Deltora Quest

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Shockro

Kouhai
Alright, this has me really confused. So a random book series from Australia I read that wasn't well know around there or North America AT ALL got ported to Japan and sold over 40 million copies, was made into a game and now an anime?

This is ridiculously...AWESOME. I really hope it turns out good. (Doubt it, though.)

By the way, is this subbed yet? The promo said it came out yesterday....

QUOTE (Shockro @ Jan 07 2007, 03:35 PM) Alright, this has me really confused. So a random book series from Australia I read that wasn't well know around there or North America AT ALL got ported to Japan and sold over 40 million copies, was made into a game and now an anime?

This is ridiculously...AWESOME. I really hope it turns out good. (Doubt it, though.)

If it just came out yesterday, then don't expect a subbed release anytime soon. The subber is DATS, the group that subs Digimon Savers. Considering how slow they are with that series, they may release the first 1 or 2 episodes moderately fast, and then its possibly downhill from there.

I read the books and just watched the opening theme. All I can say is...omg...YES! The book came pretty close if not exactly on character description. I'm looking forward to this series.
happy.gif

I read the books in 4-5th grade and really enjoyed them. The first episode was okay. I didn't like the way they explained deltoras past. It seemed too childish. Not to mention I didn't picture Lief to look so much younger then Barda(sp?) even tho there is a huge difference in age I expected Lief to look older.

QUOTE (Botan06 @ Jan 26 2007, 07:44 PM) Not to mention I didn't picture Lief to look so much younger then Barda(sp?) even tho there is a huge difference in age I expected Lief to look older.
heh that always happens in anime. A character either looks younger or older than they actually spost to be. For example look at Ichigo of Bleach. he's spost to be 15 but looks 17ish...

Leif looks maybe 13ish but is 16...so really its the same thing just the opposite way.

I also thought the exposition of the story about Deltora was insulting the viewer's intelligence, but considering the market audience since it plays on Saturday early morning time slot, not surprised.

Was anybody else's eyes slightly bothered by the pastel tint backgrounds? My eyes had a little trouble watching the show. But, the characters were done average or so. Still viewable.

Oh, I watched it on youtobe yesterday, sub or dud dun remember. I guess its quality isn't high though
biggrin.gif
And the story (at least in ep1) is a little childish

QUOTE (Shockro @ Jan 07 2007, 06:35 PM) Alright, this has me really confused. So a random book series from Australia I read that wasn't well know around there or North America AT ALL got ported to Japan and sold over 40 million copies, was made into a game and now an anime?

O.M.G are you serious that deltora quest is going to become an anime?!
ohmy.gif
i've got the ENTIRE collection of it in my sch libary but i never liked it!! i read the synopsys and i was like 'this is a book aimed at 11-12 yr old boys'
blink.gif
i'm a 15 (16 soon) yr old girl and it just doesn't intrest me - but it really sold 40 million copies there?!
blink.gif
wow.... amazing!
blink.gif

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Jan 26 2007, 09:44 PM) lol IS THAT LORD OF THE RINGS the anime!? I really think the story are quite similar except the main character doesn't have a shining sword...
Not at all.

Do u think its worth checking out ?, I'll probably look into this in the near future, when more eppys come out.

BYE

i kind of agree with mkk when ive seen the first ep. similar to lord of the rings, except that this one is like king of the gems. lol i didnt even know that this anime was a book. i better check that out coz i love books.

as for the anime, i think its got potential to be a good series. so, i cant wait for the nxt ep. and wish that dats will change their mind and speed the subbing but, its just a wishful thinking on my part. oh well.
laugh.gif

I've seen episode 1 a while ago and the guitar in the theme song is so cool.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I've already read the books and if you guys think its childish now, when they reach Shadowlands, it'll be way more gruesome,trust me.
wink.gif

QUOTE (malfion @ Jan 30 2007, 09:43 PM) I've seen episode 1 a while ago and the guitar in the theme song is so cool.
laugh.gif
Anyway, I've already read the books and if you guys think its childish now, when they reach Shadowlands, it'll be way more gruesome,trust me.
wink.gif

I doubt that. I've read the books but I don't think it will be anymore grusome in the anime due to the fact I think this anime is based towards the younger audiance.

Hey,its only been one episode and atleast the theme song is so awesome. Dos anyone know where I can find the instrumental?

QUOTE (Botan06 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:16 PM) I doubt that. I've read the books but I don't think it will be anymore grusome in the anime due to the fact I think this anime is based towards the younger audiance.
It might be for younger kids. But Japanese Kids aren't as sheltered as American kids. For one pure example. Japanese Kids know of death at like age 6.

My cousin is friggen almost 8 and still doesn't know what death is....my friggen aunt shelters the kid.

QUOTE (RockStar1426 @ Jan 31 2007, 11:26 AM) It might be for younger kids. But Japanese Kids aren't as sheltered as American kids. For one pure example. Japanese Kids know of death at like age 6.

My cousin is friggen almost 8 and still doesn't know what death is....my friggen aunt shelters the kid.
That's not a very good example. You may be right tho but I still don't think it will get MUCH more violent.

Wow. It's actually staying pretty true to the books (Well, if you ignore the fact that there is a hell of alot more fighting on Lief's part in the series than in the books) and it's actually pretty decent. Looking at the preview for episode 5, it's still following the books to a tee.

My only problem with character designs is that Lief's outfit is kind of funny. Like, with the black tights and the green vest/tunic thing, but that's really not a big deal. Jasmine's outfit is random but fitting to her character and Barda looks almost exactly as I thought he would. I think it's weird that Filli is a random ball of fur though.

QUOTE (Shockro @ Mar 13 2007, 07:23 AM) Wow. It's actually staying pretty true to the books (Well, if you ignore the fact that there is a hell of alot more fighting on Lief's part in the series than in the books) and it's actually pretty decent. Looking at the preview for episode 5, it's still following the books to a tee.

My only problem with character designs is that Lief's outfit is kind of funny. Like, with the black tights and the green vest/tunic thing, but that's really not a big deal. Jasmine's outfit is random but fitting to her character and Barda looks almost exactly as I thought he would. I think it's weird that Filli is a random ball of fur though.
I thought filli was like a squirrel lol. Were those the same questions asked in the books?(I can't remeber) because in the books I remeber it was more suspensful. Oh and the "bombs" that the grey guards were throwing, I thought they were spikes poision balls called blisters or somthing?

i was wondering if there was a problem with episode #6 ???
sad.gif
mad.gif

did anyone else get a copy WITHOUT subbs ? english anyone ???
thank you and have a great time enjoying the shows.... Robert

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back