Christmas Episodes and Specials

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nahrallah

-dono
Retired
Tis the season so I was interested in creating a list of Christmas themed anime episodes and specials.

What Christmas anime episodes or specials do you think should be on the list?

If you can, include a picture and a description.

minamikeepisode12.jpg

(1.) Minami-ke - Episode 12: Of Christmas and Eves
Chiaki might often appear wiser than her years but she still has a firm belief in Sanata Claus. Everyone does their best to keep her belief alive.

karinepisode19.jpg

(2.) Karin (Chibi Vampire) - Episode 19: A Couple's Eve is Embarrassing
Christmas is coming. Maki is knitting a scarf for W-kun and Karin vows to knit one for Kenta.

yumeiropatissiereepisod.jpg

(3.) Yumeiro Patissiere - Episode 12: The Seven Year Merry Christmas
Each year, the students of St. Marie Academy have a charity Christmas cake sale. Everyone is excited about selling their cakes but Ichigo has some problems.

good idea Nah-chan ^^ here goes some on-topic episodes/specials/OVAs/movies but I'll add more later while I remember...

tumblr_lvm1s8k7ds1qc9hkpo1_500.png

(4.) Usagi Drop Special 2 - Episode 3.5: To Santa Claus
a nice 6 minutes clip with Rin and Daikichi enjoying the holiday

takatsuki_yayoi_futami_mami_santa.jpg
tumblr_lw4kgmsvzA1r6ngngo1_500.jpg

(5.) The IDOLM@STER - Episode 22: On Christmas Eve
the second isn't really a screenshot related to it but it's funny (in a cruel way) anyways xD

tiger19_25.jpg
fuvqxc.jpg

(6.) Tiger & Bunny - Episode 19: There's no way out.
there are a few other eps. with Barnaby's christmas memories (or rather traumas) but specially this one dedicates it more screentime

covernt.jpg

(7.) Sailor Moon S The Movie
that's the only Xmas movie that came to mind about an anime series, sorry
laugh.gif

Off the top of my head for now along with images I had...images are probably the more tedious part of this thread
tongue.gif

shana1.jpg

(8.) Shakugan no Shana II Episodes 22-24:
Christmas Eve, Quickening Peril, What Must be Protected

The finale of Shakugan no Shana's 2nd season and the beginning of the end of the entire series began with these 3 episodes as Yuji must now pick between Yoshida Kazumi and Shana on the night of Christmas

amagami.jpg

(9.) Amagami SS Ayatsuji Tsukasa's Arc Episodes 21-24:

The entire show is Christmas centered but nothing beats Tsukasa's arc to have the series go out with a bang. You can also include Miya's side story episode for additional fun.

@NecroRyu: loved the Sailor Moon suggestion and lol'd at the Hayate no Gotoku Insert.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Dec 15 2011, 12:31 PM) @NecroRyu: loved the Sailor Moon suggestion and lol'd at the Hayate no Gotoku Insert.
haha thanks kitsu ^^ now that you mentioned HnG I'll add it and a few more I just though about...

11.jpg

(10.) Hayate no Gotoku - Episodes 1 & 2: Sanzenin Nagi's Mansion and a New Start
with the movie "Heaven is a Place on Earth" just uploaded and to be subbed soon more reason I had to include this ones about god Santa in heaven xD

love_hina_christmas_movie_frontcover_large_nXwVaxdTb68vGRI.jpg

(11.) Love Hina - Christmas Movie
another xmas gekijouban from a very known series but starting the new millenium opposed to sailor moon's mid 90s movie

ova2.jpg

(12.) Ranma 1/2 - OVA 2: Tendo Family Christmas Scramble
OVA from the early 90's famous harem/tsundere series... not as much as Love Hina though ¬¬

Chomp2.png

(13.) Tokimeki Tonight - Episode 12: Eh?! Ranze's Wish
a good old series recently being subbed, worth to watch if you like an early 80's comedy about a family with a funny vampire dad, a hot werewolf mom and their cute... hmm wolfpire daughter ironically celebrating that holiday this time
laugh.gif

14. Tokyo Godfathers
No anime Christmas would be the same without the masterpiece that is Tokyo Godfathers. A wonderful MADHOUSE production/movie by the late, great, Satoshi Kon.
oregonian_winesmiley.gif

Description:
In Tokyo Godfathers, three homeless people - Gin, a former professional bicycle racer; Hana, a transvestite; and Miyuki, a run-away young girl - live together in Shinjuku, Tokyo. On Christmas Eve, the three discover a baby girl at a garbage dump. They head for the brighter parts of the city, where people are enjoying the holiday festivities, to look for the baby`s parents. While the three search for the parents, uncanny luck results in their meeting other people while their adventures with the baby continue. Will the baby lead these three protagonists to their destiny? This small adventure lets each of the trio confront their own lives, which they almost threw away, while maintaining their dignity and happiness under unfortunate circumstances.
(Info taken from AniDB)

I don't usually enjoy holiday anime specials and episodes, and I can't really think of anything other than Tokyo Godfathers that I though was good. There's a Japanese movie that I recommend watching this holiday season, though.

15. Survive Style 5+: Five absolutely awkward life stories converging around Christmas. It all starts with a guy who is trying to stop his dead wife he killed from haunting him every night.

There isn't much of a "plot" in any traditional sense - even less than in a typical Tarantino movie - so it's difficult to describe. Still, it's a sight to see - though it'd probably take appreciation of Japanese comedy and culture, and it's definitely not a "family movie". But it's a dark comedy full of hilarious moments that's full of the Christmas spirit. Oh, and it's got Vinnie Jones.

survivestyle5plusdvdrip.jpg

Agree with you Aus-san...Tokyo Godfathers is at the top of my list as well.
A few more...
16. AMG Season 2 eps. 2-4, "Ah! The Troubled Queen of Vengeance?", "Ah! I Offer You This Feeling on Christmas Eve!", "Ah! I Want the World to be Filled with Happiness?"

Whether it’s Keiichi pulling long hours to get Belldandy the perfect Christmas gift, Belldandy pulling long hours to make Keiichi the perfect gift, or the chaos that seems to trail in Sayoko’s wake, it’s hard to go wrong with Ah! My Goddess when you’re looking for something that’s just happy. And if you ever wanted to see Belldandy drunk, this is your chance.

17. Mahoromatic ~Something More Beautiful~ ep. 5, "Will I Catch a Cold Tomorrow"

What could be more Christmas than robotic maids, secret gifts, decorations, and a party? Mahoromatic is one of those shows that shouldn't work, but somehow has the perfect balance of action, comedy, and amusing character interactions. This episode shows off a lot of what there is to love about the show.

18. Vandread ep. 10, “White Love”

The women are excited about Christmas, while the men are just confused – art imitates life? When the guys of the Vandread find out very last-minute that gift giving is an important part of the holiday, panic and hilarity ensue. Even in space, the holidays can be a stressful time!

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Dec 17 2011, 03:38 AM) I don't usually enjoy holiday anime specials and episodes, and I can't really think of anything other than Tokyo Godfathers that I though was good.
there are many good holiday specials worth to check out (I'm not talking about fillers for the sake of celebrating it) because the plot really is of importance for the rest of the series story ^^ ...well I didn't mention that top notch xmas theme movie from Satoshi Kon because I knew most anime fans already watched it and consider it the best, that's why I'm posting other movies or episodes and a few obscure ones:

kimi-ni-todoke.jpg

(19.) Kimi ni Todoke - Episode 22: Christmas
Sawako spends the holiday with Yano, Chizu and Kazehaya instead of her family in all the previous years

applause3.jpg
applause1.jpg

(20.) Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl - Episode 117: The Best Present
a great slice of life and sports series just subbed (late 80s to early 90s) from Urusawa (Monster, Master Keaton, 20th Century Boys)... after quitting judo for many months in Christmas Eve Yawara reads the articles Matsuda wrote about her and realizes he really cares about her not only as a judoka but because she's the reason for his passion and love, afterwards deciding to make a comeback and participate in the Barcelona Olympics female judo championship to win the gold medal

morita10.jpg

(21.) Morita-san wa Mukuchi - Episode 25: Everyone's working part time on Christmas
just watched this new episode of the short TV series about the cute Mayu and friends selling cakes with xmas spirit

18939.jpg

(22.) Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Christmas Special
a short OVA showing the version of what it means for each character in a weird way
blink.gif

QUOTE there are many good holiday specials worth to check out (I'm not talking about fillers for the sake of celebrating it) because the plot really is of importance for the rest of the series story ^^

Here's my reason for saying that - Christmas specials are most common to school comedies and romance series, and I don't have much tolerance for either of the genres.

Spacer.gif
Happy Christmas Everyone!

The Fansub.TV Team hope you have a very Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!
happy.gif

Feliz Navidad everyone ^^ to celebrate the holiday and FTVs 10th anniversary, just necrobumped now that I saw new x-mas anime after 2 years without any...

December (23.) Saint☆Young Men - The Movie and OVA 2
who is more fitting than Jesus celebrating his b-day along his buddy Buddha? ;p

Edit: December (24.) Miss Monochrome - Episode #13 MONOCHROME
short series finale about an underdog idol singing at streets on Christmas Eve
wink.gif

Spacer.gif
Happy Christmas Everyone!

The Fansub.TV Team hope you have a very Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!
happy.gif

(39.) Blend·S Ep.3 After the date, rated R & 12: I love you -honorable mention!

(40.) Net-juu no Susume Ep.1: ♀ IRL, ♂ Online -the middle starting with Xmas

(41.) Himouto! Umaru-chan R Ep'4: A Party with the Gang -xmas again after S1

(42.) Sakura Quest Ep'19: the Foggy Folklore, 20: the Phoenix in the Holy Night

(43.) Seiren Ep'10-12; Kyōko Tōno 2-4: Hand-me-down, Awakening & First love

(44.) Miss Kobayashi's Maidragon Ep.10 Troupe Dragon, on Stage; 11: Year End

(45.) Love live! Sunshine!! S2 ep.9 Awaken the Power, 8: Hakodate (g. pleasure)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back