Carnival Phantasm

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Well, a lot of the humor is based on "insider jokes" and running gags which are in turn based on the finer points and episodes from the games (VNs and melty blood but especially Kagetsu Tohya since it's the first parody effort by T-M), so people just familiar with the anime will probably miss out on more than half the gags. Hell, I played all the games available in English, and I still miss outon some stuff. So yeah.

I wasn't aware that Kohaku in china-dress is a special character. And who the heck are Ruby and Caren? I'm guessing someone from F/SN continuity, otherwise I would've heard of them (not much of a FSN fan here).

Yes Kaledo Ruby (AkA Rin) and Caren are from the Fate/hollow ataraxia VN, which is still in translation by the way.
rolleyes.gif

In any case for Kohaku yes she's registered in the relationship chart for the Nasuverse characters as herself, Mr. Chin (her in a China Dress), and Magical Amber. Pretty much if you've seen Kohaku's Arc Drive Attack you'd understand a bit. Although it is actually offical of her having that name for soem odd reason, but then again it's Kohaku-sama so why should it make snese.
tongue.gif

In any case at least the Curry joke remains for Curry-sempai.
tongue.gif

Also, truth be told I kind of wonder if she would even mention that "other job" she took on a few years before sher ended up in Tsukihime though.
tongue.gif

Also, I'd laugh if they actually do the gag of them still thinking of doing the sequell for Tsukihime by adding in Arc's so-called sister and all.
biggrin.gif

Heh, I'm not actually good enough to perform arc drives, the timing for the block is too twitchy for my non-Asian reflexes
laugh.gif

I do hope they finally explain the secret behind Ciel-sempai's mysterious red umbrella... And talking about spicy foods, Kotomine is one of my favourite characters now, after that one scene in HF. Shiro's a wimp if he can't handle some Mapo Doufu
tongue.gif

Ah for the Arc Drives it's really QCF+Heavy (Quarter Circle Foward and Heavy hit) while in either Heat or Blood Heat Mode. The mode kind of shows a bit of a variation, and Blood Heat does more dammage and sometimes does more hits depending on who you used.

Also I guess the running gag here is that anyone working for the Church in any way must love spicy foods it would seem.

Wait you didn't know, that was the umbrella she gave to Tohno-kun when he started to enter into her route if I remeber correctly.

Although I will say this, no matter what anyone else says but when you put Caster and Len right next to each other you could easilly mistake them for a mother-daughter pair.
tongue.gif

Oh yeah now that I think about it Ryougi Shiki was in a Melty Blood game at one point and kind of showed up in the Fate/Extra RPG as well. I wonder if she's going to show up again or not. Although it wouldn't supprise me either way though.
rolleyes.gif

AFAIK, Ryougi isn't in Take-Moon, so if this series is based strictly on that, she'll probably not show.

This looks awesome, except by the fact Shinji is still alive and will be in this anime.

Just hate that douche.

Well he did live in the UBW Route. The only route that showed him any mercy at all. In any case oddly enough the manga kept him alive but he wasn't douchey after that point.

Oh yeah if they are going up to Fate/hollow ataraxia then there are two characters from the Fate/stay night VN are nothing more than gag characters. Not Tiger and Bloomer don't count since they were gag characters to begin with. Actually it's Dark Saber and Dark Sakura. For Saber it's more along the line of a her being kind of Goth Lolish and having a higher demand for Shirou's home cooking. The only way she comes out is if someone pulled on Saber's Ahoge. As for Dark Sakura... well if Shirou tends to be too obvlivious towards her she get's mad and goes dark. Another way is if someone angered her, or if someone tells her to be a bit more agressive towards Shirou.
tongue.gif

I know they will add those two gag characters and of course it's obvious that Tiger and Bloomer are going to be more noticable than thier normal counterparts, especially for Tiger.
tongue.gif

What do you mean by that my dear Aya-tan? Could it be that we actually know why Rin would prefer Saber over GARcher anyday, or how she is prety much doing DV to future Shiro?
laugh.gif

In any case if you're getting Lancer, you're getting him in his civi clothes unless he is up for a fight of some sort.
tongue.gif

Besides for those who know what, or have played, Hollow Ataraxia they would know how cool Lancer can be at times.
wink.gif

Well it seems the first epsidoe just came out and yes it's baised off of the Take Moon manga. In any case I got to hand it to them to add in the Tiger Dojo for a preview here. It only means that Tiga and Brumera combi are a thing to be laughed at. Also, for them to start off with the Fate crew beofre this mess starts only means they wanted to work thier way back into the Tsukihime crew I'll bet. In ay case yeays Sacchin is around still.
tongue.gif

Also, for the other two Neco Arcs that showed up to begin with I'll state this now and say they are kind of like an Alternate version of Neco Arc and nothing more with that.
tongue.gif

As promised by the subbers, the ep.2 was epic indeed. Hilarious stuff. Just goes to show that Tsukihime >>>>> FSN once again.

Any idea who the third girl in the Alleyway Alliance is? Some new addition to the Melty Blood character list?

You mean the Back Alley Alliance there my dear Aus-san, it's a simple rookie mistake though.
tongue.gif

Anyways here's the list of who is involved int the BAA Crew of Tsukihime:
Sacchin
Sion
Len/W. Len
Reez Baife (Appeared in Tatari Sion's Arc drive attack, but full appearance in Actress Again, and yes a freind of Sion's)

In any case I'm going to go and watch the second epsidoe now sinc eI was kind of MIA for a while there.
tongue.gif

*edit*

Ah so they did the beach volley ball incident that the Tsukihime girls were known for. Although oddly enough I kind of found it rather funny to see that Shirou was near by trying to fix the rockett that fell within the vicinity of those girls. Although Len building a sand castle was to be expected and of course Sacchin going Stalker Mode over Toho-kun as always.
tongue.gif

Still never the less seeing that they decided to do a 3-way gag for the Back Ally Aliance near the end was well worth it. Also, the Tiger Dojo still lives up to its comedy act mind you.
biggrin.gif

The subbers translated it as "Alleyway" so I'm just using that. If you think/know that's wrong, might wanna post em a comment about it.

Thanks for the explanation tho. No wonder I didn't know her, they never made a PC version of AA. Though frankly I don't care too much for the game series anyway.

So whos is missing, shiki and emia schooldfriends, matou and assasins, tatari, roa, the other shiki, nero, red eyed beast(forgot his name),mecha hisui?, white len?,avenger and her master, karen. anyone else missing?

Oh they're there, but they haven't made an appearance as of yet. Although I'd like W. Len to show up since she was always the lovely tsundere in white that was also a catgirl. If you're talking about Zouken and his Assassin they may show up depedning on things go, and Bazett is there but I'm sure she'll be much later though and who knows Avenger might even show up just for the hell of it.

In any case Aus-san I kin dof made that comment before watching the epsidoe, but I go by what they are known in the Melty Blood Team vs. Titles they were given since that seems more accurate to me. Well that and the group translating Len's name to Ren. This is one of the key arguements that Type-Moon Slaves normally can't fully agree on at all anymore.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 27 2011, 02:36 PM) The first two episodes for this have been awesome, lots of Neko-arc, great laughs, all that's missing is more Len/Ren.
I'll agree with you on the Len bit, but this needs more Sacchin if you ask me.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 27 2011, 01:14 PM) I'll agree with you on the Len bit, but this needs more Sacchin if you ask me.
laugh.gif

I'd say we need loads of Satsuki, Len, White Len and Riesbyfe. And no Ciel, Arcueid, Akiha, Tohno... Actually, nothing else is needed
smile.gif
Maybe... Kishima Kouma... Actually, just give us a full season for each of those four. They deserve it. Satsuki is an epic character even without this stalker gag. That part at the end of the episode clearly showed her as the only reasonable one in there. Ries has that smell of a main character. White Len and Len are just overly cute. Len has her own Kagetsu Tohya, but White Len has none... and she's somewhat like Len's sub-plot character... I'm guessing if they ever make an anime about those two, in the end they'll unite as one or something. Also, I understand Melty Blood, but the fact that PHANTASMOON appeared pretty much shocked me. Battle Moon Wars is an unofficial fan-made game if I'm correct. The fact that Phantasmoon appeared, maybe Haruna's group will also get their appearance.

P.S. Was I the only one who felt it strange about Sion and Satsuki being in the sunlight?

QUOTE (Akikojam @ Aug 27 2011, 04:13 PM) ...White Len and Len are just overly cute. Len has her own Kagetsu Tohya, but White Len has none... and she's somewhat like Len's sub-plot character... I'm guessing if they ever make an anime about those two, in the end they'll unite as one or something. Also, I understand Melty Blood, but the fact that PHANTASMOON appeared pretty much shocked me. Battle Moon Wars is an unofficial fan-made game if I'm correct. The fact that Phantasmoon appeared, maybe Haruna's group will also get their appearance.
So you want to see the birth of Grey Len don't ya'?
laugh.gif

Ah some people say that they are really two halves of a whole dream familiar. Although one's the talkative one while the other was the quiet one. Besides there were a few doujins that those two actually were acting like siblings and pestered Tohno-kun to a degree you know.
tongue.gif

For Phantasmoon she was actually in the Take Moon manga so it's pretty much what happened if you go by the Good End of Tsukihime and Arc was still hanging around Tohno-kun. Also, yes Battle Moon Wars did take that part into account in which they showed how good of a magical girl she can be. So the cut scene before that map was more or less accurate in a way.

QUOTE (Akikojam @ Aug 27 2011, 04:13 PM)QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 27 2011, 01:14 PM) I'll agree with you on the Len bit, but this needs more Sacchin if you ask me. 
I'd say we need loads of Satsuki, Len, White Len and Riesbyfe. And no Ciel, Arcueid, Akiha, Tohno...

Alright no that right there is rather a dangerous thing you've said there especially for the Imotou fans since they are known to be highly defensive on thier Akiha-sama.
wink.gif

Besides you also forgot to mention Miyako in that list since she seemed so cute and was more along the line of a playful Imotou while Akiha-sama is the possessive little imotou.
tongue.gif

Also, Sion is half vampire and since she can controll her urges so her being in the sunlight is no problem. As for Sacchin she was around in the evening so it's ok for her.

Considering the series is pretty much entirely for "teh lulz", I'd say any sort of technical accuracy on consistency is the last thing to be worried about.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back