Darker than BLACK

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
g03pb7.jpg

Title: Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha
Japanese: 黒の契約者
Premier: 5th April 2007
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Action, Science Fiction
Original Creator: BONES
Animation Studio: BONES
Official Website: http://www.d-black.net/

Bones comes this season with a new series titled “Darker than Black”, the new anime takes direction in the world of spies and secret organisations. This new anime is directed by Okamura Tansai and the animation direction by Komori Takahiro. Both where involved with the production of Wolf’s Rain and Scrapped Princess.

The main character “Hei” is part of a group called “keiyakusha”. This group exists mostly of special trained members who all have a psychic ability. The rest of the known characters are Mao, In, Huang, Misaki, Yutaka and Yuusuke. The story of the series is set in Tokyo… except there’s a huge black hole with a radius of 10 meters in the middle called “Hells Gate”.

From the looks of the synopsis this new series of Bones seems vague. But, like mostly all their other series, it will probably turn out good. The whole thing seems to remind me of Kurau: Phantom Memory, also a sci-fi anime which had mysterious organisations and psychic powers. The story of that anime was rather dark but very interesting nonetheless. I hope the same of this series and I think it will be…
cool.gif

Darker than BLACK Trailer

Darker than BLACK Teaser 2

Now thank me again for bringing out another new anime thread.

ByeBye

Though a sci-fi would be right up my alley. Hope it is better than Night Head Genesis though. One of the only sci-fi's from last season. Somehow i think that one came up lacking especially with the hype behind it.

I want the blind girl she can't see what happens in the dark bwhahahaha
wink.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 02 2007, 07:24 PM) Though a sci-fi would be right up my alley. Hope it is better than Night Head Genesis though. One of the only sci-fi's from last season. Somehow i think that one came up lacking especially with the hype behind it.

I want the blind girl she can't see what happens in the dark bwhahahaha
wink.gif

I think this anime may become a surprise hit like Ghost Hunt...............from what I've heard its pretty good.

I like this one. it's very mysterious. Sunako-chan might like this too...
laugh.gif

Yup I've finally put a pic on the introductory post.

Some scans: -

I hope you like the pics......it took a while coz imageshack was a bit slow.
dry.gif

ByeBye

hahahaha! the music on the trailers remind me of Lupin III!
seems really interesting...I'm gonna check this out when it comes out.

I'm really looking forward to this series, mostly because it's a BONES production. BONES is my favourite studio, producing such great animes such as FMA, Scrapped Princess, Ouran School Host Club and Rahxephon (these are some of my favourite animes ever!!)
Wolf's Rain, Eureka 7, Angelic Layer are animes I haven't seen yet by Bones, but I've heard great things about them!
I was a bit disappointed by BONES' offering for the past season, Ayakashi had great animation, sound, and story, but it was still missing something. I couldn't get myself into it... I was actually forcing myself to watch it, hoping that I would come to like it, but I never did unfortunately
sad.gif

This spring season there are TWO series being produced by BONES, Skull Man and this one, I'm a lot more psyched about this series because I like the character designs and the story....the girl way in the background kinda reminds me of C.C (CODE GEASS), with the long green hair and weird white outfit...
biggrin.gif
(in the picture JCDRANZER posted)
Anyway, I think that I'll be more pleased with this show... but who knows, I may end up liking Skull Man better. Who knows.
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'm really excited for this spring!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!, another 6 more days till this anime premiers in Japan.
wacko.gif

Has anyone got any idea of which fansubbing group will do this anime ???
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

I like the animation and the genre, looks yummy
laugh.gif
I'll be looking forward to this one
laugh.gif

QUOTE (pipan21087 @ Mar 30 2007, 05:36 PM) I like the animation and the genre, looks yummy
laugh.gif
I'll be looking forward to this one
laugh.gif

You know what Pipan, I like the supernatural, horror genre a lot and there's a teamwork kind of thing going on this anime and it really reminds me of "Ghost Hunt", perhaps this anime could be our answer to Ghost Hunt 1st Season finishing and all of us watch this anime with a big grin and probably after this finishes or even before it finishes, a second season for Ghost Hunt will start to premier soon after that, hopefully.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 30 2007, 11:40 AM) You know what Pipan, I like this genre a lot and there's a teamwork kind of thing going on this anime and it really reminds me of "Ghost Hunt", perhaps this anime could be our answer to Ghost Hunt finishing and we'll watch it, hopefully after this finishes or even before a second season for Ghost Hunt will start to premier soon after that.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I'm so loving your thoughts JCD, I'm already very excited to watch this one and a second season of Ghost Hunt.
laugh.gif

I hope a subbed version of Darker than black will be released soon after it gets released in Japan.
laugh.gif

Just finished watching the RAW and I have no clue what's going on, but I desperately want to find out. The subbed version can't come soon enough. They show off some cool psychic abilities it seems and one guy appears through solid cement to knock our main guy off a bridge onto or in front of a train, but then he's there later and he looks fine. A lot of mystery about it and with Misaki (I think that's the one. The younger girl with the light hair). You see her several times with her legs dangling in the water with what seems like an irregular pattern of ripples coming from her legs, but she never talks and she isn't really even a part of the 1st episode. They just show her. Of course I would obviously learn more if I could understand more of what they are saying so I just need the subbed version now. All I can say is I'm gonna keep watching Darker than Black cause it looks really good.

The OP is pretty good as well. It's "Howling" by Abiingdon Boys School.
The ED was alright, but not as good as the OP. It's "Tsukiakari" by Rie fu.

Is it just me, or did anyone else realize this:

ccau0.jpg

QUOTE (RockStar1426 @ Apr 06 2007, 12:21 AM) Is it just me, or did anyone else realize this:

ccau0.jpg

That thought was lingering in the back of my mind when I saw her. Is she the blind woman J-dono mentioned in the first post?

This one looks more dark in comparison to the other animes. I hope it's subbed fairly quickly as there are a lot of anime's coming that look good. At least it's something to help me destress from all the assignments I'm being hammered with at school. It does have that Ghost Hunt feel to it, so hopefully this will keep me occupied until a second season of Ghost Hunt comes out (hopefully
biggrin.gif
). Can't wait.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 06 2007, 04:26 AM) That thought was lingering in the back of my mind when I saw her. Is she the blind woman J-dono mentioned in the first post?
No, the blind girl's name is "In" and she's the one with a purple and black dress and she's the one with light hair. *My* Misaki-chan is the one with glasses and brown hair. B-san, the one you see dangling her feet in the water is "In" and she's sadly blind but she has some other physic abilities and she is one of the main characters. Not so sure about the C.C. lool-a-like but she has blond hair instead of green.
wink.gif
Does anyone know who will sub this anime ??
rolleyes.gif

Wow great art! I`m sure I`ll be watching this one for this season! I think it has to do something with dimensions...

I think I`ll be taking the dark guy on the left...HE looks very cool...

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 02 2007, 12:24 PM) I want the blind girl she can't see what happens in the dark bwhahahaha
wink.gif

Eeeegads! I want the guy on the left....this looks like a very interesting new anime....looking forward to watching it and having a lively discussion ensue as a result......
laugh.gif
Be prepared senpai-kon!
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 06 2007, 04:25 AM) No, the blind girl's name is "In" and she's the one with a purple and black dress and she's the one with light hair. *My* Misaki-chan is the one with glasses and brown hair. B-san, the one you see dangling her feet in the water is "In" and she's sadly blind but she has some other physic abilities and she is one of the main characters. Not so sure about the C.C. lool-a-like but she has blond hair instead of green.
wink.gif
Does anyone know who will sub this anime ??
rolleyes.gif

Well in that case I want to claim In. I had thought that was Misaki the whole time and kept me from claiming her. I didn't realize she was blind either, but that doesn't matter at all.

I guess I'll claim the guy with orange hair. That is a guy right? It's kinda hard to tell or maybe I'm a little out of it from all the great anime that are coming out and the shows that will be continuing.
biggrin.gif

This one will probably get subbed as it looks pretty good, so we just have to see who puts it out first.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back