Amaama to Inazuma

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Sweetness & Lightning
Japanese: 甘々と稲妻
Airing date: 4/7/2016 (TV series)
Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life, Seinen
Original creator: Gido Amagakure
Director: Tarō Iwasaki
Written by: Mitsutaka Hirota
Music by: Nobuko Toda
Character designer: Hiroki Harada
Studio: TMS Entertainment
Network: Tokyo MX, ytv, BS11
Opening theme: "Harebare Fanfare (晴レ晴レファンファーレ / Bright Fanfare)" by Mimi Meme MIMI
Ending theme: "Maybe" by Brian the Sun

Main cast: Kōhei Inuzuka (犬塚 公平) voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
Tsumugi Inuzuka (犬塚 つむぎ) voiced by Rina Endō
Kotori Iida (飯田 小鳥) voiced by Saori Hayami
Supporting cast: Shinobu Kojika (小鹿 しのぶ) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Yūsuke Yagi (八木 祐介) voiced by Tomokazu Seki

Megumi Iida (飯田 恵) voiced by Satomi Arai
Tae Inuzuka (犬塚 多江) voiced by Ai Kayano
Yūka (ゆうか?) voiced by Shinmugi Koga
Hana (ハナ) voiced by Saaya Andō
Mikio (ミキオ) voiced by Shouki Tsuru

Synopsis: Kouhei Inuzuka is a teacher who has been caring for his little daughter on his own since his wife's death. He's no good at cooking, so he and his daughter Tsumugi have been eating packaged meals from the convenience store. A series of events lead him one evening to a restaurant run by the mother of one of his students, Kotori. Her mother isn't there, but Kotori does her best to feed them both. It turns out Kotori is often alone since her parents are divorced and her mother is frequently not around. The three of them begin to meet and cook tasty food together.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jun 18 2016, 07:39 PM)friendly for fathers day thing... single dude, after wife dies, taking care of his little girl...Hmm.... usually, these are written pretty good.... Ama Ama to Inazuma... as in very cute.for me Ep.1 felt like a mix of Kōfuku Graffiti and Usagi Drop, double cuteness?
tongue.gif

I watched the first episode today (Had a big list of 17 series to go through). This is basically the only series I actually like and want to follow this season.

Its idea has been done before. Yet I can't turn down something that is filled with slice of life and also short but serious moments in which even if you haven't experienced it, you can get a sense of how it may feel.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 6 2016,05:15 AM)also short but serious moments in which even if you haven't experienced it, you can get a sense of how it may feel.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 10 2016, 01:34 PM)some serious background stories like the wife's death. This is bound for misunderstandingsseeing in ep.2 Kotori's knife trauma (dad?), I think she asks both to diner again because: a) feels lonely at restaurant... b) Mom absent most times (If alive), c) fell in love with her teacher or d) his daughter is just adorable? e) All them?
dry.gif

smile.gif
This is indeed a nice series. It feels pretty lighthearted (cooking rice was really funny) but it does have some serious background stories like the wife's death. This is bound for misunderstandings and maybe some serious scenes but it probably can remain entertaining for a long time
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 10 2016, 01:34 PM)
smile.gif
This is indeed a nice series. It feels pretty lighthearted (cooking rice was really funny) but it does havealso Tsumugi's reactions felt quite realistic in ep'3, it isn't all fun and games like her depression after fighting with a boy... But cute while Kohei or Kotori tried to cheer her up, cooking hamburg steak together (clay as his B-day present too)
tongue.gif

*Finished ordering 6 manga volumes*

... What?

In any case, so far the series has been very enjoyable.
Especially with Shinobu and Yagi in the group, who both also are at least much smarter compared to all the other side characters I have ever seen (in any other anime, as in realizing their position).

Honestly, this is the only jewel, I myself, can find this season...

QUOTE (Masich @ Aug 09 2016, 05:19 PM)so far the series has been very enjoyable.
Especially with Shinobu and Yagi in the group, who both also are at least much smarter compared to all the other side characters I have ever seen (in any other anime, as in realizing their position).

Honestly, this is the only jewel, I myself, can find this season...Despite that isn't in the very top at my watchlist yet on new series, it's reaching favorites of mine like 91 Days or ReLife... well unlike i thought both Didn't know each other, so by ep'6 i wonder if Shinobu is starting to have feelings for Yagi
smile.gif

This series is pretty simple in structure but it is fun to watch. Every time we get to see a recipe being cooked based on feelings and remarks. Until now the writers also kept the big danger to this series out of it: romance. Hopefully they keep on focusing on the friendship between the characters.
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 14 2016,10:40 AM)danger to this series out of itnow that you mention it ep'7 had many, Tsumugi was reckless going outside by herself inspired on Magi-girl... But with great memory and imagination carefully she finds the restaurant, good thing nice people helped her to cross streets
happy.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 14 2016, 10:40 AM)is fun to watch. Every time we get to
see a recipe being cooked based on feelings and remarks. Until nowmost moving for me: ep.9 with the prota and her dad, recalling his wife's curry before their daughter realizes her mom died... about 'romance' so far only ep.8 that brat in love with Tsumugi, but was hilarious how she turned him down
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Masich @ Aug 10 2016, 12:19 AM)Honestly, this is the only jewel, I myself, can find this season...I do find myself being irritated by the Anime in the end... which has also overlapped onto the manga...

Reason why? Quite honestly, I hate Tsumugi's over dramatic performance and her Father's weak personality and parenting. Last episode alone, I would have scolded Tsumugi 4x. I get the whole visiting grave part + that it had been a year. But having to take out your... sorrow/hate/whatever you feel for being rightfully scolded for ONCE! on to others or cause a scene in a restaurant? Hell No...

Now I understand that, there are people who go through such situations and I wish them a lot of strength. But there are times at which you need to scold a child... I don't care what nowadays parenting says about that! There is a Limit!

On to the Scores!
Overall, my rating for Amaama to Inazuma: 5,6/10
Animation: 8/10
Story: 4/10 (Kotori had more development and progress at the end of the series, compared to both Tsumugi/Sensei)
Characters: 5/10 (I really enjoyed Yagi, Shinobu and Kotori, more).

There is no real difference between the manga & anime. Apart from the anime Stretching and speeding up a few parts (especially the last episode).
Although I do often try to avoid comparing the adaptation to its source. I honestly believe I would have personally enjoyed this series as a manga, instead of it having been adapted into an Anime. Purely because it (as many) often shows the flaws and weakness of a manga or novels, story/character/overall development.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back