D. Gray man

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Patrick5087 @ Aug 06 2008, 07:54 PM)It could be cross faking people out. I mean he was able to hide from the Earl. The only problem is what Tim was saying before this arc. Its hard to say it's not suicide.

Also I think they should have kept Allen in long hair gave him a sort of refined gentleman look about him. Also in a way made him look more like cross.

Edit: I've just re read some of the chapters, his "doll" has the ablity of illusion. Taking control of the senses so... it may be fake, giving him enough time to run.
And then he wrote a long and sorrowful video message inside tim, revealing all his real feelings and thoughts because?...

Either he knew he will die and was ready for it, or knew he will die and wanted to end it himself.

Cross is the sort of person who would never say such words, unless he is near death.

Run? And leave his Innocence gun there?
smile.gif

well we haven't heard the whole message either, unless i missed something, plus after him hugging Allen I think anything is possible with him at this point. Its just hard to say, waiting for the next chapter is a pain
dry.gif

QUOTE (Patrick5087 @ Aug 07 2008, 08:45 PM) well we haven't heard the whole message either, unless i missed something, plus after him hugging Allen I think anything is possible with him at this point. Its just hard to say, waiting for the next chapter is a pain
dry.gif

We heard "part of message" at the first page of the start of this arc (cover page with tim)

LOL, F THE AUTHOR! just wow; its like hes trying to piss me off... "and no one has seen marian cross ever since that day." is he serious?
dry.gif
good lord wtf was i even looking forward to...

anyway now that i vented that... it seems the general didn't do a suicide or anything of the sort, but there has to be a good reason for what he did... no way that it just keeping a secret anymore, but what annoys me even more is that we dont know the time frame of "never seen again"... is it never as in the next arc or is he not going to show again throughout the manga? and yes there is a chance its the latter

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Aug 09 2008, 03:30 AM)LOL, F THE AUTHOR! just wow; its like hes trying to piss me off... "and no one has seen marian cross ever since that day." is he serious?
dry.gif
good lord wtf was i even looking forward to...

anyway now that i vented that... it seems the general didn't do a suicide or anything of the sort, but there has to be a good reason for what he did... no way that it just keeping a secret anymore, but what annoys me even more is that we dont know the time frame of "never seen again"... is it never as in the next arc or is he not going to show again throughout the manga? and yes there is a chance its the latter
I am pretty sure its "complete future". That means - never seen again...EVER.

For first, I think we will get "present chapters" about missions and etc and we will be "wtf why do they act like that?" "why do they do that?" "why does he look like that?". From chapter to chapter, we will get flashbacks from Allen's POV, filling up the gap from "death" to "chess" moments.

As for Cross - I am betting that Allen will sort out it getting clues as story goes on, on what exactly happened there, but he or anyone else won't ever see Cross alive again.

As for why body was taken - it was said that 14th placed his "will" into Cross, Mana and Allen. Now Mana is part of Allen/14th, so Hitler could as well want to "extract" whatever is there in Cross.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 09 2008, 08:15 AM) <snip>
quite bothersome of the author imo, but i think your right... d.gray man consists of a lot of flashbacks to begin with anyway
laugh.gif

well at least we know (like you said) where the next fillers for the anime come in
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i still cant believe he pulled this stunt on us.... its like building it up to the climax and then taking it all away, not to mention Allen seems a bit different now... and so does Kanda's attitude towards him

Dont know how many of us are still following D.Grayman now, but ill post all the same.

I thought after the break that it kinda got dull tbh, but these 'Crow' characters have made it seem interesting for me, since the idea of using Akuma with humans, i would have though the order would have stayed away from that kinda thing lol

It does remind me of Claymore though with all the Akuma and merging Humans with it lmao

I enjoyed this chapter. Its was nice. Granted the pacing seemed swift but i suppose that was to just get us in the mood after a long hiatus.

Although i do wish the Noah werent all introduced like that. Since i just know that apart from that chapter i wont remmeber most of them.
sad.gif

As for the art, i liked it. Kinda represents growth, since Allen in the bgining did seem to look like a child. Now he is more manly/bishie looking.

Shame the wait is until November. Then again monthly relases shouldnt be that bad, they havnt harmed CLaymore imo
biggrin.gif

Damn this chapter was great.

I'm just hoping they won't kill the main exorcist now with the "hunt" and whatnot. I actually like all them, cept for that new lame kid.

Also, where's Krory? He made no apperance on the chapter, while all the other main exorcist atleast showed in 1 panel.

One more thing. In the last page, did Road become like a doll or something?

i want to continue reading this but to be honest i dont think the author with survive long enogh to finish this series i mean how many time was it on hiasu due to illness and accdent?XD

Yeah it feels like "Trap" on Bakuman. I mean I really like the characters, and the story is pretty good, but with all the hiatus she's been on. I kinda lost interest.

I read the chapter, and it was pretty neat and stuff, but now it's only updated monthly, so I can see myself just getting tired of this.

Is anyone still following this or is it just me?

This months chapter was fiarly cool, i liked Allen fighting with his innnocence though. But i really cant see Alma joining the Earl though if he does suruvue this, he will probbaly fall to Kandas (maybe Allens but i doubt it) sword again or go solo is what im guessing. And i do like how the Apostles are suffering all because Alma got infected witht he Akuma virus though.....

But i like the idea that the Earl is tempting the the 14th to come out though
smile.gif

Of course I do follow D still. I don't like the drawings these days and overall 'comical' aspect of the manga, I preferred it when it was more shounen than comedy-shounen. :/

QUOTE (qrdel @ Jun 05 2010, 11:56 AM) Of course I do follow D still. I don't like the drawings these days and overall 'comical' aspect of the manga, I preferred it when it was more shounen than comedy-shounen. :/
You dont like the drawings? well since DGM started the drawings have changed at least 3 times, so i can see why. I will admit i prefered the art in between the 2 hiatuses, than what it is now, but at least its still on going which to me is the main thing. But art doesnt bother me, especialy reading Chris Bachellos art work on Amazing Spider-man i will read anything thats better than that lol

Yeah i do agree its gotten comics of late, but i think its only realy when Allen and Kanda are together which they always ending going for comic stylings because of there rivalry, which i do like since i think its better than other rivalrys that are done where its just boasting to one another. So i think the comedy will disperse once this part of the story with Kanda and Allen together ends.

Bleach should take note of this imo. You had progression a fight and at the same time progression of the character conflicts.

I think the Noah will now take route in Allen and 'kinda' awaken, my god i hope so anyway. Especialy since it seems that the Earl worships the 4th (still not entirly sure why) so that would be interesting.

I really enjoyed this chapter, Kanda beign shouted at saying hes going to die, mae me smile since its claer that by this point Kanda doesnt give a damn about his body/survival. I really dont want Kanda to die here but i think if he does survive this it could be interesting where his charater goes on from her. But is it just me but surley by Alma killing Kanda isnt he just doing similar to what Kanda did all those years ago?

dont anyone find the comedy inappropriate? i mean they do 2 man standup comedy show while everyone is dying around them.....

kanda will never die. heck i dont think any of the main cast will die.

Isn't that true for most shounen anime/manga? :]

QUOTE Isn't that true for most shounen anime/manga? :]

na, in other shounen manga they never do 2 man stand-up comedy show while faceing the final boss who is brutally mudering everyone.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back