Capcom Vs SNK

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven
Retired
Does anyone play any Capcom or SNK games or Capcom vs SNK at all?

I play all of them but I was just wondering about other people.... Capcom vs SNK 2 is my favorite due to the vast majority of characters that the game has to offer.

Yeah, I forgot about those two...

Marvel vs Capcom is one of my top favs aswell

never played Nacom vs Capcom though, is it a good game?

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Dec 24 2006, 11:58 AM) never played Nacom vs Capcom though, is it a good game?
I love it since it contains characters from the Tales series, KOS-MOS!!!, Valkyrie from Valkyrie Profile, Rockman characters, etc... A lot of my favorite game characters are in that game.

I've played CvS 1 & 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 and 2, Street Fighters 3rd strike, and other fighting games that may be related to game tournament related for evo2k.

I am average at best compare to the other players I've seen.

kit there is no MvC3 and there is in fact rumors of it but none atm.

haha I would like to see you play other players in MvC cause there are a lot of better people out there; one reason I never toot my own horn if you get me.

hmm in CvS 2 I use: Akuma, Ken, Rock - not the best way at all.
MvC2: any combination of 3 of Storm, Sentinel, Magneto, Psylocke, Cap. Commando, and other common top tier players
SF3: best 3 are Makoto, Yun, Dudley.

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Dec 24 2006, 07:14 PM) kit there is no MvC3 and there is in fact rumors of it but none atm.
I thought there was a 3rd one ?
huh.gif
must have been my imagination. I haven't played any of these in sooooooooooo long. I wish I had the actual game for the PS2 or w/e console any of them are on.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Dec 24 2006, 11:23 PM) I thought there was a 3rd one ?
huh.gif
must have been my imagination. I haven't played any of these in sooooooooooo long. I wish I had the actual game for the PS2 or w/e console any of them are on.
no 3rd one, I currently have MvC2 for ps2 which I had heard I can re-sell if I want for at least $150 since it is like the 2nd rarest games according to my friend.

you can get a real cheap for dreamcast MvC2 for a good price.

Marvel vs Capcom was good at first but now it's just ridiculous. It's more about calling in your partners than fighting with the actual on-screen characters you conrtol.

I enjoyed Capcom VS SNK 2 the most, since its collection of characters consisted of some of my favourites. If I could make an adjusment on it, I'd speed up the fighting system. Still good though!
biggrin.gif

I still play them, even though it's hard to find arcades anymore. I play a lot of the characters with Mugen. I'm the type of gamer that randomly smashes buttons or picks one good move and sticks to it. I'm also a special spamming lunatic.

My favorite characters from those games would have to be: Necro, Q, Twelve, Evil Ryu, Iori Yagami, Evil Soul, Vanessa, Shin Akuma, Gill, Shermie, Krizalid, K, Mukai, Leona, Dark Chun Li, Angel, and Dudley. Not in order though.

Good list of fav. characters.... My favorite is basicly just Iori Yagami. I am a simple dude, but I am a perfectionist... I always try to learn every move of Iori and never use the same move constantly...

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Jun 12 2007, 03:55 PM) Good list of fav. characters.... My favorite is basicly just Iori Yagami. I am a simple dude, but I am a perfectionist... I always try to learn every move of Iori and never use the same move constantly...
Iori is a good character to play with. Only problem with me, I can barely stay out of K groove - not really the best groove with Iori. Also with Iori it is a bit hard to not use the same move constantly aka rekka kens, though I would love to learn how to setup his scum gale better.

For me on CvS2, I am trying to learn how to play with N and A groove - A groove is really hard to play with and master.

My favorite characters to play are currently Rock, Hibiki, and Iori.

Hibiki is my favorite female character.... and King is my second favorite female character on CvS2....

Thats normally my team right there...

Iori
Hibiki
King

I am pretty good with them aswell... I normally use N groove or K groove.... I will admit Iori and K groove don't mix all that well but if you get used to it then you will be able to do it.

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Jun 13 2007, 11:46 AM) Hibiki is my favorite female character.... and King is my second favorite female character on CvS2....

Thats normally my team right there...

Iori
Hibiki
King

I am pretty good with them aswell... I normally use N groove or K groove.... I will admit Iori and K groove don't mix all that well but if you get used to it then you will be able to do it.
My team for

K groove: Iori, Hibiki, Rock
N groove: Iori, Hibiki, Rock
A groove: Iori/Sakura, Rock, Hibiki

Other characters mixed in: Sagat, Nakoruru, Akuma, Morrigan

I mean I am so used to K groove but Iori and K doesn't mix well cause Iori to me must need run and roll. So I feel very very awkward with him in K/A grooves but I am better in K groove than A with Iori.

King is a good character but I can't play her.

Usually now I am trying to learn how to play A groove but it is hard to know when to trigger and follow up on your combos - especially with Iori/Rock cause if my opponent blocks I am confused as to what to do unlike sakura who can chip life or Hibiki who can do crazy resets. Also trying to perfect combo'ing supers especially with hibiki like 2x crouch light kicks/shorts cancel into Going My Way. I can do 3x crouch light kicks but would be better if I can do 2x as well.

haha wonder if anyone tried spelling iori's last name backwards: yagami. thought it was funny when someone in another forum mentioned it spelled: Imagay ^^.

*sigh* though I wish I had some people to compete against down here that isn't so good they are casuals at tournies >-<.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back