Bakuman

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
same here. i totally i agree with everything you said. cant wait for mashiro and shujin to get back... its starting to get interesting.

i love the new chapter!

when i was reading, someone said in the manga that you cant just right anything thats cool or else people will start to lose interest.

it kinda reminds me of bleach. its a cool manga, but i hope it gets better. naruto on the other hand has nice story that gets interesting every chapter. lol.

Ooooh... Didn't realize we had a Bakuman thread here! One of my recent pleasures! >.>

I've really enjoyed the story thus far, really different from a lot of the other stuff I've read and it really teaches you a few things about what it's like being a mangaka in Japan.

I'd have to say though, that Nizuma Eiji has made the story for me so far. The whole love let's get married when we're successful bulcrap seems a little forced... it's not what keeps bringing me back every week. Why I keep reading it is because that crazy crow boy is funny as hell to read about. Who the hell makes all the sound effects and calls out like a crow while he's drawing?? Not to mention his mannerisms are all wierded out also... Definately an interesting character

QUOTE (anbu-black-ops @ Jan 24 2009, 06:22 AM)
it kinda reminds me of bleach. its a cool manga, but i hope it gets better. naruto on the other hand has nice story that gets interesting every chapter. lol.
From my opionin il have to disagree since i dont really think Naruto is that good at the moment, same with Bleach out of WSJ this is by far my fav manga at the moment
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kazin @ Jan 24 2009, 07:47 AM)Ooooh... Didn't realize we had a Bakuman thread here! One of my recent pleasures! >.>

Yeah this thread has been around not long after Bakumans start, but only Anbu posts regualry, i post when i can and this other member (sorry i cant remember you name) that posts in this thread so its barley noticable
sad.gif

As for this Chapter i realy enjoyed it, especially since we have a new charachter introduced in the Mangaka are giving us Fukada, Eiji and Muto, thats a nice crop if you ask me
smile.gif

I just hope Tamaki gets a good story going since as much as i want Mashiro and Tamaki to depart in the future to givce us a new plot line i dont want it to be this early into the story
smile.gif

So lets all wish Tamaki gets his brain into gear
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It's good that the author implied they will be sticking with each other.

But for some reason this chapter felt long to read. Maybe it's because there is so much talking and explaining. Like with other manga chapters they feel really short, but this felt really really really long.

I think this chapter was abit toned/slowed down. I'm not saying its bad but compared to the other chapters it didn't leave the mark.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Jan 31 2009, 12:58 PM) It's good that the author implied they will be sticking with each other.

I dont nessisarily think it implies that they are sticking together.

It just implied that he is there for Tamaki, and if Tamaki fails to come up with a name (which i doubt he will) then that will be the end of them, but its early days in there series so i cant see them splitting just yet.

Now i do like finding out about Eiji, Fukuda etc, but i want to know how Tamaki is doing with his name, so if next chapter doesnt show Tamakis side of things ill be kinda dissapointed...........

Alright I gotta thank Hiasubi for introducing me to this manga, or atleast thanks to the sig he has. Awesome manga read all the chapters thus far yeaterday, pondered today, I don't know what it is but eizimi ( I can just feel it in my bones im not spelling his name right) just makes me crack up everytime he read about him drawing. Again, Awesome manga, Im definitely gonna keep up with this one.

Now that i read chapter 24, i'm actually glad chapter 23 wasn't great. It made chapter 24 stand out alot.
I'm hoping it was just a little technique the mangaka did to make it more interesting.
Page 10 with Niizuma made me laugh soo bloody hard. His stance is like OMGWTF.

One of the best chapters i've read so far. And i HOPE that Shujin is willing to work together again. Because when he was in the park he kinda looked disappointed that Mashiro took the assistant job. Hopefully they get back together as if the break never happened.

yeah, i really hope shujin is alright. he did take it badly and blame himself for having mashiro work as eiji's assistant. he didnt know what mashiros purpose/goal when he accepted the job.

this chapter surprises me, cause they mention real mangas. its like this manga is based on a true-to-life-story. and its kinda controversial too, with the "jump manga topic". i wonder how the publisher react to this, when the mangaka was kinda criticizing how jump works.

also what they were saying in the manga was kinda reasonable - that they should rotate the mangas and all... those are nice ideas

another informative chapter. i didnt know that they rank the stories inside the jump manga from the most popular to the least popular. so that means naruto is popular right now since its in the front. wow~

when they were talking about a manga, where the story starts slow at the beginning and slowly builds it to become more interesting...that part...it reminds me of hunter x hunter. lol.

well they are brining up good points, I mean, all taht sounds just about right, cause I'm sure peer pressure is the same there as it is here. Granted comic books here really doesn't compare to the mangas in Japan.

I mean I used to hang out in a comic store not for the comics but the 2 arcades and playing Magic the gathering. Once in awhile a Star Wars game also. When firneds weren't there I would look though some comics but nothing really ever peeked my interest.

mx0 got cut because of ratings.... but that was prolly due to the fact that a lot of its fans were over here. like evryone saying this manga brings out a lot of good points... lol wouldn't be hilarious if the put it in jump. (if they haven't already) although, lmao the story almost explains why they wouldn't be able to put it into jump, but the author wrote death note so theres more doubt that jump wouldn't actually turn him down. Anybody know?

QUOTE (wantshuffle @ Feb 10 2009, 10:12 PM) mx0 got cut because of ratings.... but that was prolly due to the fact that a lot of its fans were over here. like evryone saying this manga brings out a lot of good points... lol wouldn't be hilarious if the put it in jump. (if they haven't already) although, lmao the story almost explains why they wouldn't be able to put it into jump, but the author wrote death note so theres more doubt that jump wouldn't actually turn him down. Anybody know?
All i know is that Bakuman is in Weekly SHounen Jump at the moment, and from what ive read the Manga volumes sale for it have been pretty decent
smile.gif

CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-14/japanese-comic-ranking-january-6-12

So accoring to that its doing pretty well, especcialy if you look at what it is up against there, i mean it also beat the Shaman King (by far my fav manga ever, i prefer it over Change 123 so that shows how mucvh i like it, hope the reprints get released US though since i want to own both endings) Reprints, Eyesheild was in that list

CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-21/japanese-comic-ranking-january-13-19

It fell in the second week, but 9th is still a damn good postiton in my opinion

As for how it ranks in WSJ at the moment im not so sure

Well yeah bakuman does really damn well compared to opponents that have all those kid readers -.- Bakuman is meant obviously to more elder readers who have time to read about manga and making it(and ofc thinkabout what they have read).

If I would have to categorize bakuman with some other series I would put it in same as Higaru no Go!(Its like one of the most boring games in the world and you can turn it into something awesome!) and GTO(well GTO still kicks ass no matter what but these both have some tiny prints and accurate pen work...).

I bet bakuman will get serialized also later because they cant just skip it. If you can watch ths type of manga as anime it will be so much smoother and mostly like GTO animation that was huge hit after turning to anime(most of the best stuff was left away imo but it was easier for bigger audience(ffs I hate its drawings,colours,plot changes but it still succeeded)).

If they still keep One Piece then they cant drop bakuman
happy.gif

EDIT: amg theres more initial D coming chief!

awww the 25 chapter was awesome compared to the last 4 ones.

Finally their manga will start moving forward and Miho had some panels also
happy.gif
I was getting bored on this learning from best and doing some novels but it seemed that it all was to lead things up for this ^^
Now I just cant wait another week for a next chapter because the next chapter will be sooooo coool

oh my god this sounds like death note!!! maybe not. but it might be based on it partially on how they come up with death note.

anyways, i was getting worried while i was reading this new chapter. i thought they would break up!!! all signs were there, i thought mashiro would make his own manga and shujin will be his rival... but i was relived to see the last page...

amazing chapter.

also something is really wrong with miho and mashiros relationship. i dont buy that crap miho wrote to mashiro. lol.

Miho has heartbreak written all over her, at least for Mashiro. There is going to be something with that strange guy at her agency, and he won't be able to trust her. But wow I never saw detective-ish manga coming(though I like detective mangas ).

As a person i consider myself a romantic, but this is just stupid, im sorry but how can Mashiro buy al that waiting untill there dreams come true crap. Im sorry, but i dont trust Miho at all, shes a shady character if you ask me

But to have them both working on a manga of rougly the same genre with out each others knowing, now that is just amazing but scary.

But i dont like all the signs that point to Tamaki and Mashiro splitting, i know ive been saying it as a plotline since the start of this thread, but i dont want it to happen this early. Plus it annoys me that it gets my heart beating every time i read it since im also dieing to know if they have split lol

Which is something i dont think an anime would get right, i cant see an anime delivering the tension this manga builds after each page.

But that was one of the best chapters so far
smile.gif

All though shouldnt there editor be happy with them now then? Since, he didnt want them to do a battle manga, and now it appears provided Tamaki can the name done they have a mainstream non battle manga
smile.gif

Roll on next week.

yea it woudl be a nice story if they would get togehter but, i dunno sort of a twisted way to love eachother. I can understand the whole giving it your all, but I dunno.

I mean I understand it, like setting eachother as the "prize" for achiving your dream, but then agian, if you cant ever make it for whatever reason be it your doing or fate itself, then really those feelings would go to waste. Sure its romantic is a sort of kind of way but really love is about growning and dealing with teh lows as well as the highs.

course to this coming from a guy who took 2 years to get over a 8 year relationship.

QUOTE (anbu-black-ops @ Feb 14 2009, 10:31 PM) oh my god this sounds like death note!!! maybe not. but it might be based on it partially on how they come up with death note.
too bad it wont be death not because they have allready mentioned it on earlier chapters(something how like its main stream, good or popularity...).

Still I think that manga Mashiro(was it mashiro cant remember any more -.-) will draw as final art work for cerialisation will be made as manga also. It would be also so like drawers...

Still thinking where does that Bakuman come? Bakuhatsu or from smt like that? Because they are kinda exciting personalitys with constant explosions. Also I wonder if they make manga Bakuman! what will it be like? There are still so many things left unanswered that it keeps exiting
happy.gif

holy carp that was a good chapter. just as has been said b4 i cant believe they both started working on the same different genre of manga. that was perfect. cant wait for the next chapter.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back