Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who do you think is behind Monokuma now?

• Kazuo Tengan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyōsuke Munakata

• Kōichi Kizakura

• Seiko Kimura

• Chisa Yukizome

• Jūzo Sakakura

• Miaya Gekkōgahara

• Ruruka Andō

• Sonosuke Izayoi

• Ryōta Mitarai

• Daisaku Bandai

• Great Gozu

• One of the Despair Remnants

• Any survivor from the first TV series

• A character from Super Danganronpa 2 game

• None of them / another game, manga, etc.

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Danganronpa -Academy of Hope and School of Despair- The Animation
Japanese: ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 THE ANIMATION
Date aired: 4/7/2013 (TV series 13 episodes)
Genres: Murder mystery, Psychological, Urban fantasy, Action/Adventure
Original creator: Spike Chunsoft
Director: Seiji Kishi
Written by: Makoto Uezu
Character design: Kazuaki Morita
Studio: Lerche
Network: MBS, TBS, CBC, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Never Say Never" by TKDzZb
Ending theme: "Zetsubōsei: Hero Chiryōyaku" by Suzumu feat. Soraru
Main cast: Monokuma (モノクマ) voiced by Nobuyo Ooyama
Makoto Naegi (苗木 誠) "Super Duper High School Luckster" voiced by Megumi Ogata
Sayaka Maizono (舞園 さやか) "Super Duper High School Idol" voiced by Makiko Oomoto
Leon Kuwata (桑田 怜恩) "Super Duper High School Baseball Player" voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Kyouko Kirigiri (霧切 響子) "Super Duper High School ???" voiced by Yoko Hikasa
Byakuya Togami (十神 白夜) "Super Duper High School Scion" voiced by Akira Ishida
Hifumi Yamada (山田 一二三) "SDHS Fanzine Maker" voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi
Mondo Oowada (大和田 紋土) "Super Duper High School Outlaw Biker" voiced by Kazuya Nakai
Touko Fukawa (腐川 冬子) "Super Duper High School Bookworm" voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Celestia Ludenberg (セレスティア・ルーデンベルク) "SDHS Gambler" voiced by Hekiru Shiina
Aoi Asahina (朝日奈 葵) "Super Duper High School Swimmer" voiced by Chiwa Saito
Kiyotaka Ishimaru (石丸 清多夏) "Super Duper High School Prefect" voiced by Kousuke Toriumi
Sakura Oogami (大神 さくら) "Super Duper High School Fighter" voiced by Kujira
Yasuhiro Hagakure (葉隠 康比呂) "SDHS Shaman" voiced by Masaya Matsukaze
Chihiro Fujisaki (不二咲千尋) "Super Duper High School Programmer" voiced by Kouki Miyata
Junko Enoshima (江ノ島 盾子) "Super Duper High School Model" voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmobY-jCjy4
Official website: http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondorobe/anime/danganronpa/

Synopsis: A group of 15 elite high school students are gathered at a very special, high class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you’ll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

Necropinion: erm what the hell I just watched?! xD definitely this is my weird anime choice of this season expecting it to be full of gore and madness, clichéd characters about to kill each besides that Sakura she-male and Mono-bear creep (specially annoying when it laughs); Ex: very low - PS 5/10

While i was watching kiyotaka i was thinking i saw his character somewhere.... i just realised, PIROHIKO FROM ZHP!!! XD

now that you mention it they look alike xD i wonder if he really was based from Zettai Hero Project game characters, so glad i'm not the only one posting about this crazy show (it's comprehensible because this season offers better series)... so Junko and Sayaka are already dead in ep.2 o.o just like in the 'no Naku Koro Ni' series this requires some thinking to find evidence about who killed the idol, 1. the clattering door; 2. a trick to open Naegi's bathroom & 3. Togami was last to arrive :/ so is he the culprit? also why pink blood? is the game censored too?
blink.gif

OK I gave this one a chance yesterday, and it wasn't too bad except for the annoying voice of the Monobear or whatever. After discussing it with my watching partner, (
tongue.gif
) we realized that the characters were exaggerated stereotypes. Perhaps this is series supposed to be sarcastic towards the survival genre of games/animes. The problem is, that even if characters get killed off, I don't think I will feel any emotional attachment at all? Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, I don't know.

As for who I think will survive, the main character of course
tongue.gif
and perhaps Kyouko. I believe that Celestia is very manipulative by already setting up that rule that nobody should be walking around at night.... maybe because thats exactly what she plans to do? lol

Now my opinion is only based on the first episode, I haven't seen the 2nd one yet and I'm on the fence if I will follow this til the end or not.

you're right it's not so bad ^^ I must admit ep.3 was way better than i expected in the beginning, you cant trust in appearences after all and this game adaptation is a good example (cornered Leon's reaction xD)... as you thought I voted for Naegi as obvious survivor but I hope it turns out unpredictable until the end -.- now that you said Celestia is manipulative, Kyouko is very mysterious and smart too ¬.¬ what's with her "Super Duper High School ???" why she helps him but hides her speciality?
their OSTs are cool btw
cool.gif

Enoshima Junko - the only person I liked in this series - died. I'm dropping this show.

QUOTE (Silendris @ Jul 22 2013, 04:30 AM)I'm dropping this show. If that's the case, I'll go ahead and spoil it a little with some MAJOR GAME SPOILERS. If Junko is your favorite character in this series, ABSOLUTELY watch it until the end.

QUOTE (krakentime @ Jul 22 2013, 12:11 PM)QUOTE (Silendris @ Jul 22 2013, 05:30 AM) Enoshima Junko - the only person I liked in this series - died. I'm dropping this show.If that's the case, I'll go ahead and spoil it a little with some MAJOR GAME SPOILERS. If Junko is your favorite character in this series, ABSOLUTELY watch it until the end I was about to drop it too after its first 2 episodes but then again i remembered ep.3 'not everything is what it seems' and more now that I found #4 with subs, it seems Fukawa is related to Genocider Syo's case and the current murder ¬¬ i could be wrong but i think Junko died very suspiciously (like it was planned)... I mean come on :/ she isnt THAT silly to kill herself knowing about Monokuma's deadly warning already but she stepped on that crazy bear out of rage anyway, I guess she faked her death if she's its mastermind like Miyo's alibi in Higurashi or at least she's an accomplice so i suggest you to keep watching and find out
wink.gif

I'm getting into this show, despite the purple blood and overall juvenile look
tongue.gif
That op.... omg.... terrible imo
tongue.gif

However, I thought the trial and detective work part was compelling to watch in episode 3. I didn't think the guy with the blood on his shirt (aka the most obvious one) would actually be the killer in this case. But now that they're rid of him, I think the mysteries will be even harder to figure out.

actually Leon's shirt didn't had stains on it but its red color design looks like real blood, here is pink or purple so that's why nobody there thought it and you can check it in his pic above ;p... talking about the trial and detective work part are even better in ep.5 with more plot twists ^^ that bipolar fuyoshi will be hard to deal with, also after watching the credits i guess my theory is right about who's behind Monokuma (it looks like Winnie Pooh while eating from its honey jar)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 26 2013, 11:00 PM)QUOTE (krakentime @ Jul 22 2013, 12:11 PM)QUOTE (Silendris @ Jul 22 2013, 05:30 AM) Enoshima Junko - the only person I liked in this series - died. I'm dropping this show.If that's the case, I'll go ahead and spoil it a little with some MAJOR GAME SPOILERS. If Junko is your favorite character in this series, ABSOLUTELY watch it until the end I was about to drop it too after its first 2 episodes

I also wanted to drop this series but something doesn't seem right.
As you mentioned it was too easy. We get big killing scenes and that one felt out of order. Sure you can say it was a spur of the moment but even then the bear used elaborate schemes to make his point. It doesn't fit...
It is nice to have a sort of detective series to find out who killed who. Still i dislike the main guy Naegi..he feels really weak.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 03 2013, 04:55 AM)As you mentioned it was too easy. We get big killing scenes and that one felt out of order. Sure you can say it was a spur of the moment but even then the bear used elaborate schemes to make his point. It doesn't fit... It is nice to have a sort of detective series to find out who killed who. Still i dislike the main guy Naegi..he feels really weak.even though he's sharp coming with accurate deductions he isn't an interesting enough protagonist then his survival will be very predictable and disappointing, I'll be really surprised if he dies (for real) before this series ends so in that case i guess the ones that'll be very tough to kill off are Sakura and genocider Sho... the girls more fit to survive are Kyouko or Celes as they're smarter ^^ Togami too but i dislike him (at least he has sense of humor coming up with a DB gag), about ep'6 two were killed with hammers and will be too obvious if Yasuhiro did because he's attracted to money but I think it was 'Alter Ego' controlling a robot

well after watching ep.7 I'm glad that I was wrong in most of my guesses because this series has been unpredictable, in many ways but I don't know how different is this adaptation than its original games... or if they'll animate DR2 too so i just hope they're making a new route never seen in them like in School Days, about ep'8 will be interesting to see who's the culprit in this locked room murder like in Umineko
smile.gif

I catched on to Necro-kun's hint and got myself to watch the eleventh and twelveth episodes. I suspected as much. I'm going to watch the thirteenth episode when it gets subbed, but I'm not regretting dropping this show.

Titles: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy - Side Future / Side Despair
Japanese: ダンガンロンパ3 -The End of 希望ヶ峰学園- 未来編 / 絶望編
Airing dates: 11/7/2016 (2nd TV series) and 14/7/2016 (3rd TV series)
Original character designer: Rui Komatsuzaki
Director: Daisei Fukuoka
Written by: Norimitsu Kaihō
Music by: Masafumi Takada
Character designers: Ryōko Amisaki and Kazuaki Morita
Sound director: Satoki Iida
Director of photography: Naoki Serizawa
Art director: Eiji Wakamatsu
Art setting by: Naomi Ogura
Color design by: Tarō Kaguchi
Prop design by: Megumi Matsumoto
Produced by: Yoshinori Terasawa (Otasuke Producer)
Animation producer: Yūji Higa
Scenario supervision: Kazutaka Kodaka
Producer: Yoshinori Terasawa (Otasuke Producer)
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11, AT-X
Opening theme: "Dead or Lie" by Maon Kurosaki feat. Trustrick
Ending theme: "Recall the End" by Trustrick
2nd OP theme: "Kami-iro Awase (カミイロアワセ / Matching the Color of God)" by Binaria
2nd ED theme: "Zettai Kibō Birthday (絶対希望バースデー / Birthday of Absolute Hope)" by Megumi Ogata
Mirai arc:
Future cast: Kazuo Tengan (天願 和夫) "Former Hope's Peak Academy Headmaster" voiced by Hidekatsu Shibata
Kyōsuke Munakata (宗方 京助) "Former Super High School Level Student Council President" by Toshiyuki Morikawa
Kōichi Kizakura (黄桜 公一) "Former Hope's Peak Academy Student Scoutman" voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Seiko Kimura (忌村 静子) "Former SHSL Pharmacist" voiced by Saki Fujita
Chisa Yukizome (雪染 ちさ) "Former SHSL Housekeeper" voiced by Mai Nakahara
Jūzo Sakakura (逆蔵 十三) "Former SHSL Boxer" voiced by Junichi Suwabe
Miaya Gekkōgahara (月光ヶ原 美彩) / Monaca Towa (塔和 最中) "Former SHSL Therapist" voiced by Aya Hirano
Zetsubō:
Ruruka Andō (安藤 流流歌) "Former SHSL Candymaker" voiced by Inori Minase
Sonosuke Izayoi (十六夜 惣之助) "Former SHSL Blacksmith" voiced by Takuya Eguchi
Ryōta Mitarai (御手洗 亮太) "SHSL Animator" voiced by Kanata Hongō
Daisaku Bandai (万代 大作) "Former SHSL Farmer" voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Great Gozu (グレート・ゴズ) "Former SHSL Wrestler" voiced by Kenta Miyake
Usami (ウサミ) / Monomi (モノミ) voiced by Takako Sasuga
Despair cast: Hajime Hinata (日向 創) / Izuru Kamukura (神座 出流) "SHSL Hope" voiced by Minami Takayama
TV series PVs: https://www.youtube.com/embed/0AaOjY0cBzg?r...kHzE3EENkO4uNBn
Official websites: http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/ and http://www.danganronpa.com/ (game)

Synopsis: The world was close to being destroyed by Ultimate Despair, who caused "The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History." In order to save this world from the event's chaos, the Future Foundation was formed. Although the organization continues its activities to restore the world, Makoto Naegi is under suspicion of treason due to him shielding a Remnant of Despair. The Future Foundation members had gathered together to decide on his punishment, but they all end up getting trapped inside the place they were meeting by Monokuma, who demands that they begin the "Final Killing." They have strange bangles put on their wrists, and are given tranquilizers when a certain time arrives. To make things worse, there apparently is a real traitor amongst their ranks who is coming to kill the members of the Future Foundation. In this game where class trials don't exist, the only way to get rid of the traitor is to find him and kill him off. Naegi is forced to face the ultimate death game, where it's kill or be killed. The tale of despair in which hope kills hope begins.

QUOTE (Silendris @ Oct 03 2013, 05:58 AM)I catched on to Necro-kun's hint and got myself to watch the eleventh and twelveth episodes. I suspected as much. I'm going to watch the thirteenth episode when it gets subbedActually just in case you read this post, it's not over yet! almost 3 years later
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 08 2016, 05:47 AM)Man there is pretty much nothing worth watching this coming season. Indeed... Magic, Drama, Sci/fi, Shows that are obviously pointing towards Echhi (even though it does not say it)... Honestly I got Not even a single one planned at the moment...

Even the whole Dangan Ronpa stuff I say... No thanks... First one was good enough. Anything else afterwards, feels like they are milking it... I mean Look its a Prequel of Dangan Ronpa 2 and a Sequel of Dangan Ronpa 1... The fact that you have two of them at once is already a bit nuts!

If I look at the chart all I can do is... *Sigh*... Reminds me of the time I made the comment that we were heading towards an Anime Recession!

Danganronpa 3 the End of Kibōgamine Gakuen: Zetsubō-hen, why isn't titled 2?

Despair cast: Akane Owari (終里 赤音) "Super High School Level Gymnast" voiced by Romi Park
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu (九頭龍 冬彦) "SHSL Gangster" voiced by Daisuke Kishio
Mahiru Koizumi (小泉 真昼) "SHSL Photographer" voiced by Yū Kobayashi
Nagito Komaeda (狛枝 凪斗) "SHSL Lucky Student" voiced by Megumi Ogata
Hiyoko Saionji (西園寺 日寄子) "SHSL Traditional Japanese Dancer" voiced by Suzuko Mimori
Kazuichi Soda (左右田 和一) "SHSL Mechanic" voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya
Gundham "The Forbidden" Tanaka (田中 眼蛇夢) "SHSL Breeder" voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
2nd VN:
Mikan Tsumiki (罪木 蜜柑) "SHSL Health Committee Member" voiced by Ai Kayano
Chiaki Nanami (七海 千秋) "SHSL Gamer" voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Nekomaru Nidai (弐大 猫丸) "SHSL Team Manager" voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto
Sonia Nevermind (ソニア・ネヴァーマインド) "SHSL Princess" voiced by Miho Arakawa
Teruteru Hanamura (花村 輝々) "SHSL Cook" voiced by Jun Fukuyama
Ibuki Mioda (澪田 唯吹) "SHSL Club Light Musician " voiced by Ami Koshimizu
Peko Pekoyama (辺古山 ペコ) "SHSL Kendo Swordswoman" voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono
Others:
Jin Kirigiri (霧切 仁) voiced by Rikiya Koyama
Natsumi Kuzuryu (九頭龍 菜摘) voiced by Haruka Yamazaki
Satō (サトウ) voiced by Ai Shimizu

QUOTE (Masich @ Jun 08 2016, 11:54 AM)Ronpa stuff I say... No thanks... First one was good enough. Anything else afterwards, feels like they are milking it... I mean Look its a Prequel of Dangan Ronpa 2 and a Sequel of Dangan Ronpa 1... The fact that you have two of them at once is already a bit nuts!well its games are nuts ;p so, flashbacks of Super Danganronpa 2 after ep.1?
sleep.gif

QUOTE (wedora @ Oct 16 2013, 03:33 PM)Hmm, Danganronpa might fit your criteria. The detective discussion portions felt sort of like that show with Beatrice and Battler, forgot the name. Danganronpa is staged as a survival game but ends up being a murder mystery. If you can make it past the obnoxious bear in ep 1 it grows on you.

Also, Psycho-pass, though that was closer to a GITS-feel than a Conafor me Both arcs just picked up in eps 5 with Seiko's childhood friends', sadistic Junko's debut already linking S1... after the truth behind an obsessed Ryota Im looking forward its outcome tomorrow, loved ep.2's Double dragon homage
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back