Denmark VS Islam

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE and btw , who made up that muslims were weak

1st thank you.... i like your answer.....2nd not WERE, we were strong before, we once were very strong,,, but now no we are not.... you can't measure strength by how many ppl are the muslims or what did they do in the past,, now we are weak, and i know someday we will be strong,,, when i dont know,,,but hey after all every nation suffers from these things yah? like russia.....

i know some ppl don't like my points of view or maybe don't like me because of (something or someone), but well there are others who do like me...or like my view....thank you

Well, i come from Denmark, and i have to say, taht i find this conflict quite meaningless. Both "sides" have done something wrong.
In Denmark we have a a newspaper. (Heh, like every other country doesn't)
In that newspaper "we" make fun with everybody! Our queen, celebreties, and everyone one else. What i'm trying to say is, that we don't mean any harm with it. But i still thing it was stupid to make those drawings. But i'd say the muslims are overreacting. Especially when they're doing the same things. They burned our flags where we have the symbol of christ on it. They're even threatening us! I think this have got way to far. Us dansish people are stupid to, cause to bgin with, the muslims just wanted ud to apologize. So i really don't understand why we didn't. But we have apologized now, so this should really be out of the world, if you ask my.

I apologize if i in any way have offended anyone.
I hope you understand my poor english.

QUOTE (gabrielle_filth @ Feb 16 2006, 03:03 PM)
1st thank you.... i like your answer.....2nd not WERE, we were strong before, we once were very strong,,, but now no we are not.... you can't measure strength by how many ppl are the muslims or what did they do in the past,, now we are weak, and i know someday we will be strong,,, when i dont know,,,but hey after all every nation suffers from these things yah? like russia.....

i know some ppl don't like my points of view or maybe don't like me because of (something or someone), but well there are others who do like me...or like my view....thank you
whats the Fing matter if ur strong or not , your acting like you want to go to war or something :/ , my country isn`t exactly strong either :/ , in fact we are one of the smallest countries of europe

I think all countries involved are handling this equally bad. People should stop reprinting the cartoons, should stop burning other people's flags and threatening war, should admit that a horrible taste in judgement took place and work together to make sure nothing like this happens again.

QUOTE (yes, 1234556789 are all arab numbers!)
Don't we have like "0" too?
And even though I can't tell much about how bad they feel, considering I'm in Norway and couldn't care less for religion, nationality and all, I still think they're a wee bit overreacting.

QUOTE (Drunkenvalley @ Feb 16 2006, 02:20 PM) Don't we have like "0" too?
Yes but 0 was an addition. It was not part of the original arab numbers.
I am not sure who added it. So in doubt, I will not pronounce myself

Maybe I'm supposed to be scared of going to Afghanistan, they say if you shoot a Norwegian there you're awarded 5 kg gold!
Damn I should keep myself away from there...

all you guys are baka don't you think there isn't any other problems the world got it is almost that you forgot something important like people dying every day and the goverment got money, power and there rules but what about country's that got nothing huh??? We should look at them ... they are jelous of us and see how we make things complicated when they are so simple

the whole fight about denmark VS islam is that the goverment doesn't want 2 apoligise for the drawing were made and that is why the islma is angry

If you do something wrong then take responsiblity and don't referr 2 other people

that is a true power of being strong and wise

o jeah btw does any1 think it is strange 2 where saftyhelmets on a motorbike?? cause the polic in my country find it hard 2 accept looks like I am the only doing it lol
tongue.gif

Well, the government doesn't own the newspaper, so I can see why they wouldn't feel a need to apologize. The newspaper's opinion most likely does not represent the opinion of the government and/or citizens in the country. The ones who should be apologizing are the press.

QUOTE (Bold @ Feb 16 2006, 11:35 PM) Yes but 0 was an addition. It was not part of the original arab numbers.
I am not sure who added it. So in doubt, I will not pronounce myself
Actually, it was the Arabs who added the number "Zero" = "Sef'r" to the Indian numbers that we use now!!~
It was represented as a "Dot" which mean a number with no value!! o.o"
No more doubt now!!~
ph34r.gif

Heyas,

Those cartoons were published in that Danish newspaper in September 2005. But did anyone know that those same cartoons were reprinted in an Egyptian newspaper in October of the same year? - but there wasn't a SINGLE protest, complaint, or reaction of ANY kind, either in that country or ANY other Arabic one.

This info, if it became widely known, could embarrass the governments who have whipped up this anti-Danish hatred, purely for their own selfish nationalistic reasons.

Besides, seeing as there isn't a SINGLE likeness of Mohammed, either as a painting, drawing, statue, mosaic, tapestry etc., or a description of him in ANY ancient writing (least of all, the Quran), how does ANYONE know those cartoons are actually OF Mohammed?! If NO-ONE knows what he ACTUALLY looked like, then it's IMPOSSIBLE to lampoon him in any way, shape or form!

If I were to scrawl the word 'Mohammed' onto an advertising poster featuring the Marlboro Man, that wouldn't immediately make him the Prophet. So therefore the ONLY criticism of these cartoons that can be levelled against them, is that they portray Arabic men in a stereotypical way - which I certainly agree is wrong. But they're not, repeat NOT Mohammed.

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to insult anyone you'd like.

I'm not sure where this conversation of numbers are headed to. But I sure don't want to participate in that one.

@Whoever said "Government does not own newspaper therefore they're not responsible"

It's government's responsibility to control it's media and keep it clean.

If freedom of speech gives you the right to insult anyone on this planet, alive or dead. In that case, why don't we all make fun of black people? Oh wait, that's not right, is it? How about "making fun of germans for losing two world wars" ?? Uh... NO!... So... yeah... People are free to do anything they want, as long as it only concerns them and only themselves.

None of you guys really understand the true meaning of freedom of speech or freedom. You all have different "unchangeble" opinions which soon will lead this very thread to a "flame thread" aka "lets talk crap to each other thread". Hence why I'd like to ask the moderator to lock this thread up.

QUOTE (noob @ Feb 16 2006, 04:35 PM)You all have different "unchangeble" opinions which soon will lead this very thread to a "flame thread" aka "lets talk crap to each other thread". Hence why I'd like to ask the moderator to lock this thread up. This is still a VERY civilized conversation and I have to admit it makes me proud to be a member of such a comunity. There is no way we can all have the same views. If someone wants a buch of "yes men", get a few layers
wink.gif

As for the lock, I don't think a pre-emtive lock is something good. As long as this is not a flame war and there are valid arguments being brougth to the table, I think it is a great way to develop the critical thinking of people as well as to better understand other point of views.

This is an international forum, its a perfect place to learn to understand the difference in mentallity. And I mean, to go farther than the usual stereotypes.

QUOTE (noob @ Feb 16 2006, 10:35 PM) @Whoever said "Government does not own newspaper therefore they're not responsible"

It's government's responsibility to control it's media and keep it clean.
i totally disagree. the government's job is to allow the media to be imparcial and free, which is only possible by giving it full independence: controlling media has a specific word, and it's known as "censor". no government should EVER control its country's media -- that would be halfway to the abuse of power.

so, one more reason for the Danish government to not own any apologies to anyone. the newspaper is independent, and i'm glad it is, just like i'm glad most of the portuguese media is.

/jp

QUOTE (Dragon-of-Rune @ Feb 16 2006, 06:33 AM)Only reason why i would convert to a religion is when i need to for marrieng the girl i love.
one shouldn't convert just because he/she is about marrying someone of a different religion - one should convert only if one truly believes in its teaching.
for example - my friend's aunt married a person whom she thought was the love of her life - 10 years down the road ... well, life wasn't as peachy as she imagined, got divorced and the husband took custody of both their kids - not only that, the husband revert back to his original religion and the kids too followed the father's religion.
i'm not really sure what my point is but is it really a strong enough reason for one to convert based on love alone - only to revert back when things doesn't run smoothly?

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Feb 16 2006, 01:16 PM)I think all countries involved are handling this equally bad. People should stop reprinting the cartoons, should stop burning other people's flags and threatening war, should admit that a horrible taste in judgement took place and work together to make sure nothing like this happens again.
well - that's the smartest thing i've read so far and totally agree with you!

reacting with violence and riots will only further tarnished Islam's name and possibly increase Islamophobia

QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 16 2006, 04:41 PM) precisely -- the reaction is, usually, propotional, right? if someone says your voice sounds funny, would you beat him up or kill him?? is that an adequate reply? your reply to ONE newspaper in ONE country that printed a few (6? i'm not sure) cartoons was THOUSANDS of angry muslimb burning down buildings, injuring and killing some people -- is that an adequate response? and now imagine that we, the western world, consider that a slap in the face and decide to slap back -- how would you like if we burned down your embassies in our countries?? there'd be an open war between both civilizations before summer, don't you think?

NOTHING can justify the violence we've all seen.

/jp
I don’t really think that you had read my post did you??

I SAID I don’t agree with the violence and my ppl made me feel kinda disappointed of some reaction they made. And please don’t twist my words when I said I will slap the person as he did that mean I will make him know that it does hurts I won’t stand like stupid.
darkdog I know what am saying, am not talking about killing ppl or other sort of things you had mention but I still saying you won’t really understand our feelings even if try to clarify it.

Let me give you an example.

If you love someone and who is really dears to you, and there are these ppl who are making fun of her/him and you heard them. You will try to defend this special one right?? If you love this person truly you will try to defend him, BUT if you did not, even though you love her/him you don’t really deserve this person.

So what is your answer now??? And don’t forget am not talking about violent action nor twisted ways to solve things.

Al-kafirun(did I spell it correct?):
for you is your religion,for me is my religion.

why do people have to interfere with other's religion if it is not their religion?
doing that would only cause problems.

I think this is totally crazy. First thing is first as many people has said that Jyllands Posten has nothing to do with the government nor vice versa. People are stupid to belive that rules will be bent because of this. Free press and freedom of speech isn't total freedom. Free press means the media can take up any topic they want no matter how stupid it is wether it's religious or about a silly famous person. Freedom of speech is about we danes can have any opinnion we want and talk loud about. We do have racist laws but still we are allowed to have an oppinion not to like immigrants as long as we don't pester them with it. When it comes to the drawings, this was a small case until an Imam went on Arabic TV and said that the muslims should go up against Denmark. Then he goes on Danish tv and says that he had tried to calm them down. Suddenly alot of drawing and pictures came out of the shadows that weren't among the original 12 drawings. this put even more gasoline on the fire. The Imam that i spoke of earlier had sent out a deligate to the middle east to talk about this and for some reason they didn't do what the danish government was told they went there for because after the deligation had been in the middle east the conflict started. It's belived that someones been playing a snake and lied to make this blow up. Danish people have nothing against religion, and alot of the stuff muslims hear in the middle east are blown up lies. Some don't even know anything about the conflict, but they are joining in because the others are enraged. Now where does this bring us? well in my opinion religion is the root of all evil and that is why i don't have one. Since religion makes differences and canflicts the easy way. because mankind is too stupid to realise that all people are equal and it's a waste of time fighting. And to clear up some small side questions. Yes I'm a Dane and I'm proud to be one. I don't hate muslims nor any other religion but i utterly hate extremists and i think they should shut up already. But to sum it all up the government should never apologise for a newspaper. The people who are obviously blowing this up should step foward and take the blame. The news paper already apologised so thats that. no reason to draw in anyone else. I also noticed that the middle east knows very little about what really is going on. They run around burning flags and yelling off with their heads. To me this seems very low and barbaric. Are they still in the middle ages? well to put it simple theres no reason to get so mad as to put bounties on the heads of Danes who has nothing to do with it not is it ok to burn embassies nor threaten. But to clear things up i like muslims who are peacefukl and good at debating things like alot of my friends are and they are very angry about their countrymen are blowing this up to such an unnecersary size. So this is what i think.

QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 16 2006, 09:22 PM) i totally disagree. the government's job is to allow the media to be imparcial and free, which is only possible by giving it full independence: controlling media has a specific word, and it's known as "censor". no government should EVER control its country's media -- that would be halfway to the abuse of power.

so, one more reason for the Danish government to not own any apologies to anyone. the newspaper is independent, and i'm glad it is, just like i'm glad most of the portuguese media is.

/jp
China censor and controls their media..

On another note danish pwns arab..i think arabs are like whoa good 'opportunity' to blow up all the western embassay and pwn them (its true)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back