Carnival Phantasm

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Marine-RX179

-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)
Retired
carnivalphantasm.jpg

Title: Carnival Phantasm
Release date: 14/08/2011
Format: OAV Blu-ray
Official site: http://www.typemoon.com/products/CPweb/index.html

This is going to be an anime in celebration of Type-Moon's 10th anniversary. While there's not much info on regarding the background for the anime, judging from the two released PV it's gonna be a chaotic comedy
laugh.gif

Anyway, for those interested, here are the two PVs:
PV1
PV2

This should hopefully provide us with lots of laughs, and will serve as a great appetizer for us until Fate/Zero star airing in October.

(P.S. If other mods would like to add extra info regarding this anime, do feel free to edit my post)

............... What has been seen cannot be unseen here.
blink.gif

In any case this could be more along the line of it beeing the EPIC Crossover between Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood and Fate/hollow ataraxia setting. I only mention Fate/hollow ataraxia since pretty much to how the Fate crew was acting in the promo minus seeing Caren-sama, Avenger, and Bazzette here.

In any case I'm glad they are using the Melty Blood sprites as a reference to animate the Tsukihime crew here. not only that but seeign Len-tan only means we have a chance to see White Len-tan.
tongue.gif

Besides even the gag characters have a moment in the spotlight here. So isn't it great Sacchin you are going to show off as being a member of the Back Alley Alliance.
biggrin.gif

Ah if some of the Type-Moon Slaves were still around they would of loved to see this I'll bet.
tongue.gif

Aside from that is this being done by ufotable, or by the Type-Moon Crew themselves here? Besides it doesn't look like Studio DEEN is touching this mind you.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 27 2011, 05:12 PM) Aside from that is this being done by ufotable, or by the Type-Moon Crew themselves here? Besides it doesn't look like Studio DEEN is touching this mind you.
This is done by a relatively new company called "Lerche".

The only other work I've seen done by them so far is the PV for the anime "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!" that's gonna be air this October, and that PV quality is also quite reasonable. But a PV is just a PV...can they maintain reasonable quality throughout, that is remained to be seen.

Yeah it is, was on preview lists for along while.

Not sure if I'm excited at all, I'm not a fan of crossovers between FSN and Tsukihime, and there's a limit to how many times you can recycle long running jokes. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Limit...no...anything with more Arcueid is just awesome...let's forget about the Tsukihime anime for the time-being though.
wink.gif

Wow....this may be old news but this is the first time I've heard about this and so thank you Marine for bringing up this subject.
biggrin.gif
Its news that I probably didn't come across during the year I was absent from anime.

We pretty much need to wait just over a month and a half and hopefully someone would sub this when its released.

I'm guessing this will be a OVA series....how many episodes do you think it will be?
rolleyes.gif

Wolfy, I'm still a Type-Moon slave.....I think me and D were one of the firsts in this forum I think.
wink.gif
Its been such a long time since I played Tsukihime and attained all endings....I feel like the capturing-god from TWGOK.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 27 2011, 06:52 PM) This is really old news if I recall correctly.
May be, may be not. But the official site was only upped two weeks days ago
laugh.gif
I believe the original is in the form of short manga if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway I ain't complaining. Would love to see Archer and Rin again. Also, Junichi Suwabe- Archer's seiyuu is a really funny guy...there's someone uploading songs samples of various seiyuu singing various anime songs, and he for some reason have the odd preference of favouring singing magical girls anime theme songs...again and again rofl. Can you imagine what is it like to have magical girls theme songs mixed with the GARness of his voice? lol

QUOTE May be, may be not. But the official site was only upped two weeks days ago 
laugh.gif

New news to me as well...
wink.gif

QUOTE Would love to see Archer and Rin again 
Ah...yes, the fine specimen that is Archer...
wink.gif
If us fangirls are treated to him hitting the beach in a fine pair of either board shorts or speedos, I am most definitely gonna watch it.
tongue.gif

Yes there was kind of a manga about this crossover I think it was serialized as Take Moon if I remeber correctly. I know a few parts of that manga are translated. It's pretty much not only does it crossover Fate and the Tsukihime Crew but I think it added Cannan herself as well into the mix, since they did back that seires mind you.

Not only that but we finally get to see Arc go Phantasmoon for once. Pretty much it's really her version of wanting to be a Maho Shoujo, even though she's a True Ancestor Vampire thoguh.
tongue.gif

QUOTE Yes there was kind of a manga about this crossover I think it was serialized as Take Moon if I remeber correctly.

Is that what it is? I think I actually had a copy somewhere at home (though sadly not in my current apartment). Basically a relentless fan-service fest (in the general sense of the phrase "fan service").

Hmm seems like I have to know the Type Moon franchises. But I will still try it out. And if I dont get what happens or I neeed more insight I will watch the other Type Moon based animes.

QUOTE Hmm seems like I have to know the Type Moon franchises.

High level of familiarity with the characters required. Most jokes revolve around their personalities and so on.

QUOTE And if I dont get what happens or I neeed more insight I will watch the other Type Moon based animes.

Save your soul and don't do that. Especially not the anime that doesn't exist.

I know someone is saying I shouldnt watch that. But most people said Fate Stay Night was crap too and I really liked it.
And the VNs are not an option, so the animes are the only possibility.

QUOTE I know someone is saying I shouldnt watch that. But most people said Fate Stay Night was crap too and I really liked it.

FSN was okay but they screwed up the ending. Most of the VN is much, much better.

The "anime that doesn't exist" is just boring and screwed up pretty much everything. FSN is a masterpiece in comparison.

QUOTE And the VNs are not an option, so the animes are the only possibility.

Why not? Both are fully translated.

Indeed both are translated you just need the game disks to apply the patch for the Tsukihime VN and the Fate/stay night VN. Both installation patches can be found at this site here:

http://mirrormoon.org/

Pretty much it's making the excuse of having both sides of the Nasuverse meet each other without major "problems" here and there. Although I think they have it were Tohno Shiki must never meet Ryougi Shiki... ever, unelss you want to see a world ending moment, or otherwise.
tongue.gif

I think I also have a 1-volume crossover manga somewhere where Ryougi does show up. Kind of like Take-moon, but can't remember what it's called. Haven't gotten to reading it yet, unlike Take-moon.

Aus-san if you can find that at all send that manga my way since I'd like to read it since I do enjoy the crossovers that involve the Type-Moon Crew here and there.
tongue.gif

Well, I have it in print, and it's at home together with the rest of my manga, which is halfway across the globe. I'll let you know if I can remember the name, but I doubt you can find it in English (I have the Chinese translation).

First volume of Take-moon is scanlated and available on just about any online manga reader.

I tried both the Tsukihime and Fate VN but stopped each after about 30 minutes because I got bored to death. I dont want such strange mixes. I either want a book or a game and nothing in-between.
Sure thinking it as solely a book would work, but I like to have my books in my hands to read and not in the pc. And I guess printing the dialogue would kill my budget.
Thats why VNs are sadly not an option for me.

Now that I think about it I don't think you'd be interested in the whole "When you're killed you die" gag along with the whole "Even though I killed you you're not dead" gag along with the parodies of cetain girls.

Parodies to note are Neco-Arc, Neco-Arc Chaos (Chaos in Neco-Arc from), Mr. Chin (Kohaku in a China Dress), Magical Amber (Kohaku in her robed form), the Brain Washing Detective Hisui, Phantasmoon (Arc acting as a magical girl), Kaleido Ruby, and oddly enough since I acutally looked hard in the 1st PV magical girl Caren-sama.

So in the end it pretty much takes two of the 3 or so parts of the Nasuverse and thows them together it would seem. So it's pretty much everyone that existed in Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood side and maybe everyone from the Fate/stay night up to Fate/hollow ataraxia side of things. Oh yeah and include the Fate/Tiger Collesum game as well since it looks like certain things are comming from that as well.

For those who have only seen the Fate anime they might not get many of the jokes here along with watching the anime that didn't exist as well.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back