C3 cube x cursed x curious

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

nijlandp

-sama
Sempai
Title: C3 cube x cursed x curious

Genre: ecchi, action, comedy

Synopsis:
Haruaki Yachi is a high school student living alone in an old solitary home. When he wakes to a suspicious sound in his kitchen, he finds... a naked rice thief. The woman calls herself "Fear" and claims to be a cursed tool who has come Yachi's home to remove her curse. Since he's affected by the curse, Fear ends up moving in with Haruaki, and that's where the story begins.

First impression after 2 episodes:
This seems to be another series of which there are dozens. The first episode wasn't very strong. Only when Fear wrecked the house, went outside and visited the market did it get somewhat interesting. Still it wasn't very much. The characters seemed bland and the second episode confirmed that feeling. Again no development although Fear seems to be more than just a stupid girl/box. The fight in the second episode was nice but not too original. Hopefully this series picks up from now on and works on its story...although i fear that it may become predictable and weaker.

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 117
Episode 2 is a complete turnaround as anticipated. I have no idea what's going on as the show refuses to properly explain itself (yet at least), but the expected action has already kicked in and boy was it awesome. I had feelings of 11eyes while watching it but it was a good type of feeling as it showed off a lot of Silver Link's solid animation techniques here.

Oh and Yukari Tamura voicing Fear was priceless this episode. Her manner of speaking as well as her sudden snapped personality was great. Really can't wait to see how this proceeds next episode now.

Like I said, the one (major) draw back this episode was the lack of explanation of anything. If they can nail this, then we may actually have another solid show this season.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 09 2011, 07:17 PM) Episode 2 is a complete turnaround as anticipated. I have no idea what's going on as the show refuses to properly explain itself (yet at least), but the expected action has already kicked in and boy was it awesome. I had feelings of 11eyes while watching it but it was a good type of feeling as it showed off a lot of Silver Link's solid animation techniques here.

Oh and Yukari Tamura voicing Fear was priceless this episode. Her manner of speaking as well as her sudden snapped personality was great. Really can't wait to see how this proceeds next episode now.

Like I said, the one (major) draw back this episode was the lack of explanation of anything. If they can nail this, then we may actually have another solid show this season.
Yeah, I thought this was going to be downright horrible with ep 1 but agree that ep 2 was a complete turnaround and hopefully portrays where the show is going. Not a hit out of the park, but an enjoyable watch. In a sense, the situation kinda reminded me of Elfen Leid.

Ok first epsidoe it looked interesting and cute. Then after watching near the end of the second epsidoe I started to question on what the hell I was watching here. In any case I see that they are trying to do a decient pace with how things will play out for Fear here.

On a side note why do I get this feeling that the blonde chick here is acting a bit like Panty from Panty and Stalking here?
blink.gif

Ep 2 was a lot better than ep 1 (which was just bad), mostly because Fear wasnt nearly as annoying as in ep 1.

Overall this, sadly, feels a lot like Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi. No explanations, a lot of fighting and WTF. I just hope it wont fall apart like that.

Valencie is awesome. Mostly because I have a faible for psycho b*tches. And she is the definition of one. Just her clothing style could be better.
Kirika seems to hide something as well. I mean which normal person would wear bondage gear while showering?
A capable mainguy is another big plus too.

@Wolfie: Yeah she is like Panty with a lot more screws loose.

Episode 3 seems to explain something more about Fear but it raises more questions in return. Why does he know that curses won't affect him? What is the story behind the sword (girl)? Everybody seems to carry curses. What is the sword curse? And what is the deal with the class president as she acted pretty funny after being attacked by fear? She seems to know more than she shows.
This sure felt like a better episode than previous ones as the series does look like it has a real story to work with.

Finally got around to viewing this show. Only watched episode 1 but found it hilarious!! Fear cleaning the house was probably one of the funniest scenes I have watched in quite a while.

I love that Fear is so annoying and rude. It fits her image, and her VA is doing an excellent job; mixed with her running line "Norozo!" is absolutely moe in my opinion.

Silverlink is doing the animation,. They did both seasons of the Baka's and use a lot of Shaft-esque style, which is a major plus, and shown in C^3 as well. For this alone I am really pulling for this series and hope it can keep up the comedy that ep 1 did.

Now, I can get into the story, pace and the fact that Haruaki seems way to nonchalant that a box turned into a girl and destroyed his house. But I'll save those opinions for a few episodes.

Well with epsidoe 3 I have to agree with you on most points antabaka-san. In any case I get this feeling that the guy is used to handling cursed objects. I mean his best friend that they showed in the first epsidoe turned out to be a cursed object as well. I'm guessing as to why he's not cursed is because he managed to take care of cursed objects I'll bet.

Ok with epsidoe 4 we pretty much get to see that Fear still can't keep her ability in check when it comes down to it. Although it seems that Haruyuki has a slight effect on her to the point of were creatin things can happen between those two that can only happen in doujins.
tongue.gif

In any case I have to say that this series is kind of a mixed series here since it somewhat feels like a slightly darker series than what Dempa Onna was like.

Ok with episode 5 we now get to see the class rep in bondage gear it would seem.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Also, not only that but Fear even manage to try and maintain some form of sanity while she even fought in this episode with was rather interesting to see here.

Also, we even manage to find out that there is a research group that the class rep is involved in wich kind of makes sense as to how she reacted to Fear in a normal state when she was in a beserk mode.

Well with episode 6 it seems that Fear-chan is showing a rather moe moe side to her. Although to think that boy has to take care of another cursed object. Although from the looks of it I think this doll is going to be rather problematic if she keeps acting like she is, but it seems Fear-chan wants to help her out as much as she can here.

Yes Sovereignty will be hard to turn since she doesnt want her curse to be lifted. But Im sure the obvious and predictable love-talk from her owner will change that really easily.

Kirika is really hot in her bondage gear. And it comes with a nice ability too. Ok the heart dies, but it seems to happen really slowly since shes still normal in my eyes.

But too bad that Valencie is gone (at least for now). She was just a great character, beeing all crazy and hot. Not to talk about her lingerie
tongue.gif

Well pretty much it seems that this series is now getting to be interesting. althought the Soverenti portion ended in a way that I didn't see comming and it seems we have another loli joining the group here as well. For some reason she gives of the cuteness factor that Rika from Higurashi did.
tongue.gif

I feel like I maybe the only one commenting on this series now. Although I have to admit seeing how the class rep is trying to handle her bondage gear all by herself only to finally show it's true curse to Haruaki. Pretty much when she isn't trying to kill herself with that outfit it does make her rather smecy if you ask me.

In any case I kind fo wonder about that loli girl as to having her cutsomers end up being killed only makes me think it wasn't her customers that have similarities but with what they are wearing I would guess.

In any case it was nice to see fear try and still work on the dacne she did in the first OP of this series though.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 05 2011, 06:20 PM)I feel like I maybe the only one commenting on this series now. Although I have to admit seeing how the class rep is trying to handle her bondage gear all by herself only to finally show it's true curse to Haruaki. Pretty much when she isn't trying to kill herself with that outfit it does make her rather smecy if you ask me.

In any case I kind fo wonder about that loli girl as to having her cutsomers end up being killed only makes me think it wasn't her customers that have similarities but with what they are wearing I would guess.

In any case it was nice to see fear try and still work on the dacne she did in the first OP of this series though.

I am catching up on this series
smile.gif
. The part when Sovereignty gets clipped was pretty good. To see the use of the curses to help relieve one was a nice adaptation.

Edit: So Haruaki is treated to a show by Kirika. It was strange to see her act like that. Also why didn't she just say that she likes him..? It would help to resolve a lot of problems. Now it feels like an unfinished part which may not return for the rest of the series and in doing so may remain an unsatisfying loose thread.
The bath scene with Fear and Kurou was nice. Also the dress-up part was okay.
Still Kurou acted pretty strange. She was cutting the hair of her enemy? This was confirmed when she was looking at the rainbowcoloured hair...Is she really getting rid of her curse??

This series is really interesting. I can understand why she didn't tell him right there that she liked him. You can do only so much at one time.

I wonder why curses don't work on him?

I did like how he went straight to her and said why don't you give it to me since it won't activate on me.

Also there seem to be more to Konoha then just turning into a sword. She has a totally diffrerent personality!

I dont think its Kuroe, since there is another possibilty. Everyone whos died hada cross as a chain, just like the megane-nun. But of course its possible that Kuroe and the megane-nun are working together to get their hands on fear. Since Kuroe was gone for some time you can never know what happened to her.

Kirikas show was quite something, especially hot. I guess a lot of people would be happy having those two curses ^^

The personality change from Konoha was a surprise too. But I wonder why they showed it to us now without getting further into it.

So Kurou ain't the enemy. I must say that it really felt like she was in the previous episode. In all it was a nice episode without a real fight but Kiriki made up for it with getting more depth again. So she does like Haruaki a lot. Even so much that she betray the organisation she works for. Hopefully she gets her wish to say it straight to Haruaki. One thing i am still curious about: what does Haruaki have? He must have something to be able to withstand to be cursed?
Looks like the next episode is going to be one big fight.

So its over now. I must say that I never really got into this show, mostly because there was no real atmosphere since it had a really bad balance of seriousness and comedy. Another thing that destroyed the atmosphere was the easygoingness this anime had. Especially Haruaki was completely unbelievable. Sure it was great seeing a mainguy who acts like a man should from the very beginning, but he took everything too easy as if its impossible they would lose or die.
Characterwise it wasnt great either since except for Kirika and Valencie there were no interesting characters. No most of them were plain annoying to be honest, the most annoying one beeing the maingirl Fear.

Storywise it coulve been good if it stayed serious, which it sadly didnt.

Animation style wasnt bad, even though it didnt suit the show sometimes.
Animation quality was pretty bad since it often was pixeled and unclear.

The only really good thing about this show was Kirika since I liked her a lot (I mean how could I not like her seeing that she enjoys it when someone is playing with her guts?) and Valencies crazyness.

Not as bad as Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, but still only a 7/10.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Dec 19 2011, 06:03 AM) Not as bad as Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, but still only a 7/10.
I do believe we have something to agree on with this series.... I mean the comment not the rating.
tongue.gif

In any case I have to say a the end it feels like they may make another short season for this series since ti seems that some more cast members came into the limelight at the very end here. I just hope they do continue it since it is a rather fun filled series, even though it does have some dark tones with it.
tongue.gif

In the end I have to give this an 8/10 though, since it was one of the better series that have somewhat of a dark twist to things.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back