Bakemonogatari

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
31795642sy7.jpg

Title: Bakemonogatari
Japanese Title: 化物語
Genre: Adventure, Romance, Fantasy, Comedy
Premier: TBA
Original Creator: NisiOisiN (Nisio Isin)

Bakemonogatari was one of the first titles in Japan's Kodansha Box imprint in 2006.
The latest print runs of NisiOisin's Bakemonogatari supernatural comedy light novels include a cover sticker that announces that an anime adaptation has been greenlit. NisiOisin wrote several hit original novel series in Japan, but is best known outside Japan for his Death Note: Another Note novel spinoff and XXXHOLiC: Another XXXHOLiC spinoff short-story collection. The short stories in the two volumes of Bakemonogatari deal with a high school boy named Koyomi Araragi and strange students he encounters. ("Bakemonogatari" is a wordplay on the Japanese term bakemono for supernatural creatures and the term monogatari for stories.) One student, a girl named Hitagi Senjōgahara, almost literally falls into his lap from the skies.

(~~ALL from ANN~~)

My thoughts:

I don't really know much about this series but I am getting a good vibe out of it for some weird reason. I'll update you guys on this once more info becomes availabel.

Review done by Andrew Cunningham: -

http://easternstandard.pbwiki.com/Bakemonogatari

31812626ny3.jpg

This series is hinted to have a premier in Spring 2009 after they finish a project that will start in January.
rolleyes.gif

That project is Maria Holic .
biggrin.gif

hmmm... since i'm planning to watch holic i might as well take a look at this, just to get a feel for their works... not to mention it sounds interesting
wink.gif

Well yeah pretty much the same as AnimeWiz, although what picked my interest is the Fantasy and spirits, reminds me of XXX Holic.

CONFIRMED Premier: 3rd July 2009

Watched the trailer for this one as well, and I must say the animation quality is top notch. It also gives me a SZS vibe, maybe it's cos of Hiroshi Kamiya being the lead again or... it could also mean another hit
tongue.gif
Can't wait to see it
biggrin.gif

another badass anime xD truly didn't expect anything from this one, but its crazy... staplers, scissors, boxcutters, vampires and so much more
ohmy.gif
defin on my watch list for now, if episode 2 can keep this kind of "madness" feel to this show then i'm going to see it through all the way

Senjogahara is really crazy, walking aroung tiwth all that stuff and threatening Araragi like that. Completly psycho.
Until now I dont really get what this anime is about, except some little talk about Vampires and Crabs.
Lets see what happens next.

Wow... I really do have to say I was surprised by this and it's "artsy" approach.

Seems very intriguing and mysterious (although, me being westerner and all that, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when he mentioned crabs as supernatural menace... I mean, crabs?), but characters are where it seems to shine (what was with that prolonged panties shot? Not that I complain, of course). Ex-vampire convert and weightless woman? Someone stole the old Originality Bottle and they aren't giving it back.

Following this one, just hope we get better subs (not showing disrespect, but you know).

This is strange ... And i really mean it. I on his place would beat out that arogancy of that girl. He should rape her that would teach her
smile.gif

@DeathMan: I thought exactly the same ^^

I wonder why Senjogahara is talking so strange. I cant describe it, its somehow like complete insanity.

QUOTE (Arbiter Libera @ Jul 08 2009, 10:24 AM) Wow... I really do have to say I was surprised by this and it's "artsy" approach.

I like what I've seen so far, in the first episode. "Artsy" is my kind of anime as long as the story is good. I hope we will see more of this intensity with of course, some mellow moments. As I am in the mood for blood, gore and mayhem...well, looking forward to having this series, be my guilty pleasure of just that, for this summer season.
wink.gif
Loved the references, "Lady Senjogahara" made with regards to alchemy. Reminded me of a certain anime I am currently watching.
wink.gif

Only one word comes to mind: AWESOME! Its hard to be this intense while managing to be funny at the same time. Favorite show this season so far.

On a side note: I think it might be dangerous to one's health to marathon this series after it finishes (added to the list next to Paranoia Agent).

Ok after seeing the firest episod eI think I inadvertantly fried my brain trying to understand what this series is about for the first episode.

One word comes to my mind too: "Biotch".

If I were Araragi I'd be a hell of a lot more pissed off at her. Have no clue why he wanted to help her. Even as he's helping her shes threating to harm his family.
mad.gif

The whole episode I was waiting for the promised funny moments, but they never came. I dont mind dark animes, so thats OK.

As for Senjogahara....... I dont like the bitchy aggressive types. But, she probably has gone through a lot, so I will give her a chance to grow on me. However, how is Senjogahara a normal last name? Never heard anything even remotely similar to this one.

I can't help but thinking of Zetsubou Sensei while watching this; Shaft is doing the animation, and that Koyomi guy is voiced by the same person as Itoshiki-sensei. Anyway the story seems nice (Koyomi gets a new girl once in a while haha) and animation is far beyond my expectation for Shaft, I guess It is in my list.

so i took a look at episode 2 just to see whether or not i'll keep track of this one... and sure enough i enjoyed it so much more than ep1 (and i already loved ep1
tongue.gif
)

the fanservice was done in an interesting way with this series; and i couldn't help but laugh when i remembered how she said "my body isn't worth breaking the law over" in ep1... but after watching this ep; i was just thinking... "LIAR!"
laugh.gif

it should be getting even more intense from now on, and the comedy is great; although its for more mature audiences
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back