(JCDRANZER @ Oct 16 2013, 03:04 PM)I'm looking for a detective-like anime series that's aired in the past 2 years. I have already seen Gosick btw.
Un-Go comes to mind. There is a 48 minute prequel OVA
(or would that be a movie?) which gives some backstory. I quite liked it.
Some say the "crimes" aren't that special, which may be true, as I don't remember the crimes… but I recall enjoying the interaction between the characters. After watching the series and the movie I felt satisfied
. Maybe it wasn't a life-changing meal, but nothing tasted bad, and I'd eat it again.
One reviewer said, "Inga feels out of place"... Which is the vibe I got, however, I enjoyed
the sensation. Your mileage may vary. Viewer beware, bring your own discretion, reviewer not liable, warranty not valid, etc…
(Animekyoto @ Jun 13 2014, 10:05 AM)Hey guys, i need some interesting/tragedy/romance/action?
Can anyone recommend me which series to watch..........
Zetsuen no Tempest
- The two main characters' actions are motivated by the death of someone they love.
- I'm still getting my feelings in a row.
Romance & Action & Shoujo Ai & Drama & a bit of Tragedy:
- I'm not sure if there is anything out there quite like this. Need moar nao plox.
Kimi ni Todoke
- So sweet it'll give you diabetes. I used this show as a gateway drug to get my parents hooked on Anime. Now my dad is an SnK fanatic.
- Watch every season, and the live-action TV show. Hilarious, sweet, irritating, hilarious, fulfilling.
His and Her Circumstances
- Incomplete and sometimes bizarre. Worth every second.
Wolf and Spice
- Delicious! I wish there were more than two seasons!
Koi Kaze (Love Wind)
- Don't read any reviews or a synopsis
. Both contain flippin' spoilers. It's the only way to get yourself into the character's headspace. Thankfully, the person who recommend it to me had the wisdom to point me away from both. "Just watch it". Consider reading the manga when you've finished.
Itazura na Kiss
- Classic Shoujo, anybody?
Sora no Manimani
- I've watched this twice. Planning a third run.
- What? You're tired of the same Shoujo romance plot in a thousand different skins? Then watch this lovely Josei.
- Tired of romance that plays with your negative emotions? Are questions like Will they get together, or won't they?
keeping you up all night? Well no more! Watch the four Candy☆Boy OVA's, then read the manga! (Shoujo Ai)
- One-side romance, tugged at my heartstrings.
5 Centimeters per Second
- You're not allowed to join the Anime romance club without having seen this movie. Hop to it, son!
Xam'd: lost memories
- Character driven. Not sure if there is anything else quite like it.
Darker than black series
- Watch in the following order:
1. Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
2. Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Special
3. Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden
4. Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini
- PS was a lot of fun! Plenty of hear-pounding moments and decent amount of nuance to certain things.
Now and Then, Here and There
- I dropped this series. More tragedy than I could handle.
If you've already seen everything listed above, or have more specific requirements, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.