Anime Delivery Service

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh... I figured you'd constantly check an rss feed, or something. I suppose your way will have less stress on the server.

hmm.. i'm not an experienced programmer, but if you want to i could try to do a mac client for that service.. i know the basics of java, objective-c / cocoa (the foundation of programming native Mac OS X software) and networking so it'd be something i'd really like to try to do! and free of charge, of course
smile.gif

daft, if you're interested let me know.. you have my msn contact
wink.gif

/jp

wow, the suscribe service will be welcomed. anyway, did it use http? my connection can't accept ftp cause of firewall. did it support connection to people behind firewall? Can i choose what i want to download? did it have proxy capabilities? how about billing system, is there a way to know how many we have download and how many that have been charged? I just dun want to go overbudget when i download. who knows? any way 0.10 or 0.20 per download is cheap.

Or maybe you can create a system where the server didn't send to the client but the client connect to it, ask what new, and download. It is just a different approach as the first approach where the server initiated the sending will be rejected by firewall coz the firewall will recognize the incoming transmission as an intrusion.

A lot of people come here to download because of the firewall. So i also dun mind paying to download.

I see what you're saying ecam... It's not a bad idea. But it might be a bit too complicated...

QUOTE (daft27)I think I'll make free accounts for webmasters of anime sites. Of course there will be some basic requirements though, like traffic and whatnot.

hehehe...somehow..i feel happy and relieves to hear this
tongue.gif

QUOTE (daft27)Well, you're right about the client running in the background. However, you have the other part backwards. The server connects to the client when there's a new file.

means like user computer has to stay online and have ftp client running in background. what about security issue? firewall. dont see any problem with home users since they can set the ip to be allowed/excluded. but what about school/uni/office maybe
tongue.gif

Yeah but, you can download from school and stuff, but you wouldn't order anime, would you? Then it would just keep downloading for all the files... Do you have your own PC at uni or something?

QUOTE (daft27 @ Jan 26 2005, 01:36 PM) I think I'll make free accounts for webmasters of anime sites. Of course there will be some basic requirements though, like traffic and whatnot.
Wow...things like this make it worth it to be a webmaster. Anyway...I think it's a great idea.

well, i got my uni connection and since the day that the uni main web had been defamed by hackers, they closed every single port. duh. even everything else cannot run and all that left is just a browser.

not really. It would just take a few hours for me to make this but those few hours are precious hours to me. I could be watching anime or playing world of warcraft in those hours... so it's just a matter of finding me in the right mood and without anything else to do. This site is just a hobby for me. I get my anime from it and I work on it whenever I feel like it.

damn... my hobbies are all like listening to music, watching anime, pretending to play drums (i have the drumsticks, not the drums).. nothing close to setting up a websilte like this
tongue.gif

you people make me feel inferior -- i gotta find new, completely worthless friends to make me feel better
biggrin.gif

/jp

QUOTE (sasha @ Feb 1 2005, 12:53 AM) I like to eat, play with friends, eat, sleep, play with friends, and eat some more.
Nice.

Lol! And by the way, I like the thingo you added to our usernames above the avatars. It's spicy
smile.gif

Omg! Wow! I swear... I was a san ten minutes ago!

By the way... What's the difference? Is it the number of posts?

Awww, i posted I liked this new system but I see Sasha is alread my superior, so i take back anything I said, J/K of course :p lol please don't kill me sasha!!! i swear it was a joke! *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back