Been out of the game.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoScott

-san
Kouhai
Hey, I stopped fallowing anime around the time Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya came out on dvd/blu-ray, What have I missed?

The movie was great, Had no play in why I stopped.

hmm you have missed like a year or two then (the Haruhi movie came out last year in DVD/BR if I'm not wrong but probably it was shown in japanese theaters earlier like many films do before their year-later home releases over there), there have been many great series, movies and OVAs between 2010-2011, of course is up to you what genres and other aspects you like or you're interested to watch... for me these ones are my favorites which I suggest you:

Kamisama Dolls
No. 6
Gosick
Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works
Evangelion 2.22 You Can(not) Advance (after Evangelion 1.11)
Yumekui Merry
Fractale

Psychological, Life or Death challenges:
Kaiji Season 2 (obviously after you watch S1)
Deadman Wonderland

Gore and monsters:
Hellsing Ultimate VII and VIII (if you haven't watched from I to VI yet do it right now)
Blade
Kore wa Zombie desu ka

Superheroes:
Tiger & Bunny
X-Men
Wolverine
Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas

Slice of life, drama and/or romance:
Usagi Drop
Kimi ni Todoke S2
Colorful (the movie, not the ecchi series of the same name from many years ago)
Anohana
Yosuga no Sora

Sports:
Redline
Tailenders

Ecchi, weird situations and/or comedy in general:
Mawaru Penguindrum
Koe de Oshigoto The Animation
KissxSis
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira
Carnival Phantasm
Nichijou
Mayo Chiki
Working!!
Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
Dororon Enma-kun
Level E

QUOTE Sports:
Redline
Tailenders

That's more like sci-fi than sports, tbh.

Anyway, I never cared to watch any of the Haruhi sequels including Disappearance cause the series became a shameless cash-in, so I'm fuzzy on the timing. IMO, easiest thing you could do if you wanna "catch up" is go to Chartfag and glance through the preview tables for the seasons you've missed. Link: http://chartfag.wordpress.com/ Recommendations are nice, but it's always best to pick what you wanna watch yourself.

Once you've narrowed that down, it'll be easier to ask for opinions. Because, believe me, if we get 2 or 3 more people post a detailed list like Necro, we'll probably cover at least 90% of all recent series because of the large variety of tastes on this board.

Well ill toss in two must-watches from the past year that he missed, puella madoka magica and anohana. Jumps out heavily in my mind from last summer/fall tho, although I am going purely by memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back