Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JC-HoBz

-san
Kouhai
49dee7d12abaf9e1b1878fa24903e0371302217658_full.jpg

Genres: action, comedy, drama, supernatural
Objectionable content: Significant (bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)
Number of episodes: 24

Japanese cast:
Jun Fukuyama as Yukio Okumura
Kana Hanazawa as Shiemi Moriyama
Kazuya Nakai as Ryūji Suguro
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rin Okumura
Rina Satou as Shura Kirigakure

Keiji Fujiwara as Shirō Fujimoto
Tetsuya Kakihara as Amaimon

Eri Kitamura as Izumo Kamiki
Hiroshi Kamiya as Mephisto Pheles
Koji Yusa as Renzō Shima
Ryotaro Okiayu as Igor Neuhaus
Yuuki Kaji as Konekomaru Miwa

Subject to revision.
-Aus

---------------------------------------------

Anyone else looking forward to this? Atm i cbf doing a preview thread. Probably do it when it's released.

I've read around 7-8 chapters a long time ago and really liked it. Getting back into it now and just reread it from chapter 1. The preview looks pretty good. And i reckon the quality is above average.

This is defintely on my watch list, and i doubt it will get bad. It kinda reminds me of souleater.. But guess we gotta wait till the 17th? or 20th? for the first ep to come out.

MOD Note: Pic added via request.

I've had my eye on this one for quite a while, and I'm also really anticipating it's release
smile.gif
It's coming out in a few more days, on the 17th!

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Apr 15 2011, 07:18 AM) This is defintely on my watch list, and i doubt it will get bad. It kinda reminds me of souleater.. But guess we gotta wait till the 17th? or 20th? for the first ep to come out.
I read some of the manga last year and really liked it. Hoping the animated version is just as good.
**Edit**
Another one to keep watching. Really liked the first episode. Some humor, suspense and evil demons. A funny shop keeper who fires our hero despite his attempts at working out. Glad he saved the little girl though. The twin shounen are kawaii and so different. My favorite being bad boy, Rin-kun. Their guardian, Reverend Fujimoto, is funny but can be deadly serious too. If I remember from the manga, he was a force to be reckoned with and will be in the animated series, as well. Some very good VA are voicing the two main characters, a nice treat, indeed. I like the character designs as well. Looking forward to more demon fun with Rin, Yukio and Father Fujimoto.

Thanks, Wolfie!

Ok by recomendations from my dear Yaya-san I have to say I do like how this story is set and whatnot. I mean I don't only watch ecchi stuff, it's just that there's a predominate ammount that is watchable. Usually action stuff like this tends to come once in a blue moon that isn't totally on the border of going yaoi at all.

Besides I see a good about of Christian research and whathave you with this so far.
wink.gif

So with that said it looks like I have an action series this time around to watch.
tongue.gif

QUOTE Besides I see a good about of Christian research and whathave you with this so far.

Cept it's not really Xtian per se, it's the usual "Xtianity taken through the Japanese lens" deal, with a good amount of other religious traditions mixed in - I forget which ones specifically I noticed though, and I deleted the ep. already...

Anyway, first episode was exactly what I expected it to be and I won't be watching more - this is another standard/mediocre shonen action series and it's simply not worth my time.

Ok then a bit of Cathoic faith here and there with some European flavor while taking place in Japan of course Aus-san. I'm sorry but the two separate parts between the human wolrd and the nether world have similar names that are mentioned in scriptures and what have you. Although I don't want this thread to get into a religious fight mind you.
wink.gif

I'm sorry but when this series mentioned Satan, and maybe even Astaroth you're now wondering into the Christian fath here if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 18 2011, 01:38 PM)Ok by recomendations from my dear Yaya-san I have to say I do like how this story is set and whatnot. Usually action stuff like this tends to come once in a blue moon .
Besides I see a good about of Christian research and whathave you with this so far.
wink.gif

So with that said it looks like I have an action series this time around to watch.
tongue.gif

Wolfie-san...tis a Nippon skewered version of Christianity like Aus-san says. Also, I beg to differ to his reducing this series to that of a mediocre one.
wink.gif
But that's beside the point. Although, it cannot match in the superbness that is Hellsing Ultimate, there are some elements that are nice to this one in terms of the light and the dark forces that will come into play as the story unfolds.
Now then, I had to go back and re-watch since there was a scene that was bugging me...Father Fujimoto goes down those stairs and opens up that mysterious chest wherein lies that katana that is not only a real beauty but a powerful one at that...Rin-kun will come to appreciate that fact later on...anyway, I thought I saw it smoldering and sure enough, it was...the look on Father Fujimoto's face was enough to know something's up.
Another thing...normally, since the twins are bishies...I would toss my hat in the ring for them, but I like Father Fujimoto's look, voice, smirk, sense of humor and style. I especially, like that fine goatee he's sporting...so, I lay claim to him...beads and all.
tongue.gif
wub.gif

Did any else notice something really off putting about the design of Rin's brother's face? I don't know what it is about his face, but I dislike looking at it.

Skewered or not it still has it my dear Yaya-san, and I'm taking it that way no matter what anyone else says though.
tongue.gif

Besides one other thing I have to say is you and your bishies, but I should be the one to talk becuase of me and my lolis.
laugh.gif

Never the less I'm looking at this on a GAR factor.
biggrin.gif

For those who don't know what GAR is it is pretty much a male character so manly that normal guys would be considered little girls compaired to him.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 18 2011, 02:50 PM) Anyway, first episode was exactly what I expected it to be and I won't be watching more - this is another standard/mediocre shonen action series and it's simply not worth my time.
Really? I actually thought it was quite interesting. I will give this anime a chance, in the end, most animes are either ecchi or shounen. Hmmm, shounens usually have at least a plot of some sort.

PC: it is only mean, or does the animation style resemble Durarara a little bit?

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 18 2011, 02:28 PM) Did any else notice something really off putting about the design of Rin's brother's face?  I don't know what it is about his face, but I dislike looking at it.
Well, now that you mention it, Barbo-san...his face was pasty looking and bordered on the creepy almost, as if he was to cut you to pieces, well, he would have that same flat affect and pleasure, lurking just beneath it. But I saw that only in certain scenes while in others, he was cute, but not as cute as feisty, Rin-kun. You'll need to get a guy's perspective though, since I tend to look at it from a gal's point of view and that's an understatement.
tongue.gif

@Wolfie-san...hold on to your shorts my fine friend...you are in for more over-the-top GAR moments...I am looking forward to seeing it all animated.

Reminds me of Shikabane Hime without any hot chicks. In fact, except for loli and obaba side characters, the show was a complete sausage fest. Please tell me it at least has a love interest or a female antagonist or something. Well I'll give it a few more episodes to see how it goes, but there was nothing about the show that really stood out so far.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Apr 18 2011, 02:40 PM) Reminds me of Shikabane Hime without any hot chicks. In fact, except for loli and obaba side characters, the show was a complete sausage fest. Please tell me it at least has a love interest or a female antagonist or something. Well I'll give it a few more episodes to see how it goes, but there was nothing about the show that really stood out so far.
Now, now, A~san, let's not jump the gun and dismiss this fun series outright. I am sure the creator of said story had those who would complain about the lack of females clearly in mind.
tongue.gif

I hope this picture will be to your satisfaction?
rolleyes.gif

One of the colorful manga covers out there...but I ain't sayin more since I ain't gonna spoil anything.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 18 2011, 03:28 PM) Did any else notice something really off putting about the design of Rin's brother's face? I don't know what it is about his face, but I dislike looking at it.
Heh, here's ur answer:

mole1.jpg

QUOTE Really? I actually thought it was quite interesting. I will give this anime a chance, in the end, most animes are either ecchi or shounen. Hmmm, shounens usually have at least a plot of some sort.

It's not so much that I'm hating on the series, but it''s got nothing to offer me. Series that got good production quality but no originality or exceptional writing don't really cut it for me anymore.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 19 2011, 01:48 AM) It's not so much that I'm hating on the series, but it''s got nothing to offer me. Series that got good production quality but no originality or exceptional writing don't really cut it for me anymore.
So in other words you don't feel like picking up an action series for this season then?
tongue.gif

Well nothing wrong with that since people usually have different tastes and whatnot, but it'll be a shame to see you bail out on the very first episode like that, for such a simple reaosn though.
tongue.gif

In any case I won't pull your arm to watch one more, but I kind of wonder where this would head since seeing series like this is normally rare since they do it from Shintoist style or something close to this.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 18 2011, 11:48 PM) no originality
Well.. If you watch it more, it will definitely be considered original.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Apr 18 2011, 03:40 PM)Please tell me it at least has a love interest or a female antagonist or something.
Well, atm, there is 2 main female characters in the manga, and one side character. Eyebrows >.<

You probably won't see one main, and one side female character till episode 3, and the other female main won't come in for a while.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Apr 19 2011, 01:06 AM) Well, atm, there is 2 main female characters in the manga, and one side character. Eyebrows >.<

You probably won't see one main, and one side female character till episode 3, and the other female main won't come in for a while.
oh common, why do you guys reduce an anime to females..... are you serious?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Apr 19 2011, 12:16 AM) oh common, why do you guys reduce an anime to females..... are you serious?
Totally agree. I am happy with it as is but it was too good to be true and thus the male whining. Men! Bah!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 19 2011, 02:43 AM) Totally agree. I am happy with it as is but it was too good to be true and thus the whining. Men! Bah!
tongue.gif

Those who dont set silly limitations, have more to choose from and fun watching I say
wink.gif

Ok so am I the only guy here that isn't trying to reduce it to females here?
unsure.gif

Besides when you deal with the church at times, and especially someitme an orphainage kind of deal, expect it to be mostly male unless it started out in a convent of nuns. Although that's probably another story in it's entirety though.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back