Bishounen Pics

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
And here are some choice pics from Shiuko Kano's Playgirl artbook:

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jul 20 2007, 10:00 AM)This tread will never get as high hits as the Ecchi Pic Thread.
*snickers* That's because fangirls (and fanboys of that orientation) are all going to aarin, not fansubTV, for this kinda stuff...

Knowing that this GetBackers anime artbook exists (yes, it's not fanart!) really made me enjoy the series all the more...
(I actually bought a poster of the pic with the stained glass window before I even knew what series it was from)

*hmmm, why don't I remember any scenes like these in the actual series?*

brown-fig posted some pictures from this game on the last page, so let's add some more. I love Carnelian's artwork, although I'd never seen one of her yaoi series before. Still good stuff!

Messiah by Carnelian

I perused through my file of screensaver pics the other day and found some (I think) worthy pics...

If anyone's interested, the manga titles should be in the pic names; if you wanna know where to find the manga (if not licensed), PM me...

A few pics from Sakurai Shushushu's Good Vibrations artbook:

I was so sad I couldn't post the cover, but... it's pretty racy. That's just how it is. Actually, a lot of the pics I couldn't post for that reason. *cough*

Pics from Youka Nitta - Kiss of Fire artbook and the 2005 Haru wo Daiteita calendar:

Ahh, with the legal problems the American licensor (?) is having, whatever will become of the Haru manga series (a.k.a. Embracing Love)? (not to mention, Viewfinder... *weeps*)

So for 2008, Youka Nitta made both of the boys their own calendars, just as if they were real actors:
Youka Nitta - Haru wo Daiteita 2008 Calendar pics- Iwaki

P.S. Why don't they sell calendars like these at my local B&N!?

Youka Nitta - Haru wo Daiteita 2008 Calendar pics- Kato

P.P.S. I mean, I'd buy one of each-- who could split up Kato-kun & Iwaki-san?

LOL....this thread is still going on. But if you notice that in a yaoi couple, one of the partners tend to be more girly.....I wonder if they have Klinefelter's Syndrome ??

Actually, the genetic disorder, Klinefelter's syndrome.....speaking of which a person is phenotypically male but their genotype generally has an extra X chromosome, i.e. XXY, XXXYY, XXXY are examples.
rolleyes.gif
What I'm wondering is that if this genetic disorder has been used as an "advantage" in yaoi or shounen ai material before ??
unsure.gif

Damn....come to think of it....that question would have been more suitable in the Yaoi thread...ah well.
wink.gif

As for why I am here or why I have this slight curiosity is nothing really....I don't mind yaoi but I don't really watch it and stuff....its just I don't really care.....the thing is...I can't stand yuri in fact...I don't know why but I tend to avoid same-sex romances in anime and manga.....hmmmm....I like my ecchi-harem-straight stuff the most!! XD
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 19 2008, 12:30 AM)LOL....this thread is still going on. Heck, yes! *Will keep it going, single-handedly, if need be*

QUOTE But if you notice that in a yaoi couple, one of the partners tend to be more girly.....I wonder if they have Klinefelter's Syndrome ??

Actually, the genetic disorder, Klinefelter's syndrome.....speaking of which a person is phenotypically male but their genotype generally has an extra X chromosome, i.e. XXY, XXXYY, XXXY are examples.
rolleyes.gif
What I'm wondering is that if this genetic disorder has been used as an "advantage" in yaoi or shounen ai material before ??
unsure.gif
Ummmm... no. Not that I've ever seen (and I've seen A LOT of yaoi). Actually, I've never even heard of that syndrome. I think it's more like, mangakas sort of falling into lazy/stereotypical hetero-stereotypes (i.e. a "feminine"-type character plus a "masculine"-type character)-- or sometimes, the uke is just younger than the seme. I think that's why I like mangakas who tend to draw both more "manly"-looking characters (sorry for the abuse of quotation marks!). But I'm not into bara, thanks.

QUOTE Damn....come to think of it....that question would have been more suitable in the Yaoi thread...ah well.
wink.gif
Bring it! That thread needs more love & attention anyways...

QUOTE As for why I am here or why I have this slight curiosity is nothing really....I don't mind yaoi but I don't really watch it and stuff....its just I don't really care.....the thing is...I can't stand yuri in fact...I don't know why but I tend to avoid same-sex romances in anime and manga.....hmmmm....I like my ecchi-harem-straight stuff the most!! XD
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Honestly, bring the yaoi questions... I have to say, it's very cool that you're so open-minded about it (i.e. you're not revolted/offended/bigoted about it, which is very cool and --unfortunately-- commendable for a straight guy, at least here in the U.S.). But, as you mentioned, please do bring it to the yaoi thread...

Randomness!

EDIT: I have no clue why that 2nd pic (the boys with the kittens) got the PhotoBucket "this image violated our terms of service" schtick (it's not even the most risque pic in that post, for god's sake). So I've re-upped it. If they delete it on me again, I can only assume that PhotoBucket is ANTI-KITTEN, and you've all been warned.

...And a theme (see if you can guess what it is):

I believe that last one is from a Peacemaker doujinshi (or maybe even fanart?). Unfortunately I can't remember where I found it *kicks self*. But I'm pretty sure that's Hijikata holding his... gun.

It's things like these pics from Hanamachi Monogatari (Legend of the Flower Town) (not to mention Lamento, which I would've posted if someone hadn't already) that make me think I really ought to figure out how to play all these lovely computer games...

So, the Bus Gamer OVAs are fair enough, but I'd much rather see Kazuya Minekura's other non-Saiyuki manga, Wild Adapter, made into a proper anime series. At least this one made it past the first few chapters!

...And, whenever the angst-factor of the Wild Adapter main story got too high, they could cut to a lighter Executive Committee episode (same characters [kinda], just relocated to a high-school setting).

About that last pic-- what (very little) I know about Naruto, I know from doujinshis about the 2 teachers. But somehow I get the feeling that the actually series is nowhere near as yaoi-tastic as those indicate.

That last pic is from the smexy new Giglio one-shot from Fusanosuke Inariya, mangaka for Maiden Rose-- which I'm very eagerly awaiting delivery of from Amazon. Can't wait!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back