Bakuman

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ May 22 2010, 04:00 AM) Chapter 86 ending was seriously WTF to me.

That seriously crushed my heart.... i feel so bad for ashirogi.
Why? He said 'No.....' the elipses mean he isnt done speaking, so its not over yet
smile.gif
Plus i can't see them not getting serialised.

Plus they do have only there selves to blame though, yes they wanted to quit Tanto, but to go ahead and say they wont work for Jump is bad, so if they dnot get serialised and have to switch to a different magazine its there own fault. The Chief is right in that there too selfish and greedy.

Still i dont want them to fail, and i doubt they wont get serialised
smile.gif
Fingers crossed i guess
biggrin.gif

WOWOWOWOW Chapter 95 was so bloody awesome. I LOVED THE TEXTLESS ARTWORK!!!

And with Crow and Natural+ merging... i would not have ever saw it coming.....

Now that ending imo was awesome, i had been getting a little bored with Bakuman as of late, i just think PCP is dull. But that ending is interesting. I like the idea that a series would merge, i really do like that concept.

Awesome
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jul 23 2010, 09:46 AM) Now that ending imo was awesome, i had been getting a little bored with Bakuman as of late, i just think PCP is dull. But that ending is interesting. I like the idea that a series would merge, i really do like that concept.

Awesome
biggrin.gif

Yeah I thought it was only me that thought Bakuman was getting stale. It kinda lost it's original appeal, but I really want to see how they will play out the merge.

QUOTE (Repede @ Jul 23 2010, 10:37 PM) Yeah I thought it was only me that thought Bakuman was getting stale. It kinda lost it's original appeal, but I really want to see how they will play out the merge.
Well i dont think that it lost its original appeal but we have been through the creating manga process now a good 5 times at least, and it doesnt really change that much each time.

But this merge is a damned good idea on Iwases side of things, i mean it will essentialy bring fans of both books together along with new ones wanting check out this new awesome thing.

But the annoying thing is though that i can see PCP getting canceled since i dont see what they can really do with it, i mean Natural and Crow were consistanlty in the top brackets of jump without really trying, then they go for a merge. I mean serioulsy with such a bland story that Ashirogi have got i just cant see anyway for them to keep fighting Crow.

But dont get me wrong im a huge fan of Bakuman and i WILL defend it to the death but i do admit it has problems.

Has anyone read the 2 Bakuman sspecials?

Ive had the 2009 one downloaded for awhile and just downloaded the Otters 11 one and finaly decided to read them both.

The 2009 i actualy thought really was hillarious. Its only just 4 panels but its simple genious. I like that the EiC practicly turns into a manga popularity obssessed crazed lunatic lol. His face in the last panel is brilliant.

The Otters 11 one i thought was absolutley brilliant. Ive been wanting a chapter of mangas from Bakuman since it started and i finaly got one, and by my fav mangaka Hiramaru no less. I was happy as a little bee.

Plus its awesome i lie that fact that there are numerous people called Yoshida and they really look like Yoshida too, i thought that was absolutly brilliant. Plus the story was pretty good too, just like Otters 11 seems to be.

Cant beleive i only read the latest chapter 5 mins ago, stupid assignment deadlines.

Im really enjoying this side story with Shun, since ive always liked how society views comics and manga, since at then end of the day it IS an art form, but people do just see it as stuff for kids and nothing serious or a proffesional job, so this story really interests me. I especialy liked it when Shuns mom made the comment about Manga being nothing more than fun and scribbles, since that must of really offended Muto, Saiko in particualr since he overworked himself into hospital and cancelation along with the whole thing with his Unlce so that must of really hurt him. Plus the more it goes on the more i find Shun a likeable character
biggrin.gif

But regarding the main story, i think Saiko will have his own series more fitted to jump/anime, although i think it will be a short one. But even them im not so sure since i get the feeling that Saikos desire for an anime will override his want for success as a mangaka. And make him lose interest in PCP and focus on his own especialy if Rabuta and Peace becomes a hit.

I just dont think Takagi will stay on the series, i really can see Mashiro joining Akino on the one shot since she needs an artist. Which i think she will see as the perfect way to beat Takagi since if that one shot does well using his artist to her it will be a total victory.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Oct 22 2010, 10:49 AM) I just dont think Takagi will stay on the series, i really can see Mashiro joining Akino on the one shot since she needs an artist. Which i think she will see as the perfect way to beat Takagi since if that one shot does well using his artist to her it will be a total victory.
AHHAHA i was thinking the exact same thing with Akina and Mashiro doing a one-shot together.

But i feel bad for Hiramaru and Aoki having to go against Nizuma and Mashiro.

Did you also notice this is somewhat kinda happening in jump right now? There was Bench! by Masashi Kishimoto, Bankara by Hideaki Sorachi and this weeks Moon Walker LTD by Konomi Takeshi.

Past 3 weeks, mangaka from Naruto, Gintama and Prince of Tennis have done one shots.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Oct 23 2010, 12:24 AM) AHHAHA i was thinking the exact same thing with Akina and Mashiro doing a one-shot together.

But i feel bad for Hiramaru and Aoki having to go against Nizuma and Mashiro.

Did you also notice this is somewhat kinda happening in jump right now? There was Bench! by Masashi Kishimoto, Bankara by Hideaki Sorachi and this weeks Moon Walker LTD by Konomi Takeshi.

Past 3 weeks, mangaka from Naruto, Gintama and Prince of Tennis have done one shots.
Yeah i noticed it, since if its a real event i think its pretty awesome that they are throwing in real life stuff in, even more awesome though that what is going on in the manga is happening Real Time, i think thats pretty awesome to be fair
biggrin.gif

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC.

A romance 1 shot battle, and all with various takes on Romance, should be very interesting indeed. But if Eiji is a sucess with this is there any genre he cant do? lmao

Although best part of thew chapter (as per usual) is with Hirmaru, i man come on he acknowledges that Yoshida maniplulates him and yet he complies. He is hillarious.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Oct 29 2010, 01:05 PM) EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC.

A romance 1 shot battle, and all with various takes on Romance, should be very interesting indeed. But if Eiji is a sucess with this is there any genre he cant do? lmao

Yeah i agree, it was an awesome chapter.

But with the name Nizuma had i thought it was gonna be something childish? Looks like small animals.

When Mashiro was thinking of the one-shot i thought he was going to do a one-shot on manga (Something like Bakuman).

I really really really hope that both Nizuma and Mashiro put the same scene in their oneshots.

But yeah 4 oneshots with romance would be really good. And one more thing. Yoshida's idea somewhat reminded me of that Enigma and Jaguar mangaka's getting married a few weeks/months back?

Did it pick-up it's original pace again?

I kinda put this one on hold, I haven't read since chapter 89, I should repick it.

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 31 2010, 12:41 AM) Did it pick-up it's original pace again?

I kinda put this one on hold, I haven't read since chapter 89, I should repick it.
Well havnt you given yourself big spoilers by reading this thread if your so far behind?

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 30 2010, 05:41 PM) Did it pick-up it's original pace again?

Yeah i'm pretty sure you will enjoy it until the current chapter where you have to wait a week.

Bakuman is always average/above average in each chapter then spikes up to awesome when there is something big. So having to read the 18 chapters it will be better than waiting a week to read each one.

I do the similar thing with Psyren. Like i stop reading for 10-15 chapters then read it up to current chapter then stop again.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Oct 31 2010, 01:38 AM) Yeah i'm pretty sure you will enjoy it until the current chapter where you have to wait a week.

Bakuman is always average/above average in each chapter then spikes up to awesome when there is something big. So having to read the 18 chapters it will be better than waiting a week to read each one.

I do the similar thing with Psyren. Like i stop reading for 10-15 chapters then read it up to current chapter then stop again.
Yeah im doing the same with Psyren also, i mean i loved it in the begining when i read it in bulk then got up to date with it, and it just wasnt the same. So i havnt read it now since the attack on Root. Going to have a big catch up session in a week or so.

But yeah you should enjoy Bakuman, sometimes its hit and miss, even ill admit that but i think its something that only works well week in week out if they end on something really big each chapter, but alas doing that each week isnt a good idea nor is it easy to do. But yeah you should enjoy it, especialy in bulk
biggrin.gif

I didnt like the chapter towards the end, i loved how they all have different approaches to their romance manga, Especialy Hiramarus manga, i can resonate with that so much lmao.

But the 'conflict' between Saiko and Takagi i dunno, but it didnt seem right and kinda forced. I mean i just didnt see it or read it as an argument but a simple discussion. So i dunno, i mean i think ita very possible Ashirogi will split and have been saying it since day 1 and it does look like the manga could be head that way, but if thats what splits them then i think their entire friendship has been fake, since it wasnt even i real argument. Plus Takagi raised valid points, i mean he said he would take on Rabuta provided it wouldnt affect PCP in a negative way. But having him practicly rewrite an entire chapter, more so when he has barely any idea how to write dogs, isnt a good thing, especialy when he is juggling the main series too. I know its harsh on Shiritaki (sp?) if Takagi just gives up on Rabuta but of this current state grows into a trend its not good for Takagi or PCP and proabably Rabuta to stay with it.

Yeah Takagi's PMS was wtf.

But i loved Hiramaru's manga. Especially since it had an otter for the main character. I'm really starting to like Hiramaru's presence now.. at the start when he came into the manga i wasn't really aware of him but now he is one of the best characters.

I also loved Mashiro's expression when his staring off into space.

Well the end of the chapter i was like NOOOOO!!!!! but i'm sure it will turn out fine. Hopefully.

Cant beleive so few people post in this thread. :'( Although i felt old yesterday when i realised i have been reading Bakuman for over 3 years lmao. Glad Hiramaru came so high in the character poll though
biggrin.gif
Should of gotten first though to be fair
tongue.gif
But he was against Eiji and he is super popular so it was to be expected, although Saiko scoring so high suprised me, but seeing Otters 11 though was nice
biggrin.gif
Although i was suprised to see Hatori so low, i mean Yoshida i kinda expected, but still makes me laugh.

I dunno what to make of this chapter, Im trying to understand Takagi best i can and im torn between he is just stressed and is unsure what is best of himself as well as Muto, or this is some complex plot to bring the best out in Mashiro. Since Takagi is clearly the better writer so surely it makes sense to help your partner out. But maybe he just wants to bring out the best in Mashiro.

Still think Shiritaki (sp?) should write Rabuta himself though and i think he will eventualy through a combination of Kaya, Saiko, Hattori and Shiritai forcing takagi out. You only get better with practice, and if he were to write he will only improve. Plus Hattori seems willing to help so he could always go to him for advice and direction if needs be. Plus its clear (Im just going to callm him Shi since i cant spell the name for the life of me) Shi is the one with all the ideas and resonates most with Peace. Takagi cant write dogs, he said so himself, i know you can only improve by tryig and practice but there are some things you cant write/do/learn etc. Shi needs to be asertive and tel Takagi to go back to Saiko and let him do Rabuta himself. Which if that happens and he becomes a sucess, it will only add to the ever growing list of manga rivals. Especialy since it will mean that 2 of them have been previous assistants of theirs which is a nice reflection on the manga world. Similar to how my fav mangaka Hiroyuki Takei and Eiichiro Oda were assistants to Nobuhiro Watsuki
biggrin.gif
And have since been sucessfull mangaka of course Oda probably the most sucessful of the 2 though haha.

Long rant over though since i doubt anyone reads this anyway :'(

QUOTE Cant beleive so few people post in this thread

Well I kinda stopped reading when Natural and Crow merged.

I mean I felt the manga itself was just like repeating and going on circles, so I got bored.

Did it pick up it's interesting pace again?

I'll re-pick this up and start reading again.

And really, barely anyone post on the manga forum.
sad.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back