Best and Worst of 2010 Results/Suggestions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
*Note: If you would like to make suggestions see the second half of this post.

Here are the results from the poll. As stated before, the votes are weighted based on how you ordered them. The numbering system is simple. The first vote counted as 2, the second as 1. Anything after that is 0. Next to each entry is total vote count received. The one highlighted in bold in each category is the winner of the respective category.

Best OP Theme:
  • "My Soul, Your Beats!" by Lia (Angel Beats! OP1) 20
  • "Highschool of the Dead" by Kishida Kyoudan and The Akeboshi Rockets (Highschool of the Dead OP) 7

[*]"only my railgun" by fripSide (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OP1) 23

• "Level 5 -Judgelight-" by fripSide (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OP2) 12

Best ED Theme:
  • "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" by supercell (Bakemonogatari ED) 18

[*]"NO, Thank You!" by Houkago Tea Time (K-ON!! ED2) 25

• "Brave Song" by Aoi Tada (Angel Beats! ED1) 16

Best Animation:

• [*]Angel Beats! 24
  • Bakemonogatari 18
  • Highschool of the Dead 20

Best Soundtrack:

• [*]Angel Beats! 23
  • Bakemonogatari 12
  • K-ON!! 11
  • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 12

Most Enjoyable:
  • Bakemonogatari 9
  • Durarara!! 13
  • Highschool of the Dead 8
  • Kimi ni Todoke 12
  • Seitokai no Ichizon 7

[*]To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 16

Best Plot:

• [*]Angel Beats! 23
  • Durarara!! 19
  • Kimi ni Todoke 19

Most Original:
  • Angel Beats! 17

[*]Arakawa Under the Bridge 18

• Bakemonogatari 15
  • Durarara!! 11

Worst Show:
  • B Gata H Kei 9
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund 8
  • Kampfer 10
  • Needless 3
  • Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi 7

[*]Queen's Blade 2 (Queen's Blade Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono) 11

Best Show:

• [*]Angel Beats! 20
  • Bakemonogatari 12
  • Kimi ni Todoke 13
  • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 12

Discuss.

Suggestions for Improvement:

Read to completion if you plan on making a suggestion.

Like every year, not everyone is happy about the results. Some are also "upset" about how the current voting system is ran.

As mentioned various times now I plan on revising the voting system quite a bit this year. In fact, this will go into effect immediately as the next poll will take place at the end of this month if not early February. The reason for this is to help make the oldest of the year more memorable and have a fairer playing field when it comes to the final poll in December. As result, there will be 4 new polls in addition to the final one. These 4 new polls will take place about a month after the end of each anime season.

From each of these 4 polls, the top 2 from each category will advance to the final poll in December, which will thus result in a greater number of choices in the final poll.

While I plan on keeping an overall similar system, I would like some feedback on how you would like to see the system changed.

Here is the plan thus far:

New features:
  • There will be an OVA and movie category. For movies we will follow the first DVD/BD release date available if not the first sub available. This will vary on a case by case basis.
  • There will be a Best Seiyuu category. This is essentially equivalent to best character but to prevent the insane amount of ties that could ensue, hence narrowed to seiyuus. Seiyuus that already qualify for the December poll will not allowed to be voted for again in any other poll for the remainder of the year.
  • Changed Best OP Theme and Best ED theme to Best OP sequence and Best ED sequence. This will apply to a show's animation video during the OP and ED themes in addition to the music. Let me know if you guys want the music and video sequence separated.
  • To prevent the biased results, users must now vote a distinct number of shows in order for their vote to fully qualify (i.e. no voting OreImo in every category and the only show). This only applies to the 4 polls throughout the year. I will decide based on the final results in December as to whether or not that will also apply there.
  • Most Underrated is also a new category. This will allow less mainstream shows to get a chance to shine. The shows that are eligible for this will be limited to a select few each season. I will determine what is eligible or not. If you think a show is eligible and I didn't list it, bring it up to me and I will make a decision.

Removed Features:
  • No more Worst Show since there is a lack of popularity in this category
  • Most Original category has also been removed since it overlaps too much with Best Plot.

All in all this raises the total number of categories to 10. I could probably add a ton of other categories but only unless the users are willing to vote in more categories and maintain the same pace. The same goes for you, the users, suggesting newer categories.

Anyways, please add more suggestions in this thread: Here

All plans will be finalized by January 26. As for when the actual voting will take place, I have no specific date as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back