Ar Tonelico

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

blckdemondrgn

-gao...?
Retired
Cast of characters:
0010.jpg

*Misha aka black hair character is my favorite and claim ^^*

Anime Promo OVA:
part 1
part 2
part 3

*Only one episode for the Anime Promo.
*Most of the scenes, music and the voices if not all are taken from the anime onto the game.
*The dubbing of subtitles are decent.

Ok I just bought this game yesterday and I absolutely love it.

Just a run down on the game battle system it is basically your typical turn base system with mixtures of other elements that makes it more exciting.

932632_20070103_screen076.jpg

Ok for three of your four characters they only have a selection of attack, item,
skill, wait and protect.

Skill option are special attacks that requires various elements to use it like harmonizing and sacraficing HP.

Protect option is only available when special attacks are attacking the revyateil aka your fourth person in the backmost - in the picture is misha. revyateil can only be attacked with special skills or all other characters excluding revyateil are unconscious.

Revyateil are songstress who uses songs as magic aka your only caster. They have three options: magic/song, cancel, and flee.

Magic constantly uses MP because it constantly builds up damage or has a constant effect like healing. No worries much about healing MP as it heals as Revyateil stays idle though you may heal their MP by using items during battles to extend the strength of her magic - see the % above as they keep storing power with time. You can choose anytime to cancel or unleash their magic though if MP hits 0 the magic is automatically cancelled or unleashed. Also MP is automatically replenished fully at the end of every battle.

Of course every magic excluding your first attack can be used only a limited time; however, every battle heals a certain bar % which allows you to use the magic one more time. You can recover the amount of magic used in Inns and resting.

That is a short summary how the battle system works.

Pros:
Allows you to change language to japanese, making the experience feel more like an anime.
An encounter bar alerts you how close you are about to come into battle.
Grathmelding is a term basically allowing you to create items.
Guarenteed item(s) after battle - though this is to compensate a flaw.
Inns can be used for free resting HP/MP.
Costumes affects your Revyateil - will reveal a few later.
Songs heard so far are excellent.
Comes with an artbook with the game. ^^

Cons:
Cinematics are still in english language.
Low money aka leafs gain so far.
Limited amount of battles - encounter bar has a certain amount of battle before you must enter/exit town or an area in order to restore the amount of battles you can encounter.

Extras:
Interacting with your revyateil allows them to learn new magic and possibly change the game. Many people who reviewed this game say Ar Tonelico is like Thousands Arms. Basically interacting, flirting, and such with your revyateil.

932632_20070103_screen021.jpg

ct_o_03.jpg

How can you not love a songstress in a kunoichi costume ^^

More to add later. Additional info may be found in through various game sites.

aaah, Ar Tonelico? this one is really a good game indeed.
when I first played it, I only thought this is just gonna be a test run, for I have some work to do.
and yes, It went over from just a test run, I played straight for 8 hour. thankfully, I could resist after the long 'test run'.

Seems like another good game for me to reboot my PS2 after long leaving it behind!
biggrin.gif
blckdemondrgn-sempai surely took much troubles to write in such details,but thanx to that I'm now attracted to play this game.
laugh.gif
Thanx sempai!
laugh.gif
Ok...so now the question is,when did I can play this game...?
huh.gif
I'm pretty much occupied by playing 'Tsukihime' and there're tons of animes to be watched too....ummm......
sleep.gif
.......but still I'm quite sure I'll play this game!
Nippon Ichi is one of my favourite game developer!!
laugh.gif

well, if you like playing Visual novel like Tsukihime etc, etc, you'll like this game.
yes, this game has a little feeling of Visual novel, for you can choose which Girl/Reyvateil path you wanted to see.

haha of course with me I upgraded misha the most. she is like ridiculously strong ^^.

so far I have gotten misha several other costumes which she only can wear when she is older or to be exact her right age.

that is a slight downfall cause I wondered when is it available but it was unlocked if you will when she just converted to her normal self. ^^

woo-hoo for china girl and kunoichi costumes ^^.

btw d'observer it really didn't take me long to post it, took me a while to find good pictures to post.

though my team right now is too strong hehe =P

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Feb 17 2007, 01:57 PM) haha of course with me I upgraded misha the most. she is like ridiculously strong ^^.

so far I have gotten misha several other costumes which she only can wear when she is older or to be exact her right age.

that is a slight downfall cause I wondered when is it available but it was unlocked if you will when she just converted to her normal self. ^^

woo-hoo for china girl and kunoichi costumes ^^.

btw d'observer it really didn't take me long to post it, took me a while to find good pictures to post.

though my team right now is too strong hehe =P
Hehe...I'm the type that always level up my favourite character like crazy too sempai....
tongue.gif
Guess we're the same on this...
laugh.gif

And since sempai has doing lots of unprofitable promotion on Misha
tongue.gif
,I think she's become my favourite character as well!
laugh.gif
(yay!I'm bugging blckdemondrgn-sempai on girl's matter again!
laugh.gif
)
I think like kerfirou-san said,I must like this game a lot.
happy.gif
.Now....I just need to wait for my friend to return my PS2 back and I think I'll play this game instantly....
laugh.gif
(but seems I have short time in my hand to play non-stop...
tongue.gif
)

Can't throw in any commentary before I really play this myself,but I doubt i'll make a negative one about Ar Tonelico...
laugh.gif

haha d'observer you love to pick my women =P, I love misha in the game especially since she has my favorite element as well ^^.

the only negative parts of the game is what I listed which are:

limited battles - to an extent
not much $$$ gain - so far nothing sells good except my items I only have one of
CG still is in english

there are others but a lot of the pros weigh it off to me. if you ask me I kind of spend more time trying to upgrade equipment, magic, and such then fighting/progressing with the game =P ^^.

So far it is worthwhile to buy and can't wait to check out the extra option once I beat the game. ^^

actually, If you know the trick of Grathmelding, money gaining wasn't so bad at all. there are some trick posted on gamefaq board for this game, if I remember.
Of course, I still haven't continue my save, for many work I still have to do

eh right now I am good, right now I almost completed the cosmosphere and have most costumes. will try to post some later. ^^

also trying not to use gamefaqs guide except for one thing which is just the check list for the conversations.

update: ok I somewhat completed the game already with misha but I've just learned I can play more of the game if I selected a different option. so right now I currently completed the cosmosphere and costumes 100%, though I need to update the conversation and other stuff.

right now my lyner is way to strong with almost 6k life and 75%+ resists. *sigh* he kills too fast ^^ haha well I will try to post some costumes later including my misha in her white kimono outfit ^^

cute wise eh maybe misha's last costume maybe, forgot the name =P

as for best overall I love *in no order* kunoichi, china dress, and white kimono.

though for aurica would be miko, seraph, and white dress.

oh forgot to include school girl for both, how did I forget that =P ^^.

eeeh, I truly don't know, for in my country, games are all...what you call that in english... piracy?, and It's A LOT more harder to find the Real one, so...
btw,blckdemondrgn, what ARE Misha last outfit looks like? this is sound very tempting...

well currently I am browsing the web for the pics otherwise expect low quality since my digital camera really isn't that great.

if I cannot find a pic by later tonight expect some of my digital camera pics.

so far I am pretty far as I got shureillia *too strong!* and upgraded my character further.

gosh lyner does around 5-6 physical attacks, 50%+ elemental damage, and 100% wind damage. he also has 6k+ life and near 700 heal periodically.

misha and aurica have every magic possible with great grathnode upgrades.

will try to update my first post with the costumes I currently have.

Ok no pictures right now but just to make up I actually found one episode anime promo for this game that came out around 1/2 year ago. just check the top.

QUOTE (kerfirou @ Feb 19 2007, 09:03 AM) http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmygbi
I got it from gamefaq board, looks like a fansbook scan. oh, And blckdemondrgn, you're right 'bout Misha last Costume.
well you should get a fanbook with the game - at least I did.

hard back, 52 pages, all the good stuff unless it is something different.

if you seen all the costumes it is the one called marlone I believe is the one I am talking about - she looks like her younger self not older.

they did a good job on the anime promo. though I wished for a series.

QUOTE (kerfirou @ Feb 19 2007, 11:43 PM) anime series of this would be a good one....
perhaps a little like .HACK// Project?
well .hack at least had a few episodes. this serie only has one sadly >-<.

YAY I just bought this game before the Mardi Gras Parade ^^ although I did buy Disgaea also but disgaea have nothing to do with this thread XD. Havent tried the game yet but the anime ova is good so I want to play it =D notice it got the Artbook in it too =P and thx for the scan ^^

hey kansa how are you doing ^^

I think you'll enjoy the game as much as I do - or at least I hope =P ^^.

well at least the game at the point I am at it is getting harder so there is more strategy. will take some time to understand everything.

though if anyone understand the line graph of the burst gauge located in the status option care to explain that to me. other than that I understand almost everything of the game.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back