Anime Magazines

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと
Retired
Im curious if anyone buy them and have a good site to get them because im interested in getting them for magazine such as Magami Magazine or Dengeki G's Magazine.

I know of 2 site that i google but I really dont trust everything I find on google... well those site are www.animebooks.com and www.cdjapan.co.jp. I really dont need NewType magazine since well I know their site and still I can still get NewType magazine at Barne and Noble book store. Same goes for OtakuUSA or Protoculture Addicts i can get those at Barnes and Noble.

I know I probaly could buy the magazine on ebay or amazon.com/amazon.co.jp but for subscriptions stuff I really dont think i should buy it there lol... and I dont understand how amazon work too much and I cant read everything on amazon.co.jp in the english mode. =/

btw I wasnt sure what section to put it in so I put it in a section I can control haha and ps to other mods Im serious about buying them and other may be interested too so this not a spam thread =P.

I have a computer version of Magami and Dengeki G's Magazines which I like very much XD but I also want the extra that come with it haha.

Note: Do not use this thread to sell the magazine u have because it against the rule the thread is about where u get yours and what you like in it.

I subscribed to NewtypeUSA while I was in Afghanistan, but the simple fact is, its too dang expensive. Plus, if you keep up on fansubs, it's all old news. I really liked it because my internet was really slow, considering it cost over 3,000 USD per quarter, ans was beamed hundreds of miles of space to the UK, and I could lay back on my bunk and read it page by page, and have people clamoring to borrow it...

I bought my subscription on amazon.com, because they offer competitive prices, and if your really savvy, you can pick up used copys.

Well I dont want use copy and well I really dont read it too much and like I said I can get NewTypeUSA magazine at Barnes and Noble I got the Card there so I get a discount on it too =D. Mostly Im in it for the extra and when I flip through the pages when I see anime that I saw already I have like a little flash back of the series in my mind which I enjoy XD lol. Also since im an artist I like to look at the pictures to see how good it is ^^ which are reason I want the Megami Magazine =P

I got AniWay cuz its the only dutch magazime of Anime there is here in holland
dry.gif
And its very easy to get for me but i heard New-Type is also quite amazing to you consider this also that much that i should ship them to Holland?

Have you tried Akadot? http://www.akadotretail.com/ They don't have a lot of back issues, but I think they offer subscriptions. I just did an order through them. Shipping to Canada for the Really? Really! artbook was $12.50 but then I added up to 3 more books to the order after and the shipping went up only $2.

My paypal just cleared so I haven't received the order yet and could tell you about shipping-time. But I received an email from them when the payment went through, and less than 24 hours they emailed to say my order was shipped (that was this morning).

I used to collect Animerica magazines until they suddenly stopped appearing where I'm at. I thought it was a good magazine to look at with anime info.

I like reading the New type magazines though, they have things that always appeal to me. I'm not one to buy it though.

Made the thread a month ago and now it get replys XD?
humm Akadot I see some stuff I would like to buy but I will see your outcome first then I will try it myself ^^ probaly going to get the Really Really thing too haha XD. Saw a pic in the preview pic that is currently my desktop wall so I wanted the real thing XD.

Well from the thing I was trying to buy when i made the thread I got side tracked and bought Megami Magazine Deluxe vol 9, Megami Magazine vol 87, Comp H's vol 4 and 5.
From one of the Comp H I got a Lucky Star (Akira) Phone strap although I put it on my PSP XD. All the Mag came with many posters good one too ^^ except Megami Magazine Deluxe vol 9 was like all of the posters in that was in the megami magazine in a just as pages but it was still good =D. I got some other good stuff to from it ^^.

I got some of those stuff at Jbox site shipping price was alot though. It had some other good stuff there too ^^.

One thing I liked about Akadot is that it tells you the shipping before you commit to buy. Sign up for an account, add all the items for order to your cart, and then go to check out. The first page is the option to select shipping, so you can play around with it and try and get the cheapest option (there is only one option to Canada, so it just depended on what I put in the bundle for my order).

I'm guessing my order will arrive by the week of November 4-10. If I'm lucky, earlier. I once did an order through The Right Stuf and it took two weeks to arrive. But the import artbooks are on sale right now, so that's why I picked up Really? Really! because it was on for $37US
wink.gif

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 25 2007, 05:24 PM)One thing I liked about Akadot is that it tells you the shipping before you commit to buy. Sign up for an account, add all the items for order to your cart, and then go to check out. The first page is the option to select shipping, so you can play around with it and try and get the cheapest option (there is only one option to Canada, so it just depended on what I put in the bundle for my order).

I'm guessing my order will arrive by the week of November 4-10. If I'm lucky, earlier. I once did an order through The Right Stuf and it took two weeks to arrive. But the import artbooks are on sale right now, so that's why I picked up Really? Really! because it was on for $37US
wink.gif

Humm around November 4-10 I guess I try the site before u get your item. I believe Jbox was similar with the shipping too =).

When u sign up u sign up on the main Akadot site or the RetailAkadot site although I couldnt find register in the retailakadot site lol... 2 week huh I dont like it when it take that long >< a week is ok though. My jbox purchase was like 2 week only because there was some creditcard problem.

No, I signed up on akadot retail. You see where it says "login"? Click that, and then "I am a new customer" and you can fill out a registration form.

My paypal takes over a week to clear with the Canadian banks, so I've been waiting on the order since mid-October already ... The earliest I can get home now is Nov.9 so it better be there by then!! [/off-topic]

Yea I kinda figure that part out after some clicking and I already register and I got alittle impatient so I went ahead to buy some stuff haha paid alittle over 100 dollar XD for a faster shipping. I miss out on the sales and a certain mag I was thinking to buy though ... >.>

I wonder if my paypal already cleared it when I finish the order I got 2 email one was from paypal and the other was the akadot so if it already went through then I should get mine in 1-3 days =D ahah but if the paypal didnt clear then wahhh....

^^ Akadotretail is good =) my package came today. The wrap that was holding some of the mag/book was a bit weird and alittle hard to take the think out unless you tear it apart lol... one of my mag came with a Illya figure =) The Really Really Fanbook ...WOW I love it although one of the page ran accross something I still want but still cant find... which is the special stuff that came with the Deneki Hime Navel vol 2 mag and the stuff was the PRIMULA Pillow case and neko boxers and the asa thing. ='( Wel the Really Really fanbook was Great. The other 4 mag was also good that I got. I didnt look through it slowly yet I just took the extra stuff out first going to look through them tomorrow at skool.

Well now I got 2 trusted site to use if I want to buy something online other than ebay and they are Akadotretail or Jbox.

So my package arrived last night from Akadot. And my parents got quite the shock when UPS told them they had to pay a $34 custom's charge!! Which doesn't make any sense to me, because the UPS site says anything valued between $40 and $100 CDN should only have $20 duty fees
dry.gif

Anyone ordering cross-boarder beware of ordering from Akadot. That's the first time I've ordered anything from the US and been hit with duty fees. I don't mind paying some, but considering the books were only worth $45 combined that is ridiculous.

But my parents opened the box and said everything looked fine, so no problems with shipping & product quality itself.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back