Bakuman

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 19 2010, 09:52 PM)
Well I kinda stopped reading when Natural and Crow merged.

I mean I felt the manga itself was just like repeating and going on circles, so I got bored.

Did it pick up it's interesting pace again?

I'll re-pick this up and start reading again.

And really, barely anyone post on the manga forum.
sad.gif

LOL Me and JC told you to pick it up again and see what you think of it, personaly ill never drop manga, since if it liked it to begin with then there is every reason ill like it again. So ill read Bakuman regardless.

I think its interesting but the pace has kinda slowed down as far as time goes, but there is still a fair but happening in each chapter.

Yeah i know no one posts, ive been trying to encourage people to post here for around 3 years now yet very few do other than the usual suspects. And even then only about 3-4 threads are active anyway, the other threads which are 'active' are usualy just kept goign by the 1 poster. Its just the way of things i suppose. I kinda hoped that with the anime adaption this thread would get more livily but that didnt happen but at least TWGOK has got some life in it thanks to the anime
smile.gif

Yeah I'll repick this as soon as I catch up to Rosario + Vampire.

BTW I notest your title is Shaman King.

>..>

I'm jealous. did you get around to reading Kanzenbang already?

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 23 2010, 07:26 PM) Yeah I'll repick this as soon as I catch up to Rosario + Vampire.

BTW I notest your title is Shaman King.

>..>

I'm jealous. did you get around to reading Kanzenbang already?
Yeah i read it over a year ago, its my fav series both anime and manga, also read all the tie in, and the first chapter of Shaman King Flowers, im a Shaman King nut, i have both the dub and the sub on my hard drive. Yeah im an addict.

Bleh thats a terrible series *yuck*, but i look forward to when you re-pick Bakuman up since it will be nice having another poster in this thread
biggrin.gif
I hope you enjoy it.

Rosario + Vampire is cool bro.

Yeah the anime was a utter piece of garbage. Hell I can say the Gantz and Claymore anime seem like a 10+ compared to the anime, but the manga is real good.

And yeah, flowers only has 1 chapter out, and there is also Onsen Funbari which is basically the after years.

Let me stop de-railing the topic. >.>

I should be on track with this manga by monday. Saturday if I don't do nothing for thanksgiving weekend.

Anyway I decided to just re-read the whole thing.

Now maybe you know Hiasubi, since you like One Piece as well.

In chapter 11 on page 11. When they go into the Shonen office with Hattori. There are 2 One Piece poster. One is obviously Luffy, but who is the other one?

Does it have any meaning or just a random poster?

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 25 2010, 09:57 PM) Anyway I decided to just re-read the whole thing.

Now maybe you know Hiasubi, since you like One Piece as well.

In chapter 11 on page 11. When they go into the Shonen office with Hattori. There are 2 One Piece poster. One is obviously Luffy, but who is the other one?

Does it have any meaning or just a random poster?
Hahaha re-reading the whole thing again lol, thats dedication, lol, erm ill check later since im currently at the pub with my friends, so ill check when i get back and see if i can give you answer unless someone else answers before i get back.

But glad to see your rereading it though, hope you stillm enjoy it while you play catch up

Well I am glad I am not the only person who re-reads mangas.

Hell I have read Ichigo 100% like 9 times now.

Well i would of said Zoro because it looks like his bandana, but im not sure, it might not be anyone, but going off the bounty it would have to be a Supernova, but I dont know, think its just their for the sake of having a wanted poster. Could be wrong though.

And yeah ive re-read Ichigo 100% numerous times, mainly because its brilliant and i think its a classic Shounen Romance, thats done right, plus i love the mangaka
biggrin.gif

Yeah I tough zoro as well, but then the bounty doesn't make sense. Since luffy has 100k and at that point zoro had a 60k bounty. Anyhow maybe we are just being way too exact.

Also why were you on a pub at thanksgiving. Shame on you hiasube!

Oh and I can see q beautiful friendship if you can appreciate ichigo .100% that best manga ever

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 26 2010, 03:39 AM) Yeah I tough zoro as well, but then the bounty doesn't make sense. Since luffy has 100k and at that point zoro had a 60k bounty. Anyhow maybe we are just being way too exact.

Also why were you on a pub at thanksgiving. Shame on you hiasube!

Oh and I can see q beautiful friendship if you can appreciate ichigo .100% that best manga ever
Because im not American, so thanks giving doesnt apply to me
tongue.gif
Oh and call me Hia, its easier and most of my friends do.

Yeah we are probably being way to exact, since i think it was meant to showcase Jump more than anything and hold no real meaning. Thats what i thinhk anyway, probably wrong though.

Well i wouldnt say its the best manga ever since i hold my Shaman King bias, but i will say its one of the best Shounen romances around, since its awesome
biggrin.gif

Bleh i hate waiting for the new chapter of Bakuman, i swaer if its possible to break the refresh button i will.

Umm. I dont think we are overthinking to much now. The author of Bakuman is being really spot on with his references.

I mean in chapter 12 when Mashiro is copying battle mangas, you can see a Goku panel when he is charging. That part is clearly when he is fighting Freeza, and then on 13 when they are talking with Hattori, you can see in the back the Naruto picture that appears just right after the timeskip. With the younger Naruto next to the older Naruto.

I think the author is being really spot on with the references, which now is making me more curious to that wanted poster.

Anyhow, you can't help but like Eiji, pretty much same thing with all the characters on this manga.

Edit - Wait, discards those page numbers. I just realized that Auto Pager has been giving me chapters back to back without having to click next. >.> I was like "Wait, this is a 140 page manga?"

HAHAHHAHAHA I F**KING KNEW IT!!!!!!! Nothing feels as good as reading a great manga and your prediction is right! Hopefuly we can pick up the pace now, since i want this Love Festa to happen
biggrin.gif
But does this mean that the Oneshot will become a Ashirogi work or a Mashiro work since i thought the plan was that it was a Mashiro work, so with Takagi back in the fold, since Mashiro will ask for help, I wonder if Takagi will guide Mashiro like an editor or actualy help properly? Hmmmm

Still feel sorry for Hiramaru though, he went through all that, even had the name prepared, just to get foiled again
sad.gif

I dont really like Eiji too much, just think there are more interesting and funnier characters, Hiramaru and Yoshida being 2 of them
biggrin.gif

Ummm you are soooo far ahead. I'm on chapter 23, and the lastest I read was the merge of Crow with +Natural.

I do however like Fukuda and the cute girl, who's name I can't remember, a lot. Those two are my favorite characters.

Ohhh and the guy who does Otter 13. It's funny how they always manipulate him.

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 26 2010, 08:51 PM) Ummm you are soooo far ahead. I'm on chapter 23, and the lastest I read was the merge of Crow with +Natural.

I do however like Fukuda and the cute girl, who's name I can't remember, a lot. Those two are my favorite characters.

Ohhh and the guy who does Otter 13. It's funny how they always manipulate him.
Damn straight im far ahead, ive been reading since chapter 1 and havnt looked back, kinda felt old when i realised ive been reading for 3 years now though, that was a scary realisation.
biggrin.gif
And Hiramaru is the mangaka to Otters 11 and Yoshida is the one who manipulates him.

Well I like Fukuda even more now. He says his favotire mangas were To-Love-Ru, I"s and Ichigo 100%.

I have never read I"S. The art style was weird man.

HOLY SHIT THE ENDING OF 111 WAS GOOD!!!!!!

Like the first 17 pages were medicore and were like.. okay...

Then on page 18 and 19 i was blasted away with a massive smile of my face. It seriously came out of no-where. Like couple chapters ago i would have though it was possible for that sort of ending. But the first 17 pages made it look like it was over.

Seriously, i love it when the first 10-15 chapters are average then you get an awesome ending.

2cii2rt.png

Well I just finished catching up to chapter 111. 1950 pages is kinda a lot for 2 days of reading.

At first I was getting really pissed when they announced PCP was 13th and Rabuta 1st. I was thinking PCP would get the axe or something since it was being neglected for Rabuta and the One-Shot, but they did really surprised when Takagi came back all hyped up.

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 28 2010, 12:15 AM)
2cii2rt.png

Well I just finished catching up to chapter 111. 1950 pages is kinda a lot for 2 days of reading.

At first I was getting really pissed when they announced PCP was 13th and Rabuta 1st. I was thinking PCP would get the axe or something since it was being neglected for Rabuta and the One-Shot, but they did really surprised when Takagi came back all hyped up.
Get the axe? It seems abit erm excessive doesnt it? Just for coming 13th once seems rather harsh and unnessisary.

So you enjoyed playing catch up then?

Well if I went 1980 pages in 2 days, I am pretty sure I LOVED the catching up.

Kinda pissed how Aoki is getting less air time. : (

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 27 2010, 05:15 PM) At first I was getting really pissed when they announced PCP was 13th and Rabuta 1st.
Ummm.... wasn't that just Mashiro's delusion? I'm pretty sure Rabuta hasn't even gone to the serialization meeting.

But bad thing for you now Repede is you gotta wait weekly for the releases.
sad.gif

Well 1980 pages isn't that bad if it was any other manga like fairytail but Bakuman takes ages to read 1 chapter!

Like i remeber reading Kenji, Psyren and Fairy Tail chapters in less than 2 minutes and spending 5-10 minutes reading 1 chapter of Bakuman.

EDIT

Also as much as i love Bakuman manga... Does the anime seem alittle bit off? For some reason i'm on Episode 7 like 8 minutes through and somehow can't be bothered to watch it. Like i did like the first 5 or 6 episodes but 7 was way to boring.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back