Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: I Don't Have Many Friends (Haganai) Next
Japanese: 僕は友達が少ない (はがない) NEXT
Airing date: 10/1/2013 (TV series 2nd season, 12 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Slice of life, Harem
Original creator: Yomi Hirasaka
Original character designer: Buriki
Director: Tōru Kitahata
Written by: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Music by: Tom-H@ck
Chief animation director and character designer: Yoshihiro Watanabe
Art directors: Aya Kuginuki (BIHO) and Toshihiro Kohama (BIHO)
Sound director: Satoshi Motoyama
CGI director: Mitsutaka Iguchi
Art setting: Saaya Kaneshiro (BIHO)
Color design by: Aiko Matsuyama
Prop design by: Kazutaka Ema
Music production director: Atsushi Yamamori
Layout constructor: Hideki Okamoto
Recording adjustment by: Erina Watanabe
Recording assistant: Yuki Sawamura
Technical engineer: Yuta Matsuda
Casting management by: Chō Matsuoka
Special effects by: Tomoki Murakami
Sound effects by: Yūji Furutani
Sound production by: Keisuke Naruse
Setting production by: Kengo Matsumoto
Production desk: Naoto Awano
Animation producer: Jiyū Ōgi
Music producers: Kazuo Shinohara and Kōsuke Fukai (F.M.F.)
Publicity producer: Takuya Nakayama
Production producer: Naoto Kasahara
Studio: AIC Build
Network: TBS, MBS
Opening theme: "Be My Friend" by Inoue, Itō, Yamamoto, Fukuen, Hanazawa and Iguchi
Ending theme: "Our Wings (僕らの翼)" by Inoue, Itō, Yamamoto, Fukuen, Hanazawa and Iguchi

Main cast: Kodaka Hasegawa (羽瀬川 小鷹) voiced by Ryōhei Kimura and Jerry Jewell (EN)
Yozora Mikazuki (三日月 夜空) voiced by Marina Inoue and Whitney Rodgers (EN)
Sena Kashiwazaki (柏崎 星奈) voiced by Kanae Itō and Jad Saxton (EN)
Kobato Hasegawa (羽瀬川 小鳩) voiced by Kana Hanazawa and Alison Viktorin (EN)
Maria Takayama (高山 マリア) voiced by Yuka Iguchi and Kristi Kang (EN)

Yukimura Kusunoki (楠 幸村) voiced by Nozomi Yamamoto and Ashleigh Domangue (EN)
Rika Shiguma (志熊 理科) voiced by Misato Fukuen and Alexis Tipton (EN)
New cast: Kate Takayama (高山 ケイト) voiced by Emiri Katō and Brina Palencia (EN)
Aoi Yusa (遊佐 葵) voiced by Mariya Ise and Felecia Angelle (EN)
Hinata Hidaka (日高 日向) voiced by Yōko Hikasa and Brittney Karbowski (EN)

Supporting cast: Stella Redfield (ステラ・レッドフィールド) by Ryōka Yuzuki and Caitlin Glass (EN)
Tenma "Pegasus" Kashiwazaki (柏崎 天馬) voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu and Brandon Potter (EN)
TV series S2 PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/qRGxtqDj9Wg?autoplay=1&rel=0
Haganai Next PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/-5MFjf7EGM0?autoplay=1&rel=0
BR/DVD CM: http://www.youtube.com/embed/msCDgDkn8Jo?autoplay=1&rel=0
OP & ED CM: http://www.youtube.com/embed/JWoRDyjWiOY?autoplay=1&rel=0
Official website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/haganai/

Synopsis: The Neighbor's Club—a club founded for the purpose of making friends, where misfortunate boys and girls with few friends live out their regrettable lives. Although Yozora Mikazuki faced a certain incident at the end of summer, the daily life of the Neighbor's Club goes on as usual. A strange nun, members of the student council and other new faces make an appearance, causing Kodaka Hasegawa’s life to grow even busier. While they all enjoy going to the amusement park, playing games, celebrating birthdays, and challenging the “school festival”—a symbol of the school life normal people live—the relations amongst the members slowly begins to change… Let the next stage begin, on this unfortunate coming-of-age love comedy!!

Necropinion: from a few series I'm interested on watching this winter is nice to see this anime continues ^^ as usual Yozora is despicable while bulling Sena, even with her weird common sense still she's my favorite from the cast but I can't say the same about her scarier family ¬¬ ...maybe there'll be not a consistant plot unlike S1 but by this first episode I get an idea how ecchi and wacky this new season will turn out, more with the debut of Maria's sister Kate next week o_O expectation: medium - preliminary score: 7/10
smile.gif

I just watched the unaired 13th episode for the first time, it was great. I mainly watched it in preparation for season 2 that starts in January.

It was a pretty good OVA, it reminded me of everyone's specific traits and to be honest, I had forgotten a lot about this series but this episode helped me remember what happened in the season 1, well most of it.

This episode also re-confirmed that Sena is my favourite out of all the girls.

I haven't read the light novels in a long time, I think I only read like 2 volumes of it though and now there's 8 volumes, I might start reading them again but I rather not.

I have always preferred reading manga than light novels but sometimes you just have to read the LN like for Highschool DxD.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT #1:

Like I did with this series, I'm going to be watching the 2 OVAs for Minami-ke that I haven't watched in preparation for the new season in January.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Sep 29 2012, 01:18 PM)The OVA reminded me of what I hated in the first season: Yozora. I just cant stand people who insult others just because they cant handle reality and see that they themself are worth nothing. Letting Sena get raped just because shes jealous is a new low for her. She really should lick Senas feet but she would probably even be too useless to even do that. Her role shouldve been the one of the one getting raped, but not even monsters have that bad taste.

The other thing which was annoying me in the first season was the stuff about Yukimura. Its time they clear it up so that the people know that shesyup too bad that after a year this episode wasn't as good as season 1 or even than the called 'Ep.0' which looks like #14 or further, without mentioning Yozora is more annoying than usual in the new OVA -.- lets see if S2 gets better based of its LN or manga story...

So we start off the second season picking up where we left off with a bit of a short reintroduction here. Not only that but your typical Sena being tricked into something Yozora came up with as always it would seem.

Pretty much turns out to be another day in the clubroom.

Aside from the obvious Sena wanting to be all yuri over Kobato it seems to me she's unknowingly going down the path of wanting a yuri session with Yozora as of now.
tongue.gif

In any case I'm looking forward to the antics that will ensue with this soean here.
tongue.gif

well until now I know Rika's vision is perfect and looks better without glasses ^^ after all she only wears them as a "megane fashion" to fit her scientist archetype, making Sena and Yozora jealous while Kodaka embarrasses her but the good old anti-H swatter is back to hit her face this time without any eye protection xD ...erm a yaoi game about playing and selling yaoi? o.0 that would make Yukimura to go H on Taka someday ¬¬ anyway glad to see in 2nd half how 'Meat' not only is smexy, also has higher IQ than Sora who had no choice but ignore her using an imaginary friend again -.- & what's with Kate's ill manners? kinda ruins her hot nun image
laugh.gif

I have yet to see the second episode. But since I watched the first season of this show It's already got a place close to my heart, of unknown reasons. Sena-chan is as cute as ever and will continuously be my favourite! ^^, Though the never-ceasing torment and bullying of stupid Yozora-yarou was no greater surprise. Though I did hope that this season would be more benevolent toward poor Sena-chan. =(
And it seem as it has only become worse as Glasses-tan seem to be siding with Yozora, and Protagonist-kun seem to really dislike poor Sena-chan. He is obviously aware of the torment she has to endure on a daily base but still does nothing! Not even when asked directly by Chairman-san! He was close to abandoning her even more! Seriously, what is his problem?! Instead of saying "yes, she is getting bullied real bad", he was close to insulting her!
He is obviously a douchebag! Like the rest of them!

I feel real sorry for poor, adorable Sena-chan. She, of all, really only wants a good friend. She really tries and is outgoing to every suggestion they get. She even is really kind and respectful toward Yozora even though she every time gets totally run over for trusting her! She continuously keeps giving her more and more chanses and forgives her every time! Sena-chan is a real angel! But still everyone keeps being mean to her and making her cry. =(

This season seem to be exactly as the first one. My heart, it breaks.
Auu~

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 10 2013, 08:44 PM) Aside from the obvious Sena wanting to be all yuri  with Yozora as of now.
tongue.gif

Wow...what a combo! An attention starved "love me please" anime character (Sena-chan) coupled with a sour and bitter, vinegar drinking one (Yozora)? No thanks!
rolleyes.gif

Woofie, I know you suggested I give the second season a go but after reading what awaits I am gonna pass and remember what was a fun first season instead of being tortured with a second season where possible yuri antics and more vinegar drinking sourness ensues. I want to have a fun new year and not let it be soured by what you have so aptly described.
wink.gif

Have a ball watching as I know only you can, dear Woofie-san.
tongue.gif

Well you're missing out on Maria's older sister comming into the mix, but then agian you're not missing much.

Although we're now back to the gag of Yozora forcing Sena-san to read off an erotic secen from an eroge she was playing after being frustrated over how Yozora was able to say the lines of an All-Ages Yaoi anime that Rika showed off to the club.

Although of course Sena-san was going to lose this arguement since there wasn't any major yaoi scenes in the anime, but if Rika showed off a yaoi game in the club then of course Sena-san would have a field day over it. I mean she is a normal to yuri kind of girl here.
tongue.gif

In any case for Sena-san to pretty much go out of her way to read that rather erotic scene and managed to show off to Yozora that she can do it kind of made Yozora's plan backfire here. Alhough oddly enough she did feel bad for it to the point where Sena-san kind of did her typical ran away from the room while calling Yozora an idiot. Although it kind of felt wierd that she did that since it felt like the other members felt a bit bad that she actually read the entire ero eor scene.

Oh speaking of that scene am I the only one that thinks that could be Kobato-chan there. I mean sena-san has a major thing for her.
biggrin.gif

The series continues where it has left off. Sena getting embarresed by Yozora, Rika being all for jokes and yaoi and the rest just following around. However something does show this time: it all is about getting closer to Kodaka. Yozora tries to get closer by comparing test answers, Sena by inviting him to her home, Rika without glasses, Yukimura will probably get ideas from the anime they watched and Kate even though she just came along made it clear she wants Maria to be happy..it feels like Rika seems to be the one who has the best chance to have a sort of relationship with Kodaka. If you combine the opening scenes with her actions i wonder if they become friends. In the opening she doesn't seem to be the one who goes for more than Kodaka's friendship..Yozora and Sena feel to want more and that is probably not going to happen. Yukimura still feels strange: is Yukimura really a guy??

QUOTE (Silendris @ Jan 18 2013, 11:10 AM)And it seem as it has only become worse as Glasses-tan seem to be siding with Yozora, and Protagonist-kun seem to really dislike poor Sena-chan. He is obviously aware of the torment she has to endure on a daily base but still does nothing! Not even when asked directly by Chairman-san! He was close to abandoning her even more! Seriously, what is his problem?! Instead of saying "yes, she is getting bullied real bad", he was close to insulting her! He is obviously a douchebag! Like the rest of them!お帰り シルフちゃん ^^ sadly I think he'll never tell her dad that she's bullied because Yozora is his childhood tomboy friend and he can avoid trouble like her suspension, or expulsion (even if she deserves it) ¬¬ now as ep.3 shows Maria "running away" from her lewd sis to stay in Kobato's home kinda compensates their lack of screentime... back to their club with the king's game as usual Sena does something embarrasing like her Zenigata impression looking for Lupin III in a convinience store xD, anyway after she and Kodaka were about to kiss later his dad calls him asking if he'll marry her oO could that cliffhanger be the main plot this season or a joke?
tongue.gif

Maria and Kobato do seem to get along even if they are fighting. A bit like Sena and Yozora who also keep on hitting each other with remarks. That king game was a nice feature: the things they had to do were just as expected. The kiss assignment hidden in the side of the box combined with Yozora's reaction made it clear that Yozora had wanted to have that assignment with Kodaka.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jan 25 2013, 12:48 AM)anyway after she and Kodaka were about to kiss later his dad calls him asking if he'll marry her oO could that cliffhanger be the main plot this season or a joke?

I am not sure that it was a joke. It seems that Pegasus does want something between Sena and Kodaka so i wouldn't put it past him to try to arrange a sort of engagement between Sena and Kodaka. Kodaka probably doesn't want it but Sena may actually encourage it. That may lead to Kodaka and Yozora's secret of knowing each other before leaking out.

Oh that is pretty mcuh kind fo an arraged deal betwen Kodaka's father and Sena-san's father for them to be married. Granted they kind of brushed up on that bit in the frist season, but never went into it.

Oh and seeing Maria-chan and Kobato-chan hanging out together is like your typical childhood friendship... somewhat. Although it looks like Maria-chan is ahead on Kobato-chan by a little bit though if you ask me.

Although I did feel a bit sorry for Sena-san forcing Kobato-chan to wear a swinsuit for the rest fo the game like that. I mean even she felt bad for it since she couldn't cary that out at all. Although Rika kind of made it worse by using her revealing cosplay outfits to use on Kobato-chan there. Its like they needed another excuse for Kobato-chan to hate Sena-san though.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 19 2013, 02:12 AM)Yukimura still feels strange: is Yukimura really a guy?o_O well this new episode finally answered that question and what surprises me more is how long she believed to be male after many times she was in baths, changing rooms or body examinations ignoring any guy who told her earlier but still the parents are to blame for raising her as a japanese man instead -.- ...anyway looks like i was right about a marriage plot in this S2 but was hilarious how Kodaka changed the subject joking with his father about Kobato's "boyfriend", also all that panic caused by rollercoaster rides and other funny situations at the amusement park ^^ Sena and Yozora throwing up was a bit too graphic though
ohmy.gif

So not only does Sena-san still has a thing for Kobato-chan, it seems that Kodaka and Sena-san look like a nice couple if you look at it. I mean she may want to do pervy thing to Kobato-chan, but she seems rather motherly about it if that's even possible.
laugh.gif

Oh and another thing here is about Yukimora-chan now. I was wondering when that timer would go off to show off which gender she was in the end of it all. Ironically Yozora's plan to dress her up like a girl backfired emencely here.

Also, it looks like Yozora-chan and Sena-san still have this wierd friendship, but you can tell that they like hanging out with each other even if they tend to try to go at each other's throats while doing so. Pretty much I guess they can be considered as frienemies I guess.
tongue.gif

Okay, so as of this episode:

* Yozora = Potential "friend with benefits", but she's just too twisted... I actually have a best female-friend like her. Great friend, but trying to be more than that would be disasterous!
* Sena = Pin-up/centerfold dreamgirl, but annoyingly high-maintenance. Some fantasies should just stay fantasies...
* Rika = Guilty pleasure. Cute, but she would have to agree to monitor her "inside voice" in public. Perfect college girl-friend! Hot and fun "experiments" to be had, but she would probably drop you as soon as she got her "data" from you...
* Kate = Looks great, but gross manners and there is no future with her. (She's still jail-bait)
* Maria & Kobato = Kids. Eww... (Plus while Kobato will probably end-up being adopted or something to make her not be a blood-relation, still... too "creepy-sister-zone".) Token Chibis for comic relief.

* Yukimura = Goddess! WINNER!!!! Who cares if she's not the most "developed"?!?! (Physically or outgoing personality-wise) She's devoted, honest, thoughtful, KIND, and super-considerate... Ideal marriage material! She was the scariest of the harem before because she was so temptingly-perfect, but thought to be another male. Now she's ACTUALLY perfect! I can't imagine a set of parents who wouldn't be ecstatic to see their son bring her home! (No spoiler here since previous posts already let the cat out of the bag.)

QUOTE .."also all that panic caused by rollercoaster rides and other funny situations at the amusement park ^^ Sena and Yozora throwing up was a bit too graphic though
ohmy.gif
.."

Let's see, we successfully identified the curry, with rice/potatoes, green peppers, carrots... LOL

Yes, it WAS a bit much. But hey, it moved the plot along and got us to the Yukimura is "fair-game" development, so I consider it a bargain! :)

Aaw! This fourth episode was really sweet!
happy.gif

I love how Sena-chan and Kodaka-kun seem to develop a thing for eachother, and the thought about them being married and that Kobato-chan would be their child is too adorable!!
happy.gif
I really wish that was true. It would be sooo cuute! ^^,
She really acts as a mother of sorts toward Kobato-chan. She does everything to make her happy, she buys her things, wants to take her places, and generally just wants her to be happy. She would be a perfect mom! Sena-chan really is the best!
happy.gif

Though I wish she would put that creepy approach aside which makes Kobato-chan rather scared of her than like her. Which is really unfortunate. =( It's that minor detail which ruins an otherwise woderful relationship between the two.
It was a totally wonderfully sweet scene at the Iron Necromancer show where they looked like a really cute family to such extent that people thought Sena-chan was Kobato-chan's mom. Auu~ that really made my heart melt!
happy.gif

I really wish it could be true, that Sena-chan and Kodaka-kun was Kobato-chan's parents and that this show would more and more turn toward a Clannad ~After Story~ approach where it would solely focus on their wonderful life together! That would be the most adorable of scenarios! T_________T

The only darkness in this episode was the mandatory argue between Sena-chan and Yozora-chan at about 14:00.
sleep.gif
Sigh...those two just have to ruin the mood every time, don't they? -_______-

AAND(!!) finally, finally we've come to a conclusion regarding the Yukimura-san/kun issue! Finally that transgendered person came out of the closet and turned out to be the right gender, in my opinion! It would've been too awkward if it would turn out to be the other one, seriously. -___-

All in all, I am starting to really love this second season of this show! I really hope to see some more love-romance in this whole mess, and not just comedy and awkwardness as the first season granted us.

頑張るおくださいせなちゃん!

So Yukimura is actually a girl. Those parents must really be nuts to make her believe she is a guy. This does make a new problem as Yozora seems to recognize perfectly. Yukimura is a bit like a Yamato Nadeshiko...Kodaka may get to like this new Yukimura a lot.
That marriage thing between Kodaka and Sena seems to become a major storyline. Does Pegasus really want to get them together? If Yozora finds out about it, things may get ugly. The best thing in this episode was the rollercoaster ride. It showed the possible connections in the club just be putting the people together. Yozora and Sena, Maria and Kobato, Kodaka and Rika and a bit distant from them all and listening to them is Yukimura. They may argue a lot but they do hang out together to have fun.

Just felt the need to mention that I watched episode 4 again, (Which says a lot since I typically delete them as soon as I watch them!) and actually laughed out loud when the roller coaster got to the top and Rika said "@&€k" under her breath. While her mini-Tourrette's Syndrome fit for the rest of the ride felt out of place, and in fact actually detracted from the humor in my opinion, that one moment qualifies as an all-time funniest moment to me for this anime including season 1. (And arguably a best moment within the entire recent crop of shows that I've watched.)

And finally, unless Yukimura develops some truly bizarre "quirk" now that she knows she's a girl, she is heads above all the others for being a suitable mate. Even Kobato likes her! I just hope that Yozora, Rika, and Sena don't pollute her with their different hang ups in the name of "teaching her to be a girl"... I can almost see the disaster:

Yozora/Sena/Rika: "A girl must not be honest and plain-spoken, she has to keep a guy on his toes by be completely neurotic and make sure that he NEVER understands what she's actually thinking, if she wants him to chase and rescue her...". Or some-such drivel.

Yukimura: "And that will make Aniki think of me as a woman?"

Yozora/Sena/Rika: "I guarantee it!". (Thumbs-up)

I think I'd actually cry... LOL

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back