Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: The Severing Crime Edge
Japanese: 断裁分離のクライムエッジ
Date aired: 3/4/2013 (TV series, 13 episodes)
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Love-Romance, Seinen
Director: Yūji Yamaguchi
Original creator: Tatsuhiko Hikagi
Written by: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Character Design by: Katsuzo Hirata
Music by: Yasuharu Takanashi
Network: Tokyo MX, Sun TV, KBS, TV Aichi, AT-X
Studio: Studio Gokumi
Opening theme: ”Cage of Destiny (運命の檻 Unmei no Ori)” by Aimi
Ending theme: ”Kimi to Futari (君と二人)” by YURI*KARI (Yurika Endo & Karin Takahashi)
ED theme eps 1 & 6: "Glass no Mikazuki (硝子の三日月)" by Iwai Mushanokōji (Kotori Koiwai)

Main cast: Kiri Haimura (灰村 切) voiced by Natsuki Hanae
Iwai Mushanokōji (武者小路 祝) voiced by Kotori Koiwai
Yamane Byōinzaka (病院坂 病子http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5688-1250295064.jpg) voiced by Kaori Fukuhara
Hōko Byōinzaka (病院坂 法子) voiced by Yumi Uchiyama
Kanae Sumeragi (皇 鼎) voiced by Kōji Yusa
Kashiko Misumi (美墨 かしこ) voiced by Kiyono Nasuno
Nigi Ubuzato (初郷 和) voiced by Arisa Noto
Kotarō Naruto (鳴門 小太郎)http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5688-1971076472.jpg voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki
Seigi Nakajima (中島 正義) voiced by Akira Ishida
Kozakura Zenigata (銭形 小桜) voiced by Juri Nagatsuma
Hitomi Karuko (軽子 瞳) voiced by Kikuko Inoue
Houichi Koizumi (小泉 芳一) voiced by Takehito Koyasu
Ruka Shihōdō (四方堂 瑠架) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Romeo Zaiga (雑賀 露見男) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
Emily Redhands (エミリー・レッドハンズ) voiced by Rina Hidaka
Violet Witchy (ヴァイオレット・ウィッチー) voiced by Yukari Tamura
Kashiko's mother (かしこの母) voiced by Akiko Hiramatsu
Kiri's grandfather (切の祖父) voiced by Eiji Maruyama
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wg9dM8adQ
Official website: http://crimeedge.com/

Synopsis: Haimura Kiri is a seemingly ordinary boy with one slight problem: he is obsessed with cutting other people's hair. One day he meets Mushiyanokouji Iwai, the "Hair Queen" who cannot cut her hair because of an inherited curse. Kiri finds out that his scissor, "Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge" is the only thing that can cut them. But little did he know that their meeting sparked the start of an old murder game to kill the "Hair Queen" using the cursed killing tools, the "Killing Goods." Can Kiri protect Iwai from the Killing Goods Owners? Let the game begin!

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 15 2013, 03:18 PM)Random curiosity- Crime Edge: Seriously, I have read some strange japanese synposis in my time but wtf.as quoted from the spring line-up 2013 thread I agree with franzoir now that I watched the first ep, I'm just too curious to check out what's going on with this weird story and its murder stuff xD ...also dunno why some scenes remind me in a way to Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, this'll turn quite gory o_O expectation: very low - preliminary score 6/10

Yea... I watched this lol.

Obviously just a crappy anime but the first episode didnt satisfy my morbid curiosity since it took the guy a whole freakin episode to cut her hair.

What was hilarious was when that mysterious guy said the game had begun. Like seriously... I dont get it. They were waiting for the girl's hair to be cut for what purpose. Just nonsensical.

Need to watch the second episode to see how he will use his killing good.

That another thing, the way they use the word kill is just cringe inducing.

I want to see the first battle after that I will probably drop this show.

For some reason I just have this gut feeling that I should give it a go. Oh well.

The more I read this thread, the more I think "Who came up with this hair-brained plot!?"

Have they explained or provided any rationale behind this "cursed hair" or what makes it important? I'm sort of assuming this series is related to the rise in "hair god" manga, but even that feels like it's reaching.

Edit: the name puns are also terrible. The protagonist's name is "To cut". Seriously. @_@

Okay...

So we have a main character who has major fetish issues. (C'mon he was practically getting off just playing with her hair.)

The main girl while kind of cute, seems like she's a little off. Enough-so that it isn't appealing.

I'm more interested in the bad girl with the silver/white hair and glasses. She seems like her instability might make for a fun ride... The red-head just seems too one-dimensional, but I suppose that could change. But with the quality of the writing that I've seen so far, I'm not holding my breath on that hope...

So, is it a BAD thing that I totally want a Yamane Byōinzaka of my own?
huh.gif
Insanity has never been SO hot.

In all seriousness though, I think that this episode is leaps and bounds better than the first one. You actually get a feel for the playing field and what motivate the players. It's a strong sisterly-bond between the twins that you just don't get in the first episode. Rather behaviors seemed almost haphazard before. If episode 3 improves by a similar percentage, I'd say that we have a very watchable series here.

I feel ashamed but im going to have to watch this show to the end. When they started battling with syringes and scissor, I put my hand in my head and thought if this was really happening.

Hair Queen.....the gossip....ancient curse...killing goods that possess authors.

I mean really, what is the writer trying to achieve with this beside creating a bizarre/obscure battle shounen.

Sigh.

I watched the first episode because Necro recommended it and franzoir of all ppl is taking an interest in this show
tongue.gif
(sorry franzoir, I was pretty surprised you picked this one up, lol)
I have to give it credit for being unique, it's definitely something I've never seen before. However now that he's succeeded in cutting her hair, I just don't see how it can continue...? but obviously it does. I'm guessing that it will be a battle anime with the successors of psychotic killers battling it out. I'm not sure if I will be into this for the long haul, but I'll give episode 2 a try before I decide.

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 12 2013, 12:35 PM)I watched the first episode because Necro recommended it and franzoir of all ppl is taking an interest in this show (sorry franzoir, I was pretty surprised you picked this one up, lol)

I already feel enough shame as it is but sometimes I like to go garbage hunting.

this is just my imagination running loose since i only read the first or first three chapters of the manga a long time ago, i dont know anything that could be considered spoilers.

here is what i think might happen, probably we will end up learning that the crime edge isnt a killing good, something like the guy who used it was actually a forensic doctor without a license or something. Dramatic version? barber looses his wife and daughter to the plague and starts dragging dead bodies to his basement for performing authopsies and try and figure out the plague, in the end the basement reeked of death so the authorities sentenced him, meanwhile crime edge was cursed by his malice and the fact that it cut up a lot of bodies.

I think it fits since the scyringe only killed 2 persons and by accident, no matter how you look at it it would be insufficient to make something into a killing good, so there has gotta be a more important prequisite.... that must be the user's malice peaking.

QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 12 2013, 01:35 PM)I watched the first episode because Necro recommended it and franzoir of all ppl is taking an interest in this show (sorry franzoir, I was pretty surprised you picked this one up, lol)
QUOTE (Knorris908)I'm more interested in the bad girl with the silver/white hair and glasses.  She seems like her instability might make for a fun ride...  The red-head just seems too one-dimensional, but I suppose that could change.

So, is it a BAD thing that I totally want a Yamane Byōinzaka of my own?
huh.gif
Insanity has never been SO hot.

If episode 3 improves by a similar percentage, I'd say that we have a very watchable series here.not only franzoir but looks like Norren too Juli-chan o_O btw Knorris I guess you can keep Yamane if you enjoy to be injected and licked on your arm frecuently, too bad I can't stand injections easily -.- but her sister is a hottie too ^^ she isn't so 1D'al when they're together and i think the series will show more fetishes... as you was expecting ep'3 improved with a fight against that crazy hammer guy xD the murder game reminds me between Fate/ (fighting to kill hair queens, who grant wishes instead of a Holy Grail) and Mirai Nikki (obsessions/insanity) but now knowing Grayland killed 200+ people we may discard Klyern's theory ¬¬
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 17 2013, 07:55 PM) as you was expecting ep'3 improved with a fight against that crazy hammer guy xD the murder game reminds me between Fate/ (fighting to kill hair queens, who grant wishes instead of a Holy Grail) and Mirai Nikki (obsessions/insanity) but now knowing Grayland killed 200+ people we may discard Klyern's theory ¬¬

Well I have to agree with you NecroRyu, episode 3 was MUCH better than the first episodes...
I am getting the feeling that this "Grayland" is supposed to be the actual name of "Jack The Ripper". If it turns out that his "foreigner" ancestor comes from England, or if they mention White Chapel, I'd say that clinches it.
I'm also getting the feelng that we're not going to get the typical "Happy ending" that we usually see... This series may end up more along the lines of "School Days" with a surprise, twisted ending. I could totally see where he starts out only wanting to protect her, but as things (and the curse) progress, he'll find it more and more difficult to keep his compulsions under wraps. Then at some point, I think that he'll hurt her unintentionally, or be unable to stop cutting and scare himself into doing something noble like self-sacrifice. Or even more tragic, he'll end up like a rabid dog, unable to help himself...

These are not spoilers, but just my own, (and probably wrong) guesses for what direction this show will go in.

Gee, I'm such an up-beat guy!
blink.gif

At first I was going to give this series a pass due to the whole hair fetish deal they were going with here, but then after watching the first 3 episodes I'm kind of enjoying this series now.

For some reason I want to say it's something close to Mirai Nikki minus the yandere stuff though.
tongue.gif

So this show caters for people who like the following:-

1.) Trichophilia (aka Hair Fetish)
2.) Lolicon
3.) Sadako Fetish

Or those are major fetishes the original author is into. Unfortunately I'm not into that stuff. However, that doesn't mean I don't like the show, in fact I like it very much because of it's plot being slightly haphazard but having general layout similar to the Index series.

The first 3 episodes were decent and the cliffhanger in episode 03 is great....a new "Author" is in town. It's a good series that I will follow but isn't as great as the few other shows I'm also following currently.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 19 2013, 06:23 PM)So this show caters for people who like the following:-

1.) Trichophilia (aka Hair Fetish)
2.) Lolicon
3.) Sadako Fetish
1: Perhaps... I don't think I do, but then again I remember thinking that Farrah-fawcett-Majors was "hot" when I was a kid, and she has absolutely NONE of the physical attributes that I find attractive.... So it MUST have been the hair...

2: Absolutely NOT. Moral implications aside, a non-curvy woman just isn't physically-appealing to me... (One POSSIBLE exception is Kirisu-chan from "Steins Gate:", and the God's-honest truth is that I don't understand why I find her physically-appealing at all... She's the exact opposite of what I like to look at in a woman, but I guess maybe her character, or the voice-acting won me over?) This of course has no bearing on actual Love or the foundation of relationships... Just physical attraction.

3: A WHAT?!?!?! I don't even know what a "Sadako" is.... Maybe, since I've no idea what it could be...
laugh.gif

Sad thing is that my "ideal woman" within the confines of characters introduced in this show SO FAR would be The physical build of the red-haired sister, and the glasses and demeanor of the white-hared sister. I'm not a fan of syringes or needles in general, but despite her being psychotic, (OR perhaps because OF her being psychotic... Hey, I'm more complex than I thought!
biggrin.gif
) I just find something innately "Hot" about Yamane Byōinzaka... Crazy and all!

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 19 2013, 08:02 PM)QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 19 2013, 07:23 PM)So this show caters for people who like the following:-

3.) Sadako Fetish3: A WHAT?!?!?! I don't even know what a "Sadako" is.... Maybe, since I've no idea what it could be...
laugh.gif
lol i think Ranzer refers to a scary girl with long black hair from the japanese horror films titled Ringu (named Samantha in its american remake The Ring), also it's Sawako's nickname in the manga and anime series Kimi ni Todoke (live action too) because she's called like that by people afraid of her looks xD ...so in ep.4 a shark-toothed Author who most likely hanged the hammer guy shows up with 2 new hotties: a masochist police girl as his Instead and a blind, sexy musician (grown-up Eureka?) who is an Author too (the piano must be her Killing Good) ^^ nice to see your favorite Yamane is getting along with Iwai and Kiri

ph34r.gif

Well so far I am enjoying this series, and have to say that too think that there are more people that have the Killing Goods on them, and don't fel like bothering the Hair Queen at all. Well.... at least two of them don't want to but enjoyed meeting her.
tongue.gif

Although Ryu-kun, I think you're doing the Sadako fetish wrong, it's more like you're typical creepy girl beeing rahter moe all of a sudden.
tongue.gif

Episode 04 was good, and of course this series exaggerates the "sexuality" with the police chick clearing being into "asphyxiophilia", with her "orgasm" whilst being hanged.

The grown-up Eureka as NecroRyu described is freaking hawt, mainly because she has got some nice funbags and it makes sense that her "Instead" is deaf, so she can keep "killing" him with her Killing Good. It sort of sucks because the blind Author is really into killing people by the looks of it, which will most likely eventually lead to her death in the end, which is unfortunate.

Ah well, I'll be looking forward to the next episode.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 26 2013, 07:27 PM)The grown-up Eureka as NecroRyu described is freaking hawt, mainly because she has got some nice funbags and it makes sense that her "Instead" is deaf, so she can keep "killing" him with her Killing Good. It sort of sucks because the blind Author is really into killing people by the looks of it, which will most likely eventually lead to her death in the end, which is unfortunate.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 25 2013, 08:52 AM)Although Ryu-kun, I think you're doing the Sadako fetish wrong, it's more like you're typical creepy girl beeing rahter moe all of a sudden.
tongue.gif
i know :3 just showing Knorris who is the girl that Ranzer was talking about but here are a few pics comparing her cute version with Iwai (a moe loli Sadako ^^), about that Eureka look-alike hottie I wonder who was the corpse which she and her Instead Houichi were hiding because that Rulebook Author Seiji is still alive... wow ep.5 is more ecchi than the previous with that couple of fetishists Romeo and his Instead Ruka o_O their saliva licking scene reminded me Nazo no Kanojo X, however this series has been balanced nicely on scary and weird stuff contrasting with comedic slice of life or relaxing scenes like happened in the orienteering day

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ May 01 2013, 10:59 PM) i know :3 just showing Knorris who is the girl that Ranzer was talking about but here are a few pics comparing her cute version with Iwai (a moe loli Sadako ^^), about that Eureka look-alike hottie I wonder who was the corpse which she and her Instead Houichi were hiding because that Rulebook Author Seiji is still alive... wow ep.5 is more ecchi than the previous with that couple of fetishists Romeo and his Instead Ruka o_O their saliva licking scene reminded me Nazo no Kanojo X, however this series has been balanced nicely on scary and weird stuff contrasting with comedic slice of life or relaxing scenes like happened in the orienteering day

I hope that the same animator who drew grown-up Eureka-chan does a "Grown-up Hair Queen-chan" version as well. I LIKE how he envisions them once they've matured.
biggrin.gif

Nice one with the moe loli Sadako. Now that I know what it is, I can say without hesitation that while I might want to take one home, it's merely to protect them like a child or a pet. Not because of any "adult" interests, so I guess they're not my taste. (But hey, at least now I know.)

Oh, and can I submit a motion to the community that we elect Silendris as the official "Fansub.TV Nick-name crafter"? She's on fire! She hasn't missed with coining a hysterical-yet appropriate name yet!
blink.gif

LOL good idea! then i'll invite her to come up with more nicks for this series too xD about Sadako-tan i guess you mean as a Sumomo or Kotoko from Chobits though, this one coming out from a screen instead ^^ as the closest grown-up Hair Queen look-alike i remember is Yuko from Tasogare otome x Amnesia ¬¬ back to topic... in ep.6 i was kinda surprised: Ruka is actually an author and Iwai defended herself from zombified sempais but is it just me or are they "censoring" any violent scene, why monochromatic tones? anyway was moving to see her and Kiri dance in its ED looking as a finale but this PV they and Yamane look grown-up o_O timeskip again?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back