Black Rock Shooter

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Main Title: Black Rock Shooter
Official Name: BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER
Expected Premiere Date: Spring 2010
Genre: Action, Adventure, Science-fiction, Magic
Official Website: Official Page
Related News: ANN, Moetron

Probably an 'original' anticipated anime that I am interested in after awhile. So far, there are 3 pilot editions that have been released. The main song is sung by Hatsune Miku. (If you guys don't know who Miku is, google is always your best friend. Although probably you want to see this first)
laugh.gif

Although, I doubt that Miku will appear in this anime (aside from the song), this still looks a very cool anime to me. And since it is original anime, the plot and story are still mystery up to this point. (Although, we can guess it a little bit by watching the pilot). As side note, one of the girl has piggy-tails too which is Miku's trademark in vocaloid.
blink.gif
Luckily, based on the promo it doesn't seem to not be a 'singing' anime thou, so I am looking forward to this.
happy.gif
-edit: it doesn't mean that i hate vocaloid songs thou...i like vocaloid songs, i just think that anime based on singing would be boring :x

AniDB has listed this as TV series (which is most likely true), but so far I haven't seen any announcement about it yet.

The 3 pilot videos are subbed and uploaded at youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2ResFC9ok&fmt=22

Animation... Hmmmm cool pictures. Seemingly good quality. Checking out the youtube vids first.

BTW why does it say you're retired?

-EDIT-

Did Miku really sing this?

Animation seems decent, maybe even better than some of the current ones on air. BTW which studio and publisher pair up is handling this?

I've been wondering when this topic was going to come up, I've been so excited about it since I found out from huke. I collect a lot of BRS art and so far I love the animation of the promo~
I think the music is great, if possible I do hope that they find a real singer for this, Miku is awesome but I'd also like to see this song with a real voice. ^ ^

QUOTE (Emi-chan @ Oct 12 2009, 07:59 AM) I've been wondering when this topic was going to come up, I've been so excited about it since I found out from huke. I collect a lot of BRS art and so far I love the animation of the promo~
I think the music is great, if possible I do hope that they find a real singer for this, Miku is awesome but I'd also like to see this song with a real voice. ^ ^
I think they chose to keep the song with Miku's version to keep it as original. There are already many decent nico singers performed the song on nico...I can post them if anyone's interested.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 12 2009, 09:03 AM) I think they chose to keep the song with Miku's version to keep it as original. There are already many decent nico singers performed the song on nico...I can post them if anyone's interested.
I have heard quite a bit already and even some extremely terrible ones, I wouldn't mind if they stuck with Miku but they could add a real vocalist to the album or something, maybe use it for an IN song. It would be a good idea to upload a version of the good covers for those who don't have access to nicovideo though if someone hasn't already.

This is LOL. Seriously, an anime after a song? Well, at least it looks like it has some decent animation quality... I don't really like BRS art all that much though. Also, it's being done by some really small no-name animation company, so I'm assuming it'll be an OAD.

Also if ryo is ryo(supercell), then music should be good too. I just wonder where they'll be pulling the story out of
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 12 2009, 08:35 AM) This is LOL. Seriously, an anime after a song? Well, at least it looks like it has some decent animation quality... I don't really like BRS art all that much though. Also, it's being done by some really small no-name animation company, so I'm assuming it'll be an OAD.

Also if ryo is ryo(supercell), then music should be good too. I just wonder where they'll be pulling the story out of 
laugh.gif

Yes the author of BRS song is indeed Ryo (supercell). The original music video of BRS was with ryo responsible for the song, and huke responsible for the character and concept design for the video (it's quite common for song composers and illustrators working together to produce music thus uploading onto nicovideo...and even more so in the case of Vocaloids original songs). Apparently the heroine in the video was an original character designed by huke (predating the songs itself), which just coincidentally look somewhat similiar to Miku.

Many people (including me in the pass) assumed it is a character which the design was based on Miku, however it is not the case.

I guess I'll post Piko's (ピコ)version of the BRS, since I always liked her *cough* I mean HIS singing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdvLoOnA_A

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 12 2009, 04:20 AM) Animation... Hmmmm cool pictures. Seemingly good quality. Checking out the youtube vids first.

BTW why does it say you're retired?

-EDIT-

Did Miku really sing this?

Animation seems decent, maybe even better than some of the current ones on air. BTW which studio and publisher pair up is handling this?
The video quality is at top notch, i believe they will be releasing blue-ray version when the anime comes out. (I am pretty sure i read this somewhere o_O). That's why the video quality is really distinguishable with other current anime.

Yes, Miku really did sing this. The theme song of BRS is sung by Miku but BRS is not Miku. As Marine already said, BRS is an original character designed by huke. Although there is a lot of resemblance between Miku and BRS, but they are not the same. Probably that's why ryo (Vocaloid's composer) using Miku's voice as the theme song.

I believe the Animation production is done by Ordet.

As for the 'retired' question, probably because i am not as active as i used to be. lol Was on holiday during summer for 4 months and my college work just too much, so hard to handle anime during regular time.

Yo Jul!
laugh.gif

This is gonna be literally Gundam/Macross + Shana + Hatsune.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 12 2009, 01:49 PM) Yo Jul!
laugh.gif

This is gonna be literally Gundam/Macross + Shana + Hatsune.
wink.gif

When the music video was first out, what came to the mind of the majority of the people (with me included) was actually Lenalee and D Gray-man
tongue.gif

On the side note...the gorgeous BRS figure by Good Smile Company is going to be out soon. As much as I would want to get it, it really need some consideration considering it got a price tag of $100, and that's not including shipping yet. Have a look if anyone interested:

http://www.hlj.com/product/GSC96525
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10086058

I dunno, BRS looks plenty like Miku. Even if they claim one is not based on the other, it'll be a lie...

The figure is pretty cool... But the price 0__O I have also seen other cool figures of BRS around... I'm hoping Revoltech will make a BRS action figure, so that I can create all sorts of fun poses with her, Rin and Krauser >:-D

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:53 PM) The figure is pretty cool... But the price 0__O I have also seen other cool figures of BRS around... I'm hoping Revoltech will make a BRS action figure, so that I can create all sorts of fun poses with her, Rin and Krauser >:-D
Well, Revoltech is good with Robo action figures, but personally I don't like their female characters action figures too much as they always made them seem so "chubby"...especially the faces. If anything, figma is the way to go for budget female characters action figures.

O_O I'm totally stoked for this one. It looks awesome XD
That figure is really cool but at that price you need a bank loan. /end exxageration.
i'm not too worried about whom the character is modelled because ill be treating this as a single so im reall looking to enjoy this.

I only hope we wont be dissapointed. XD

We most likely are going to be disappointed by this one and I sense there will be loads of fanservice on all the girls of the Miku World. BUT it can be awesome at the same time....since most of these Miku music videos and songs usually include an intriguing backstory. The ones that come in mind are Love is War and the robot one.....where its a butler or protector of some sorts...........I remember the music vid was quite emotional.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 12 2009, 03:51 PM) We most likely are going to be disappointed by this one and I sense there will be loads of fanservice on all the girls of the Miku World. BUT it can be awesome at the same time....since most of these Miku music videos and songs usually include an intriguing backstory. The ones that come in mind are Love is War and the robot one.....where its a butler or protector of some sorts...........I remember the music vid was quite emotional.
rolleyes.gif

I don't think there will be many fanservice in this anime, considering they didn't put any single ecchi scene for the pilot. If there is any fanservice scene, I would say at most it is only at the level of kiddy grade or some anime along those lines.

The story that I caught from the pilot is: a two girls who are best friend, then some sort of accident happened, which cause them to gain special power. Unfortunately, one of the is in the evil side, the other in the good side. Which, then cause them to fight each other. =x

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 12 2009, 04:00 PM) Well, Revoltech is good with Robo action figures, but personally I don't like their female characters action figures too much as they always made them seem so "chubby"...especially the faces. If anything, figma is the way to go for budget female characters action figures.
True, but then you don't get to have fun by swapping parts between figures...

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 12 2009, 07:22 PM) True, but then you don't get to have fun by swapping parts between figures...
If you think Revoltech is the only characters action figure brand that can swap parts, I would suggest you do a little more research on figma...and Nendoroid as well while you are at it.

I guess we best stop here...or we gonna be hijacking the BRS thread to become a figure discussion thread
laugh.gif

Wait, so will the character in the show be Miku playing the BRS or the BRS original character itself?

I wonder how they'll make a story for this.

BTW why don't they just outright make a Vocaloid anime adaptation?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back