Blood Lad

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Blood Lad (also can be translated as the word play "Vlad Lad")
Japanese: ブラッドラッド
Airing date: 7/7/2013 (TV series 10 episodes + OVA)
Genres: Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Horror, Romance
Director: Shigeyuki Miwa
Original creator: Yuuki Kodama
Written by: Takeshi Konuta
Music by: Yuuki Hayashi
Character design: Kenji Fujisaki
Studio: Brain's Base
Network: Tokyo MX, TVK, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV
Opening theme: "ViViD" by May'n
Ending theme: "BLOODY HOLIC" by Yuuka Nanri
Main cast: Charlie Staz Vlad (ブラッド・チャーリー・スタズ) by Ryōta Ōsaka
Fuyumi Yanagi (柳冬実) voiced by Iori Nomizu
Wolf Boy (ウルフ・ボーイ) voiced by Takuma Terashima
Bell Hydra (ハイドラ・ベル) voiced by Emi Sarah Bridcut
Mamejiro (豆次郎) voiced by Chiwa Saito
Satie (サティ)
Braz D. Vlad (ブラッド・D・ブラッズ) voiced by Ryouhei Kimura
Deck (デク) voiced by Taichi Komesu
Liz T. Vlad (ブラッド・T・リズ) voiced by Yuuka Nanri
Yoshida Mimic (ミミック吉田) voiced by Kazutomi Yamamoto
Knell Hydra (ハイドラ・ネル) voiced by Kaji Yuuki
Beros (ベロス) voiced by Masumi Asano
Goyle (ゴイル) voiced by Daisuke Kishio
Franken Stein (フランケン・シュタイン) voiced by Tetsu Inada
Akimu Papladon (パップラドン・アキム) voiced by Kouji Yusa
Neyn Hydra (ハイドラ・ネイン) voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono
Heads Hydra (ハイドラ・ヘッズ) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Wolf Daddy (ウルフダディ) voiced by Norio Wakamoto
TV series teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqbjx9Qgun8
TV series CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQSZSjFQ1M
TV series CM 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYMGwwqg9s
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNyBJyWpfo
TV series PV 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuvPaWfBnE
Official website: http://bloodlad.jp/

Synopsis: Blood Lad follows Staz, a vampire that is obsessed with the human world, and Fuyumi, a human girl that was killed and turned into a ghost after wandering into the demon world. Staz promises to help Fuyumi regain her humanity by bringing her back to life, as it means that he would be able to visit the human world.

Necropinion: have been waiting for this series since it was announced by mistake in Spring 2012 charts, back then it caught my attention because I'm a fan of horror films and more reason now that studio Brain's Base is behind it
smile.gif

I tend to be a fan of Brain's Base animes as well, so I will definitely give this a shot!
Plus I do like animes about monsters/ghosts/vampires as well, and this seems to have a mix of all of that.

I think the first episode was strong, it had a lot of bizarre humour and established Staz as a very funny and eccentric protagonist. An otaku vampire, who'd have thought?

I had to laugh when he was looking at DBZ as a reference for how to turn Fuyumi back into a human
tongue.gif
Also he's got a great sense of style with the heart shaped glasses!
wink.gif

If they manage to keep the humour going strong, I will follow this one to the end. It's one of the best debuts so far (other than the obvious Monogatari and Genshiken)

I totally agree with you ^^ now that i watched that episode i'm considering the series as an err, "temporal replacement" for Hataraku Maou-sama this summer (if they release s2 or OVAs of course) not only wackier and bizarre but stylish... also it's full of references to other animes specially by looking at all the "human stuff" that vampire otaku Staz collects and loves, i'm looking forward to see the cast from the demon world joining him in his quest xD ex: high - PS 8/10

Well at firest I was going to give this series a pass, but then I decided to at least give it a chance here.

Good thing I did since I wasn't expecting this kind of a story with the wackiness here and there. In any case I can fully understand why Staz would want to do anything to get Yanagi-chan her body back it would seem.

Well aside form Highschool DxD's second season I got another fanscervicey anime to watch this season it looks like.
tongue.gif

i was laughing so hard when the girl was eaten by the monster plant and realized the title of the ep. it was funny also when he used his mangas as his reference to look for a way to help the girl.

i must say this is promising indeed (considering theres a bunch of moe came out this season. moe season?) looking forward to the nxt ep.

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Jul 09 2013, 01:56 AM)i must say this is promising indeed (considering theres a bunch of moe came out this season. moe season?) looking forward to the nxt ep.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 08 2013, 12:31 AM)Well at firest I was going to give this series a pass, but then I decided to at least give it a chance here.

Good thing I did since I wasn't expecting this kind of a story with the wackiness here and there. In any case I can fully understand why Staz would want to do anything to get Yanagi-chan her body back it would seemwithout a doubt this is promising since the very first episodes xD the 2nd ep was just too much fun to watch with the debut of Bell-chan, in the start i thought by Fuyumi's dad reaction meeting Staz would turnout awkward but he dealt with him by spraying his saliva... and over all the humans he found ;p also when she was embarrassed while he was so excited exploring her world, right after warning her to not make anyone suspect they're demons and now makes sense why she needs his blood to not disappear
tongue.gif

This show is a winner, because of its comedy. It reminds me of Hataraku Maou Sama in that way, the comedic timing is spot on each time.
Bell-chan is another nice addition, I thought it was hilarious when she popped up after Staz beat the ogre, and was like: I don't want THAT
tongue.gif

I'm excited for the next ep where we are introduced to a werewolf
smile.gif

This ep is listed as having only 10 episodes on MAL
sad.gif
why is the episode getting shorter and shorter....

I get this feeling they might end up either doing 2 OVA of this series, or have at least a x.5 episode or two lodged in there somewhere you know.
wink.gif

In any case I have to say I'm enjoying this series so far and have to agree with you on the Maou-sama bit as well, Julezia-san.
tongue.gif

Although I kind of found it stange where Fuyumi was lecturing Staz about her home that her boobs moved every time she waved her finger during her lecture though. Score one for blatent bouncy boobs I guess.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 16 2013, 12:06 PM)This show is a winner, because of its comedy. It reminds me of Hataraku Maou Sama in that way, the comedic timing is spot on each time.
Bell-chan is another nice addition, I thought it was hilarious when she popped up after Staz beat the ogre, and was like: I don't want THAT
tongue.gif

I'm excited for the next ep where we are introduced to a werewolf
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 16 2013, 04:12 PM)In any case I have to say I'm enjoying this series so far and have to agree with you on the Maou-sama bit as well, Julezia-san.
tongue.gif

Although I kind of found it stange where Fuyumi was lecturing Staz about her home that her boobs moved every time she waved her finger during her lecture though. Score one for blatent bouncy boobs I guess.I wonder how many frames they used for that "slow-motion bounciness" ¬¬ but like I posted above we all agree about the Mao-sama vibe it gives, the series has other unique characters like the dove brothers in ep.3 ^^ Bell is yet another manipulative girl who loves to use others but doesnt like to be used... though is cliché that vampires and wolfmen are archenemies here Staz and his ol'pal Wolfie instead of trying to kill each other, they compete for the human resurrection book with sports xD lol'd too when Mimic plays a Gradius ripoff @9:50 before breaking the valuable Mazinger Z imitation
laugh.gif

Yeah it was cliche to have the werewolf and vampire fight eachother, but the match was very entertaining. Staz never ceases to surprise me, I figured there is know way he would lose, but I didn't expect him to pull a clever move like that.

LOL at Bell using her gates to have Staz punch himself, and Wolf having a weakness towards women. I was laughing so hard when Staz said that if he loses, he'll give Fuyumi to wolf and she ran off to barf
tongue.gif
the timing of that was perfect.

This show is a lot of fun, and I definitely look forward to it each week to provide me with some good laughs
smile.gif
Next week we'll likely meet Staz's brother, I'm curious to see what kind of character he since he frightens Staz so much.

yeah that werewolf looks weak towards girls but it seems Bell-chan is an exception because he managed to convince her in ep.4 teleporting Staz on Demon Acropolis, so as Kaminomi's Keima says: "I can see the ending!" about BellxWolf just like the obvious FuyuxStaz case though Bell tried to seduce Vlad Cherry at her bedroom... a very convenient place to live (like Ramona Flowers' "subspace home" from Scott Pilgrim) ;p she's falling for him and Wolf for Fuyumi so it's a monsters love square, was hilarious to see not only the introduction of his sadist bro but also his sis doing Darth Vader's breathing and Frankenstein (of course the demon world's doctor)
happy.gif

Well I never would of guessed that Satz's brother would try to find ways to try and kill him outright here with that story. Not only that but to think that Liz thinks highly about her eldest brother and pretty much disowns Staz here. To think he actually has the wost combination of sibilings here, but one being a sadistic older brother, and the imouto that likes to follow his older borther's orders it seems.

Also, Wolf does seems to have a thing for Fuyumi which is rather obvious here. In any case at least he is trying to look out for her while Staz is gone here.
tongue.gif

Still I think Bell is falling for Staz simpily because he's easy for her to tease. Also, with him saying nice things about her, especially whens he brought him to a sushi shop pretty much made ti where she started to fall for him. Top it all off with him having is magic sealed she kind of wants him to get it unsealed becuase of her treasure hunting side acting out it seems.
tongue.gif

On a side note this will be the second anime I know off that actually has a character called Frankenstein here for me. In any case it was kind fo obvious he'd be a doctor of sorts anyways. Also, I had to laugh when the did the Vader Resparator sfx for Liz since she does seem like the type to do something like that.
laugh.gif

I can totally see this as a stand-in for Hataraku Mauo Sama this season. (Though I truly hope for a season 2!)

This is twisted in an odd way, much like Soul Eater. Manic pace to the dialogue, Rapid retorts, the oddly stylized characters... All "VERY Soul Eater like" to me.

The comedy is definitely the focus, though it seems like they are going for the
tragic heroes - look what they've overcome in their past approach to explain why they are as quirky as they are. Though in Spaz-Kun's case it seem like the vehicle to reveal the vastly un-tapped power he is probably on the cusp of discovering... I'm guessing a lesson in what "true strength" is, and what it means to wield it is in the near future for at least him and "Wolfie-Kun"

So, in true SNAFU-tradition, I vote that we begin auditioning the nick-names for our beloved cast:

Charlie Staz Vlad: "Spaz-Kun"
Fuyumi Yanagi: "Fading Oppai-Queen-Chan"
Wolf Boy: "Wolfie-Kun"
Bell Hydra: ??? All I can think of is "The New Hott-ness" Need ideas STAT!
Mamejiro: "Token Pikachu-Kun/Chan" Not sure of gender...
Satie: "Closest to normal-Chan" (Though I expect to learn that she has a trigger that sets her off, like being told she is relatively flat compared to the recent crop of J-Cup-level "Busties" that have recently invaded her life... Or being called "Oba-Chan" might start a tirade.) She's the only character that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with so long as she wore a baseball cap, or bandana to stop the, "What's on her forehead?" questions.
Braz D. Vlad: "Brother-Complex-Kun" I can see that coming a mile away...
Deck: ???
Liz T. Vlad: "Jail-bait-Chan", "Severe-Tsundere-Chan", Chibi-Terror-Chan", or...
Yoshida Mimic: ??? I'd say "Perfect Politician-Kun"
Knell Hydra: ???
Beros: ???
Goyle: ???

Hey, I'm willing to give ANY anime a chance when one of the main characters looks like Bell in a half-shirt (More like a 1/4 shirt on her though) and Booty-shorts, AND offers FREE FOOD! Give her red or black hair with a bit more of a sun tan, and she's my definition of PERFECT! (Physically, anyway... Girl has some MAJOR psychological/domination issues...)

Missed opportunity: "Hey Spaz-Kun, my eyes are UP HERE!"
tumblr_mqpi7vF3gY1sd8geyo1_1280.png

Ladies: IF you look like this, offer a free dinner, and throw in the word "BACON" at any point afterwards to ANY normal, single guy, you'll net yourself an INSTANT proposal no matter WHAT!

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 28 2013, 07:30 PM) yeah that werewolf looks weak towards girls but it seems Bell-chan is an exception because he managed to convince her in ep.4 teleporting Staz on Demon Acropolis, so as Kaminomi's Keima says: "I can see the ending!" about BellxWolf just like the obvious FuyuxStaz case though Bell tried to seduce Vlad Cherry at her bedroom... a very convenient place to live (like Ramona Flowers' "subspace home" from Scott Pilgrim)
You know I'm actually starting to ship Staz x Bell now and Fuyumi x Wolf, I think that those pairs are better suited. Honestly I don't care how it ends up though, because even if Staz and Fuyumi are the main pair I'd still be happy (but sorry for Wolf
sad.gif
)

I also laughed at how Wolf's minions are trying so hard to please, but fail every time
tongue.gif
eg. with their poor fashion choices
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 29 2013, 12:15 AM)Well I never would of guessed that Satz's brother would try to find ways to try and kill him outright here with that story. Not only that but to think that Liz thinks highly about her eldest brother and pretty much disowns Staz here. To think he actually has the wost combination of sibilings here, but one being a sadistic older brother, and the imouto that likes to follow his older borther's orders it seems.I don't think Jailbait-chan knows Spaz-kun's side of the story, so she's just following whatever her eldest brother told her about Spaz. She might be totally ignorant of all the experiments and what happened to him. However, I think that Brother Complex-kun had his reasons for sealing Spaz's power, this whole deal of sealing a vampire's power reminds me so much of Moka's rosary in Rosario to Vampire.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Jul 29 2013, 12:27 PM)This is twisted in an odd way, much like Soul Eater. Manic pace to the dialogue, Rapid retorts, the oddly stylized characters... All "VERY Soul Eater like" to me.

So, in true SNAFU-tradition, I vote that we begin auditioning the nick-names for our beloved cast:

Charlie Staz Vlad: "Spaz-Kun"
Fuyumi Yanagi: "Fading Oppai-Queen-Chan"
Wolf Boy: "Wolfie-Kun"
Bell Hydra: ??? All I can think of is "The New Hott-ness" Need ideas STAT!
Mamejiro: "Token Pikachu-Kun/Chan" Not sure of gender...
Satie: "Closest to normal-Chan" (Though I expect to learn that she has a trigger that sets her off, like being told she is relatively flat compared to the recent crop of J-Cup-level "Busties" that have recently invaded her life... Or being called "Oba-Chan" might start a tirade.) She's the only character that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with so long as she wore a baseball cap, or bandana to stop the, "What's on her forehead?" questions.
Braz D. Vlad: "Brother-Complex-Kun" I can see that coming a mile away...
Deck: ???
Liz T. Vlad: "Jail-bait-Chan", "Severe-Tsundere-Chan", Chibi-Terror-Chan", or...
Yoshida Mimic: ??? I'd say "Perfect Politician-Kun"
Knell Hydra: ???
Beros: ???
Goyle: ???

Yeah I can definitely see the similarity to Soul Eater, it does have the same style.
Haha loving those nicknames.
wink.gif
As for Bell... we could go with Wolf's nickname: Puffy Chick, LOL

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Jul 29 2013, 12:27 PM) Wolf Boy: "Wolfie-Kun"
You called?
laugh.gif

In any case I have to say I'm surprised that this series is turning out to be rather interesting, even though it's only 10 episodes long though. It feels like ti can go for more then just that mind you.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 30 2013, 12:45 PM)You called?
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's the sense of humor I've been missing Wolfie-Kun!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 30 2013, 11:12 AM)You know I'm actually starting to ship Staz x Bell now and Fuyumi x Wolf, I think that those pairs are better suited. Honestly I don't care how it ends up though, because even if Staz and Fuyumi are the main pair I'd still be happy (but sorry for Wolf  )

As for Bell... we could go with Wolf's nickname: Puffy Chick, LOL

I too am more inclined to see Bell (Now dubbed "Puffy-Chick-Chan" Courtesy of Julezia) and Spaz-Kun coupled as I see his obligation to Fuyumi as just that; an obligation. He felt a bit responsible for what happened to her not only in his "Domain", but even in his own room, so he feels like getting her life back is the "honorable thing to do" is how I see it... The whole questioning what to do with her once she's human and if he'll suck her blood, again may go deeper than just wanting to resist sucking HER particular blood, as even Wolfie-Kun mocked him by making a direct reference to how Spaz-Kun resists the Vampire part of him, but relied on it when it was convenient for him to do so...

I'm also considering an updated name for Wolf-Boy since it could get confusing having two "Wolfie-Kuns". (Naturally Kid-Wolf is the ONLY real "Wolfie-Kun"!)Perhaps "Fails at girls-Kun"?
blink.gif
I dunno... I wish Silendris were here as she's infinitely better at nick-naming characters than I am. Accordingly, I am open to any/all suggestions!
laugh.gif

hey! you're back to post just in time ^^ good idea about keeping up Oregairu's trend to make this thread more lively, i would really like Sil-chan to join the fun renaming Blood Lad's main cast but meanwhile I came up with a few nicks ;p... besides the premise to revive Fading-oppai-chan now in ep.5 the plot moves on with Dr. Franken's ultimate monster Akimu Papladon as villain who most likely, took away Puffy's spatial magic so BroCon-aniki decided to unleash Spaz-kun's locked power enough to kill in a blink those zombie twins he couldn't defeat o_O
Spaz-Otakula-kun (otaku + Dracula ¬¬ simple yet catchy in my opinion)
Fading-Oppai-chan (nice! xD but Puffy's mom deserves the 'queen' title)
Wolfie-Weak-at-Chicks-dono (the conquering boss except by his weakness)
Puffy-Funbags-oneechan (besides her funny huge bag she reminds me to...)
STFU-Furry-tan (unlike the 3-eyed girl and pokemons he/she talks a lot)
Flatie-SixEyes-san (lol when she's wearing glasses to read a newspaper)
BroCon-Tepes-aniki (brother complex + Vlad III "The Impaler" = sadist)
Perfect-Sidekick-sempai (he's competent compared to Wolfie's minions)
Darth-Jailbait-imouto (sounds like Vader, cute but envious necromancer)
Politician-in-Debt-kouhai (lazy, clumsy and he has to pay for Spaz's toy)
Visual-Kei-Patchwork-Mutant-yarou (from Juli-chan and Spaz's nicks xD)
Dr. Fails-at-Bombs-sensei (though he failed to create hybrid monsters too)
British-Rocker-oniichan (yet another good nickname coming from Spaz)
Supporting cast yet to debut: Beros (ベロス) voiced by Masumi Asano
Goyle (ゴイル) voiced by Daisuke Kishio
Queen-Funbags-sama (as mentioned above with her daughter Puffy-chan)
Heads Hydra (ハイドラ・ヘッズ) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Wolf Daddy (ウルフダディ) voiced by Norio Wakamoto

Seems fitting to use nicknames for this anime as well, since it's also by Brains Base like Oregairu was.

The funniest parts for me this episode were between Spaz and Brocon aniki. I had to laugh when Spaz showed him the book and Brocon aniki was like: Ohh would you like me to sign it for you?? and he was so enthusiastic and happy.

It's certainly different from the norm to have an older brother obsessed with a younger brother rather than sister. He pretty much ignores Darth Jailbait, and I can understand why she hates Spaz now, its out of jealousy.

I look forward to seeing Spaz unleash his full power on that Mutant demon next week!

I think that loli was hating up becuase of the powrs he possessed, or lack there off when his borther sealed it off. Although after being unsealed it looks like she feels bad for picking on her older brother in the end things here.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back