Calling All Musicians

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (davidnsz @ May 11 2007, 11:14 AM)Count me in. I can play both the violin and piano. Equally qualified in both, but better and more interested in violin. Taught that for about 5 years before Uni.

Have been trying to get a few pianist friends to accompany me on some anime tune arrangements, not much luck so far --- besides Serenade from Fruits Basket. Lovely song, too bad I lost the arrangement when I moved last year.

davidnsz: Ah! Another anime playing violinist-pianist!
biggrin.gif
I'm loving the fact that there are so many multiple instrument musicians around. It makes me even happier that I never listened to my teachers who tried to make me choose between my instruments.
tongue.gif

New Tally: 16 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ May 07 2007, 08:44 AM) Wow! The musos are coming out of the woodwork!
biggrin.gif

Kazin: You're on the revised list! Do you play electric or acoustic guitar?
Hideto and Kazin do you play any anime music?

New Tally: 8 FTV musicians.
Response is a little delayed, but I play both electric and acoustic guitars. I don't really play too much anime music myself. I know an extremely simple version of Lilium which is not a bad thing to learn if you want an easy good sounding anime song to play on guitar.

As I'm kind of a nerd, I've been working on learning the boss theme from FF7. Not too bad.. it's just a little fast if you want to play it at the speed which you hear it in game.
ph34r.gif

And no I have not, as of yet, tried to learn any anime songs for my Tuba. Although it could possibly end up on the interesting side....

Kazin: I've amended the information! ... After you mentioned playing anime music on the tuba I just had to do a quick search and guess what ... I found one!!!! You could try Sadness and Sorrow from Naruto. I would LOVE to hear that!
biggrin.gif

That's hysterical... I can't imagine that they actualy had something for it. I'll play around with it and see what it sounds like.

Welcome to the muso list CoryNSand. Great to see another musician!
biggrin.gif
I look forward to hearing you play your trumpet! ...... Thanks for the Team Speak Concert!
biggrin.gif

New Tally: 17 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

I play piano and clarinet...

Ookamioni: You're now on the list!
biggrin.gif

Sawamura_mad_dog: Ah! Another anime music playing muso! Which Trumpets do you play?

[13:22:23] *chan* daft27: i play the guitar a little
[13:22:42] *chan* Nahrallah: Guitar ... ah yes you played!
[13:22:59] *chan* Nahrallah: Guitar and Voice!
biggrin.gif

[13:23:38] *chan* Nahrallah: Daft, Should I put you on the FTV muso list I made?
[13:23:56] *chan* daft27: lol, it's up to you

Daft: As you can see, I've added you to the list!
laugh.gif
Thanks for the Team Speak lesson on the intricacies of singing in Japanese!
biggrin.gif
I promise to practise diligently!

Usspaul: As, like Daft, you also left it up to me whether or not to put you on the list, I decided to add you!
biggrin.gif

New Tally: 21 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

Using a Bb Yamaha trumpet.
wink.gif
Havent been playing it since I moved to a small apartment. Don't want the neighbours to scream everytime I play.
biggrin.gif
Now it's just me and my bass.
cool.gif
Do you guys play your instruments at Team Speak?

I rememberd this,when I was in grade 1 - grade 3 or 4 I played piano even though I can't remember any of the tunes I remember playing on school with a teacher and a class of other studants oh yeah music classes in happened alot if one of our teachers where not at school our class was split up and put in other classes for the day or when nothing to do we would go to the music room and I alway's ended up going to the music room I think i had potential maybe
huh.gif
thats why I was was always sent to the music room to play piano.After all this time remembering this wow i totally forgot about this but i remember some kids that was in my class WOW a brain is actually a freaky thing playing tricks like this.

REYOMA: It's a shame that you never developed your musical skills!
biggrin.gif
Well, it's never too late to learn!
wink.gif

sawamura_mad_dog: Are you missing being able to play your trumpet?
sad.gif
At least you can have fun with your bass!
biggrin.gif

Yeah I do miss playing my trumpet.
sad.gif
I think I've lost the touch anyways. Few days back I tried practicing my buzzing with my mouth piece. It went bad. Felt like I was Daffy Duck swearing and talking nonsense.
laugh.gif
Hahaha! I ask again, you guys play your instruments at Team Speak?

sawamura_mad_dog: Oh, dear. At least it doesn't take too long to get your technique back if you practise diligently!
smile.gif
I've sung on Team Speak! Take a look at performers on Team Speak.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Mar 25 2007, 02:19 AM) Just trying to satisfy my curiosity ... are there any other anime addicted musicians out there?

Somehow the Anime Orchestra quickly became the Anime Ensemble. Would I have more luck with an Anime Choir?
HI! Yes, I'm an anime musician as well!

@ andre : Saw your intro
laugh.gif
. And yeah, state your instrument.

Eh Nahrallah, if you are seeing this, what do you think of an anime score thread here?

QUOTE (hideto @ May 19 2007, 06:26 AM) And yeah, state your instrument.

I play the piano

dabbled with a bit of Baritone and Alto saxaphone, and I compose. If there were to be someone who would be my patron, I would gladly compose one for him/her. But being a patron comes at cost
laugh.gif

Frankie: Glad to see that you finally posted. Now I've got you on my list!
wink.gif
Next goal ... post number 3!
biggrin.gif
Don't make me work so hard for the next one!
laugh.gif
Frankie? POST! Frankie? ....

Andre: Ah! A fellow pianist and composer. Welcome to the musician's haven!
biggrin.gif
I've added you to the list. Good luck with the search for a wealthy patron!
wink.gif

QUOTE (hideto @ May 19 2007, 10:26 PM)Eh Nahrallah, if you are seeing this, what do you think of an anime score thread here?

I'm seeing it Hideto!
biggrin.gif
Actually, this thread originally had a dual purpose; to gather together all the FTV musicians in one place and to allow all of us to share our favourite anime sheet music sites. Did you have something different in mind Hedeto?

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Mar 08 2007, 02:02 PM)Do you play a musical instrument/s and, if so, do you play anime music. What are your favourite anime sheet music sites?

My primary instruments are piano, violin and voice.
My favourite sheet music sites are:
josh's anime sheet music master index
Ichigo's Sheet Music
Anime Scores
Parasoul
S.O.D.A. Sheet Music
gedtag's Transcriptions
Sheet Music

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back