Akikan!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
akikananimeadaptationplez3.jpg

Title: Akikan! (Empty Can!)
Japanese Title: アキカン!
Genre: Romantce, Comedy
Premier: 22nd December 2008 (and 3rd December 2009)
Original Creator: Riku Ranjou
Director: Yuji Himaki
Animation Studio: Brains Base
Series Composition: Hideaki Koyasu
Original Character Design: Hiro Suzuhira
Character Design: Ryo Tanaka
Chief Animation Director: Ryo Tanaka
Sound Director: Takeshi Takadera
Official Website: http://www.melomelomelon.com/index.html

CAST:

Jun Fukuyama as Kakeru Daichi
Sayaka Narita as Melon
Aiko ÅŒkubo as Yurika Kochikaze
Aki Toyosaki as Najimi Tenkūji
Aoi YÅ«ki as Budoko
Mamiko Noto as Yell
Megumi Toyoguchi as Airin Kizaki
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Gorō Amaji
Ryotaro Okiayu as Hidehiko Otoyo

Plot:

Akikan (”Empty Can”) is the unlikely story of high school boy Kakeru Daichi, whose can of melon juice soda magically transforms into a human girl. Naturally, more “akikan” girls begin appearing, each of them needing to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

My Thoughts:

I doubt the light novels will be translated but I bet there will be a manga version of this series in the future. I want to see and read this......its caught my eye. AHHHH CAN'T WAIT!!! XD
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

31875718su5.jpg
31902451ud6.jpg
31951108ql7.jpg
31979210pw6.jpg

When I first read this story a little ago on ANN I thought it was the most retarded idea for a story, and I pretty much still think that. Although it is pretty looking with the same artist from Shuffle.

WTF, although the art looks beautiful its one of the stupidest ideas for an anime i haveever heard . I would like to have some of whatever the creator of this story was smoking when he tought of the idea for this one. Well its completly stupid story might make this anime intresting to watch.

You know, I'm kinda getting a feeling that this series could have a potential dark undertone. I really really really want to read and watch this because I just know this series is gonna shake "OUR" anime world....seriously.
rolleyes.gif
(**HYPE!!! XDDDD***)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

QUOTE (deadlylazers @ May 04 2008, 05:42 AM) potential dark undertone?
You mean like school days?
XD
No No not like School Days....but more on why do these "akikan" exist ?? why did they suddenly happen to appear ?? what's their purpose ??

School Days was just outright dark and we knew it was gonna be dark after viewing the first episode.
wink.gif

Whereas, this series probably has a dark undertone that might be actually bittersweet.....because how does a human girl transform from a tin can. Also this bit, "infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive"......they'll die if they don't get their kissing or....

Basically, who is BEHIND this.....who's pulling the strings ???
rolleyes.gif

It pretty much reminds me of Chobits and that is probably one of the reasons I'm so excited about this series.
rolleyes.gif

The first episode has apparently been subbed.....YAHOOO!!! XD
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

This series is set to be 12 episodes.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

OP: "Miracle Plan ga Dekichatta! (ミラクル・プランができちゃった!)" by Charmmy Queen

wow, i looked this up with google, and read the synopsys, and was like wtf i need to get this! it sounds F'in Halarious! Cant wait to see it.

I wonder... if their kisses(saliva) taste like whatever soda they use to be
laugh.gif
that would be a neat twist. Melon soda flavored kisses, mmmmm.
tongue.gif

Downloading... *edit 1*Hmm i am concerned, the file is only 100mb that implies 1 of two things. The anime is either short, or the quality is poor... *edit 2* Looks like the quality might be bad, The only raw i could find was 40mb and the comments say, its poor quality
sad.gif

*edit 3* Ok, i found out why. this is a quote from the group subbing "Please do not complain about the video quality, this is just a re-encoded early-broadcast stream. The show will truly being to broadcast on the 3rd of January. When the TV rip is available, we will use it to make something better. :3" Wonder where this preview stream came from? Sounda like its gunna be youtube quality video.
dry.gif
oh well, i guess its better than nothing
rolleyes.gif

*Edit 4* Im never throwing away another can of soda ever again...

It was pretty good, The quality wasnt as bad as i was expecting, (at least better than youtube vids) The anime itself is fun
biggrin.gif
it has a real Inukami! feel to it. And i think the lead male is the same voice actor. They seem to use the same type of comedy/gags that inukami! used. The lead likes the girl, but cant commit cause she isnt human(sounds familiar right
wink.gif
) Also,everyone and i do mean everyone in this anime is a pervert, in someway or another... its got straights,yaoi, yuri, and everyone seems to have sex on the brain
biggrin.gif

Its rather interesting. ill be following thie one
cool.gif

I've seen it... and I have a felling that Melon is going to be one REALLY annoying character (typical tsundere, nothing new here), but as Uz3r013 said, almost everyone appear to be perverts in some way or another (that government executive and his "I like men" sign made me laugh, as well that childhood friend's reaction
biggrin.gif
). I've especially found main character's perverted nature somehow... original. Not like we've never seen it before, but how blunt he was about it, almost vulgar and yet keeping it real... can't wait to see more of him.

Well since this is up my alley on being ecchi I'll give it a shot. Although it's still kind of hard to get past the part where she's reallly an empty soda can if you ask me.

Never the less the class mates seems to have it where this series can be fairly lively if you ask me.

Oh yeah as for the quality of this video it's not that bad. It seems like a standard episode but without the OP and ED parts to it. So that could be why it's not that high of a quality here.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 25 2008, 07:56 AM) Well since this is up my alley on being ecchi I'll give it a shot. Although it's still kind of hard to get past the part where she's reallly an empty soda can if you ask me.

Never the less the class mates seems to have it where this series can be fairly lively if you ask me.

Oh yeah as for the quality of this video it's not that bad. It seems like a standard episode but without the OP and ED parts to it. So that could be why it's not that high of a quality here.
i quite agree kid wolf this is heading down the road of echi anime but it is funny anime first start maybe pre release so we will wait until january to watch it.

I just watched the first episode and I must say that I see myself watching this series to the end.
biggrin.gif

Episode 01 of the Early Broadcast was watchable quality......I loved the perveted-ness of the characters in this series, it gave it a bounce to everything about it so far.
rolleyes.gif

The first episode was great mainly because it contained a lot of drama in it....giving us info on how an "Akikan" lives, functions, blah blah.
biggrin.gif

Melon-chan is MINE because she was absolutely kawaii......Airin Kizaki the Virgin-Killer is pretty HAWT too.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, I can't wait for the "proper-version" of episode 01 to come out.....I wonder how the OP is.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Dec 24 2008, 03:42 PM) Melon-chan is MINE because she was absolutely kawaii......Airin Kizaki the Virgin-Killer is pretty HAWT too.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

you can have her. shes not my type, i mean that in more ways than one
tongue.gif
i.e. type of girl AND flavor of soda. ill wait for the cola girl(if there is one).

It makes absolutely no sense. With that beings said I enjoyed it
laugh.gif
Animation is a bit rough, but I'll save my judgment until a good copy comes out. I do hope the opening will be really crazy with a real cute hyper song, it would fit this anime perfectly.

So we get the other type of Ecchi in this case, the guy who actually makes the moves on the girl. Nice to switch it up. I really enjoyed the school scene with the blue hair girl (to tired to look up her name) That little interaction was quite funny.

Overall It's on my list and has some great comedy points which should play through the series, the guy who likes guys, the blue hair girl, the girl who likes girls and of course Melon! who is reminding me of another character which I can't figure out just yet.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Dec 24 2008, 07:45 PM) you can have her. shes not my type, i mean that in more ways than one
tongue.gif
i.e. type of girl AND flavor of soda. ill wait for the cola girl(if there is one).
The beer girl will be mine of course, and I said it 1st
biggrin.gif

Somehow this one make me remember some hentai game .....

Some object turn to girl .... did I sense feel of desperation or what ? Girl somehow hard to get then object turn to girl ?

Or girl could be recycle to recycle center ? Darn, I'm watching this.

This is one of those... "Give it 2 eps and call me in the morning..." kinda animes.

I'm really, really on the fence about it. Because there were some good moments in it and others I could have done without. Man, some things were real hit or miss. I didn't really crack up over this but I did smile more than anything else. Everyone else who has watched this ep. would be willing to admit (granted that they are vets and stuff...) that some of those lines were pretty hammed up. I'm so not a fan of shows where this is the case. @_@; ...

Let's say that this is good enough to follow... If it takes a more... "Battle Anime" approach, then I think that this will suck me in because I feel like my ecchi quota has been filled for the next 3 seasons. o_o; ... Between Kemeko DX, Macademi Wasshoi, and R+V II, I don't need another ecchi in my life for now... Just make it more about their powers...

Let's say that this goes the route of becoming a love-com... I'd be more accepting of it. There's then that feeling of character relationships becoming a part of the forefront and then I will be more willing to be sucked into this particular world. There haven't been too many straight up love-coms this season... so let this be one of them...

Besides a few random, "huh?" moments... it looks okay... but I wanna give it another 2 eps before I give it my attention. >.<;

QUOTE (damienstryker @ Dec 25 2008, 08:09 AM) Let's say that this goes the route of becoming a love-com... I'd be more accepting of it. There's then that feeling of character relationships becoming a part of the forefront and then I will be more willing to be sucked into this particular world. There haven't been too many straight up love-coms this season... so let this be one of them...
define "straight up love-com"

Toradora!
Clannad After Story
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Earl and Fairy
vampire knight guilty?

tho EaF and VKG are also in the "fantasy" genre

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back