Bleach Manga Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Finally zero squad.

I am majorly disappointed with the character designs. Apart from the dark hair girl who im guessing is hirofune (or w/e her name is), she looks really great, but I have no interest in the rest them. I was just expecting something cooler. Maybe it is because none of them look like the first G Yamamoto silhouette.

Hopefully we will get to see why they qualify above the Gotei 13.

As for Ichigo and his impending powerup. Maybe Bleach will go back to basics. A good training arc with one of the RG to repair his sword and for the love of god bring back old man zangetsu.

If Kubo can also reveal the mysterious hollow voice, that will wrap things up nicely, unless that was Barragan.

Seeing the 0 squad get out I could only think of one thing.
The clown car has arrived!

It would be hilarious if Ichigo would now go to Ishida for archery training.
smile.gif
But he will probably do the impossible and fix his bankai.

Mysterious Hollow voice?
unsure.gif

The fullbringers appearing in spirit kingdom last week brings to mind a rather disgusting possibility... if the Quincies DIE, they go to the after life as is, with memories and abilities intact, ticked about dying and ready to raise hell. again.

... this makes me think there's either a defeat equals friendship looming on the horizon, Ichigo learns to destroy souls Quincy style, or a "we have to kill them TWICE?!" coming.

Well this chapter pretty much 10000% confirmed that Soul King will be the final villain. The moment he was introduced in those last pages, this started playing in my head.

Zeroth Squad is also clearly up to no good - when someone, in a manga that up to this point has been completely gray morality, with every villain having somewhat understandable reasons for their actions, starts talking about how someone is "completely evil", you just know they are playing an angle.

Especially since IN THIS VERY ARC we had an entire chapter dedicated to driving it home that no war has "good and evil side", as both sides fight for what they believe in and that there's a lot of shady stuff about the Quincy massacre that is not known to general SS public.

Also interesting is that Urahara apparently was in the Royal Realm (and most likely Aizen too), so the question remains on why? Could it be via invitation from Isshin, if Isshin was the fifth royal guard before Hikifune. That still leaves it unclear on how the hell Aizen saw the Soul King, but that also can be explained via Aizen being related to Shiba Clan and Isshin(having -getsu sword, etc)

Anyway, the Golden Week break is getting close, so I expect some huge twist there to finish off the year - possibly the facade of Zeroth Squad going away completely.

QUOTE (Norren @ Dec 05 2012, 01:34 PM)The fullbringers appearing in spirit kingdom last week brings to mind a rather disgusting possibility... if the Quincies DIE, they go to the after life as is, with memories and abilities intact, ticked about dying and ready to raise hell. again.

... this makes me think there's either a defeat equals friendship looming on the horizon, Ichigo learns to destroy souls Quincy style, or a "we have to kill them TWICE?!" coming.

Quincies qualify as non-human enough I guess.

Fullbringers return was foreshadowed since the very start of that arc since ginjou constantly reminded Ichigo that while they have powers, their bodies and weaknesses are identical to that of a human.

I am with Anybody on this one. Probably Aizen is gonna turn out to be the goo guy all the time an he was jut trying to top the spirit king an Zero division evil plan.

I don't expect Aizen to ahve been good, I just expect a more grey morality. Like a necessary evil....but we'll see.

Renji is still stupid.
sleep.gif
Yes he's tough enough to withstand a punch, but he's always the first to go down anyway.
dry.gif

Oh geez, why did Kubo have to bring up the Kenpachi thing again. The title of the strongest shinigami? Would'nt that be Yamamato... oh wait he is dead.. but still when he was alive Kubo is saying Unohana is stronger than him? But yet she did not leave her quarters when SS was burning to the ground. Surely, as the strongest shinigami she could help?

I already accepted a long time ago Bleach has no power structure. It would be enough just to say Unohana was the first Kenpachi but the strongest shinigami? Oh please.

As for the art of killing. Hmm.... While I did laugh at how Zaraki vs Nnoita went down, any more refinement that pulls Zaraki away from how he fought against Ichigo (which I believe is one of the series best fight to date) I am probably against.

And here is a problem I have, it seems SS have all these contingencies plan as if they knew that at one point or another the quincies would retreat. What if the quincies just decided to march on to the Soul King palace without respite. Where would SS be then? When you look back at the series, the amount of asinine decisions SS had made, it is laughable. It is amazing they have stayed in control for this long.

At one point, I thought Kyoraku was going to disband Central 46. And that would have been the first sensible decision SS would have made.

Last point, I am glad Kubo has some sort of plan for the fullbringers. I really do feel that that arc was an indelible blemish on the story and it needs correcting one way or another.

It almost wouldn't be proper if they weren't that absurd, given the atmosphere of everything else, but I wish they weren't drawing out the nonsense. :^/

We really didn't need half a chapter of the creator of the Zanpakuto rambling on in broken Engrish and reverse-maniwanigo.

The primary problem with the 0's is that the character designs dont look like they belong to the Bleach universe. Other people have noted they look like they are ripped straight out of the OP universe and I would agree. Even the spirit king looks somewhat like condom Aizen so I dont know what the eff happened to the 0's.

Secondly, it is not that the 0's are particularly outrageous, it is just the manga has gone back to its comical roots. Remember Rukia and Ichigo comical fights or the bwahahahaha guy. It is just for the past 6-7 years Bleach has more or less been devoid of humour. For the manga to abruptly shift back to this style coming off the back of SS destruction, Yamamato being dismantled like a common foot soldier and overall weird designs of the 0's makes for a very jarring reading experience.

Rergardless, im hoping the current zanpaktou training will lead to the reappearance of zangetsu.

I don't really ind the attempts at humor. Humor was something that I had been missing from Bleach for a while now. It was the combo of humor and action that first got me watching. Heck, Ichigo's clueless face on it's own iis still enough to get a chuckle out of me.

I think it has more to do with the designs. Fortunately it's not even being drawn out as much as you would expect. So far only 1 manga with annoying tall screaming guy, 1 chapter at not really fat woman and 1 chapter at Bob Charley.

The other thing that annoys me is that every other panel seems to be a close up panel of someone's off model head screaming.

It's even a downgrade in drawing quality.
sad.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ Dec 18 2012, 06:34 AM) Oh geez, why did Kubo have to bring up the Kenpachi thing again. The title of the strongest shinigami? Would'nt that be Yamamato... oh wait he is dead.. but still when he was alive Kubo is saying Unohana is stronger than him? But yet she did not leave her quarters when SS was burning to the ground. Surely, as the strongest shinigami she could help?

I already accepted a long time ago Bleach has no power structure. It would be enough just to say Unohana was the first Kenpachi but the strongest shinigami? Oh please.

As for the art of killing. Hmm.... While I did laugh at how Zaraki vs Nnoita went down, any more refinement that pulls Zaraki away from how he fought against Ichigo (which I believe is one of the series best fight to date) I am probably against.

And here is a problem I have, it seems SS have all these contingencies plan as if they knew that at one point or another the quincies would retreat. What if the quincies just decided to march on to the Soul King palace without respite. Where would SS be then? When you look back at the series, the amount of asinine decisions SS had made, it is laughable. It is amazing they have stayed in control for this long.

At one point, I thought Kyoraku was going to disband Central 46. And that would have been the first sensible decision SS would have made.
Kenpachi is strongest in terms of combat potential, physically.

And by stats, Yamamoto only had around a half of Unohana's physical strength and Unohana's OVERALL stats make her third strongest captain after Aizen and Yamaji. She outranks Yamaji in quite few stats, in terms of overall offensive power(having complete mastery over Kido for example, which was hinted in the anime filler arcs where she was casting level100 kido's without any real trouble)

And art of killing actually makes nnoitora fight make sense - Kenpachi fights without style. He is literally untrained(or more like have forgotten the training since all we know about his past is that he, due to some huge fight, has lost his memories and woke up in Rukongai with no idea who he is, thus having chosen Zaraki as name for the district he stayed and Kenpachi for its meaning and possibly for the woman he named Yachiru after)

And yeah, let's disband central and go for dictatorship - that works out well. Central 46 IS a logical structure - it just need better membership(which is now possible due to the whole SS overall having taken more liberal turn lately thanks to Ichigo). Going for a dictatorship would be the worst possible decision ever and would bring them back to the old Divisions times - something Yamamoto worked hard to go away from.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Dec 30 2012, 06:37 PM)The primary problem with the 0's is that the character designs dont look like they belong to the Bleach universe. Other people have noted they look like they are ripped straight out of the OP universe and I would agree. Even the spirit king looks somewhat like condom Aizen so I dont know what the eff happened to the 0's.

Secondly, it is not that the 0's are particularly outrageous, it is just the manga has gone back to its comical roots. Remember Rukia and Ichigo comical fights or the bwahahahaha guy. It is just for the past 6-7 years Bleach has more or less been devoid of humour.  For the manga to abruptly shift back to this style coming off the back of SS destruction, Yamamato being dismantled like a common foot soldier and overall weird designs of the 0's makes for a very jarring reading experience.

Rergardless, im hoping the current zanpaktou training will lead to the reappearance of zangetsu.

now this is a pure undiluted bullshit.

I guess Love and Rose and most of Vaizards also don't belong there? Or Kanonji? Or Kon? Or most of Kubo's Zombie Powder characters? Or Zangetsu? Or Nel's friends? or SS Research Squad? The whole Bleach manga is full of strange un-bishie designs and its not surprising that for someone who is obsessed with cultural homages, Kubo would base the top-dogs of SS upon the five arguably most influential stereotypes of japanese society.

Royal Guard are self-centered eccentric bunch of egoistic authoritarian weirdos who do not care about anyone else and they look the part perfectly.

And Bleach devoid of humor? I am sorry, what? Aizen epilogue for SS was devoid of humor, every arc after that was full of it and would occasionally shift between "stuff got REALLY serious" and "oh lol this is funny" stuff. Even Deicide arc had a fair share of humor. So no. Bleach was not "devoid" of humor. We just spent a year or so on Fullbring - which was one of the more intense and serious bleach arcs so far(and even that had Riruka's tsun tsun dere dere-ness, Rukia derping over plushies and so on)

QUOTE (TNT @ Dec 31 2012, 05:36 AM)
It's even a downgrade in drawing quality.
I have to completely disagree with this.

If anything, Bleach has consistently evolved in terms of art style and currently Bleach has the best art style of the big-three and possibly frankly better than 99% of other shounen manga.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jan 09 2013, 10:27 AM)
I have to completely disagree with this.

If anything, Bleach has consistently evolved in terms of art style and currently Bleach has the best art style of the big-three and possibly frankly better than 99% of other shounen manga.
I agree with you completely, except for the 0 squad mess we're currently in. After the awesome artwork of SS being flattened this feels like a downgrade to me.

QUOTE Kenpachi is strongest in terms of combat potential, physically.

Clarify that? Kenpachi told Ichigo he couldnt cut him because a shinigami power is based on reiatsu. So what do you mean by physically stronger. He can run fast and jump high? Congratulations. He has huge muscle strength like Ikakakku. So that mean he is awesome against a bunch of loser fullbring humans. I dont think Yamamato having bigger muscles would of stopped his arms getting chopped off or being sliced in half.

As Aizen, Ichigo and Yamamato has shown physicality means jack shit. Reiatsu is really the only thing that matters.

QUOTE And art of killing actually makes nnoitora fight make sense - Kenpachi fights without style.

I know it makes sense...hence why I brought it up. I was merely stating my subjective preference for Kenpachi to maintain a fighting style that lacks refinement. Indicated by Ichi vs Ken being my favourite bleach fight to date.

QUOTE And yeah, let's disband central and go for dictatorship - that works out well. Central 46 IS a logical structure

SS is a monarchy. Central 46 and everybody in Gotei are in service of the Spirit King. Changing the bureaucracy/administration wouldnt change who rules SS unless you killed the Spirit King. And anyway Central 46 is hardly a democratic decision-making body so the point is moot.

QUOTE Kubo would base the top-dogs of SS upon the five arguably most influential stereotypes of japanese society.

Maybe that is the problem. Kubo (and Amano for that matter) has very stylised designs compared to your normal shounen fare. To draw the 0's based on stereotypes is something I would expect from naruto or one piece but I expect something more distinct from Bleach. Hence why they looked odd (in terms of Bleach stylised world) to me and many others.

QUOTE And Bleach devoid of humor? I am sorry, what? Aizen epilogue for SS was devoid of humor, every arc after that was full of it and would occasionally shift between "stuff got REALLY serious" and "oh lol this is funny" stuff. Even Deicide arc had a fair share of humor. So no. Bleach was not "devoid" of humor. We just spent a year or so on Fullbring - which was one of the more intense and serious bleach arcs so far(and even that had Riruka's tsun tsun dere dere-ness, Rukia derping over plushies and so on).

That is ironic because the fullbring arc was a joke in and of itself.

SS was just crusaded over with not a hint of resistance. Not only that but the guys who did it are imminently coming back to finish off the job. But lets not reflect on that and watch Ichigo and Renji have comical mishaps with a bunch of clowns. The insertion of humour here at this point strike me as very incongruous to the overall tone of the arc. And it is not the first time Kubo has done this.

But maybe this is my own issue. Although anyone trying to say the fullbring arc is worth the paper it is written on, is flat out wrong. I would prefer one day Ichigo randmly gets struck by lightning and regains his shinigami powers as a oppose to reading the fullbring arc. The story would lose nothing in terms of consequences.

QUOTE If anything, Bleach has consistently evolved in terms of art style and currently Bleach has the best art style of the big-three and possibly frankly better than 99% of other shounen manga.

I would agree with this. The double page of SS destroyed or recently making the delightful Unohana look utterly menacing is a testament to his skill. Which makes the designs of the 0's all the more perplexing.

Although you should stop using the term big three. That term hasnt been relevant for 3 years now. Unless you meant One Piece, Naruto and Toriko.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 13 2013, 07:32 PM)
Although you should stop using the term big three. That term hasnt been relevant for 3 years now. Unless you meant One Piece, Naruto and Toriko.
......Really?
blink.gif

QUOTE (TNT @ Jan 18 2013, 01:18 PM) ......Really?
blink.gif

Do you know something I dont? I havent read Naruto in 3 years but I assume it is still a flagship series since it gets featured prominently on the cover page.

Probably, but thats besides the point.
tongue.gif

IT just seems strange to rag on Bleach a recognised member of the bog three and then keep Naruto in.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TNT @ Jan 21 2013, 01:47 PM)Probably, but thats besides the point.
tongue.gif

IT just seems strange to rag on Bleach a recognised member of the bog three and then keep Naruto in.
biggrin.gif

Ask yourself what made Bleach a recognised member of the big three to begin with. My point is that the term big three is redundant since Bleach, Naruto and One Piece now all operate in very different leagues to each other. It is not 5 years ago when they operated in the same league. It would be more apt for me to compare Bleach to KHR than to Naruto and One Piece.

If you have time watch this video http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...f-bleach-part-1

Some of the criticisms about story you can take or leave it for yourself. But when it comes to the cold hard facts even a fanatic would have to concede that something went wrong.

What's KHR?
huh.gif

I'll check out that video later.
happy.gif

About the latest chapter, Kubo's started drawing again.
happy.gif

The most self-indulgent rampant chapter I have ever read.

It is great that Kubo is one of the best artist of his generation but he needs to reign it in.

This... was... just... wow.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back