Candy Boy

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Mowerman

-dono
Sempai
I did a search and didn't see anything about Candy Boy, the first web streamed anime series. Wow, talk about risque. A love triangle between twin sisters and their junior in school. They hit on just about every taboo available here. Incest, lesbianism, loli-character, you name it, it's probably here. The facial expressions of Kanade in the first two episodes are priceless. Her sister's, Yukino, nonchalant/carefree attitude and Yukino's constant teasing are hilarious. The loli character's, Sakuya, infatuation with Kanade is bizarre but also hilarious. It will be interesting, to say the least, to see where this goes.

I watched the first episode.

It had nice color and detailed backgrounds. To my surprise they're actually blood sisters, pure yuri incest. Amazing how they wrapped up all that emotion in 10 minutes, especially the misunderstanding at the end.

Technically the whole thing is 8 episodes since they released an episode 00 or something a while ago before the recent run that will be 7 episodes.

I really like this show. I generally don't think too much about the incest involved and more just focus on the yuri goodness cause yuri=awesomeness. It's got some pretty funny characters. I love who Yuki is always giving away info and pictures of Kana to Sakuya for things like snacks.
laugh.gif
And how the younger Kana is the much more mature of the two. Even Sakuya's crazy stalkerish attitude towards Kana can be funny when we see all the huge pictures she has of Kana in her room.

Favorite scene so far as far as humor goes is when Yuki was writing about kissing Kana in her blog as punishment for not waking up on time and Kana kinda threatens her about it. So Yuki tries to casually play it off like she didn't type anything about her as we see her slowly delete what she just typed.
laugh.gif

I don't know if there is really any yuri incest involved here. Yuki just likes to tease her sister but always gets blown off - which may just be the fun point to her. The emotional side of their relationship is far more interesting. I also think Kanade is way cool with her ironic attitude.

QUOTE (motormind @ Jun 28 2008, 05:20 AM)I don't know if there is really any yuri incest involved here.

Are you sure about that? We really don't need a sex scene or even a kiss to know that they are incestuous lesbians who are twin sisters.

Episode 2 was pretty funny. I can't believe how they didn't notice Sakuya who is not even 10 feet away taking pictures of them. The fact that she has a picture of Kana drooling means she is hardcore for her.
laugh.gif
I also cracked up at the blog scene too. Kana feels really strong about Yuki so I hope the reason is really sentimental and not something cheesy.

Since we've been in a perpetual yurl-less period as of late, it is very refreshing to finally get some really yuri, even if it's mostly just beating around the bush, like we rarely see them kiss, and they're most often shown holding hands. And considering the long wait between episodes, and their short length, it's definitely not enough; we need more yuri!
biggrin.gif

So... what's EX1?

Extra?

EDIT: So after watching, I see it's more of that slice-of-life possible siscest that us Candy Boy fans love. It seems to be separate though from the current ONA, which baffles me somewhat.

Anyway, the episode deals with... the two moving into their new high school dorm, eating ice cream, and... arguing over who gets to sleep in the futon ^^

i'm truly loving this one (big yuri/shoujo-ai fan) but dang it, this long waiting inbetween episodes is killing me! and to be honest i wish the episodes were full lenght instead of the 10 minutes we get... good things fade away so fast
sad.gif

btw, is this one of those "we release an episode every three to four months" animes or what?

I remember watching the original ONA last year. I'm downloading the EX 01 episode at the moment from one of the fansub groups doing this series.
biggrin.gif

Episode 03 is coming out 26th of September....2 more weeks then.
rolleyes.gif

Nice little series and I'm currently wondering on how the creators intend to end this series with "Episode 7".
rolleyes.gif
I'm guessing it will be an open-ended conclusion with Sakuya finding out about this "sisterly love", oh yeah, BTW Yuki-chan is sooooo KAWAII!! XDDDDD
laugh.gif

episode 3 got me feeling down
sad.gif
was the best episode yet, but i feel sorry for their little sister, she is lonely... hopefully they are able to cheer her up in episode 4, which i'm hoping will air before 09

Wow, this episode actually had quite a bit more going on than the affair between Yuki and Kanade.

I feel a bit sorry for their little sister, but also for Kanade, since her imouto doesn't seem to like her so much. Could it be that the series actually manages to tell a touching story? Only time will tell, but it sure looks promising.

QUOTE (motormind @ Oct 03 2008, 09:28 AM) I feel a bit sorry for their little sister, but also for Kanade, since her imouto doesn't seem to like her so much.  Could it be that the series actually manages to tell a touching story? Only time will tell, but it sure looks promising.
hmm... i think its more jealiousy rather than dislike, like Kana said at the start she treats everyone but Yuki that way; i'm guessing since their so close (closer than she even realizes) she is simply venting her anger towards Kana, who is able to be with Yuki all the time

now, i didn't notice this the first time because i was half asleep watching the third episode, but its hilarious that Yuki snapped when Saku was going through Kana's things... i totally didn't expect that from her; but i guess she is, in truth, always fuming on the inside when those two are hugging or w/e the case my be... which may explain why she is always eating during those moments

episode 4 brought tears to my eyes (didn't cry though) but that was deep; i felt so bad for Shizuku the entire time... anyway she knows how to talk to people
laugh.gif
the way she manipulated Saku with the photo was great... not to mention when Yuki hit her hand on the table

loved the ending scene with the potrait, but how much time passed after this episode? a few months i presume?

before i forget, Shi-chan wins cutest imouto of 08 award, and probably 09 as well
tongue.gif

I'm not one for usually following shows of insane drama intentions... but I find myself indulging here each time it drops. Go figure... I might just be hooked by this show.
happy.gif
;

I guess the question is... just where these relationships lie... because it seems like certain ones are a lot closer than others. Between sisters, it should be as strong as any connection in the world... yet theirs seems to be... I dunno how to say... "more than that"?

A lot of things and no lead male characters... oh boy... I think I know why I'm attached to this series. Anywho... I digress.

A series to cry alongside isn't all that bad once in a while... We haven't had too many of those this season... or this year for the matter. Partly because it's not the biggest pull of the anime fans. Action, Adventure, Ecchi, Horror, Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life, and then Drama, just in front of Mecha, Sci-Fi, and the low-end genres such as martial arts, sports, and parodies. I sure hope that this can replace Bartender for me... I haven't had a series that I've felt like I've matured as an anime watcher since then.

What is the Japanese obsession with Incest?
It's just so very very wrong.

QUOTE (amkonusa @ Nov 18 2008, 01:02 PM) What is the Japanese obsession with Incest?
hmmm i dont think one or two anime out of thousands makes it an obsession; the same for manga, doujins or w/e... but i agree, its... not very moral

QUOTE (amkonusa @ Nov 18 2008, 07:02 PM) What is the Japanese obsession with Incest?
Incest is not popular only in Japan but in the entire world, and all date backs in ancient times......watch Gladiator, Greek Mythology and Sigmund Freud (I think thats the spelling). Incest is involved in a lot of anime, manga, games (sim-date/gal-games, VNs), doujin and hentai.....AniWiz, there's a lot and is one of the more popular fetishes in Japan and I've seen, read and played a lot of them.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Nov 18 2008, 03:24 PM)
Incest is not popular only in Japan but in the entire world, and all date backs in ancient times......watch Gladiator, Greek Mythology and Sigmund Freud (I think thats the spelling). Incest is involved in a lot of anime, manga, games (sim-date/gal-games, VNs), doujin and hentai.....AniWiz, there's a lot and is one of the more popular fetishes in Japan and  I've seen, read and played a lot of them.

Fetishes for incest will naturally raise some questions. "Incest in all good fun" sounds like a bad joke.

It's no different than any other fetish.

Besides, incest is typically handled with great care in anime... just see Koi Kaze. Anyway, there's no real way to tell that the love these sisters are talking about is any more than a strong yearning for each other.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back