Ajin: Demi-Human 2nd season

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: AJIN: Compel (1st film), Collision (2nd) and ??? (finale)
Japanese: 亜人: 衝動 (Shōdō) & 衝突 (Shōtotsu)
Airing dates: 15/1/2016 (TV series 13 episodes) and 6/5/2016 (OVA)
Theatrical release dates: 27/11/2015 (Shōdō), 28/10/2015 (premiere event) and May 2016 (Shōtotsu)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Horror, Mystery, Supernatural, Seinen
Original creator: Gamon Sakurai
Directors: Hiroaki Ando and Hiroyuki Seshita (chief)
Unit directors: Keisuke Ide, Ryo-timo and Yoshio Kazumi (films)
Written by: Hiroshi Seko (TV / films) and Kenta Ihara (OVA)
Music by: Yūgo Kanno
Character designer: Yuki Moriyama
Art director: Hiroshi Takiguchi
Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Modeling director: Mitsunori Kataama
Color setting by: Hironori Nochi
CG supervision by: Takeshi Iwata and Yuki Mizoguchi
Series script supervision by: Hiroshi Seko
Production design by: Naoya Tanaka
Produced by: Naoya Tanaka
Studio: Polygon Pictures
Network: MBS, TBS, CBC, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "Yoru wa Nemureru kai? (夜は眠れるかい? / Can You Sleep at Night?)" by flumpool
Ending theme: "How Close You Are" by Mamoru Miyano

Main cast: Kei Nagai (永井 圭) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Kaito (海斗) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya

Yū Tosaki (戸崎) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Other Ajin/IBMs (黒い幽霊): Satō (佐藤) voiced by Hōchū Ōtsuka
Izumi Shimomura (下村 泉) voiced by Mikako Komatsu

Kōji Tanaka (田中 功次) voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
Supporting cast: Kō Nakano (中野 攻) voiced by Jun Fukuyama
Eriko Nagai (永井 慧理子) voiced by Aya Suzaki
Ikuya Ogura (オグラ・イクヤ) voiced by Hiroyuki Kinoshita
Keisuke Nakashima (中島 啓介) voiced by Ryōta Ōsaka
Watanabe (渡辺) voiced by KENN
Nagai's mother (永井の母) voiced by Yoko Sōmi
Imagine-Nation review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o8Tm_7lzaQ
Movie PV#1: https://www.youtube.com/embed/rVfrF-zaHWg?autoplay=1&rel=0
Movie PV#2: https://www.youtube.com/embed/OaTgnBOrwHY?autoplay=1&rel=0
Movie trailer: https://www.youtube.com/embed/TFyCQoSkTfU?autoplay=1&rel=0
Premiere event: https://www.youtube.com/embed/gcCdYyXyDF4?autoplay=1&rel=0
2nd movie PV: https://www.youtube.com/embed/9--oQWc70I8?autoplay=1&rel=0
TV PV#1: https://www.youtube.com/embed/V62kcgCXNJU?autoplay=1&rel=0
TV PV#2: https://www.youtube.com/embed/E-HdezQxqek?autoplay=1&rel=0
Official websites: http://www.ajin.net/ and http://afternoon.moae.jp/lineup/207 (manga)

Synopsis: Ajin are humans that cannot die. Seventeen years ago, they first appeared on a battlefield in Africa. From then on, more of their kind are discovered within the human society. Their rarity in appearance means that, for experimental purposes, the government will generously reward anyone who captures one. In the present day, for what a certain high school student expects to be a typical summer holiday, his life is about to turn unexpected...

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Dec 5 2015,6:18 PM)sounds interesting as a concept
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jan 04 2016,09:51 PM)liking the look of 'Ajin'me too its film will be aired on TV soon, like were GITS:A, SBY 2099 or DATri
biggrin.gif

Saw a show on NHK that covered AJIN... looked interesting... conceptually anyway, anyone seen anything of it before? Based on a manga.

Yeah, "Imagine-Nation".. (guy and gal hosting it?) I think that was it.... just happened to see it... they really need to post the shows online like most networks do these days. That said, not that I'm into this stuff, but the graphics and story looked 'cutting edge'... and the storyline sounded like it could have promise.... haven't seen the manga though.

NHK is like the BBC.... very 'PC'... and can be very slanted with anything political, which is most any and everything these days... not that Malala knows that, but one has to use the tools available at the time.... sort of like how we here in the Western establishment complain of jihadi terrorists etc, but never mention that we are the ones training, arming, supplying, transporting them.... even if we prefer to call them 'freedom fighters'... something we've been busy doing forever, along this line since the Reagan regime, before that it was the same, only different names were used, and we always like to rename/rebrand things to hide the truth, something state media is known for, be it NHK, BBC, CNN, CNBC, FOX, et al.

That running anime could be alright if done right, but isn't that always the case? It just seems a little different, which is why I mention it... reality tv show type competition... could be interesting if that competitive ingredient isn't lost in the episodes, when they, no doubt, will have to introduce characterization to give the action more dynamism and depth, to up that competitive angle.

Ajin, from that NHK show, looked different and has similar yet different story elements... no one's seen the manga? Most storylines aren't much different, it always comes down to essential character/plot elements that make them special, sort of how the same song seems so much better sung by a singer with more 'character' in their voice.... attitude or 'color', anime isn't any different, the story of life hasn't changed, just the level of knowledge of what it's all about, how much the character learns along the journey of the storyline... which is why so many of the school story's can upset the viewer... they stop just when it seems to be getting 'good' or interesting.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jan 07 2016, 01:01 PM)NHK is like the BBC.... very 'PC'... and can be very slanted with anything political, which is most any and everything these days... not that Malala knows
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 04 2016, 12:57 PM)Wake up girls beyond the bottom is of course on my watch list for movies. Too bad that the series always is overshadowed by Love Live.about movies released last fall I wonder, if all 'Ajin: Compel' will be aired on TV?
check out this documentary by NHK, still I prefer IM@S Cinderella Girls so far
tongue.gif

Remembered what "Ajin" reminded me of... American films 'Dark Man" and "Invisible Man".... for better or worse as we shall see.
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jan 08 2016,01:25 PM)Remembered what "Ajin" reminded me of... American films 'Dark Man" and "Invisible Man".... for better or wonow that i tried ep.1 subbed today the Ajin IBMs remind me to Stands, of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ;p... even if i would prefer Ajin to not be totally 3DCG, I must say the characters look better than Knights of Sidonia
happy.gif

AJIN - Holy crap! Talk about a DARK premise... This is quite possibly the most disturbing premise for an anime that I've seen yet. First episode was interesting. Sets up a few questions, presents a number of potential "red-herrings" (Fake/misleading plot devices), and really makes the character believable in terms of why he'll assume the worst of people. The family dynamic is whack, and that is for sure. Kids are selfish, and self-centered - willing to turn on each other for a reward, and quick to give convenient fake smiles to thinly-mask their true selfish desires.

Wow. Kind of makes me ashamed to be on the Human's side, and makes me root for the AJIN. Somehow I feel like we're missing the point. It's NOT that the AJIN are immortal that sets them apart, it's that so far, they seem to still have souls that we humans have forsaken or lost.

Dark indeed.

Disturbing, but I think I'm actually going to like this one.

By the way, does anyone know of a GOOD site to stream this from? My usual go-to sites only have 2 or 3 of the anime I'm interested in this season and that "go-go" anime site (I'm not mentioning the accurate name to respect forum rules) streams it, but in really poor quality, but at least they have it...

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Feb 07 2016,11:44 AM)ne know of a GOOD site to stream this from? My usual go-to sites only have 2 or 3 of the anime I'm interested in this season and that "go-go" anime site (I'm not mentioning the accurate name to respect forum rules) streams it, but in really poor qualityusually I steam from Animeplus or AnimeDreaming, spanish subbed in AnimeID but faster releases than english subs... specially Reikenzan ;p Edit: as Ajin ep.4 and 5 were aired the same day, at last #6 after a week break (end of 1st film)
wink.gif

Just watched ep1, and it's exactly like the film, which that site has as well, so until they change it, or prolong it from the end of the film, I'd recommend watching the film... exact same so far.

Went through the other eps... it is the same, they just broke it down into eps for tv.... so might as well watch the film.... only thing missing in the 6 eps so far is the last minute or two...

I think there's supposed to be another movie or two based on the manga, so not sure about ep 7... if it's aired yet or not, or what. Much easier to watch the whole film though.
cool.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Feb 22 2016, 08:09 PM)I think there's supposed to be another movie or two based on the manga, so not sure about ep 7... if it's aired yet or not, or what. Much easier to watch the whole film though.actually you may notice important scenes extended on Tv, comparing its film at the same time (ep.7 is overall new)... with Sato's plan to gather Ajins by telling reporters about them, I think from now on half season will become a 2nd film
tongue.gif

Ok, so there is an ep 7 afterall, wondered about that as the rest was the film clipped to tv lengths... maybe it's a teaser or preview ep for the film? If this was a 'half-season'...then it's over until after the film is released etc, right? So, no ep 8, at least not right away? Or it would be a season 2 half season?

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 02 2016, 07:29 PM)wondered about that as the rest was the film clipped to tv lengths... maybe it's a teaser or preview ep for the film? If this was a 'half-season'...then it's over until after the film is released etc, right? So, no ep 8, at least not right away? Or it would be a season 2As it was subbed until today I guess this time up to #13, will be at theaters like AoT recap films adding new bits... in contrast Ajin 1st Movie ala Gits:Arise aired on tv eps so #8 unlike Sato, Kei didn't lose his humanity yet helping a granny
smile.gif

This series seems better than most of this type in character and story development, but the computer animation seems sub-par most of the time, maybe because the only stuff I've really seen like it from the States who spend 10x more on their stuff? Maybe that multiple is higher?

The story is progressing nicely, for a fantasy action thriller, if that's the right word. The story is keeping to the mc so far.... as well as that duo hunting his kind, who make an interesting team as well.... wonder if the mc stays a loner or what... and his 'ghost' or ajin seems unusual as well, which keeps it interesting in terms of development.

... but that animation is starting to draw my attention.
dry.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 23 2016, 06:59 PM)The story is progressing nicely, for a fantasy action thriller, if that's the right word. The story is keeping to the mc so far.... as well as that duo hunting his kind, who make an interesting team as well.... wonder if the mc stays a loner or what... and his 'ghost' or ajin seems unusual as well, which keeps it interesting in terms of development.by ep.11 looks like they'll try to stop Sato, its final 2 eps may be aired this week
About the latest Imagine-nation show, I'm glad to see Ajin won that round up
biggrin.gif

Yeah, last couple of eps seem like setup for a season finale.. and likely hope for a pickup next season or whenever... our mc seems to be going no where, while the action is Sato and what he's doing... actually, the one I like is that female ajin assisting the special detective hunting them... that pair is more interesting than anyone else... at least the writing makes that case IMO, and it needs to show some character development for our mc, young or not.... he can't stay there, nor keep that kid imprisoned much longer.... can't the ajin escape and solve that issue? That really is sticking out as odd, or is it that that kid hasn't learned how to use his yet?
wink.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 29 2016, 03:29 PM)our mc seems to be going no where, while the action is Sato and what he's doing... actually, the one I like is that female ajin assisting the special detective hunting them... that pair is more interesting than anyone else... at least the writing makes that case IMO, and it needs to show some character development for our mc, young or not.... he can't stay there, nor keep that kid imprisoned much longer.... can't the ajin escape and solve that issue? That really is sticking out as odd, or is it that that kid hasn't learned how to use his yet?
wink.gif

lol most likely but its finale may show us if he has been 'training' his IBM in secret too, still that ep'12 battle of the SAT vs Sato and henchmen had many tactic twists... most funny part was him just walking through policemen, telling by its preview Kei will be dragged to that war after all
laugh.gif

Good ep as the attack scenes go, except that that whole area wouldn't been put in total lockdown, airpower above etc... and what happened to the use of water? Some of that didn't make sense, but
rolleyes.gif
still a good action ep, considering all the setup in previous couple of eps. Still can't overlook the other kid stuck in that empty trailer... seems his ajin could easily take care of that for him.

Is there just the one ep left for the season? Or is this series on a different path?

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 5 2016,7:37 PM)is this series on a different pathAn OVA prequel will be released the same day of 2nd film, so nice season finale with Kei decided to end sato's terrorism... ready using Nakano's cell just as bait and IBM, escaping along him from Tosaki and the Ajin girl (cool granny too)
happy.gif

Yeah, just watched ep 13, nice one... from start to finish, and granny was cool about the whole thing, so he didn't hide anything from her it seemed, though I'm not sure why he stayed there so long, perhaps not knowing what else to do... stuck and sometimes leaving without any intention of a destination/goal is more risky given his situation... though I doubt I'd keep that other kid locked up like that... and that kid just plays along as if "It's all good?" under the circumstances, yes, get out of there, but still, he can't trust our MC obviously... but then not knowing what 'worship' means? Not too bright is he? Follower type character.

But a good solid ep... nice way to end the season.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back