Calling All Musicians

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (omoide_grey @ Jul 24 2007, 10:52 PM) i've always been a band geek...
happy.gif

I've always sang since i was little, but i didn't do any actual vocal performing until i was in high school. I've played clarinet for about 9 years and guitar for about 6. I just recently learned piano, been playing that for 2. Ichigo's music site is my favorite.
My favorite piece to play is "Merry-Go-Round of Life" from Howl's Moving Castle. It was such a hard piece (for a beginner like me) but i worked at it and i think i'm mediocre at it now. Aside from that i love playing the "Zanarkand Theme" to Final Fantasy X--not exactly anime..but it'll do.

This is right up my ally since i am a music major.
biggrin.gif

Do i qualify for the orchestra?
tongue.gif

lets make our own one! hehe

we can harmonize with the singing and all we need now is a drummer, violinist, celloist bassist and i think we can manage

I spose an extra guitarist is always handy!

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Jul 25 2007, 08:14 AM) I can play the trumpet...

For those of you that were at JCD's party on TS, you know what I mean...
tongue.gif

trumpeteer is always handy for those ska-punk songs hehe

Welcome to the Muso list outl-w_monsum and omoide_grey!
biggrin.gif

outl-w_monsum: Do you play electric or acoustic guitar? I hope to hear you perform on Team Speak some time.

omoide_grey: Sounds like you're a muso through and through!
wink.gif
Like you, I really enjoy playing anime music! Do you play electric or acoustic guitar? Of course you qualify for the Anime Orchestra ... just decide on your instrument, grab a stand and chair and don't forget your pencil!
laugh.gif

Nightdragon: I'm sorry that I missed your performance!
laugh.gif
Not sure that that qualifies as playing the trumpet though!
tongue.gif

I play electric, but I am in the process of getting an acoustic lol - for now I just play acoustic songs on my electric >.<

i have played drums before too lol, i was asked to play for a competition last minute! hehe, it was really fun, but i thought the song had finished so i stopped drumming before the last verse >.<

luckily my friend who was playing piano told me to keep going, so i just started up again lol. It was embarressing, but the next year, I was asked to do percussion and i just did clapping hehe, and i danced around a bit on the stage! hehe everyone loved it and i got the whole crowd to join in with the clapping =)

i played violin a LONG time ago lol, for about a year hehe and i also played recorder before that when i was very small XD

outl-w: I've updated your details!
biggrin.gif

New Tally: 29 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

uhhh...i play guitar. just workin on the sweepin rite now, but pretty much figured out harmonics, tapping, alternative pick, and slick move u mite think of. just gotta work on the hands tho. Anime music I play?...just BECK. I prefer the crazy ass heavy metal, old school, and/or screamo crap. They got sum nice solos.

Rite now...just stopped for while. Studyin in music theory now so i can start learnin how to compose my own music on freakin notes (since i only knoe how to read tabs). and yeh...pretty much it.

Those who knoe of Epistrophe...I jam w/ them.

purepitaph: I've added you to the list! Great to discover yet another FTV Muso!
biggrin.gif

New Tally: 30 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

found a great site for sheet music - not much in the Anime sheet music section but there is quite a good selection of music in the 'Other' section. just go to the tab that says 'Sheet Music' and navigate from there
happy.gif
Pianocian's Sheet Music

I know the ways of the piano/keyboards. And I don't know if this counts as an instrument, but I've also composed some stuff via music synthesis software . And a long, long time ago, I could play French Horn, and a little trumpet. oh yeah, I'm also a whiz with the kazoo
tongue.gif

...I'm not that big of a musician or anything...

...but its' good to see that so many people are!

I am registered as a guitar player, id like to change that, Ive been playing drums for the past 3 weeks, actually got in a band 3 days after I started playing, I am getting very good as I practise 3-5 hours a day 6 days a week, BANZAI DRUMS the instruments of god

QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Nov 20 2007, 04:12 PM) I am registered as a guitar player, id like to change that, Ive been playing drums for the past 3 weeks, actually got in a band 3 days after I started playing, I am getting very good as I practise 3-5 hours a day 6 days a week, BANZAI DRUMS the instruments of god
NOOOO!!!
GUITAR RULES!!!!
Drums are indeed awesome though....

QUOTE (outl-w_monsum @ Nov 20 2007, 04:17 PM) NOOOO!!!
GUITAR RULES!!!!
Drums are indeed awesome though....
I wish I could shred a wicked guitar solo...
sad.gif

...and beat the living daylights out of a double-bass drum set...
sad.gif

sad.gif

I want to learn all kinds of instruments
tongue.gif

EggBeast: Welcome to the FTV Muso list! I hope to hear you perform on TeamSpeak at some stage!
happy.gif

tonifreyr: I added drums as requested.

New Tally: 31 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

Our FTV Musos list:

Kei-chan: Violin

Samthebear: Piano

Hamasusuke: Primary Instruments – Piano, Keyboard, Drums
Secondary – Violin
Additional Musical Skills: Conductor & DJ

JCDRANZER: Primary Instruments – Keyboard, Piano, Acoustic guitar, Drums
Secondary - Electric Guitar

Xcouger: Piano, Guitar, Drums

Nahrallah: Primary Instruments - Piano, Violin, Voice
Secondary – Viola, Cello, Tin Whistle, Recorder, Harmonica
Additional Musical Skills: Conductor

Hideto: Electric Guitar

Kazin: Primary Instrument - Electric and Acoustic Guitar
Secondary - Trumpet, Tuba

Shun: Recorder, Bass Guitar

DragonSlaughter: Primary Instruments - Piano, Flute
Secondary - Electric Guitar

Tonifreyr: Drums, Acoustic and Electric Guitar

Yohman: Primary Instrument - Trombone
Secondary - Trumpet

Mowerman: Primary Instruments - Tenor and Alto Saxophone
Secondary - Guitar

chiisai_hana: Primary Instruments - Piano, Trumpet
Seondary - Guitar

DarkSkyLady: Piano

davidnsz: Piano, Violin

CoryNSand: Trumpet

Ookamioni: Piano, Clarinet

Sawamura_mad_dog: Bass, Drums, Trumpets

Usspaul: Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar

Daft: Voice, Guitar

Frankie: Piano, Voice

Andre: Primary Instrument - Piano
Secondary - Baritone and Alto Saxophone

Livecell: Primary - acoustic guitar (steel six string, not classical), electric guitar,
Secondary - Mandolin, Piano/keyboard, Drums

Ranch: Primary Instrument - Cello
Secondary - Piano, Trumpet, guitar, Violin, Viola, Flute, erhu

Kharlon: electric guitar, Trumpet

Nightdragon: electric guitar, Keyboard, Flute

outl-w_monsum: electric guitar, Voice
Secondary - Piano
Some experience - Drums, Violin, Recorder

omoide_grey: Clarinet, guitar, Piano
Secondary - Drums

purepitaph: Electric Guitar

EggBeast: Piano, Keyboard
Secondary - French Horn, Trumpet, Kazoo ,
Additional Musical Skills: Composer (music synthesis software)

FTV musos retired

InuyashaX: Clarinet, Recorder

Barbobot: Alto Saxophone

I bumped into this thread again and thought that I might put in a final call for any Fansub.TV musos to identify themselves ... or forever hold their peace.
tongue.gif

If no one else comes forward then it looks as though our Fansub.TV musical population stands at:
31 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

Well i started playing bass on friday
tongue.gif
Hardly what you wouild call an expert musician but i seem to be picking it up alright
unsure.gif

I used to play the double bass (it's massive I know). Played it for 4 years and was part of the school orchestra (there was little competition for that instrument). It was good but I quit doing it when I started my A-Levels. Buying the instrument was never an option as it is freckin expensive (even second hand) so once I left school I never thought to take it up again. Enjoyed my time playing it even though the instrument was rather cumbersome.

Oh and I was part of the school choir throughout middle school but my voice has now broken so I am now terrible at singing. That was ages ago...

I was in Band for five years. When I started i played flute but i kinda forgot. At the moment I am more of a brass playe although its been a while since I played. I can play Trumpet, Euphonium/Baritone, and Tuba. I have played those three. Yes, Ive played anime music, some of which Im not proud of like the theme to Sailor Moon.
Iv also played avangelion music especially the ending Fly me to the moon. Although i really cant say I know how to play the piano, I know a couple of songs. My knew intrest is to learn how to play a guitar.

bakersman: Are you enjoying playing bass?

monsta666: Do you miss your instruments?

oppai-ga-suki: Are you part of an orchestra or band now? Anime music is a lot of fun to play!

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Apr 10 2008, 06:19 PM) bakersman: Are you enjoying playing bass?

monsta666: Do you miss your instruments?

oppai-ga-suki: Are you part of an orchestra or band now? Anime music is a lot of fun to play!
I was in my high school band, but since I graduated I havent played an imstrument since. Most of my friends are from band, they are way more fanatic than me about it. I guess its because some of them want to pursue a musical career like being a band director.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back