Claymore (manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (loumeister @ Sep 06 2007, 04:49 PM)Please...keep Raki human. There aren't any interesting (bad description on Raki) human characters in the Claymore world, except for villagers who are like KFC to yomas. Raki symbolizes human frailties. Let the twerp suffer like the rest of us.

I would rather find out that Raki died from the plague than have him remain as the weak generic human after 7 years of living with the 2 most powerful awakened beings in existence. Give me a break! If Raki is still the same annoying character I will burn the volumes of claymore I actually went out to spent money on and take back anything good I've ever said about the series.

That's just it...we don't know what happened to the brat in 7 years. The only consolation That I got from Madhouse which was NOT in the manga was when Helen laid down the law on this twerp and told him that's he's useless and CANNOT defend Clare. That's why he was crying like a sissy.
Unfortunately, he's the only human character in the series. Yagi-sensei should introduce more human characters in the future because Raki symbolizes the position of humans in the Claymore world, we are definitely screwed.

QUOTE (loumeister @ Sep 06 2007, 04:49 PM) Please...keep Raki human. There aren't any interesting (bad description on Raki) human characters in the Claymore world, except for villagers who are like KFC to yomas. Raki symbolizes human frailties. Let the twerp suffer like the rest of us.
Besides, that's what makes Claymore interesting. Clare sees Raki as her human side...which makes it tragic because just because both yoma and human world are connected doesn;t mean there's no boundaries.
For him being human side, this aspect has to be shattered somehow with him either dieing or loosing humanity(maybe without even knowing). It just screams "TRAGEDY!~" and Claymore certainly needs one(which would not involve a large amount of persons to get pwned...)

Sorry but with where Raki story went, I just get a feel that something will happen >.>

And timeskips are meant to change characters, I would not be surprised if Raki would have turned out into entirely different character. One of the most exciting points after timeskip is to notice how characters have changed...And Raki is one who needs to change the most, as it is always on what happens with his type of characters...

QUOTE (Anybody @ Sep 07 2007, 08:51 AM) For him being human side, this aspect has to be shattered somehow with him either dieing or loosing humanity(maybe without even knowing). It just screams "TRAGEDY!~" and Claymore certainly needs one(which would not involve a large amount of persons to get pwned...)

Sorry but with where Raki story went, I just get a feel that something will happen >.>

That's just it, Claymore IS a tragedy. It's a Shakespearean play. Who said there's going to be happy ending? When you are human, you become aware of your weaknesses and vulnerabilities...if the brat became a Claymore, those weaknesses and the human condition of survival becomes obsolete.
Which goes back to my original premise...keep the crybaby human. At least in 7 years he is SUPPOSED to be Clare's protector, let him learn that it's futile.

QUOTE (loumeister @ Sep 07 2007, 11:24 AM) That's just it, Claymore IS a tragedy. It's a Shakespearean play. Who said there's going to be happy ending? When you are human, you become aware of your weaknesses and vulnerabilities...if the brat became a Claymore, those weaknesses and the human condition of survival becomes obsolete.
Which goes back to my original premise...keep the crybaby human. At least in 7 years he is SUPPOSED to be Clare's protector, let him learn that it's futile.
Remember the trait of Males awakening faster than females? The pretty good way to end Raki would be that he has trained with easley these 7 years, but unknowlingly to him, he was "claymore-ized" or somthing...of course he can't "release" his powers as he does not know how...So we may see the meet up between :

A) 7 and Raki,Priscilla, Easley - Raki chooses Claire's side, but sees that he is not powerful enuff to make the difference, at some critical moment, he releases hi "power", fulfiling his promise to "save" claire(maybe defending Claire and latter keeping Easley occupied while the group has to deal with priscilla's case. Hmm, Aprentice confronts his Mentor, certainly interesting situation). But in turn raki Awakens and Claire has to save him, by killing him.
cool.gif
Same situation, but Raki has left Priscilla and Easley by now. The A) seems more possible for me.
C) Raki is Human, but has grown powerful and prooves that Humans can rival Claymore(not possible...I don't think it will happen.
D) Priscilla ate him for lunch...

For me either A or D would be perfect.

...or Raki is given yoma blood, turns into a yoma BUT not an AB. Clare kills yoma (Raki) without knowing the yoma is Raki but Isley tells Clare anyways.
Clare in a rage kills Isley. In the same vein as Miria not knowing she killed Hilda.

Use some imagination.
biggrin.gif

Its been 7 years. Raki believes Clare is dead (everyone knows that no one survived the massacre at Pieta). Raki has grown up and married Priscilla (Isley is a father figure). Isley has set himself up as a (supposedly) human king and Raki is an officer in Isley's human army. Priscilla is expecting! (She has some really interesting pregnancy cravings.) That's why Isley has not made any moves recently.

Will Clare have to kill Raki/Priscilla's child?
wink.gif

...or Raki is just Isley's "human" representative whenever he goes on his feeding frenzies. In the manga, it's NOT stated that Isley told the twerp that he's an Abyssal, nor did he tell about Priscilla either. We don't know.

Yagi-sensei could write that he practiced 24/7 for the next 7 years and should be Isley's human ambassador. Raki has to stay human for there are no other human characters left in the story.

QUOTE (JWpilot @ Sep 08 2007, 05:33 PM) Use some imagination.
biggrin.gif

Its been 7 years. Raki believes Clare is dead (everyone knows that no one survived the massacre at Pieta). Raki has grown up and married Priscilla (Isley is a father figure). Isley has set himself up as a (supposedly) human king and Raki is an officer in Isley's human army. Priscilla is expecting! (She has some really interesting pregnancy cravings.) That's why Isley has not made any moves recently.

Will Clare have to kill Raki/Priscilla's child?
wink.gif

lol ... that's quite funny perspective, though I doubt it will happen. and I don't think we will know that anytime soon... next chapters will be about Galatea, Clarice and Miata that is for sure .... Raki ? I think it may be some time before we get to see him (somehow I'm happy about it)

though the child is a fascinating perspective I must say. It would be the first one born half-human half-yoma .... Maybe it would end up being free from the curse of awekening? Maybe it could aweken to it's form and then just go back? (like Alicia does through Beth)?

Raki is a big mystery however. If they make it that he does not notice that Priscilla and Isley are different then him through the time of 7 years then it will be lame. I also wonder if we get to see something like the stuff from anime like Priscilla eating guts and Raki noticing it .... I wonder if that was just the imagination of Madhouse or they had some kind of "inside info".

QUOTE Raki is a big mystery however. If they make it that he does not notice that Priscilla and Isley are different then him through the time of 7 years then it will be lame. I also wonder if we get to see something like the stuff from anime like Priscilla eating guts and Raki noticing it .... I wonder if that was just the imagination of Madhouse or they had some kind of "inside info".

This is the manga thread though. Madhouse screwed up the series so much I've got 2 different versions dancing in my head. The Madhouse version will be doubtful in the manga series, and will instead skip 7 years into the future. I think Yagi sensei just allowed the anime to tell that version so he can concentrate 7 years into the future which is chapter 74 and Miata's hunt for Galatea.

Besides, seeing Raki finally get a dose of reality that he CANT help Clare and cried like a sissy was the only good thing that came out of anime.

QUOTE (loumeister @ Sep 09 2007, 07:45 PM)
This is the manga thread though.
you are saying I should put that anime info into a spoiler tag ?

Can someone tell me what the latest Chapter number for Claymore is?

I think ive fallen behind, the last part ive read it Clarice and Miata aproaching a castle looking thing and Miata saying she spells a strong Claymore.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 10 2007, 01:02 PM) Can someone tell me what the latest Chapter number for Claymore is?

I think ive fallen behind, the last part ive read it Clarice and Miata aproaching a castle looking thing and Miata saying she spells a strong Claymore.
Anime episode 24 would be scene 60, and episode 23 would be scene 59.

The Miata scene that you described is scene 73.

QUOTE (val-gaav @ Sep 10 2007, 02:45 PM) you are saying I should put that anime info into a spoiler tag ?
No, it means that this is MANGA thread and thus manga should be discussed here. The same goes for ANIME thread. We don't discuss or spoil manga there.

You needn't put it into spoiler tags since ANIME predictions are just predictions... We dunno how much anime will differ from manga so no spoiling here...

QUOTE No, it means that this is MANGA thread and thus manga should be discussed here. The same goes for ANIME thread. We don't discuss or spoil manga there.

You needn't put it into spoiler tags since ANIME predictions are just predictions... We dunno how much anime will differ from manga so no spoiling here...

woops> I forgot to answer that but thnx. g is correct, that's why there are 2 threads for both anime and manga. Manga followers "pretend" to know nothing of the future anime events when answering in the anime thread and place our manga knowledge under spoiler tags as a last resort.

At least here nothing's secret and no spoiler tags.

wow i dont know how fast mangas are usually lisenced but im surprised its been so fast
sad.gif

now i just cant wait, i got to get the manga now lol. ill buy it has soon has it lands on my provider's shelves lol

QUOTE (Klyern @ Sep 11 2007, 06:44 AM) wow i dont know how fast mangas are usually lisenced but im surprised its been so fast
sad.gif

now i just cant wait, i got to get the manga now lol. ill buy it has soon has it lands on my provider's shelves lol
You have to wait for November 2 for Jump Square to publish chapter 74, in the meantime you can head over to Chapters and they have the complete VIZ editions, volume by volume.

Yeah im reading the Chapters when released (when i find them), i am buying the VIZ ones slowly, but i get more of a thrill reading the latest chapters,

But ill proabably read the entire thing when VIZ finish publishing. Untill then ill stick with the latest chapters for enjoyment.

I understand...it's hard to IGNORE the latest chapter when it's easy to access.

um..with all the people saying that Clare is a half yoma

that's not true During the manga as you all know Clare asked to become a Claymore. She also begged the organization to fused herself with Teresha's blood and her flesh. Since Teresha is a half-yoma, half-human, Clare only has 1/4 yoma blood running through her unlike the average 1/2 and 1/2 claymore. This is also the reason she started as #47.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back