Bleach Manga Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
No argument there. Last chapter was just plain bad. Art was nice again, but the "fight" between Unohana and Zaraki sucked. The ending also sucked.

QUOTE (Unohana)"I have nothing else to live for, have fun!" *barf*

The only plusside is that Kenpachi can now hear his Zanpaktou....should be interesting if that is going to bring anything.

Then Ichigo and Renji.
Seriously? It's over? Ichigo, the strongest shinigami didn't win, but Renji who has a win record of 1 (by the skin of his teeth I might add) and a "get the everloving crap kicked out of me by anyone and his cat" of over 9000!
sleep.gif

Do we really believe that?
blink.gif

And the sword expert really annoys me to boot.
ph34r.gif

As much as I'd like to say the Ichigo thing is a shock... it isn't really. I sort of expected that to end up as a Kido and martial arts fight... neither of which Ichigo understands. He's always been the idiot with a big sword.

Even as much as it makes sense... it's still anticlimactic and just... bad. Gotta wonder where Kubo's going with this one.

The thing that really gets me with Unohana vs Kenpachi is I still have no clue what her bankai did.

After that mess this was a much appreciated chapter. Finally Isshin will explain Ichigo back story. Although Isshin was kind of a jerk. Flippantly saying that Ichigo knows nothing about himself. Thats not really Ichigo's fault, more like the fault of a useless father.

Regardless, I still say dangai was the time to tell Ichigo about himself.

Another thing that really annoys me is, during the heunco mundo arc Ichigo gained hollow powers because the plot demanded it. Now that the enemies are quincy, Ichigo going to gain quincy powers because the plot demands it. And his hollow powers will become a footnote and forgotten about. Heck we have already forgotten about his fullbring powers.

Another thing I would like to know is, if Ichigo is so special because he has all the powers, what about his sisters. Surely they should have the same potential. Why did Aizen and Buckbeard not go after them as well.

With all this said I still look forward to seeing Isshin's backstory. Although I wouldnt put it pass Kubo to put in a sex scene between Isshin and Masaki.

Dangai wasn't a very good place I think. Why tell something that would at that point rock his world when he has to face off with an immortal enemy asap.

The hollow in the flashback looks a lot like one of Ichogo's hollow forms.

QUOTE (TNT @ Mar 16 2013, 04:15 PM)The hollow in the flashback looks a lot like one of Ichogo's hollow forms.
After what Ginjou said i'm not surprised.

Isshin staves off the hollow but is wounded. Masaki saves him. Isshin stays in the real world to heal. Isshin and Masaki grow closer. They make love. Masaki is pregnant and in her womb is the first shinigami/quincy hybrid. The hollow comes back and attacks Masaki. Isshin uses Final Engetsu to kill the hollow. Because Masaki survives the attack the hollow powers transfer to Ichigo making him part fullbringer. Unlike most fullbringers because Ichigo is part shingami as well, the hollow powers merge with his innate shinigami powers and becomes apart of zangetsu. This means his hollow also manifests as another person like zangetsu. The only other people to experience this phenomena are the vizards and Ginjou who IS exactly the same as Ichigo minus the quincy powers.

Somewhere inbetween that timeline Isshin meets Urahara. Urahara gives Isshin a gigai and tells Isshin that his newborn son will start to likely show symptoms of hollowfication as soon as his shinigami powers awaken.

The great thing about this for me is it puts to rest people incessantly saying Ichigo gained hollow powers from Urahara's pit. I always knew that was bull.

Secondly, im not surprised about Isshin being apart of the shiba clan. It seems I am the only one that remember Byakuya noting Ichigo eyes turning azure is a sign of noble birth. So Kaien looks like Ichigo because he is Ichigo's distant uncle.

The only problem I have is so all this time when Toushiro was hanging out at Ichigo house during the arrancar arc. He never recognised his former captain. Even if I am to believe they never met. He never saw Isshin when he was present at the fullbring battle. Thats bull. Also is Toushiro older than Ichigo even though he is still a kid? Even if SS and the human world operate on different timelines, it is still just weird.

That all sounds so logical I can only think of one reply. Lets make a bingo Card
biggrin.gif

About the Toushiro bit, if Toushiro knew then he might have elected to ignore it. :/

QUOTE (TNT @ Apr 24 2013, 12:11 PM) So far you're doing great with the predictions Franzoir!
Hmm my predictions arent totally accurate. Trust Kubo to switch some things around.

The only thing I wonder about is Ichigo has two sisters, so surely this is all gonna happen to them as well. Im starting to think when Ichigo was born he took all of his mother powers as well. That would explain her dying to some crappy Grand Fisher and the sisters not having hollow powers.

Who knows.

It's close enough though. I don't expect an explanation for his sisters sadly.
sleep.gif

The latest chapter did confuse me though, because Urahare mentions that combining a Shinigami with a special Gikai helps stabilise....but when did he test it?

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 17 2013, 01:07 AM) Isshin staves off the hollow but is wounded. Masaki saves him. Isshin stays in the real world to heal. Isshin and Masaki grow closer. They make love. Masaki is pregnant and in her womb is the first shinigami/quincy hybrid. The hollow comes back and attacks Masaki. Isshin uses Final Engetsu to kill the hollow. Because Masaki survives the attack the hollow powers transfer to Ichigo making him part fullbringer. Unlike most fullbringers because Ichigo is part shingami as well, the hollow powers merge with his innate shinigami powers and becomes apart of zangetsu. This means his hollow also manifests as another person like zangetsu. The only other people to experience this phenomena are the vizards and Ginjou who IS exactly the same as Ichigo minus the quincy powers.

Somewhere inbetween that timeline Isshin meets Urahara. Urahara gives Isshin a gigai and tells Isshin that his newborn son will start to likely show symptoms of hollowfication as soon as his shinigami powers awaken.
Just got up to speed again with this manga, and i agree with your prediction. Just with a few minor details being a little different.

As far as i noticed Ichigo isnt a Shinigami/Quincy hybrid. His mother at this point is a Quincy/Hollow hybrid. And they are turning Isshin into a Shinigami/Human hybrid to stabilize the hollowfication procces. Because they need the complete opposite of Masaki to do that or else she will die. So in other words, ichigo is a Quincy/Hollow/Shinigami/Human hybrid.

Also which hollow comes back? If you are talking about whitey then he wont, because he accually imploded on himself after he transferd his condition/virus onto Masaki (kinda like a vampire). So if there is gonna be suck a attack, then it probably will be a new one. As for the part of the process for ichigo to get Fullbringer powers. I think he already has what he needs in his lovely dna cocktail. Because it was never stated that the mother needs to be pregnant at the time of the attack. Just needs to survive a hollow attack and transfer the traces of the hollow onto the newborn child. And Masaki pretty much already has done the part of surviving the attack. And instead of the normal traces needed, ichigo got the special bonus of his mother being part hollow.

As for the reason why Isshin will use the final attack of Engetsu i can only speculate one of two things. Either it is indeed a hollow attack, one who has around the same power as whitey if not stronger coming for him and Masaki. Or Soul Society idiots found out what isshin has done and send somebody after him like they always do with rule breakers. In the process of him almost being captured, he will use his final form to defend himself and Masaki. Losing his shinigami powers in the process and Soul Society bans him to a human life. My speculation on both are alot bigger, but you catch my drift. Dont feel like typing alot of pages here XD

As for the part of Ichigo's powers. I have my own idea's on that. But wont deny yours. All is possible at this point. Mine just simply state they havent merged at the beginning, he just has them all without knowing it. He just never knew it himself. A few points on why i think this:

At the beginning he subconsciously removes rukia's binding spell to save his sister. His inner shinigami powers reacted to the binding spell, so this was already the first step off his shinigami powers awakening even before rukia transferd hers into him. As for the part of him seeing souls is just more part of his shinigami/quincy/hollow eyes then him needing to awaken it.

His hollow powers is pretty obvious as you also know. Because of what happend in the pit under Urahara's place. At the point they broke his chain his inner hollow toke the uperhand because he saw a opening to get to the surface. He got subdued in the end, but at this point he is already awakened and slowly gaining strength. And even protecting ichigo a few times in the process during that process.

As for the part of his Fullbring power. Because of what happened with his hollow powers getting merged with his shinigami powers after the whole Ulquirra battle. Where Ichigo is pretty much afraid of this own hollow powers. His inner shinigami and hollow souls decided that ichigo should learn the truth and they make clear that both are his powers. And they merge thus beginning the battle between them so he could learn the final getsuga tensho. After using that his shinigami/hollow powers pretty much got put back to being dormant, but still being there. This giving the opportunity for ginjo to find him and start training to revive the hollow part of his sleeping powers. Done so in a way that the hollowfication part still stays asleep.

I do see your points, but this is just my own way of thinking
wink.gif

QUOTE (Dragon-of-Rune @ May 07 2013, 08:48 PM)Also which hollow comes back? I think he already has what he needs in his lovely dna cocktail. Because it was never stated that the mother needs to be pregnant at the time of the attack.

As for the reason why Isshin will use the final attack of Engetsu i can only speculate one of two things. Either it is indeed a hollow attack, one who has around the same power as whitey if not stronger coming for him and Masaki.

His hollow powers is pretty obvious as you also know. Because of what happend in the pit under Urahara's place. At the point they broke his chain his inner hollow toke the uperhand because he saw a opening to get to the surface. He got subdued in the end, but at this point he is already awakened and slowly gaining strength. And even protecting ichigo a few times in the process during that process.

As for the part of his Fullbring power. Because of what happened with his hollow powers getting merged with his shinigami powers after the whole Ulquirra battle. Where Ichigo is pretty much afraid of this own hollow powers. His inner shinigami and hollow souls decided that ichigo should learn the truth and they make clear that both are his powers. And they merge thus beginning the battle between them so he could learn the final getsuga tensho. After using that his shinigami/hollow powers pretty much got put back to being dormant, but still being there. This giving the opportunity for ginjo to find him and start training to revive the hollow part of his sleeping powers. Done so in a way that the hollowfication part still stays asleep.

I do see your points, but this is just my own way of thinking
wink.gif

Remember, I made these predictions before the flashbacks. I was wrong about Masaki needing to be pregnant and Isshin using FGT.

QUOTE His hollow powers is pretty obvious as you also know. Because of what happend in the pit under Urahara's place.

Not to sound too strong but this drives me crazy because I have been saying for 6 maybe 7 years now that Ichigo hollow powers has nothing to do with the pits. The only reason the hollow mask emerged from the pit was because he awakened his shinigami powers. His shinigami powers and hollow powers have always been one and the same. If you rewatch the first time Ichigo encounters his inner hollow (during the kenpachi fight), when hollow Ichigo disintegrates while talking to Zangetsu he is actually returning to the bottom of Zangetsu's cloak suggesting they are one and the same. Tensa Zangetsu confirms this when they merge a little bit more obviously.

Sorry about the confusion. I didnt say the pits is the reason. Just saying that its the spot where it started
wink.gif

EDIT: This might also be confusing. Its the location where it started where we could see it. Even though the powers where already inside him since birth.

Maybe i should put everything down in more detail in the future. So less things will become confusing XD

I really liked the past two chapters.
smile.gif
They feel like Kubo is done flashbacking and now wants to move the story forward again.

I also really liked the panel where he used much more detailed drawrings than normal to signify drama.
tongue.gif

Also the return of the hollow.

I liked the last chapter.

I like the fact that Ichigo acknowledged his hollow for the first time. I always remembered how he instantly dismissed it in front of Byakuya. He always accepted Zangetsu but not the hollow, never realising they are one and the same and that they were all part of him. So I guess its true what the Zero squad guy said. You cant progress until you know and accept who you are.

Oh dear lord. When the guy said the hollows fused with shinigami powers to become zanpaktous, that is exactly as I predicted.

What I didnt see coming was old man zangetsu plot twist. This is the best plot twist Kubo has done since Aizen being a bad guy. Now I understand why Zangetsu has been missing for like 100s of chapters, so as not to give it away the similar appearance between the two.

As great as I think the plot twist is, it leads to many plot holes. Who is Tensa Zangetsu? Why would a spiritual apparition of quincy power teach shinigami techniques? How can you achieve bankai if you dont even know your Zanpaktou true form.

It again makes me question the structure of the entire manga. I feel all this quinicy stuff come alot sooner than at the end of the manga.

No kidding, I'm seeing a few possible outlets on the Juhagetsu story, but didn't Yoruichi see old man zangetsu?

Edit:
... oh... duh... He was able to Bankai because Juha Bach had stolen his Bankai.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jun 05 2013, 04:08 AM) Oh dear lord. When the guy said the hollows fused with shinigami powers to become zanpaktous, that is exactly as I predicted.

What I didnt see coming was old man zangetsu plot twist. This is the best plot twist Kubo has done since Aizen being a bad guy. Now I understand why Zangetsu has been missing for like 100s of chapters, so as not to give it away the similar appearance between the two.

As great as I think the plot twist is, it leads to many plot holes. Who is Tensa Zangetsu? Why would a spiritual apparition of quincy power teach shinigami techniques? How can you achieve bankai if you dont even know your Zanpaktou true form.

It again makes me question the structure of the entire manga. I feel all this quinicy stuff come alot sooner than at the end of the manga.
I liked that they finally went into Zangetsu's appearance.
happy.gif

Couldn't he have been absorbed by Juha when he needed more power again?
huh.gif

Tensa Zangetsu would then be just the hollow....i think. You're right it is a bit confusing. He achieved his bankai thanks to that doll Urahara made, so that solves that.

Which Shinigami techniques did Juhagetsu teach Ichigo? I don't think he thaught him anything.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jun 05 2013, 04:08 AM) Oh dear lord. When the guy said the hollows fused with shinigami powers to become zanpaktous, that is exactly as I predicted.

Who is Tensa? Even younger Bach. Every single outfit Ichigo had had Juha Bach motifs.
Why would his quincy powers teach him his shinigami powers? Because its still part of a whole - Ichigo is not just some hybrid. as we learned in deicide all of his powers are very tightly fused together. They are part of the whole and not just some separate parts of powers.
Oh but ALL of Ichigo's training has been WITH Shirosaki. Ichigo knew his name, he trained with him. actually every training was about understanding "Shirosaki" and his motives. He just kept using Zangetsu name at the wrong dude, which is most likely why Shirosaki was so pissy at him most of the times after he stopped trying to each Ichigo. In fact it makes even MORE sense since now we know that essentially Ichigo's Quincy powers were what kept Whitey/Zangetsu in check from eating Ichigo.

What's more this puts Ishida's loophole in Ryuuken's "don't go befriending shinigami" (that is "I am not befriending Shinigami, I am befriending Ichigo) into a whole new light. Not to mention the fact that Ishida only became best buddies with Ichigo AFTER touching his reiatsu(which he surprisingly was able to use to fire arrows, despite for whole chapter before dedicated to explaining on how opposite shinigami and quincy powers are)

Also, I'll just leave this here.]

Last issue was awesome. Anybody really hit the nail on the head since last issue.

A lot of explanations, except one minor thing....what about the final getsuga tenshou?
huh.gif
How does fusing factor into this?

Think that one would be pretty easy to explain. Tensa didnt want him to become a shinigami, so why wouldnt he give him the means of removing his own shinigami powers? The Final Getsuga Tenshou would have normally removed you shinigami powers as explained by ichigo's father.

I could be wrong. But that is something i would do if i was Tensa and wanted him to become a quincy or just a normal human being.

On the other hand i could be completely off, and it also just one of the fake things ichigo thought was part of his shinigami powers.

Anyways i cant wait for the next chapter to see his new zanpaktou. And wonder if they will show his new shikai and bankai soon.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back