Black Rock Shooter

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 04 2012, 11:01 AM)Is it just me or did they change the appearence of the maincharacters since I remember them looking different in the OVA, at least in their normal world appearance. But its not a surprise since the story is completely different too.
yup they have quite different design (except for BRS who looks almost the same), also from the parallel world each of them has a unique color and the only hottie enough is the red one Black Gold Saw... the positive aspect of the series is that there are more characters and story behind them unlike the OVA which makes it more interesting to watch, here go some pics comparing the cast of the OVA with the TV series:

Black Rock Shooter
697px-01.jpg
823px-BRS_2012_part_3.jpg

Mato Kuroi
650px-03.jpg
617px-Kuroi_Mato_2012_Art.jpg

Dead Master
697px-02.jpg
655px-DM_2012_Art.jpg

Yomi Takanashi
697px-04.jpg
661px-Yomi_Takahashi_2012_Art.jpg

Strength
259px-PirezeBlack_Rock_Shooter_Visual_Works_2_09.jpg
655px-STR_2012_Art.jpg

Yuu Koutari
697px-05.jpg
661px-Yuu_Koutari_2012_part_2.jpg

Chariot and her other self Kagari Izuriha (didn't appear in the OVA)
655px-Chariot_Art.jpg
661px-Kagiri2.jpg

Black Gold Saw (her other self is still unknown, probably one of the remaining cast)
661px-BGS_2012_part_2.jpg

Yes Black Gold Saw is the only one who really is hottie ^^ Looking forward to her.

Btw, why is she called "Black Rock Shooter" when she shoots blue energiy? Shouldnt she be called "Blue Energy Shooter"? Sure it doesnt sound as good, but at least it would make sense. But from the looks of the OVA and the first TV ep I guess they dont even want to make sense.
Black Gold Saw sounds strange too, since she has two colors in her name. Maybe that is Saya-sensei since she was wearing red. And it would fit since shes a hottie too.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 04 2012, 02:11 PM)Btw, why is she called "Black Rock Shooter" when she shoots blue energiy? Shouldnt she be called "Blue Energy Shooter"? Sure it doesnt sound as good, but at least it would make sense. But from the looks of the OVA and the first TV ep I guess they dont even want to make sense.
Black Gold Saw sounds strange too, since she has two colors in her name. Maybe that is Saya-sensei since she was wearing red. And it would fit since shes a hottie too.
hmm good question as they are arch-rivals who fought in the beginning of the OVA, originally BRS is the title of a song from Hatsune Miku and its music video portraits "a mysterious black haired girl who possesses a burning blue eye and a powerful cannon that can shoot rocks at high speed" so there you go... as for the main antagonist BGS she has a similar name "Black★" because both wear dark outfits designed with white stars but its reflected color is red just like her eyes burning in the right one a crimson flame (contrary to the protagonist's blue flame in her left eye), also her weapon is a very large curved sword with a golden saw-like back edge called King Saw
smile.gif

039.jpg

Can I watch the TV series without seeing the OVA, or should I watch the OVA first?

QUOTE (julezia @ Feb 07 2012, 10:22 AM) Can I watch the TV series without seeing the OVA, or should I watch the OVA first?
yup there's no problem but if you want to check the OVA meanwhile you can give it a try and compare with the first TV episode as the series will only have 8 eps, reason why it started so late compared to other winter season animes... so far from what I have been watching the BRS TV seems better than the OVA as mentioned previously, also the real world plot is taking a different turn and there is a bit more character development
smile.gif

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 03 2012, 09:49 AM) The first ep was just like the OVA. You dont know what happens and no one cares to explain. Its highly possible I drop this after ep 2.
I'm wouldn't be so sure yet after watching the second, Kagari is a really twisted bitch who isn't really disabled as she's obsessed with Yomi while blaming and hurting her not only mentally but even physically with a needle o_O ...she surpasses any crazy girl from all the series I remember in a very bad way, at least in Mirai Nikki the female diary holders can be lovely sometimes no matter if they are nuts but Kagari isn't cute at all though was great her alter-ego Chariot was decapitated by BRS so we'll see next episode if that affects her for good in the normal world
dry.gif

This is not such a great show but worth watching alone fore the creepyness and the emotional outbreaks this show has. They way Kagari freaks out is just totally awesome, even better than Yuno from Mirai Nikki (whos gotten really annoying lately).

So we finally saw Black Gold Saw for the first time now, but why wasnt there anyone in the hospital room when she appeared in the other world? Or was there someone? After all we didnt see what was going inside the room when she appeared. Could she be another personality of either Kagari or Yomi?

Given the way their hair grows in the mirror world, and that aside from Black Gold Saw, everyone we've seen so far with color-world counterparts reads that colorful world book... I wouldn't be surprised at all if Black Gold Saw is the school councilor.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 11 2012, 12:17 PM) This is not such a great show but worth watching alone fore the creepyness and the emotional outbreaks this show has. They way Kagari freaks out is just totally awesome, even better than Yuno from Mirai Nikki (whos gotten really annoying lately).
indeed so far BRS TV is alright keeping me interested enough, is worth to watch how the passive harm and verbal confrontations of the main cast mirrors the active damage and deadly battles in the surreal world... about Yuno's annoyance that's one of the reasons why I changed the ava and sig for Seventh, after all Ai and Marco fit better as a lovely couple for valentine's day so until it ends I'll switch other Mirai Nikki gifs for the rest of this month ^^ http://boards.fansub.tv/?showuser=19076

QUOTE (Norren @ Feb 11 2012, 04:19 PM)Given the way their hair grows in the mirror world, and that aside from Black Gold Saw, everyone we've seen so far with color-world counterparts reads that colorful world book... I wouldn't be surprised at all if Black Gold Saw is the school councilor.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 11 2012, 12:17 PM)So we finally saw Black Gold Saw for the first time now, but why wasnt there anyone in the hospital room when she appeared in the other world? Or was there someone? After all we didnt see what was going inside the room when she appeared. Could she be another personality of either Kagari or Yomi?
as you guys mentioned in your posts above maybe it's Saya-sensei telling by her outfit and redish eyes as I doubt her other self is Arata though her colors are similar, also looks like isn't necessary for the counciler to be close in both worlds as she told Kuroi to go and ask her anytime she needed help about her dreams or other stuff so while remembering her "good advice" she feels pain waiting for Yomi... taking that in consideration Gold Saw appeared just after Kuroi was thinking that Saya lied to her, which proves that painful thoughs are reflected in the alternate dimension as physical violence but that's only one of my conclusions ¬¬

Arata Obata
640px-Arata_Obata_2012.jpg

Saya Irino
611px-Saya_Irino_2012.jpg

After watching the second episode I'm not sure if I think this is a good anime. I did like some things but the whole concept seems tricked up to me. It's like they couldn't decide whether they wanted to have a school life drama anime or an out of this world battle anime. So they ended up saying why not do both at the same time. Some people may think this is a cool concept but it just feels awkward to me. I understand that when we're viewing the other world it's constant battling and they're (for the most part) trying to express the inner struggles of the characters in the real world. I found myself thinking that the Kagari in the real world is already creepy enough on her own and I don't need to see her crazy wheelchair battle in the other world. That's just one example and I suppose it just comes down to preferences. I'll give it another episode and decide whether or not to just cut bait then.

Okay all I can say is if anyone here watched the OVA then you can kind of get how things tend to play out here. Although, it's pretty much nothing more then a re-telling of what the OVA did but with a bit more dialogue here and there. That and some characters that never showed up in the OVA as stated before.

So I have to say that the quality is the same as the OVA so I see it as a very watchable series after seeing the second episode already here.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 12 2012, 12:42 AM) I found myself thinking that the Kagari in the real world is already creepy enough on her own and I don't need to see her crazy wheelchair battle in the other world. That's just one example and I suppose it just comes down to preferences. I'll give it another episode and decide whether or not to just cut bait then.
if you remember the OVA two years ago it's not like they couldn't decide as the surrealist world plays a major role with the outcomes on the real world and viceversa, as I mentioned previously I expected Kagari to change for the best after her other self Chariot was killed... just watched ep.3 and as many of you guys though now is evident that Gold Saw is Saya-sensei as she's manipulating the students feelings like Kohata's (sorry for the mispelling in the pic above) but I'm not so sure if she's the main antagonist, I think it's a twisted concept beyond who's good or evil and their actions are contrary to karma in a bizarre way
blink.gif

Ep 3 made it sure that Saya is Black Gold Saw. The way she manipulated Kohata was so great. Overall all her scenes, be it as Black Gold Saw (the way she was watering her followers was so hawt) or Saya are great. But judging from her crying in the last scene it didnt go the way she wanted it to.

Well with episode 3 it does look like Saya is pulling the stings with the dream sequence here and there, but to think that most of the school was laughing at her for confessing to a boy she liked. Although from the looks of it it seems that he was pushed into doing that since he was also embarassed that his classmates did something like that.
dry.gif

In any case it seems that Mato is trying to be friends with Yomi, but it look slike she's keeping Mato at arms length once she brings up her childhood friend around her at times. It's understandable that they were childhood friends, but to be honest I don't really understand why she would compare herself to her childhood friend though. I mean it seems like it's trying to compare a rookie with an all-star in a some sports though.
blink.gif

Regarding Yomi: Do remember she's lived a "single friend" existence since Kagari got in an accident. Not everyone transitions from one paradigm to another very well - now she has a new "friend" and still hasn't really mended the old tie to Kagari, and despite how badly Kagari treated her, they had a close as sisters best friends type relationship... and she clearly wants that kind of friendship with Mato.

Saya-sensei plays the kids like a fiddle, it's amazing.

This show seems to have the same "Faux-slice of life" mechanic that seems to be on the rise lately, but it's kind of interesting how the world of color and the real world both play off each other.

I suppose I should ask - is the color world in this Hazama, like in Huke's manga? I can't tell. The style is the same, but Huke's manga seems to have an entirely different story.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 17 2012, 06:54 AM)Overall all her scenes, be it as Black Gold Saw (the way she was watering her followers was so hawt) or Saya are great. But judging from her crying in the last scene it didnt go the way she wanted it to.

yup Rock Shooter ruined her plans again after she stabbed the Kohata of the other world and in reality erased her painful memories about the boy she confessed as she doesn't remember him anymore, something similar happened when she killed Chariot vanquishing the obsession and dependance of her other self on Yomi... about her was awesome how Saya-sensei manipulated her emotions as now she feels abandoned by her friends and mentally broken, the battle of Dead Master vs. BRS is about to start so lets see if the outcome isn't the same as the OVA but I expect it to be a more interesting conflict ^^

QUOTE (Norren @ Feb 17 2012, 08:59 PM)Regarding Yomi: Do remember she's lived a "single friend" existence since Kagari got in an accident. Not everyone transitions from one paradigm to another very well - now she has a new "friend" and still hasn't really mended the old tie to Kagari, and despite how badly Kagari treated her, they had a close as sisters best friends type relationship... and she clearly wants that kind of friendship with Mato.

now that Kagari is going to school and gets along with her new classmates looks like her old psychotic self is dead, I think so after watching her decapitated doppleganger was dropped to a deep pit by Strenght who finally made her appearence this episode... though I don't discard she could arise again sometime if Saya influences her hatred against Mato later, that said could be possible that Gold Saw uses Dead Master if she possesses necromancer powers to "revive" Chariot
blink.gif

So with episode 4 Yomi is having a mental nervious breakdown while it seems that Obata-san and Kagari kind of had sort of a mind wipe going on with the issues they went though. Although to top off Yuu wanting to be a good friend and become freinds with Yomi kind of backfired emencely it seems.

To think becuase Mato didn't know what to do and every time Yuu's name came up Yomi did get depressed she thought it might be a good idea for Yuu to become friends with her as well.

It feels like Yomi here is kind of showing sort of an Inferiority Complex or something like that.

Also, for some reason seing Dead Master looking like that is reminding me of what happened in the OVA... Well at least this time the BRS side is actually running parallel this time around intead of it jumping all over the place though.
tongue.gif

Interesting to see that one person gets sane again just so that another one breaks down ^^
But Kagari doesnt seem to have really changed in my eyes. She just stopped her dependance on Yomi, but shes still the same evil little monster as you clearly saw when she said to Yomi that she should let Kagari go. I just love it when people get destroyed with such an nice smile but such evil eyes.

This time around it seem as if Saya has succeeded, but we still dont know why she does what she does. Is it a complex from her own time in school or is she just a sadist? And will Mato ever find out that she is behind everything? After all BRS knows its BGS whos behind everything.

QUOTE (Norren @ Feb 17 2012, 08:59 PM) Regarding Yomi: Do remember she's lived a "single friend" existence since Kagari got in an accident.  Not everyone transitions from one paradigm to another very well - now she has a new "friend" and still hasn't really mended the old tie to Kagari, and despite how badly Kagari treated her, they had a close as sisters best friends type relationship... and she clearly wants that kind of friendship with Mato.

Yomi is an interesting case simply because she got out of such a single friendship dependent relationship with Kagari as you said. Now she has found someone in Mato who she craves attention from and wants to be her singular or most important focus so to speak. On one hand Mato kinda "feed the monster" by showering her with so much grandiose knight in shining armor type moments/feelings. So I'm sure Yomi thought that she was special to her and more so than any of her other friends. While Mato isn't purposely neglecting Yomi she's not quick to catch on to Yomi's gradual breakdown.

Take for instance in girl speak (when Yomi texts Mato), "You don't have to worry about me or come over," in reality it means the exact opposite. It did get me to thinking that sometimes girl's relationships are a bit more complex. Being a guy I've never stressed or worried about one of my male best friends hanging out with another male friend more than me. If the main characters were guys I wonder would this have played out like it has. Kagari is pretty cold blooded; she had me going for a while when she made those treats for Yomi and stood out in the rain for so long. Yomi got played line a fine tuned violin. Well after a scene like that it's no wonder Yomi had finally lost it. Although I do wonder if Kagari hadn't heard Yomi say she was glad that she had made new friends (not as dependent on her anymore) etc. would she have still acted the same?

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 26 2012, 04:02 PM)Yomi got played line a fine tuned violin. Well after a scene like that it's no wonder Yomi had finally lost it. Although I do wonder if Kagari hadn't heard Yomi say she was glad that she had made new friends (not as dependent on her anymore) etc. would she have still acted the same?
not only Yomi went nuts cutting her hair and attached part of it in the bracelet she made for Yuu as an indirect warning to stay away from her new best friend, as a result of her depression feeling abandoned by her friends almost everything in her bedroom was in shreds and fits well with her other self's death scythe o_O ...no wonder why her mom said "go home" in a rude way, Mato is too optimistic and was more notable while trying to change the sad ending of that bird tale with happiness but she's in her way to desperation thinking it was her fault as Kagari told her about Yomi's broken heart

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 25 2012, 06:27 PM)This time around it seem as if Saya has succeeded, but we still dont know why she does what she does. Is it a complex from her own time in school or is she just a sadist? And will Mato ever find out that she is behind everything? After all BRS knows its BGS whos behind everything.
I woulnd't be surprised telling by Saya's twisted advices and bait students nicely so I guess she thinks is right to "help" them to overcome their emotional wounds in a harsh way but at the same time she likes to toy with their minds, by saying "just kidding" after she was about to kill Mato and "there is a surprise in the art club" to see how Yomi painted her portrait just exposed her true colors... I wonder if it's her doing as well that people easily forget who is Yuu as she blamed Saya for Yomi's breakdown, after all Yuu is aware of the other world as she told Mato about her alter ego BRS and that she must kill Dead Master to save Yomi while risking their friendship in reality
blink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back