Anime Request Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
thx but can you give me a link that thasn't use megaupload becaus you have to wait 100-400 min. like i said before and it's just me i guess rapidshare is less waiting time like 100-70min. i guess hehehe maybe you can rapidshare next time pls........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious.

Since Geneon has dropped all work and thus making many of the animes they were working on unlicensed again, would it be possible to make available some of the animes that they had but are now unlicensed?

Like:
The Familiar of Zero
Karin
Stellvia
Mao-chan

and others?

I'm just wondering if this would be legal/possible because technically these animes are no longer licensed.
huh.gif

As far as I'm aware, Geneon did not drop the licenses. They have merely stopped DVD distribution for the time being. It is possible that once they regroup, they will start producing DVDs again and will continue distributing their licensed series.

However, if Geneon does officially announce that the licenses are dropped, and no other company picks them, then it would be okay to request them here.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 02 2007, 08:41 PM) As far as I'm aware, Geneon did not drop the licenses. They have merely stopped DVD distribution for the time being. It is possible that once they regroup, they will start producing DVDs again and will continue distributing their licensed series.

However, if Geneon does officially announce that the licenses are dropped, and no other company picks them, then it would be okay to request them here.
Geneon said they were halting all production, which in turn means they have dropped the licenses as well.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Oct 02 2007, 11:05 PM) Geneon said they were halting all production, which in turn means they have dropped the licenses as well.
I'm not sure you can assume that. For over a year, ADV Managa "halted production" of various series but not all the licenses were dropped. The ones that were received a formal announcement, while others were merely put on hold until ADV Manga could start production again. It is possible Geneon could rehire their staff and begin releasing the series. It is not uncommon for companies to hold onto licenses, but not actually release anything.

But either way ... if you can find an official announcement stating that specific series are no longer licensed, then please announce it in the "Licensed Anime" thread (you, or someone else). If it is confirmed, then requesting is okay.

Can someone upload the Xvid versions of Mushiuta episodes 7-10 please? Episode 7 preferably by AnimeOmake Thanks.

Regarding Geneon, as far as I'm concerned and informed, they will be holding onto their licenses, but will cease distribution of all DVDs after whenever they announced on that letter. HOWEVER, they have NOT mentioned anything about ceasing distribution or licensing for good. They will be focusing more on portfolio work, that is all that is mentioned. The one thing I'm puzzle though is how will they be able to hold on to those licenses if they're not really making any profit after a certain point? Licenses need to be renewed every now and then and it costs money, so I wonder where they'll be getting their money from?

Okay, this really is only half a request, i need some info on an anime and my description of its going to be really obscure, so bear with me

Basically, came home from the football (Soccer) one night, quite drunk
biggrin.gif
and stumbled into the lounge room and started flicking, "dodododo, blah blah, ooooo, anime. Propper japanese with english subs anime, oright!"

However what i discovered was, this was different to any show i'd seen before. It seemed to be a thriller of some description, APPEARED to have characters that were dressed up all corporate like. The speeches from each character seemed to be longer than normal anime, I was intrigued, then the most interesting part happened. The part i was watching, a conversation between an old man sitting down and a seemingly younger man standing. The interesting part, was when it switched to the view of the man standing... he had no face, some sort of graphic covering it, it was a white circle with sorta, i unno, squiggly moving lines around and some characters, im not sure if japanese or chinese (i can't read either)

My apologies for this incredibly inept description of the show, but that was all i saw, plus i didn't understand the gist of the show cos i was drunk
biggrin.gif

Any1 who knows precisely what this show is, rather than post in here, can you please PM me, thankyou very much for your time
wink.gif

QUOTE (hasmat933 @ Oct 03 2007, 03:36 PM) does any1 know any links ti watch license anime online for free.
Even if we did, it's against the rules to ask/give links to licensed material.

wink.gif
Can someone please make availible the AVI versions of the School Days episodes for direct DL? Episodes 3, 5, and 6. I'd very much apperiate it. Thanks!

Yes. I finally request something after some months on being here. There's not much anime for me to request since my main type is Drama, School Life, Romance, and etc...and I have watched just about a lot of them...but if anyone can help me find a site to buy the japanese version ova 1 and 2 of Munto, I'll be much thankful. Personally, I did not like the dub.

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help fill in the gaps in my memory, about 10 years ago i watched a feature length anime set in a dystopian future where a group of people were worshipping a giant crane - i'd love to see it again but i just can't remember the name !

Also i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to obtain a copy of the anime version of Lensman, i can't seem to find it anywhere

QUOTE (Inoji @ Oct 04 2007, 02:36 PM) Yes. I finally request something after some months on being here. There's not much anime for me to request since my main type is Drama, School Life, Romance, and etc...and I have watched just about a lot of them...but if anyone can help me find a site to buy the japanese version ova 1 and 2 of Munto, I'll be much thankful. Personally, I did not like the dub.
Umm, if there's a dub, then that means it's licensed. Distributing and requesting for licensed material is against the rules. So can't really help you there (if you can find the dub, don't request for the sub here XD).

QUOTE (Molcos)Also i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to obtain a copy of the anime version of Lensman, i can't seem to find it anywhere
Same situation, Lensman is a licensed movie, and therefore we cannot help you with that.

do you know where i can buy a licensed copy?

Moderator Note: I salute you! I wish more people would think like you. People should take a example from you! If a anime is licensed ask where to buy it!!!

QUOTE (Molcos @ Oct 04 2007, 03:49 PM) do you know where i can buy a licensed copy?
>.>...<.<......Bestbuy....
tongue.gif
They have about every movie and anime licensed here in America now.

QUOTE Moderator Note: I salute you! I wish more people would think like you. People should take a example from you! If a anime is licensed ask where to buy it!!!

Where possible i will always buy anime, there's nothing better than having the original artwork,disc (maybe VHS !) and notes (if there are any). I have been an anime fan for over 20 years now and my love for the art-form grows stronger everyday. I will only download if i have exhausted every other way of obtaining it.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Oct 04 2007, 10:51 AM)
wink.gif
Can someone please make available the AVI versions of the School Days episodes for direct DL? Episodes 3, 5, and 6. I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!
school days ep3

school days ep5

school days ep6

QUOTE (Molcos @ Oct 04 2007, 11:58 AM) Hi, i wonder if anyone can help fill in the gaps in my memory, about 10 years ago i watched a feature length anime set in a dystopian future where a group of people were worshipping a giant crane - i'd love to see it again but i just can't remember the name !

Also i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to obtain a copy of the anime version of Lensman, i can't seem to find it anywhere
Actually, the license expired to this movie according to ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=2043

However, because the movie is ancient, it will probably not have been subbed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back