Beelzebub

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JC-HoBz

-san
Kouhai
beelzebub-jp-1.jpg

Title
: Beelzebub
Genre: Comedy (Martial arts - well it's fighting!!)
Serialised in: Weekly Shounen Jump
Premier: Jan 2011 (Not sure if this is the OVA or anime)
Original Creator: Ryuuhei Tamura
Studio: Pierrot (Not confirmed.. i just got it off ANN news.)

Cast:

The advertisement lists the following cast members: Katsuyuki Konishi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Shizuka Itou, Aki Toyosaki, Tomokazu Seki, and Takahiro Mizushima.

Plot:

"Strongest juvenile delinquent" Oga Tatsumi, in the most random events, finds himself with the infant son of the Great Demon King and threat to humankind, Beelzebub. After being "greeted" by the baby's maid and caretaker, Hilda, it become obvious that Beelzebub doesn't want to leave Oga's side. With his close friend Furuichi and a bunch of other characters on hand, Oga now must raise baby Beel and prevent the world from destruction. -ANN

My Thoughts:

Well, it was announced there would be an anime on this very awesome manga in this weeks WSJ.

I really suggest everyone reading this.... It's one of the best Manga that is currently running in jump. There is currently 75 chapters out so the series should be great. I suggest anyone who likes fighting, ecchi and comedy to read the manga and watch this series.

P.S - Hilda is HOT!!!

yay.the manga is way better than naruto and some other jump shit. the only think i didnt like is the style of the art. they looks kinda square or somthing

Premier: 09/01/2011

60002.jpg

(Taken from Anidb.net)

Less than a week till it's released! This is probably going to be the best show this season, if they follow the posters from Anidb, then the animation quality would be good.

Anyways i'm gonna re-read the manga, because it's bloody awesome.

Also for those interesting in the following Genre should definitely watch it -
Comedy + Martial Arts + School Life

What the frick?

Well that was certainly weird. Always meant to read the manga, never got around to doing it. The pacing of the episode was a bit tiresome since the gags come thick and fast.

The gags itself were great though. I especially like the great demon lord's casual and lazy attempt to destroy mankind.

It was an above average episode but I can tell it has great potential. With teasers of grabbing children's naughty bit, I can tell the absurdity and hilarity is only going to
escalates as time goes on.

Definitely a keeper.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 09 2011, 06:49 AM) Always meant to read the manga, never got around to doing it. The gags come thick and fast.
You havnt read the Manga!? Read it now, its kinda the same as that edited quote but better!

Havnt seen the episode but im downloading now, really looking forward to it.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jan 09 2011, 03:16 AM) You havnt read the Manga!? Read it now, its kinda the same as that edited quote but better!

Havnt seen the episode but im downloading now, really looking forward to it.
biggrin.gif

Well to be honest, it was kinda below my expectations. I would have preferred it if they had followed the manga storyline, instead of adding a useless 3-4 minutes. THEN WE COULD HAVE SEEN HILDA JOINING THE FAMILY!!!!
mad.gif

I assure everyone, that next week episode will blow your mind away. Like to be honest the only part i loved was when Oga kicked the bird without thinking. There was WAY too much of Baby Beel's Thundershocks...

Overall i'm giving it a 8/10 (My expectations was 20/10).

But yeah franz, just read the first chapter since you have seen the first ep, but i really do suggest watching the anime first on this one.

Also another note, Hilda seems alot sexier in the manga.
sad.gif

A fun first episode. It started with a difference and due to that it kept me hooked. Oga with his traits was the best character until now. He had some surprises and doesn't seem to go soft suddenly. The baby was interesting also although the thundershocks should not be used so often. It gets predictable and in doing so starts loosing interest. The rest of the characters and scenes were nice (the demon lord who doesn't have time to destroy mankind was a very good scene
smile.gif
) but lacked the depth i expected. For example Hilda looked dangerous but seemed pretty stereotypical. I wonder if she ever gets closer to Oga..His arrogance and ideas of how to behave can give some wonderful scenes when conflicting with her pride. A pairing would be wonderful
laugh.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 09 2011, 05:37 AM) A fun first episode. It started with a difference and due to that it kept me hooked. Oga with his traits was the best character until now. He had some surprises and doesn't seem to go soft suddenly. The baby was interesting also although the thundershocks should not be used so often. It gets predictable and in doing so starts loosing interest. The rest of the characters and scenes were nice (the demon lord who doesn't have time to destroy mankind was a very good scene
smile.gif
) but lacked the depth i expected. For example Hilda looked dangerous but seemed pretty stereotypical. I wonder if she ever gets closer to Oga..His arrogance and ideas of how to behave can give some wonderful scenes when conflicting with her pride. A pairing would be wonderful
laugh.gif

Believe me, next week, you will love Hilda + Oga. And i reckon anyone that watches that scene next week will keep people watching the show even if it's not to their liking.

I bet all the people who have read the manga are waiting for it. Because it is hilarious.

Hmm what to say. It was certainly nice but I was already bored after the break. They somehow only did the same. Oga does something and gets shocked, Oga does something and gets shocked and so on.
Only really great thing was Hilda, whos so damn hot and the female deliquents from the OP. Im looking forward to them, since its pretty rare to have female deliquents.
And Oga going around beeing badass was nice too, but I didnt really like the scenes with Beelzebub. And since this show is about him I dont think it will get better than maybe 7/10.

I think without the Demon/Baby stuff it would be better. You know a real Deliquent fighting anime like the Worst-, Crow- or Shonan Junei Gumi-mangas. Especially since there arent animes like that, or at least I dont know any except the one from Crows and Shonan Junei Gumi. But those are only a few eps.

@JC: What Hildas even hotter in the manga oO Cant picture that.

QUOTE I bet all the people who have read the manga are waiting for it. Because it is hilarious.
Yep
biggrin.gif

QUOTE @JC: What Hildas even hotter in the manga oO Cant picture that. Yep, damn straight i am, i said it on the first page of the manga thread and i still think it now.

I read on a blog that there was about 8-10 minutes of filler in the beginning of the episode. I read the first chapter but a long time ago so I don't really remember it well, but maybe thats why I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the manga. WHY did they do that? Why does Studio Pierrot insist on inserting filler into any adaptation they do?! Baby Beelz shocks were becoming a tad bit redundant by the end of the episode.

Still I will keep watching it, because I know it will get better unless Studio Pierrot really messes it up. I like Hildegarde and Oga's comedic chemistry. And the part with the Demon Lord not having time to destroy the humankind... that was priceless
tongue.gif

Terrible. Didn't find this funny. Baby Beelz's gags were old and predictable for me the first time, and the repetition didn't make it any better. Don't much care for the art style either. Won't be watching anymore of that.

This may well have been best left as a manga.

I really didn't find this one all that great. There seems like a decent premise but I have to agree with the earlier comment that I think it could be much better by taking out Beelz and just making it a show about delinquents beating the shit out of eachother xD
The whole thing with Beelz's shocks got old after the first time and was rather irritating throughout the episode. The only thing that gives me hope is the final scene where he incinerates the tower...

I guess I'll try a couple more episodes and give it a chance, but I'm not expecting much at this point other than overplayed gags.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Jan 11 2011, 10:26 PM) I really didn't find this one all that great. There seems like a decent premise but I have to agree with the earlier comment that I think it could be much better by taking out Beelz and just making it a show about delinquents beating the shit out of eachother xD
Thats just how the anime is putting it across. The manga at the end of the day is delinquents fighting each other, Be'el is only really in their as twist to an standard theme as it were. The shocks are few and far between in the manga. Please dont let this little annoyance put you off the anime.

Having just seen the first episode, I will say that for a really hyped up show prior to the start of the season, it simply did not deliver. For a shounen action show, it's pretty sub-par. Beelzebub is just plain annoying for the most part and while Oga is hilarious, the story has no real direction. There's no clear cut antagonist he's really fighting compared to other shounen shows when compared to other recent titles like Bleach, Nurarihyon, and other shows of the same genre.

The art is quite good but the animation is cheap coming from Pierrot. Most of us have seen what Pierrot can do through Bleach, Yumeiro Patissiere and Tegami Bachi, and this was certainly lower than I had expected from them.

Music wise, the OP was pretty bad while the ED is at least decent. The voice cast didn't stand out all that much for a decent seiyuu lineup, but it may be too early too tell.

Enjoyment? I was actually rather bored. I came into this show with a relatively low expectation seeing as this was "the show" that everyone was waiting for this season surprisingly. I'm not all that surprised it came out this way though since Norihiro Takamoto, the director of 07-Ghost, Starry Sky, Moegaku 5, Ookami Kakushi, Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~, and a few others, is directing this show. If you've seen any of those titles, then you probably can see where I'm going with this. This show's potential is actually lower than one think it is. Pretty much all the shows I've listed directed by this guy are at best mediocre if not just flat out bad. After over 10 years of directing, he still hasn't directed a solid show and given his recent trend with 07-Ghost, Starry Sky and Ookami Kakushi, things are looking rather grim for Beelzebub unfortunately.

Preliminary Expectation: Medium
Preliminary Score: 6/10

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 12 2011, 09:18 PM) the story has no real direction. There's no clear cut antagonist he's really fighting compared to other shounen shows when compared to other recent titles like Bleach, Nurarihyon, and other shows of the same genre.
Do you really think everything should be delivered in the 1st episode. Not everything needs to have the bad guy/gal be introduced straight of the bat. Maybe its because ive been out of the anime scene for awhile but i always thought its nice to have stuff revealed over time and not always in episode 1.

I watched it and enjoyed, yeah the eltro shock attacks were a funny as they were in pokemon, and yes my enjoyement probably has a tinge of knowing what is to come and looking forward to it.

I havent finished watching the first episode, as certain circumstances prevented me from seeing it till the end (like my mom bugging me to help her with housework, or was it lunch time?) Either way, I actually thought this anime would go down a slightly different road. Not thaT I mind fighting scenes, if I did, I wouldnt be watching Bleach, Naruto & co. But if there wont be anything substancially better in the next episode, this might turn into a disappointment. Hmmm, I also felt annoyed by Beels lightnings, especially since they came rather ramndomly at times. Sometimes I felt he is punishing his babysitter for nothing or just for the fun of it. As for the pretty babysitter girl.... since I am not a guy, this wont make it up for me, so I am still hoping this anime will turn out interesting.
For the time being, I will wait couple of epis and wait for some more feedback from others.
smile.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jan 12 2011, 01:57 PM) Do you really think everything should be delivered in the 1st episode. Not everything needs to have the bad guy/gal be introduced straight of the bat. Maybe its because ive been out of the anime scene for awhile but i always thought its nice to have stuff revealed over time and not always in episode 1.
No, but I hate it when shows wander aimlessly for a handful of episodes before getting into the good stuff. The only exception to this are Baccano and Durarara!! but that's because they had a different sense of storytelling. This is where Tegami Bachi had a huge flaw last year and lost most of its audience because the development was horrendously slow.

QUOTE I watched it and enjoyed, yeah the eltro shock attacks were a funny as they were in pokemon, and yes my enjoyement probably has a tinge of knowing what is to come and looking forward to it.
LOL that was basically what was going through my head every time I saw Beelzebub IV produce electric shock. Reminded me of episode 1 of Pokemon

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 12 2011, 06:32 PM) This is where Tegami Bachi had a huge flaw last year and lost most of its audience because the development was horrendously slow.
Dont you read Bleach?

Anyway, the electric attacks need to stop now. With the synopsis of the show I never expected this to be a standard shounen anime. I expected it just to provide me with laughs and thats what it does.

The family situation was just priceless. Usually, protagonists conveniently dont have a family or are living alone. The fact that Oga has to make these extraordinary circumstances fit in with his ordinary life adds an extra dimension. My favourite part was when Oga says Hilda is a demon and the father snidely remarked "yes she is your wife to be." Haha! Also, I mean when the transference man came and entered the bathroom, I was like seriously dude, wtf.

However, the frustrating parts of BB is when it tries to resemble a mainstream shounen manga like Naruto or Bleach or w/e. Im not really interested in the delinquent parts, which just seems like a half-assed excuse to have action. I feel those parts are quite tiresome and unsuccessful. So far anyway.

My favourite character however has to be the Great Demon Lord himself. He is way too casual. I hope he gets more airtime, he sounds like a blast.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 16 2011, 03:37 AM)
The family situation was just priceless. Usually, protagonists conveniently dont have a family or are living alone. The fact that Oga has to make these extraordinary circumstances fit in with his ordinary life adds an extra dimension. My favourite part was when Oga says Hilda is a demon and the father snidely remarked "yes she is your wife to be." Haha! Also, I mean when the transference man came and entered the bathroom, I was like seriously dude, wtf.

My favourite character however has to be the Great Demon Lord himself. He is way too casual. I hope he gets more airtime, he sounds like a blast.

That was indeed the best about episode 2. The way that Hilda and Beel were introduced into the family was fun. Hilda is a lot better than in the first episode. Hopefully we get some complication scene with Oga's family. The shiki part was also fun. Oga's father and Hilda thinking about different things. I wonder if they are going to do some ceremony of marrying Oga and Hilda in the future??
I am also wondering about that one question: where is Hilda sleeping?
The great demon lord may be the funniest side character in this series. He really seems to be very lazy...
The rest of the episode was nice but the delinquent battles are somewhat boring in a way. They never give the feeling that Oga may lose.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back