Are the mod's too pushy?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you think the mod's are too pushy?

• I don't think the mod's are too pushy, they do a great job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At times, the mod's can become too "off topic-annoying"

• The mod's are terrible, they don't allow any freedom

• Total voters
QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Dec 30 2006, 01:45 AM) @InuyashaX: out of that 33,000 members how many actually do come to ftv daily. probably 1/100th or 1/1000th of them.
So true. Most people here just joined either to spam the site with their advertisement or just download anime. Theres usually around 100+ people here daily.

Also, I do hate that we cannot make similar threads. I mean they are different, but we are not allowed to make threads that fall under a more broader topic. It can be very frustrating at times. I've made and seen some interesting topics, but they were all closed because they fell under something. Sometimes, it might be better having a seperate thread for a topic that falls under something, that way, we could focus only on that topic and nothing more.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Dec 30 2006, 08:33 AM) Also, I do hate that we cannot make similar threads. I mean they are different, but we are not allowed to make threads that fall under a more broader topic. It can be very frustrating at times. I've made and seen some interesting topics, but they were all closed because they fell under something. Sometimes, it might be better having a seperate thread for a topic that falls under something, that way, we could focus only on that topic and nothing more.
Reason is on the long run, the threads will begin to talk about the same thing. Therefore, why make another thread when you can start a similar discussion in the existing thread?

Well, if we start a discussion on a "specific" topic in a broad thread, theres a good chance than that topic could be puched aside because someone else wants to discuss another topic. I'm not saying that all seperate topics should have their own thread. But there are some interesting ones that deserve to be a lone wolf. Mabey you guys can be more leniant to those topics. Also, it would be better if all mods would PM the topic creator that they will shut down the thread unless its changed or unless a good reason is givin to keep the thread rather than forcibly shut it down on their own free will.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Dec 30 2006, 09:59 AM) Well, if we start a discussion on a "specific" topic in a broad thread, theres a good chance than that topic could be puched aside because someone else wants to discuss another topic. I'm not saying that all seperate topics should have their own thread. But there are some interesting ones that deserve to be a lone wolf. Mabey you guys can be more leniant to those topics. Also, it would be better if all mods would PM the topic creator that they will shut down the thread unless its changed or unless a good reason is givin to keep the thread rather than forcibly shut it down on their own free will.
1) Usually, we close threads and explain why.

2) It depends on how far the "different" topic is from the other one. If you can make a topic and can justify the difference, then the topic can remain open.

I have to admit fourms do make you feel hella unconftable sometimes, dont get me started on 'muffin' fourm.
But at the end of the day its all about keeping it together, if mods wernt pushy enough then it would be everywhere and im just rambling on in less detail about stuff thats already been said
rolleyes.gif

I didnt just hit the enter key and break the rules by double posting... how embarrassing, sorry you can yell at me for that one

anyway i guess just read the rules and it will all be sweet.

HAPPY FAMILY
biggrin.gif

P.S sorry about the double post again! wont happen again, just a spasic on a keyboard

[MODERATOR's NOTE: Posts merged. There is an edit button (just above your post) allowing you to edit your posts if you accidentally posted before finishing writing. Welcome to FTV and have fun. ]

Well I´m a noob here, but I think the mods are doing a great job in this forum.

I'm pretty new to this forum (but I'm on other forums) and I have yet to find anything inappropriate to any reader regardless of age. I think the mods are doing an excellent job. How hard is it really to stay on topic? If you have something else to say, then PM that person and start a conversation there. How hard is it to not post the same topic even if you use different wording (it's still the same topic)? And if your post is in the wrong area, it's nice of them to move it for you instead of making you move it or delete it completely.

I also like to read posts and not have to worry about inappropriate language or words that are not spelled the way they should be spelled.

I say fight on Mods!!

I dont think the mods are too pushy here. I am kind of new on these boards, but I actually read the rules before posting and I have had no problems. Basically, if you have enough time to spam or make pointless topics, go watch some anime instead
cool.gif

The spoiler thing is kind of nice too
wub.gif

You know the way I see it the day the Mods take a day to a week off, would be the day the boards are offline during that time period. Besides since being here for only a few months things are being handled fairly well I must say.

Although I doubt anyone would like to have the Mod team to take a full day off even though they deserve to relax for thier dedicated work here though.
tongue.gif

My answer to the question is "yes". In general, mods in every forum on the internet can get too pushy.

Oh come on guys. Without the mods being around here these forums would be utter chaos! Completely disorganized, full of spam and pointless topics, irrelevant discussions and randomness! They help keep ftv the way it is. I don't think they're being pushy whatsoever, read the rules and follow them and you won't make a silly mistake. There are reasons for why they do what they do in order to maintain a healthy website. Otherwise these forums would be full of pointless garbage!

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Dec 01 2007, 01:25 AM) Oh come on guys. Without the mods being around here these forums would be utter chaos! Completely disorganized, full of spam and pointless topics, irrelevant discussions and randomness! They help keep ftv the way it is. I don't think they're being pushy whatsoever, read the rules and follow them and you won't make a silly mistake. There are reasons for why they do what they do in order to maintain a healthy website. Otherwise these forums would be full of pointless garbage!
If only there was a way to put that to the test.

you dont have to. just take some messy fourms as an examples. i really dont like fourms where people spam, flame and just post useless things. at least here we know that - yes there is useful contributions from people who are actually serious about contributing and making a difference. the fourms are clean, safe and most of all friendly.

you wont believe how much the mods discuss and evaluate topics such as the 'ecchi' threads, because we worry that things can get out of hand. some people may view the mods as being pushy but we aren't. just follow the rules and we'll be happy. and you say 'In general' well here at FTV we're not part of 'In general'. Not to say you dont have a point because you do, just dont lump us with the 'In general's.

I have to say the mods and most the members here are excellent and keeping peace and following the rules, and if you ask me the benefits of that should be noticeable to most of the board users! I mean this is one of the few boards that i actually feel confident to post on and because of the friendly (no spamming no flamming) you can actually make friends on these boards and ask for advice without worrying that you'll get roasted to kingdom come!

QUOTE (Sai @ Dec 01 2007, 04:59 AM) If only there was a way to put that to the test.
It already been tested when this site got hack and we was using a temp board for awhile there was rules for awhile but the rule stop and then we been getting bad stuff...I believe it was this board or it could be another board I was thinking of but still it went bad until the original site came back.

Here is what I would ask of all those who say that the mods are too pushy: Please give an example that has occured here on FTV where the mods were overbearing or too pushy.

The problem is that a lot of people are simply standing up and saying yes without actually giving proof or an example - and in many cases those members are new to the forum and don't actually KNOW but are simply stating their opinion out of ignorance of our forum, instead stating on their knowledge of "in general".

The other thing I will point out is that a lot of the 'problems' that members have had with mods are very easy to fix - all it takes is a small PM. For example, if a thread is closed, but you disagree with the decision, you can always PM the mod, and state your reasons about why you think the thread should be reopened. If you take the time to write a simple four sentence request, most mods will take what you say into consideration and, if not fix it, at least give you a better understanding of why your thread was closed so that you can understand rather than be angry over spilt milk (I'm sure you've heard the expression).

I personally think that the mods are doing a great job, but they could narrow their definition of spam, it can get annoying to get your well thought out words deleted cause the guy that posted next was a dumbass,
This HAS happened to me a couple of times, youll probably tell me to just re-write it but that doesnt work for me, some posts are like paintings, try to remake it and its a fake
That is all!!!

[Moderator's note: Your request/suggestion has been noted. Thank you for your co-operation.]

Ah, I misunderstood the question. I thought we were talking about mods in general, not specifically FTV's. In which case I haven't really come across anything that bad. But I'm not really on these forums that often either.

I don't think the mods are too pushy. I'd like it if they gave more specific explanations though. Most of the time when I see a thread getting closed or chastised I'm not exactly sure why. It's like there's a bunch of deleted posts and a warning that no one should say stuff like that again. But it's all deleted and I'm usually clueless. I think sometimes people that are highly "forum saavy" forget that many of us don't have the same default skill and knowledge levels when it comes to this stuff. It would help me if mods would give direct examples of some kind after removing unacceptable posts.

I'd also like it if mods were more pushy about the spoiler tags. That's a great system that gets used too sporadically. Some threads are cool and others will spoil a series every three sentences.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back