Best Anime of Winter 2009/2010

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
I'm going to try something new this year based on suggestions from last year's "Best of" and as an inspiration by senpai-kun's Power Rankings, which we closed down last year.

At the end of every anime season, all TV shows that ended prior to the start of the next season will qualify for this little competition. I will try my best to list all shows as accurately as possible that qualify for each respective competition.

There are 11 categories each season:

Best OP Theme (be as specific as possible, so that your vote will be correctly counted)
Best ED Theme (be as specific as possible, so that your vote will be correctly counted)
Best Animation
Best Soundtrack
Most Enjoyable
Best Plot
Most Original
Best Character Development
Worst Show
Best Show
Best Seiyuu (Voice Actor/Actress) -- Note that a seiyuu cannot win more than one season during the course of the annual vote. Only after the annual vote can the seiyuu win yet again. A "win" in any season will automatically qualify the seiyuu into the final poll in December. If any seiyuu wins in more than one season, a relatively elaborate tie break process will ensue.

Some of you may recognize this list from the competitions held at the end of each year. The only difference is that I've removed all genres (action, comedy, romance/drama, etc...) due to not every show having the same advantage each season.

Moving on, the way this will work is each user will have the opportunity to rank up to their top 5 favorite series for each season. You can rank more or less, but only the top 5 in your post will be considered. Repeats will be ignored. If your post is unreadable, the vote will be disqualified. For the Best Seiyuu (Voice Actor/Actress) category, you may only vote your top 3. Only the top 2 seiyuus from each season will automatically qualify for the annual voting in December.

The poll will be open for a full month after each season ends and will end no later than the first week of the following month. e.g., if the anime season started April, then the poll will be open until the first week of May of the same year. Basically, during this month, you will be allowed to freely edit your rankings. All ranks are weighted the same, so whatever you rank at #1 will be the same at rank #5.

This poll is for shows that have ended prior to the regular airings of the Spring 2010 season. The following shows qualify for any of these categories:

-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (The Idiot, the Test, and the Summoned Beasts)
-Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra (Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra)
-Dance in the Vampire Bund
-Charady's Daily Hoke
-Chuu-Bra!!
-Cheburashka Arere?
-Cobra The Animation
-Cross Game
-Duel Masters Cross
-Element Hunters
-Gintama
-Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou (The Best!! Extremely Cool Student Council President)
-Hanamaru Youchien (Hanamaru Kindergarten)
-Hetalia Axis Powers
-Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu
-Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen (Inuyasha Finale)
-Jewelpet
-Kaitou Reinya
-Kiddy Girl -and-
-Kimi ni Todoke
-Kobato
-Kotatsu Neko
-Ladies versus Butlers!
-Marie & Gali
-Metal Fight Beyblade
-Nodame Cantabile Finale
-Omamori Himari
-Ookami Kakushi
-Penguin no Mondai
-Shugo Chara! Dokki Doki (Shugo Chara Party!)
-Sora no Woto (So-Ra-No-Wo-To)
-Tentai Senshi Sunred 2 (Astro Fighter Sunred 2)
-Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
-Weiss Survive R

The purpose of this is to lessen the strain when it comes to vote at the end of the year. The top 3 of each category for each season will proceed to the final poll in December of each year for the respective category that a series qualifies in.

FAQ:
1) Why aren't OVAs/movies/ONA/OAD/specials/etc... considered?
Due to the irregular airing pattern of these types of shows, it makes it difficult to provide fair competition, especially if an OVA decides to span over the course of several years (e.g. Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team). People forget this series or it could be vice versa. I may consider doing one specifically for OVAs and movies in the long-run, but not right now.

2) What about shows like Hetalia?
Shows like Hetalia and Yutori-chan will be considered exceptions as they follow a regular airing pattern despite airing for a shorter time frame.

3) Where will shows like Bakemonogatari fall? It took a year to finish!
Bakemonogatari finished prior to the start of Summer 2010, so it will compete with shows that finished airing after the start of Spring 2010 and prior to Summer 2010.

4) What about ongoing shows like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Kai, Pokemon, and One Piece?
These will not be considered until they completely finish. Naruto is considered separate from Naruto Shippuuden so the original Naruto series would have qualified for whenever it finished. Pokemon/Pocket Monsters, although finishes "specific" season, the episode count number continues directly so it is considered ongoing. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's is separate from Duel Monsters and GX.

5) OMG you don't have *Insert anime title here*! *Insert anime title here* should be #1 on every season! I'm going to put it down until you and everyone here agrees.
Welcome to the world of anime. Such and such anime is not the only good anime out there. It takes more effort for one to rewrite a post multiple times than for me or any other mod to delete it, so stop wasting your time with useless posts.

6) You forgot to list something on the list. Can I still put a vote in for it?
Any show that I or you are unsure of finished airing, I will search for it. If it does indeed qualify, I will add it to the list. I do ask, however, that you make sure that the show is not just listed under a different name.

7) Why is there a Best Voice Actor/Actress category, but not a Best Character?
Because FTV-League takes care of that...well, to some extent that is. If there is enough demand, this may come around in the future.

8) What if I have a specific question that hasn't been answered?
PM me or post in the thread. Spam will be deleted.

Have Fun!

*Note: These threads will eventually be moved to the anime section once we get on a regular schedule. For now, it is to reduce clutter of pinned threads.
This poll will close during the week of August 2nd

Putting it into a spoiler so that the list isnt too long (ok most likely the shortest which will be appearing here since I only vote for the for me interesting categories)

Best OP Theme
- Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra OP 02 - "Hoshisai no Ripieno" by Sasaki Sayaka
- Tegami Bachi OP 1 - "Hajimari no Hi" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OP 1 - "only my railgun" by fripSide
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OP 2 - "LEVEL 5 -judgelight-" by fripSide

Best ED Theme
- Tegami Bachi ED 1 - "Hatenaki Mich" by Himeka
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun ED 1 - "Dear My Friend -Mada Minu Mirai he-" by Elisa
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun ED 2 - "Real Force" by Elisa

Most Enjoyable
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Hanamaru Kindergarten
- Cobra The Animation
- Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra

Best Plot
- Kimi ni Todoke

Most Original
- Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
- Hanamaru Kindergarten

Best Development
- Kimi ni Todoke

Worst Show
- Dance in the Vampire Bund
- Chuu-Bra!!

Best Show
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Hanamaru Kindergarten
- Cobra The Animation

Interesting category would be Best Character in my eyes, or most interesting character, since Best Character or Best Development are two completely different things in my eyes.
And I dont think we need a Most Original category because it doesnt really need a vote for the 1 or two shows each season that are really original.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jul 03 2010, 12:30 PM) Interesting category would be Best Character in my eyes, or most interesting character, since Best Character or Best Development are two completely different things in my eyes.
typo on my part. It should be best character development

Best OP Theme
Pray by Tommy Heavenly6 - Gintama
Tooi Nioi by YO-KING - Gintama
Donten by DOES - Gintama
Only my railgun by fripSide - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Best ED Theme
Shura (修羅) by DOES - Gintma
Kataomoi (片想い) by Chara - Kimi ni Todoke
This world is yours by Plingmin - Gintama
Kasanaru Kage by Hearts Glow - Gintama
Speed of Flow" by The Rodeo Carburettor - Gintama

Best Animation
Gintama
Dance in the Vampire Bund
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Best Soundtrack
Gintama
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Most Enjoyable
Gintama
Kimi ni Todoke
Tegami Bachi
Hetalia Axis Powers
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu

Best Plot
Kimi ni Todoke
Tegami Bachi

Most Original
Gintama
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Kimi ni Todoke
Tegami Bachi
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Worst Show
Ookami Kakushi
Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra

Best Show
Gintama
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu
Kimi ni Todoke
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Best Seiyuu (Voice Actor/Actress)
Sugita Tomokazu - Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Kugimiya Rie - Kagura from Gintama
Sakaguchi Daisuke - Shimura Shinpachi from Gintama

Jeez! How hard was it to pick just five voice actors from Gintama!!!

Edit: It's considerably easier to pick just three as I can just go with the main cast.

Here is my vote :

Best Animation
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
Sora no Woto (So-Ra-No-Wo-To)
Ookami Kakushi

Most Enjoyable
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (The Idiot, the Test, and the Summoned Beasts)
Hanamaru Youchien (Hanamaru Kindergarten)
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
Ladies versus Butlers!
Ookami Kakushi

Best Plot
Ookami Kakushi
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Most Original

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Ookami Kakushi

Worst Show
Chuu-Bra!!
Kiddy Girl -and-

Best Show
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Best Seiyuu (Voice Actor/Actress)
Hiro Shimono as Akihisa Yoshii from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Hitomi Harada as Mizuki Himeji from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Rina Satou as Mikoto Misaka from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

I didn't vote for Best OP/END cause I usually don't pay attention to them ^^'

Best OP Theme
"Pray" by Tommy Heavenly6 - Gintama
"Donten" by DOES - Gintama
"Light Infection" by Prague - Gintama
"Hajimari no Hi (Day of Beginnings)" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D - Letter Bee
"Summer Rain" by Kobukuro - Cross Game

Best ED Theme
"Shura" by DOES - Gintma
"Kataomoi" by Chara - Kimi ni Todoke
"This world is yours" by Plingmin - Gintama
"Marukaite Chikyuu (Italy version)" by Daisuke Namikawa

Best Animation
Kimi ni Todoke
Gintama
Railgun

Best Soundtrack
Gintama
Railgun

Most Enjoyable
GIN-FRIGGIN-TAMA
Kimi ni Todoke
Cross Game
Hetalia Axis Powers

Best Plot
Kimi ni Todoke

Most Original
Gintama

Kimi ni Todoke

Worst Show
Ookami Kakushi
Chu Bra

Best Show
Gintama
Kimi ni Todoke
Cross Game
Hetalia Axis Powers

Best Seiyuu
Sugita Tomokazu - Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Kugimiya Rie - Kagura from Gintama
Sakaguchi Daisuke - Shimura Shinpachi from Gintama

I'll pick the main three too, although the whole cast is superb.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Aug 05 2010, 06:15 PM) I think your problem is that nobody knew this was going on. It either needs to be moved to the anime section or have a notice put on the main page.
yeah I kinda figured. I guess I screwed up this year then
tongue.gif

I'll just have to rework this system for next year. We'll just go with the original system for this year, but hopefully I'm a bit more organized for next year.

Well there's that and you kind of had it running during the FTV League as well so it was kind of hard to figgure out what was going on here.

Anyways good luck with next year's. Since it's anime related try and post it in the anime section since it might get more trafic that way.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back