D. Gray-man

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
This show reminds me of Naruto... and a little like Bleach... maybe a pinch of FMA too.

Is it going to be like that?

I noticed that when the cops died no blood was shown. To me that's a big turn off because that tells me that the show doesn't have mature elements and is targetting younger viewers. That also usually implies a weak storyline...

*cringes upon hearing someone mention Black Cat*

I watched the ep yesterday.... I agree, it is not for mature audience. Plus I found the akumas characters pretty ridiculous, a weapon made of soul and despair, common!!! Besides, the idea of "monster hunting" is a really old one and I would even go as far as to call it profane.
If a monster hunting anime wants to catch my attention, it must offer something original or have a really outstanding plot. So far this anime doesnt look like it is special in any way.

I will give the second ep a chance, but if nothing really interesting happens there either, that was it for me.

Yeah, I agree with all that.

I think the only thing I liked about the show was the bad fat demon person, but only because he has the same voice actor as Phyllo from .hack//roots. =)

There is blood in the manga, but some times they get rid of blood when it becomes a anime. And its not a monster hunting anime. They do look for Innocence which is used to kill akuma. The b are the Millennium Earl who wants to cleanse the world by destroying all the humans in it in the manner of Noah's great flood. Later Noah's Family teams up with the Earl.

QUOTE (hadji_129 @ Oct 05 2006, 02:18 AM) This show reminds me of Naruto... and a little like Bleach...
I don't think its THAT bad.
o;

Actually, i kinda like it.
And the voice actors sound familiar, the main character sounds kinda like Akira from Hikaru no go. o:

QUOTE The only bad part is killing Akuma too fast........

This was the first episode, what did you expect?

As long as the story is way better than those Akuma-creatures, than I'll keep on watching this one... And I thought that they could've changed that big-smile clown.. you know, that weirdo who turns souls into killing machines... He just doesn't fit there at all!!

QUOTE (Bo-bobo @ Oct 05 2006, 08:03 PM) He is the main villain. His name is the Millennium Earl
Yeah! That guy
dry.gif
He is just WRONG... they should've changed him a bit, I was hoping for a cool or evil looking one... how can such a weird smiling clown be the Bad-Guy.....

In the manga he has hearts when ever he talks. I think he is a good creapy bad-guy. And when he gets mad he does look vary evil. There are alother weird creapy stuff in D.gray-man so he fits right in Ex: the weird bunny girl with the bunny mask on.

yyyaaaa... i like the anime as well te manga >....< i like also the songs ^^ can someone tell me where i coud find them please???? ooo tell me what ... no... who sang them ^^ ????

QUOTE (lyrika @ Oct 06 2006, 02:39 AM) yyyaaaa... i like the anime as well te manga >....< i like also the songs ^^ can someone tell me where i coud find them please???? ooo tell me what ... no... who sang them ^^ ????
OP:
Innocent Sorrow by abingdon boys school

ED:
Snow Kiss by NIRGILIS

Currently no information is available on when the singles will be released.

QUOTE (Takaru @ Oct 05 2006, 07:11 AM)And the voice actors sound familiar, the main character sounds kinda like Akira from Hikaru no go. o:
Actually, I recognized it too, and it turns out it is the same voice actor ^____^

I also enjoyed this anime. Sure it's for a younger audience, but it looks like the main character's gonna be fun ^o^

Oh, and for anyone that doesn't think a fat man w/ an umbrella and a clown face can be scary, I direct you to this episode of Cowboy Bebop: 'Pierrot le Fou'
Personally he creeped the crap out of me ^___-

[Oh, and just a note: If you want specific details (i.e. voice actors, OP's, ED's, eps. titles, etc.) just go to a site like animenewsnetwork.com. Fansub even has links to that kind of site for every anime they host, so it's really easy to find.]

QUOTE Currently no information is available on when the singles will be released.

The OP's single ("INNOCENT SORROW" by abingdon boys school) will be released on 6 december. Included are D.Gray-man stickers (yay) and various other goodies. There are a total of two tracks on the single (the second being a song called "Fre@K $HoW"), and it will go for 1020 yen (tax included).

Please buy it and support them! XDD <33 I really love the song X3.

I have no idea about the ED's single though o_o;

QUOTE (Kubus @ Oct 06 2006, 05:01 PM)
The OP's single ("INNOCENT SORROW" by abingdon boys school) will be released on 6 december. Included are D.Gray-man stickers (yay) and various other goodies. There are a total of two tracks on the single (the second being a song called "Fre@K $HoW"), and it will go for 1020 yen (tax included).

Please buy it and support them! XDD <33 I really love the song X3.

I have no idea about the ED's single though o_o;
Where did you find this information? I'm curious to know. *and I'm always open to looking for new sites such as these*

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 06 2006, 07:24 AM) OP:
Innocent Sorrow by abingdon boys school

ED:
Snow Kiss by NIRGILIS

Currently no information is available on when the singles will be released.
Ok ^^ i'll look for them ^^ thank you for the information ^^

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 06 2006, 04:43 PM)Where did you find this information? I'm curious to know. *and I'm always open to looking for new sites such as these*
Well I'm a huge T.M.Revolution fan, and abingdon boys school is a band that he set up (I'm sure a lot of people here recognize TMR from hit anime songs as "INVOKE", "ignited" and "HEART OF SWORD ~Yoake Mae~" from Gundam SEED (Destiny) and Rurouni Kenshin). The reason I'm watching D.Gray-man is that abs is performing the OP XD. I got the information from T.M.Revolution's official site (the official abingdon boys school site will open soon).

It's tm-revolution.com
happy.gif
. The information is all in Japanese though, you'll find nothing about abs on the English version of the site.

Hope that helped XD.

QUOTE (Kubus @ Oct 07 2006, 09:06 AM) It's tm-revolution.com
happy.gif
. The information is all in Japanese though, you'll find nothing about abs on the English version of the site.

Hope that helped XD.
LOL I thought that was TM Revolution. I recognized the voice and guessed that but when I looked up the info it said the other band
tongue.gif
Anyways, I'm glad to hear "TM Revolution" doing the OP of the series. They had many good songs.

PS: You forgot Zips, Vestige, and Meteor!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back