher last year, and he was interested in my anatomy, so he asked me if i can do both at the same time, both writing a one-page essay.

i was kinda laughing about it; i finished the essay in half an hour, both in writing and typing. and i'll prove it again as the world's BEST MULTI-TASKER! lol jk. i still got ways to go.

hloy mtohferkucngi stih! tath iz fcgnkui teur.

now imma make as many as mistypes as i can!

Wow..... great *claps* wait, you type with one hand? O_O
new fact: did you know that ultimate multitasker and supernatural human being is HAMASUSUKE!!!
tongue.gif

It's pretty cool then... but isn't school waaay to easy for you then? *jealous*

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Jun 18 2006, 06:48 AM) Did you know that if you say バスガスばくはつ (basu gasu bakuhatsu - bus gas explosion) several times quickly you could be arrested for planning a terrorist attack? This is why no-one has heard from Chiyo-chan recently.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jun 18 2006, 08:21 AM) It's pretty cool then... but isn't school waaay to easy for you then? *jealous*
well.. if you put it that way... yes, it is. but i slack off in geometry, and i'm on a scholarship program, that's why i have to take stupid college tests to be evaluated. and i'm only a friggin' freshman! ............ but then again.... middle school was way below my league....
biggrin.gif

don't worry, i don't take school as if it's my room. i take it seriously, even though i do sleep in geometry, science, and probably english as well.

the only reason why i sleep in english class is because i dont understand what the heck is going on anyway...
rolleyes.gif

Over here one must go to a special school for students who don't attend for a normal school but have it rather easy in learning, just like you.
You are lucky though. You could pass middle school so easily... (I'm really jealous
biggrin.gif
)
While I'm working my butt off to pass my maths O_O

math is just boring, all you have to do is to practice and do lots of problems.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back