Claymore

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ah that is a shame, I thought they would at least find a decent voice over for Claire. The dubs just aren't as good as always for some anime. Some times it just seems worthless to buy the product if the dubbing is bad. Yet still is worth it to have to listen to it in the original audio, plus some have good extras.

Claymore_Image_020.jpg

Forgot to mention... but my favorite character is Jean *sniff*(Click Spoiler For Image), too bad that she sacrificed herself for Claire, but it was the right thing to do. JAANE~
ph34r.gif
tongue.gif

QUOTE (GERBER @ Dec 07 2008, 12:36 AM) plus some have good extras.

Wow you actually know a Dubbed anime DVD with good extras!? Thats gotta be a first, whats it called?

Bleh, just heard the dub and im kinda dissapointed but ill probably pick the seires up if it comes over to the UK though, but if they dare screw Mirias voice up there will be hell to pay.

But knowing our luck FLora wont have a damn cute loli voice......

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Dec 07 2008, 01:35 PM)Wow you actually know a Dubbed anime DVD with good extras!? Thats gotta be a first, whats it called?

Bleh, just heard the dub and im kinda dissapointed but ill probably pick the seires up if it comes over to the UK though, but if they dare screw Mirias voice up there will be hell to pay.

Hi,

New here and just saw the Claymore 1-26 episodes. OMG they were so good!!!! Just have a question and maybe since I am new here it as already been said but, is there any plans to do another season of Claymore beyond the 26 episodes?

Thanks

Well yes this question has been asked soo many times a mod has closed this thread before due to unbelievers. So to answer your question there is nothing planned as of yet for a claymore second season, there has been no news or anything to say that there will be any kind of sequel.

Glad you enjoyed it though and if you did enjoy that much then pick up the manga which is even more awesome.

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Dec 07 2008, 04:56 PM) Well yes this question has been asked soo many times a mod has closed this thread before due to unbelievers. So to answer your question there is nothing planned as of yet for a claymore second season, there has been no news or anything to say that there will be any kind of sequel.

Glad you enjoyed it though and if you did enjoy that much then pick up the manga which is even more awesome.
Thank you so much. I will check it out.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Dec 07 2008, 12:35 PM) Wow you actually know a Dubbed anime DVD with good extras!? Thats gotta be a first, whats it called?

Good voice overs I have ever heard are just a small but well known animes. My fav(even though it had a bad ending) Escaflowne also had ok extras, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Last Exile but I don't know about the DVD extras on that one(My friend showed it to me).

I can't believe that some anime companies have the nerve to leave any series open ending, it is just so annoying at times. This one is just missing one under dweller to introduce and a huge war that will most likely happen. It is just wrong to end it like this, still a great series.

When I have the cash I might pick it up, was it that hard for them to match Claire's calm voice. I see that this would have been an easy task... ANY WHO I still have not heard it in english dub but I got a response earlier that it wasn't good. JAANE~
tongue.gif

-EDIT-
It really wasn't that good, "Just seen a clip of some random dubbed scenes with Claire talking. OMG, the voice actress is totally wrong. The original voice was much more in character. Sultry and deeper. The english voice sounds like a girl, with a rather high pitched squeaky voice, trying to force her voice lower but failing miserably." Mowerman-dono - I agree with him... Raki just sounds like a kid also. It's ok though and not horrible
ph34r.gif
tongue.gif

True, good dubs are pretty rare to find these days (but I think we're pretty much past "the old days", days of absolutely horrendous dubs) although there are quite a few of them which are just magnificent (Hellsing OVAs spring to mind... daaaamn, that's an awesome cast of English VAs there - even got the accents right).

Putting that aside, I think Claymore's dub actually relates to how we westerner's have trouble relating to female characters with masculine voice (not to see we adore "squirrel got kicked in the nuts" high pitched voice either), especially if that character is a main character. In fact, I can really think of few anime characters who got proper deep and badass voice in their English versions (Cornellia from Code Geass, for example). Basically; dubbed females are either high pitched girls or gasping retirement home escapees.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (johnfsg @ Dec 07 2008, 04:41 PM) Hi,

New here and just saw the Claymore 1-26 episodes. OMG they were so good!!!! Just have a question and maybe since I am new here it as already been said but, is there any plans to do another season of Claymore beyond the 26 episodes?

Thanks
Answer: WE DON'T KNOW!!

Seriously, the last 4-6 episode were rewritten compared to what really happened in the manga. If there ever was going to be another season, there would have to a lot of rewriting to make it fit the manga.

BTW, the manga is still going on strong.

Most likely no second season because the ending got fcked up for some reason. In any case, if you're hoping for more Claymore, my take is that they would do it a la FMA Brotherhood style. A whole new retelling this time following the manga closely. So that's something possible but highly unlikely as it is being overshadowed by too much moe blobs and such. *sigh*

QUOTE Answer: WE DON'T KNOW!!

Seriously, the last 4-6 episode were rewritten compared to what really happened in the manga. If there ever was going to be another season, there would have to a lot of rewriting to make it fit the manga.

BTW, the manga is still going on strong.

First off. Why did you resurrect this thread and answer a question i had already answered 5 months ago especially in the manner of which you did?.
dry.gif

Kheal, they did follow the manga very closesly up to the last 4-6 episodes so if they were to air it again, they would only need to sort the last episodes. i can't see claymore airing again anytime soon because if they were to air it again they would probably be better waiting for the manga to stop. At one chapter per month thats gonna take a long time.

QUOTE (shinigamii @ May 19 2009, 10:40 AM) Kheal, they did follow the manga very closesly up to the last 4-6 episodes so if they were to air it again, they would only need to sort the last episodes. i can't see claymore airing again anytime soon because if they were to air it again they would probably be better waiting for the manga to stop. At one chapter per month thats gonna take a long time.
Followed it and yet had to rewrite it at the same time because they did something wrong half way through. Also, for anyone who questions it, the way to end the series itself was already really bad. If anyone wants a "real" story, read the manga is about all I can say.

Oh yeah, my mistake, it's the ending that got screwed up.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 19 2009, 12:03 PM) Followed it and yet had to rewrite it at the same time because they did something wrong half way through. Also, for anyone who questions it, the way to end the series itself was already really bad. If anyone wants a "real" story, read the manga is about all I can say.
Ah yes Kit, we've had this discussion already 2 years ago. Most avid manga readers who have followed the series like myself since day 1 like oh I don't know...5 years ago already THOUGHT that Madhouse was going to follow the manga story-by-storyline.

They didn't.

Now comes the quandary. Was Madhouse trying to re-write their own series after episode 18, or was this a vision that got Norihiro Yagi's signal that indeed, this was or is being planned to be the actual ending of the series?

2 years ago, I was one of the majority who thought the writing AND especially, the ending was a load of excrement. After thinking about it lately, the details of the volcano should be the leading cause of ulcer among Claymore fans.

Cant blame Madhouse for trying to be original with Jean being alive in the last moments of that absurd volcano scene. But the most important to me personally was probably the ending where PROBABLY the most hated character that everyone really wanted to strangle and kick in the face was still alive...

RAKI.

Well, knowing that there is a manga out there which is still ongoing gives me hope, and I may consider picking up on it some day. For now though I am really wishing for a new season or some form of continuation for the anime. I watched the entire show in 2 days (6 episodes the first day and 20 the next, hah). For some reason, this is probably one of my favorite anime ever. Not even sure why, exactly, but I guess I felt attached to the characters and storyline. By the way, this is my first post here; I made an account to comment on this so hello >:}

Hello people,

Just finished watching the entire Claymore series and wanted to give my thoughts on it.

It's a very dark and gruesome story, with some deep character relationships and interaction, which I really liked. The combat was also pretty epic and entertaining. It kind of reminded me of DBZ combat in some ways, like the charging up to gain more power, but the combat of course also has a lot of differences and is far far better in Claymore in pretty much everyway, so I don't mean to take that comparison too far.

This is definitely one of the best anime I've seen.

I noticed there's a lot of mixed opinions on the ending. Here's my thoughts on it, hopefully this all hasn't been mentioned before (don't care to read through all 77 pages to find out).

First of all, I haven't read the manga yet, but it doesn't have much relevance to me anyway, since I'm willing to view and judge the anime as a separate story.

So I thought the ending was overall pretty good for what it was, but it did kinda annoy me that Clare didn't try to kill Priscelia when she had the opportunity to, after being so determined to for almost her entire life and having such a good reason to. It was somewhat of a disappointment. However there is the fact that Easely was there the entire time watching their battle, and would have saved Priscelia if Clare tried to kill her, since he says after the battle, "Sorry but I can't let you kill her", so it made Clare's decision not matter as much. There's also the vision Clare has of Teresa afterwards, which makes it seem like Teresa is glad Clare didn't go through with it.

I was sort of expecting Clare to never be able to revert back to her normal form after the fight with the Silver-Eyed Lion, since it seemed too unrealistic for her to be able to after the extent that she transformed/awakened. However, the way she managed to turn back at the end wasn't that bad at all. I'm glad Raki's hugging/crying isn’t' what caused it, as that would have seemed far too simple and easy. It was sad though that Jean had to die from it, but death is just a big part of this anime and partly why it's so good.

As for my thoughts on the likely hood of a sequel.. I think it's very very likely, since there were just so many unresolved conflicts at the end. The three ultimate awakened ones are all still alive, Priscelia is still alive, Clare and the others still have to deal with the organization on their back, and there's just so much more that needs to be revealed or developed more. Plus, there's a lot of talk about the future between the characters. I really doubt they had the intention of creating an incomplete anime..

In season 1 one on the members in the organization feels that Teresa is or was a biggest threat in the organization. How powerful is Teresa? Did she fight an awaken being much more powerful that Eisley? Or the creatures of the abyss stayed at bay because of Teresa. I like to see more of Teresa's power. Why the organization is so obsessed and feared at the same time. How did she became a Claymore? I like to see more of Teresa's power on the next season. And Claire head to head the rest of the high ranking claymores. And also the devious workings in the organization.

QUOTE (Davidian @ Jul 06 2009, 07:32 AM)
1. First of all, I haven't read the manga yet, but it doesn't have much relevance to me anyway, since I'm willing to view and judge the anime as a separate story.
That explains why you would have some positive opinions about it...

3. However there is the fact that Easely was there the entire time watching their battle, and would have saved Priscelia if Clare tried to kill her, since he says after the battle, "Sorry but I can't let you kill her", so it made Clare's decision not matter as much.
Which goes right against the manga canon.

As for my thoughts on the likely hood of a sequel.. I think it's very very likely, since there were just so many unresolved conflicts at the end.

No. It is not "likelly". For one - it did not sell well. For second - it went completelly out of the manga storyline with last ~5 episodes.

QUOTE (Davidian @ Jul 06 2009, 07:32 AM)I really doubt they had the intention of creating an incomplete anime..

Yes they did - them changing the ending means just that - they have no intentions to continue.

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Jul 21 2009, 01:54 PM)In season 1 one on the members in the organization feels that Teresa is or was a biggest threat in the organization. How powerful is Teresa? Did she fight an awaken being much more powerful that Eisley? Or the creatures of the abyss stayed at bay because of Teresa. I like to see more of Teresa's power. Why the organization is so obsessed and feared at the same time. How did she became a Claymore? I like to see more of Teresa's power on the next season. And Claire head to head the rest of the high ranking claymores. And also the devious workings in the organization.

There's no "next season". There won't ever be.
If you want to see what happened - read the manga
A lot of questions about Theresa are answered in Theresa chapter.

--------
Seriously it was really bad idea to re-open this thread...

QUOTE That explains why you would have some positive opinions about it...

You have to be joking..I probably would find the magna ending better from what I've heard, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just judge the anime ending differently, since as I said, "I'm willing to view the anime as a seperate story", which it is in a way. I judged it by how it was implimented, whether it was too absurd, or dissapointing, and by a bunch of other details. You shold try it sometime.

QUOTE Yes they did - them changing the ending means just that - they have no intentions to continue.

Your jumping to that conclusion far too easily. Maybe they'll just end up making the next series different from the manga in some respects, but still retain some similarities as well. The way all the main charaters were preparing for another, even harder adventure at the end, and with all the talk of the future, it makes it seem pretty obvious the anime creators are not dismissing the idea of a sequel, as they made it extremely easy to continue the story if they wanted to.

I'm glad to have re-opened this thread and get my thoughts in about the anime.

It seems to me you just dont want to see a sequel to this anime because of how it compares to the manga. Do I detect an angry fanboy? Probably with comments like your first one.

Anyways don't care to talk to you further about this since you're probably not worth the time.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jul 21 2009, 02:59 PM)Yes they did - them changing the ending means just that - they have no intentions to continue.

Yeah I agree. It's just like FMA and Hellsing that had altered endings....NOT. Even if they change the ending doesnt mean that the animation will die completely. I have to agree that they wont continue from where the animation left since they ruined the ending. They should have just made mangas and left everyone dead in Pieta but i guess that would have been a little too harsh ending for some viewers...atleast this way they could have continued from what they left but this was the end from their part.

I hope the serie will get some OVA rather than whole new serie like hellsing ultimate, This way we could adventure with Raki who is learning swordmanship from Easley or smt. That would be awesome for all those patient fans who can wait for month just for one chapter ^^

Well the serie itself was decent. I have dropped quite a few on last few months just because of lack of quality/story. Claymore anime still had ongoing plot and good drawings but the ratings just didnt catch the audience. Maybe the age fork were too limited or ones who were reading the manga didnt want to support animated version because of lack of content? Who knows but still it was dropped and wings clipped with rushed ending and change on plot.

QUOTE (Davidian @ Jul 22 2009, 01:35 PM)
You have to be joking..I probably would find the magna ending better from what I've heard, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just judge the anime ending differently, since as I said, "I'm willing to view the anime as a seperate story", which it is in a way. I judged it by how it was implimented, whether it was too absurd, or dissapointing, and by a bunch of other details. You shold try it sometime.

Your jumping to that conclusion far too easily. Maybe they'll just end up making the next series different from the manga in some respects, but still retain some similarities as well. The way all the main charaters were preparing for another, even harder adventure at the end, and with all the talk of the future, it makes it seem pretty obvious the anime creators are not dismissing the idea of a sequel, as they made it extremely easy to continue the story if they wanted to.

I'm glad to have re-opened this thread and get my thoughts in about the anime.

It seems to me you just dont want to see a sequel to this anime because of how it compares to the manga. Do I detect an angry fanboy? Probably with comments like your first one.

Anyways don't care to talk to you further about this since you're probably not worth the time.

QUOTE Your jumping to that conclusion far too easily. Maybe they'll just end up making the next series different from the manga in some respects, but still retain some similarities as well.

No. You have to realize that Priscilla is the main villain. She drives the story via Clare's goal. Clare has nothing left to accomplish. Sure, they could make up some new villain that kills everyone and gets Clare pissed off, but that wouldn't be nearly as powerful - or emotionally charged - as Clare avenging Teresa after years of regret.

QUOTE The way all the main charaters were preparing for another, even harder adventure at the end, and with all the talk of the future, it makes it seem pretty obvious the anime creators are not dismissing the idea of a sequel, as they made it extremely easy to continue the story if they wanted to.

No. The ending is like Guts actually killing Griffith. No.

QUOTE It seems to me you just dont want to see a sequel to this anime because of how it compares to the manga. Do I detect an angry fanboy?

Being someone who had not read the manga before watching the anime, I have to say that even I felt that something was amiss after watching the final episodes of the season. Too many major plot points were instantaneously being concluded one after another: eggs that the nurtured so delicately, just to be stepped on in the end - things that we were all dying to discover the conclusions to:

1. What would become of Raki and his yoma 'companions.'
2. When would Raki and Clare finally be reunited.
3. When would Clare finally avenge Teresa.
4. How is Clare going to defeat the most powerful awakened being, when she struggles to defeat even the weakest of Yoma.

Just read the manga, or don't, because it's too good. I hated manga, but I got so irritated after confirming my suspicions, that I gave in. I now have a new appreciation for still images (I'm a film guy), it's just that the one chapter a month is killing me.

Also, the naruto anime is pure crap. I can't believe I wasted my time with that garbage. Sorry, I had to throw that in there. But really, I can't even watch the manga it's so bad. Does Naruto ever use skill in his fights?

QUOTE Anyways don't care to talk to you further about this since you're probably not worth the time.

*Points back*

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back