Congress to probe P2P sites

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと
Retired
Taken from a security website that found it on CNET lol...

Full article here

QUOTE (CNET @ April 21, 2009 10:41 AM PDT)The main investigative committee in the U.S. House of Representatives has reopened a probe of Lime Wire and other peer-to-peer file-sharing companies over the issue of "inadvertent sharing." The move comes nearly two months after it was alleged that Iran took advantage of a computer security breach to obtain information about President Barack Obama's helicopter.

hummm we going to get haunted by the goverment now I guess lol.......

Let the government get into lime wire... maybe they can clean it.

they not just going to do limewire they going to do all P2P sites that mean torrents stuff too.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Apr 26 2009, 08:29 PM) they not just going to do limewire they going to do all P2P sites that mean torrents stuff too.
They are trying to attack p2p software that uploads / downloads files without the user's consent basically which is not how bittorrent works. With bittorrent you have to choose to download/upload a certain file or nothing happens.

That is why limewire is being singled out.

At least that was the gist of what I got out of it.

wow so they are saying some dutchbag put the blueprints onto a folder that has a p2p software on it, and they are blaming the p2p company?? what a lame excuse. and honestly its a helicopter its not the Death Star.

I mean they are blaming the company for other peoples illegal activity

What I finding amusing that they're starting an investigationg 2 months after the allegation about the blueprints. Surely the investigation should have been conducted more or less immediately.
It looks like U.S. security although being paranoid is failing at it's own job again if they've waited so long regarding an allegation. I don't like to bring it up but with 9/11 they had been tracking the guys responsible for months and lost track of them when they entered the U.S. I always wondered how if they were able to track somebody poutside the U.S. they can lose them on their OWN turf.
Anyway I have to agree that they're aiming at the wrong person(s) to investigate. Shouldn't they be finding out how the information got leaked onto a P2P system in the first place?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back