Bamboo Blade

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
According to moonphase diary, Totsuka Masahiro’s and Igarashi Aguri’s manga Bamboo Blade will be getting animated for this autumn.

BAMBOO BLADE

Premier Date: Autumn 2007
Genre: Seinen, comedy
Animation Production: AIC A.S.T.A
Production: BAMBOO BLADE Partners (for complete list of staff and producer: click here)
Synopsis (from Densetsu Shoujo):
It talks about Ishida Toraji’s struggles of being a broke kendo instructor. He takes on a challenge proposed by his senior and if his team wins, he’ll be able to eat free sushi for a whole year. Now he’s in desperate need of finding talented kendo team members and soon comes across a few cute girls who just might join his club.

Manga Covers:

I have seen a lot of fighting or sport anime, but I haven't watch any kendo anime before. Might be another interesting one.... Although the reasoning is a bit *stupid* (eating sushi for a whole year), but if they included some cute girls this might be another strong point...
wub.gif

QUOTE (jul10 @ Jul 19 2007, 09:05 PM) but if they included some cute girls this might be another strong point...
wub.gif

Nah i wouldnt be another strong point all the other poinbts would become strong ones and the 'Cute Girls' point will be THE point of watching, (Who knows i might even be able to clam one before JC
ph34r.gif
)

But ive always been interested in Kendo itself so that will be a second reason to possibly watch it
smile.gif

I think I'll try out this series. Cute girls and kendo...something i've never seen before, but kendo is at least a sport i'm a bit more interested in. And since I'm not really a fan of sports anime that matters a lot. Only thing I'm concerned about is the animation production company. They also did Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ and I didn't really like it's animation. They also did GUNxSWORD, which is the only other series I've seen some of that they produced and I liked that animation a lot better than Tokimeki, so hopefully it will lean more towards GUNxSWORD.

So far based on looks alone my favorite girl is the one from the Vol 4 cover.
biggrin.gif

Now this is one serise ive gotta see, cute girls and kendo should be fun to watch
laugh.gif
And its showing in autum, which is when i can hopefully attempt of my ikkyu grade in kendo, however it involves traveling halfway down the country though, and im not realy sure how id get there
sad.gif

Girls+kendo=WIN
biggrin.gif

WTF!!! No......just coz I was away for a bit....I read this manga as well...downloads at lolipower.....bah..I wanted to make this thread.....hmmm, its only got about 3 volumes scanlated and about 4 or 5 volumes released in Japan...I'm guessing it would be about 12 or 13 episodes...actually it probably will be since its airing at October 2007.
wink.gif

But in general its very average...not that funny but the drawings for the manga are good.
wink.gif

Hmmmm, I ain't expecting much from this but its great in another way.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jul 19 2007, 11:05 PM)
Hmmmm, I ain't expecting much from this but its great in another way.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah but in many cases you dont watch anime for the plot or Comedy, you watch it for your personal and evil desires involving the cute girls
smile.gif

I mean who doesnt want at least one of the girls form the covers ?

Well putting aside the fact that the plot sounds terrible. The strength of this anime will most likely come from whatever mix of comedy and kawaii moments they can come up with. So in theory this may actually turn out to be a brilliant plot when it's all said and done. Now that is the optismistic line of reasoning but sometimes you have to go down that route when umm the plot generally sounds like it sucks XD. So umm hooray for kawaii girls!! That can be the rally cry for this anime they should hire me to do their promotions...

I've never heard of the manga before, but it seems like something I might try. Although it isn't under the action category, I'm hoping there will at least be some action in the kendo fights. And like jul10 said in the first post, I haven't seen a kendo anime before, a sword fighting like sport as an anime should at least be sort of interesting.

And does anyone else think that the girl in the first volume cover kind of looks like Nodoka from Mahou Sensei Negima?

I will probably check this one out. Artwork looks promising and any show that has girls kicking a$$ and taking names is a good in my book. I'll probably check and see if I can find the manga so that I can read it before I watch the show.

Plus, the title just sounds nice, Bamboo Blade.
biggrin.gif
I hope the girls are really tough. I want to see more shows where girls don't need constant rescuing but can hold their own.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ChronoLegend @ Jul 22 2007, 10:08 PM) I've never heard of the manga before, but it seems like something I might try. Although it isn't under the action category, I'm hoping there will at least be some action in the kendo fights. And like jul10 said in the first post, I haven't seen a kendo anime before, a sword fighting like sport as an anime should at least be sort of interesting.

And does anyone else think that the girl in the first volume cover kind of looks like Nodoka from Mahou Sensei Negima?
Now that you mention it Chrono she looks strikingly similar well if you ever wanted to know what would happen if Negima went kendo I guess now you have your answer XD. Oh and DSL-loli I'm 100% with you about the girls being able to hold their own. It can be kawaii the first time when the girl is all shy holding her kendo not quite sure what to do with such a large pointy stick...uh-hum anyways so yeah it can be annoying the second time when she doesn't quite know what to do with the stick...it's kinda like figure it out already it's all about how you use your hands...and hmm lost my train of thought...I'll let this go for now...

I haven't heard much about this one but I watched the first ep anyways and was pleasantly surprised. I actually care enough to be anticipating the next ep.

well the first episode wasn't bad so I'll keep going with this anime
biggrin.gif
I like the Sensei he's really funny though a really sad person... I mean betting over such thing
biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting. This shows some promise. I read a bit of the manga but only like the 1st chapter so all thats happening is new to me.

The girls all seem to be cute so far but Tama-chan is proving hard to profile. Could she be one of those unique female anime characters that don't confirm to one of the usual stereotypes? Just maybe.

This isn't my usual style of anime but the Kendo aspect of the story intrigued me so I decided to give it a go. So far it would appear that Ishida Toraji is a considerable failure as a teacher. Chiba Kirino's enthusiasm is an amusing counterpoint to his self-obsession. It will be interesting to see if Toraji develops as a human being as the show progresses or simply remains a self-centered and comic failure. Will he try to win his bet at all costs or will he start to be concerned with the welfare of his students? Kawazoe Tamaki's expressionlessness reminded me of Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I wonder if she will learn to express her emotions and make connections with others. Her sense of fair play is certainly a point in her favour.

It was absolutely hilarious when they met Eiga Danjuro's girlfriend, Miyazaki Miyako. The disbelief and outright shock displayed by Toraji and Nakata when they meet her, "You're friggin' kidding me", is all the more amusing after their extended discussion regarding what kind of girl she could be. Even beautiful girls don't always go for the jocks!
laugh.gif
I will be watching the next episode because I can't wait to see what happens when Tamaki fights Toyama. I hope that justice prevails and she flattens the bully thoroughly humiliating him in the process.

Overall, this looks to be a fairly lighthearted comedy.

The Anime News Network noted that there will be 26 episodes so that will give plenty of time for character and plot development.

well, girls that can fight and hit you with bamboo sticks can be very life-threating to your life, i do not want to mess with them even if they are cute looking becase they can dish out alot of pain, that i don't think anyone needs right now, i allready feel sorry for any useless male that will indeed get in their way!!! this is another anime that i will be following in the Fall 07 Anime Season!!!!

Haha, i loved the first episode, Tama-chan is just awesome not to mention cute, incredibly strong, and the way she doesnt show any emotions at all does remind me of Nagato.

The disbelief in Toraji and Nakata was just so funny when they met Eiga's girlfriend, i guess it is kinda hard to believe a Stunning girl like Miyazaki would be going out with a guy like Eiga.
unsure.gif

Well. I'll definitely be watching this series to the end
smile.gif
as for next episode i hope Tama-chan teaches that bully a lesson
mad.gif

Wich do you think is stronger, sensei or tama-chan, Im hoping sensei cause that'd be soo cool if she'd finally found someone stronger than sensei

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back