Berserk (2016-17)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: BERSERK
Japanese: ベルセルク
Airing date: 1/7/2016 (2nd TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror, Romance, Military, Seinen
Original creator: Kentarō Miura
Director: Shin Itagaki
Written by: Makoto Fukami and Takashi Yamashita
Music by: Shirō Sagisu
Character designer: Hisashi Abe
Art director: Hiromu Itō (Kusanagi)
Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Editing by: Yuri Tamura
Studios: Liden Films, GEMBA and Millepensee
Network: WOWOW, MBS, TBS, CBC, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Inferno" by 9mm Parabellum Bullet
Ending theme: "Meimoku no Kanata (瞑目の彼方 / Beyond Closed Eyes)" by Nagi Yanagi
Insert song: "Hai yo (灰よ / Oh Ashes)" by Susumu Hirasawa

Main cast: Guts (ガッツ) voiced by Hiroaki Iwanaga
Farnese do Vandimion (ファルネーゼ・ド・ヴァンディミオン) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Serpico (セルピコ) voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu
Isidro (イシドロ) voiced by Hiro Shimono
Puck (パック) voiced by Kaoru Mizuhara

Casca (キャスカ) voiced by Toa Yukinari
Griffith / Femto (グリフィス / フェムト) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Skull Knight (髑髏の騎士) voiced by Akio Ōtsuka
Void (ボイド) / Narration (ナレーション) by Unshō Ishizuka
Supporting cast: Rickert (リッケルト) voiced by Minako Kotobuki
Godo (ゴドー) voiced by Takashi Inagaki
Erica (エリカ) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Silat (シラット) voiced by Yuichi Nakamura
Azan (アザン) voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto
Luca (ルカ) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Nina (ニーナ) voiced by Natsumi Takamori
Jerome (ジェローム) voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
Tapasa (ターパサ) voiced by Kōji Ishii
Mozgus (モズグス) voiced by Rikiya Koyama
Pv:

HP:

Synopsis:
Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces that pursue him and his woman, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength, skill, and sword, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's Macbeth.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 31 2016, 12:05 PM)This sounds sad and pathetic but it has taken me 4 years to work out what it is about Game of Thrones that rubs me the wrong way. Late last year I had the epiphany that Berserk is the original Game of Thrones and it all made sense. I have a love-hate relationship with Berserk. I was wayyyyyyy too young when I watched the original anime. It ended sooo horrifically with no resolution in sight. It was too much for my young mind to handle.

Even so...Berserk is one of those things where I am desperate for the end of the story. I cant read the manga because reading is a much more intimate experience than watching something and I just cant do it. So glad there is a new anime with new material. Been waiting maybe 14 years for it.also ep.1 isn't censored but, many manga chapters are skipped (flashbacks?)
sleep.gif

This sounds sad and pathetic but it has taken me 4 years to work out what it is about Game of Thrones that rubs me the wrong way. Late last year I had the epiphany that Berserk is the original Game of Thrones and it all made sense. I have a love-hate relationship with Berserk. I was wayyyyyyy too young when I watched the original anime. It ended sooo horrifically with no resolution in sight. It was too much for my young mind to handle.

Even so...Berserk is one of those things where I am desperate for the end of the story. I cant read the manga because reading is a much more intimate experience than watching something and I just cant do it. So glad there is a new anime with new material. Been waiting maybe 14 years for it.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 02 2016, 01:10 AM)I waited more than half my life for a continuation of the original anime series. I just cant read the manga. Reading is much more intimate than watching.

First episode...the animation and the way the storyboard came together was terrible but I guess these are the compromises we must make.because its studios are relying on 3D CGI so much, even more than Golden Age film trilogy (except in Guts' Memories)... unfortunately i got used to it after Ajin and Sidonia, still nice ep.2 recalling his 100-men Battle vs Holy Chain Knights
biggrin.gif

Will definitely be watching weekly. Now that I've had my "epiphany" that people seem to have worked out a long time ago... I cant help but see alot of Berserk in Game of Thrones.

Anyway, I waited more than half my life for a continuation of the original anime series. I just cant read the manga. Reading is much more intimate than watching.

First episode...the animation and the way the storyboard came together was terrible but I guess these are the compromises we must make.

It was an okay reintroduction to Guts but the story seems to start moving next week.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 2 2016,1:10 AM)Now that I've had my "epiphanyit's funny seeing that's next title previewed in Ep.3, after showing 3DCG topless Farnese almost raped by a mutant horse... At least Griffith back to the kingdom as cliffhanger was worth it, Casca too so i wonder if her "baby" will debut
blink.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 02 2016,01:10 AM)the story seems to start movingyup for me its Conviction arc felt slow at times, until Zodd and Skull Knight are back to warn the struggler Guts again... Now that he finally beaten Mozgus and Hell‘s Angels in ep.11, I can‘t wait for Millenium Falcon arc next (no star wars)
tongue.gif

On boy...the guy responsible for many personal nightmares I've had is reborn and pretty as ever.

I wished Guts could've murdered him right there and then but as this world continually proves only the wicked prosper.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Sep 16 2016,3:05 PM)Guts could've murdered him right there and then but as this world continually proves only the wicked prosperhis brand hurts when he's close to Griffith, nemesis usually dies until the end ;/
i can't help but laugh anytime "Hai yo!" starts, if Guts arrives saving the day
laugh.gif

Is this a continuation or a redo of the previous series? Or a slightly simpler question, can you watch this without watching the previous?

QUOTE (TNT @ Sep 18 2016,02:13 PM)a redo of the previous series? Or a slightly simpler question, can you watch this without watching the previous?as franzoir pointed you must finish the 90s series first, but I suggest its Golden age trilogy redo too especially 3rd movie... with important scenes that aren't in s1 and viceversa, yet a new arc will be aired until next year there's no hurry
dry.gif

Its a continuation from the original anime series. You cant watch this show without watching the original series or atleast the films that recap the original series.

franzoir said:
You cant watch this show without watching the original series or atleast the films that recap the original series.
talking about recaps the "new episode" 12.5, only a special show by 2 seiyuus...
at least now some scenes look better, BR/DVD maybe? hopefully next arc too :d

Berserk (2017): Millennium Falcon, Griffith's New Band of the Hawks Assamble!

TNT said:
All right guess I'm skipping it.
this arc got better starting with 2 eps, about his ex'hawks and Farnese's past :eek:

franzoir said:
On boy...the guy responsible for many personal nightmares I've had is reborn and pretty as ever.
what's worse is that not only zodd but now more freaks join him, way stronger than his old band aside Gats of course... so even with schierke since ep.16 he'll need any aid possible, no matter if weak new companions or a cursed armor b)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back