Co-op tuts

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Yrp, I'm anxious to see your results! With some extra care, this sig can become a "rockstar" =)

Okay here is my revision:

AUSDOERRT-SIG-TUT-2.jpg

Basically what I've done is added the upper level of hell image and color burned it with my flame layers. So you'll see some of the 7 sins on the bg. Which is perfects because it's so like hell lol. I brought out my text a bit more and that's about it. Adding the upper level of hell was a good touch.

Finish the tut and here my result =D
ausdorrettutcopyjbc2.jpg

next time I want to use flames I will have a idea of what I want now.

Wingzero - WAY better now, your sig now has some sort of meaning/flavour. Nice Job!
Kansa - pretty good, but not quite. Do sth with your render... Have you tried feathering? Perhaps feathering some more or using a transparent eraser will help... The render stands out too much. You may also try to add a dark orange/red glow to it...
Also, your brushing seems a little too heavy, I can't even make out the picture in the BG... Try changing opacity of brush layers...
Also, since your BG colour is pretty dark, I would advise orange or red for border colour as opposed to yellow...
Other than that, great job! Make some adjustment and we'll se what you get!

PS. Personal comment: if you want to make it a really great sig try playing with the topic a little. Primula and fire don't really match, so going for ice is what I would advise. You could either change brushing colour to different levels of blue, or dig up some sort of icy brush =)

finally got some time to remake my first try, outcome:
cooptutredonetd1.jpg

Ausdoerrt, would you mind reuploading the flame tut elsewhere, every time I click on the link, the tut appears, but when it finishes to display it, it disappears, so I can't do the tut
sad.gif
and I really wanted to
sad.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 06 2006, 12:02 PM)Kansa - pretty good, but not quite. Do sth with your render... Have you tried feathering? Perhaps feathering some more or using a transparent eraser will help... The render stands out too much. You may also try to add a dark orange/red glow to it...
Also, your brushing seems a little too heavy, I can't even make out the picture in the BG... Try changing opacity of brush layers...
Also, since your BG colour is pretty dark, I would advise orange or red for border colour as opposed to yellow...
Other than that, great job! Make some adjustment and we'll se what you get!

PS. Personal comment: if you want to make it a really great sig try playing with the topic a little. Primula and fire don't really match, so going for ice is what I would advise. You could either change brushing colour to different levels of blue, or dig up some sort of icy brush =)
I already feather it like 4 px already...I guess I need some more. there wasn't really much in the background there like a flower back there...well I will try some of those adjustment and see what I get.
Yea I would have went for ice too since it go well with the show but this was a flame tut so that why theres flames plus I was following the tut so that why there red/yellow/orange flames. If you want me to use a different render I just though of the perfect person so if I do use it I will post that one.

@Kansa: PRIM is power! Well you know I could imagine that's what it would look like if she was mad lol. You did follow the tut which is good. The feathering is fine on prim, I think a sharpen bg will bring it out more. As for the flower that's behind the flames, try playing with the blending modes. I'm sure one of those will bring it out a bit. But I love Prim and it looks like she's mad at the world lol!

@BAakaTheOne: Much better. See with a little bit of time and TLC your sig just came out better. I still think that you have an fab render and the border is still looking good. Nice job.

@Ausdoerrt: Yeah my sig looks good with the seven sins in the bg. It's hard to find a shot of that. On top of that I had to render it from a book scan lol. I was debating weather putting the upper or lower level of hell... but it worked out with the upper.

Baka The One - just for you
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 07 2006, 12:15 AM)Baka The One - just for you

thanks, but i didn't need it any more (found out exactly were the tut was on the server by using the View Page Source, then typed it into the address bar, nad voila, there was the tut in all its glory, which I now have on my PC)
but thanks for your consideration

PS: it's BAakaTheOne

Gome-ne!
laugh.gif
I never noticed that it meant "a.k.a." Im too fast to make decisions.
biggrin.gif

finally had a go at the tut, but I didn't went for fire but for ice
biggrin.gif
(will try and do fire sometime this week)
I think my problem is the BG image, really not inspired on what to use
sad.gif

cooptut2he6.jpg

Yeah, that AND foreground effects. Try feathering the render and creating another set of brushes atop of it to add some non-abstract effects or some more ice on the bottom... Also, it's rether blue fire lol. =)
As for BG pics, how about these?
1 2 3 4
Pick one!

QUOTE (WINGZERO619 @ Nov 06 2006, 10:22 PM)@BAakaTheOne: Much better. See with a little bit of time and TLC your sig just came out better. I still think that you have an fab render and the border is still looking good. Nice job.actually, i did put another Blending layer, but i also took the eraser tool with a soft brush and ~70% opacity and started erasing from other blending layers
also i used the burn/dodge tool on the whole image to bring more colour to it

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 07 2006, 07:07 PM)Yeah, that AND foreground effects. Try feathering the render and creating another set of brushes atop of it to add some non-abstract effects or some more ice on the bottom... Also, it's rather blue fire lol. =)
As for BG pics, how about these?
1 2 3 4
Pick one!it actually had ~6-10 px feathering lol

got my hands on snow brushes, outcome:
cooptut2redoneri3.jpg

Yeah, that takes care of it... Have you dine anything with the BG pic? Looks like you have... Maybe. If you have, make the brushing a little less opaque(just the BG brushing, not the foreground). Actually bringing forward a picture will give it a different flavour.
Also, try adding a shade or a dark glow to the render - the BG is killing it... Or, you might want to shade off the BG just a little... You might use adjustment layers, but my easy way is:
1.Create a new layer right under the render.
2.Fill -> black colour.
3.Now adjust colour (Image->adjustments->variations... OR curves...) and layer/fill opacity of that layer to shade the BG off so that it is not too bright... Try if that looks beter...
Also, it could be more fun if you named the character on the render...
Other than that, great job! Nice improvement since your earlier sigs! Keep up good work!

Oh! just noticed, all of your corners look kinda empty... Try to find a nice brush to make nice-looking corners(sth like on my Marjorie Doe sig...)
I've seen some snoe brushes out there that might take care of it...

@BAakaTheOne: I'm digging that snow effect. Opaque the white brushing that's on the foreground a bit more. Since your render's colors don't quite match the bg, I suggest hue/saturation it. Choose like a light bluish color then go ahead and bring up the hue/saturation menu and select colorize. Adjust your saturation and I believe it's brightness accordingly and see what you get. Your border is matching the overal appearance of your sig. Try the hue and saturation on your render.

@ baaka: i've been wondering how to do this: how'd you get the text effect to go like that? I tried making up texts and stuff on my own, skewing it around, making it look like a written letter, but the outcome was sloppy.

@hamasusuke: The links to the brushes is at the end of my tutorial; this is the handwriting brushpack for Photoshop I used for this tut. The blue shade is made by making another layer of brushing and matching it with the first.

@hamasusuke: You have to text warp it. once you have your text highlighted, right click on it and you'll see a text warp selection. Select it and you'll see all kinds of cool things to do with text.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Nov 08 2006, 05:30 AM)@ baaka: i've been wondering how to do this: how'd you get the text effect to go like that? I tried making up texts and stuff on my own, skewing it around, making it look like a written letter, but the outcome was sloppy.
if you're referring to the bg text, it's like Ausdoerrt said, I took the brushes he provided, and brushed once on a layer, afterwards I rotated it with Free Transform (CTRL+T) or you can always put an angle to the brush from Brush Tip Shape
and I have another layer of handwriting brushes on Overlay mode

cooptut2redone2wr2.jpg

I used several adjustment layers (actually only 2
biggrin.gif
)
one for the bg and one for the render
tip: if you select the render as for feathering and then make an adjustment layer, it will adjust only your selection
wink.gif

my 2 adjustment layers are done like that

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 08 2006, 12:19 AM)Also, it could be more fun if you named the character on the render...
Other than that, great job! Nice improvement since your earlier sigs! Keep up good work!
actually, I don't remember the name of the game it is from (I think Spellforce, but I'm not betting any money on that)
unsure.gif

@BAakaTheOne: That hue/saturation really did the trick. Now she looks way better with your bg. +1 on the adjustments.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back