Chihayafuru 3

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 01 2013, 06:20 AM) Episode 21 was great stuff, I loved it when Chihaya unraveled the bandage from her right hand out of respect to the Queen, when she found out she was matched up against her.

Yeah I liked that scene as well....but I'm worried for Chihaya. I'm not sure if she's ready to go against the Queen yet, especially in an injured state. It will be an interesting match regardless though, because both of them have such unique personalities, and she's one person that Shinobu has acknowledged.

And JCD I will not be looking at that major spoiler
tongue.gif
I want to see how it pans out, it's more exciting for me that way.... (good thing you didn't post it here because I probably would have clicked on it anyway, my curiosity always gets the best of me with that sort of thing)

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 05 2013, 09:19 PM) Yeah I liked that scene as well....but I'm worried for Chihaya. I'm not sure if she's ready to go against the Queen yet, especially in an injured state. It will be an interesting match regardless though, because both of them have such unique personalities, and she's one person that Shinobu has acknowledged.

And JCD I will not be looking at that major spoiler
tongue.gif
I want to see how it pans out, it's more exciting for me that way.... (good thing you didn't post it here because I probably would have clicked on it anyway, my curiosity always gets the best of me with that sort of thing)
Julez, yeah I didn't want to ruin it for anyone here but in MAL....don't really care lol. I just wanted to see if anyone would respond angrily to it.

Ah when I saw your post, I thought just for a second that the new episode was out but then I realised it's still Wednesday.

geez the most awaited karuta rematch was decided quickly in ep.22 -.- I though it would happen in the final or semifinal, as usual Shinobu is merciless in her way of playing and cold (except cute rare stuff like her favorite snowman character ;p)... not worried at all about her opponents since childhood specially Chihaya no matter how injured was her right hand, still she was grateful for not going easy on her but she felt like it's the end of the world :/ i hope Taichi beats retro-kun next week
happy.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 05 2013, 04:54 PM) Ah when I saw your post, I thought just for a second that the new episode was out but then I realised it's still Wednesday.
Haha, sorry to get you all excited, but I just thought this thread needs more love!!!

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jun 07 2013, 04:31 PM)geez the most awaited karuta rematch was decided quickly in ep.22 -.- I though it would happen in the final or semifinal, as usual Shinobu is merciless in her way of playing and cold (except cute rare stuff like her favorite snowman character ;p)... not worried at all about her opponents since childhood specially Chihaya no matter how injured was her right hand, still she was grateful for not going easy on her but she felt like it's the end of the world :/ i hope Taichi beats retro-kun next week Well I don't know if Chihaya really expected to win this one with an injured hand. I think she was satisfied to have been given the chance to play the Queen again and learn more about her karuta style. I also like the moments where they connected through loving the same t-shirt characters and when Chihaya said she wanted to play karuta again, Shinobu asked when? It was a beautiful moment between these two rivals who can also become friends.
I think it's sad that Shinobu was separated from kids her age just so she could refine her karuta skills. Is karuta > social life? To that coach it is, apparently
tongue.gif

I know he wanted to nurture her talent, but the cost of that is leaving her feeling very isolated and friendless.

A lovely episode of Chihayafuru as usual... I'm going to miss this series when it ends...
sad.gif
just two more episodes!
I was really touched that she chose to watch Taichi's match instead of Shinobu vs Arata.
I worried that it would throw him off his game, but in the end her presence actually helped him.
I was so glad that she acknowledged his huge achievement as well. He's so selfless, trying to finish the game as soon as possible so she can watch the big match. I love him for that, but I wish he'd look out for his own needs more.

Watched both episodes 22 and 23 together, not only are we drawing a close to the anime but getting very close to where the manga is.

Taichi's "selflessness" is what I really like about him and one of the many reasons I'm shipping the ChihayaxTaichi rather than the Arata one.

This is a story that could go on for a long time and I hope it does because even now the series feels like it's still only in the early stages of the story and hope it is, I don't want the manga ending abruptly and having an odd conclusion.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 15 2013, 12:00 PM)I was so glad that she acknowledged his huge achievement as well. He's so selfless, trying to finish the game as soon as possible so she can watch the big match. I love him for that, but I wish he'd look out for his own needs more.
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 17 2013, 06:30 PM)Taichi's "selflessness" is what I really like about him and one of the many reasons I'm shipping the ChihayaxTaichi rather than the Arata onethat shows how passionate Chihaya is (that's what her name means after all) ^^ she joyfully cried a lot for Taichi making it to class A, but got serious as soon as she realized he'll be her rival from now on xD about ep.24 I wonder if she's jealous of ShinoxAra? ;p ... their final match was really intense as both are really calm and smooth though she reacts quicker but his acceleration, technique and focus are better o_O so if there's someone who can beat the Master after this season finale it's the 'smiling 4-eyes'
wink.gif

I just watched the last episode, which was good and I pretty much smiled throughout the entire thing. This series is just amazing even though I know what's going to happen, it was a true delight to watch. The anime is very faithful to the manga and I would like a 3rd season after the OVA release.

My score for Chihayafuru season 2 is 10/10. Taichi FTW!

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 28 2013, 06:27 PM) just watched the last episode, which was good and I pretty much smiled throughout the entire thing. This series is just amazing even though I know what's going to happen, it was a true delight to watch. The anime is very faithful to the manga and I would like a 3rd season after the OVA release.

My score for Chihayafuru season 2 is 10/10. Taichi FTW!finally! the awaited ep.26 OVA is released ^^ still raw but just a matter of time to watch it subbed, hopefully today if possible because i cant wait to see what'll happen between Taichi and chihaya in their trip... Edit: or not :/ it was a fun Sumire Special manipulating to do a play for the culture festival but it lacks Chihaya, Arata and karuta matches ¬¬ no wonder it was subbed a month later:

Chihayafuru (TV series 1st season 25 episodes) fall 2011 to winter 2012 - 8/10
CF ep.16 'The Autumn Leaves of Mt. Ogura' (mid-s1 recap) winter 2012 - 5/10
CF2 (TV series 2nd season 25 episodes) winter 2013 to spring 2013 - 9/10
CF2 ep.16 'Wait for the Emperor's return' (mid-s2 recap) spring 2013 - 6/10
CF2 ep.26 'Waga Mi Yo ni Furu Nagame Seshi Ma ni' (OVA) summer 2013 - 7/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back