ai sp@ce

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~
Sempai
001resizejo7.jpg

Practically everyone but FTV has had something to say about this, so I thought it was about time. Welcome to ai sp@ce, a 3D massively multiplayer online social game ala Second Life, but instead of mimicking the real world, ai sp@ce mimics the bishoujo game world. Three worlds in fact: Clannad, Shuffle!, and Da Capo II.

In this game, players can customize their avatars and choose a personal "character doll" or "chara-doll", which is one of the heroines featured in the three visual novels listed above; so far, only Nagisa (Clannad), Sia (Shuffle!), and Otome (Da Capo II) have been revealed. The player gets the chance to live with his chara-doll in a house on one of the game's three "islands" which are designed to look like the worlds in Clannad, Shuffle!, and Da Capo II; for example, the Da Capo II world has sakura trees in bloom all over the place. The islands are connected by a central "Akihabara Island" where the players and their chara-dolls can interact with other players of the game in chatting and events. The player can teach his chara-doll various things, such as memorizing motions to act out, dancing, and developing a unique personality for each user, as the development company claims. The player can also buy clothes and accessories for him and the chara-doll to wear, and buy other things for the house, such as furniture.

Details on the game can be found at Wikipedia and the game's official website. A preview video has been uploaded to YouTube. The game is due to be launched this summer, and the first theme song will be by Kotoko. And some sample screenshots:

Wow is this an all language thing, or a Japanese only thing? In any case I kind of had a feeling it had something to do with Shuffle! Although I thought the other one was a Key bit.

It makes me wonder is this actualy something I want to try some time soon now. Well never the less if it's in English I'll try it out just for the heck of it... maybe.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 28 2008, 06:21 PM) Wow is this an all language thing, or a Japanese only thing? In any case I kind of had a feeling it had something to do with Shuffle! Although I thought the other one was a Key bit.

It makes me wonder is this actualy something I want to try some time soon now. Well never the less if it's in English I'll try it out just for the heck of it... maybe.
unsure.gif

Japanese-only, at least for the language setting, unless someone writes a patch for it. Also, it is unknown if the Japanese will only allow Japanese IPs onto the servers.

I bet you'd be more interested if girls from Type-Moon games were included though.
wink.gif

Well that's if they would let the Type-Moon characters on. Although if they did that I'd try to work it in a hearbeat.
tongue.gif
The only characters that might make the Type-Moon cut would probablly mostly be the Fate crew, and maybe a few of the Tsukihime crew, but I highly doubt anyone from the Kara no Kyoukai crew though. Although since Type-Moon is busy with a few works for the year I doubt they'd add thier characters on this thing as of now, but you never know.
wink.gif
Besides if all goes well we might see a bit of an addition to this if it actually does well of course.

Never the less I was, and still am a Shuffle! fan since the anime was rather good, but haven't played the Visual Novel since it's not fully translated. *sigh* If only someone would finish working on that translation.

Either way it might be something to try out if it'll allow anyone outside of Japan to play it along with a localised translation as well. Well here's hoping.

Wow this game seems interesting. If it ever comes out in English then I will definitely try it, and hopefully it wil be free.

When I ever do try this game then I will try the Clannad portion. Of course, if their ever was a Type-Moon characters, then ill be a Type-Moon character.
laugh.gif

Look what you did Juhachi-san you awoken another Type-Moon Slave to this thread now.
laugh.gif

Indeed if this inital release does well we might actually see soemthing like that happen. *sigh* I really want to mess around with Kohaku-sama, from Tsukihime, like that or at least with moe moe Sakura-chan from Fate. In any case I don't think they'll restrict themselves to just three areas. I think they want to start off small before expanding the game settings it seems.

What Im wondering is Is Primula in it if so this will be one mmorpg I will never quit playing XD

Im probably going to assum just by looking at the game, their probably going to add the other heroines from all three series into the game. If a Type-moon characters were in then definitely Sakura-chan, but so far for me it will probably be Nagisa-chan or Tomoyo-chan from Clannad or Kaede-chan from Shuffle.

Dear Kami-sama..... I'd totally Praise the guy who thought this Up and I suppose it isn't too obvious what Character I would supposedly choose xD, and JunMisugi-san If you're here reading this try guessing also, you too Juhachi-san if you want >.<
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyways Know I have another "Great" reason to convince my parents to let me live in Japan w/ my relatives or Family friends in there xD (and who knows I may end up with a VN-esque events in my life >.<) Okay jk but not entirely xD

Okay Btw, Too bad it wouldn't be sure yet If outsiders like us would be able to play Uguu~ T-T *sob* Would they consider South East Asians like me at least??
wink.gif
tongue.gif
xD

PS: Juhachi once again you put another Smile onto my face XD!!! Im SO Hyped Right now >.< thanks to another one of your news again xD!!!!!

Well as I can only guess this might be the best way to get a heavy duity anime otaku to actually pay an MMO that involves characters from Visual Novels, or anime series since they've been converted to anime of course, to actually mess around with them almost like Second Life I guess. Although this might be a bit more popular since it contains a few favorite anime characters at this time it seems.

You know this could be kind of an otaku's responce to that Second Life game that got way too much hype in the beggining. So I hope it does well, but I hope it doesn't end up as what Second Life is now though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 30 2008, 07:52 AM)You know this could be kind of an otaku's responce to that Second Life game that got way too much hype in the beggining. So I hope it does well, but I hope it doesn't end up as what Second Life is now though.
==OT==
secondlife is not designed as a game in the first place.. more like a trading zone / business tool which involves real money with the objects in the secondlife world as a representation of a real object a person want to buy/sell .. some might use it as a meeting place .. or, some even, model devices they sell as accurate as possible to the point that they can teach customers to assemble the device through secondlife ... so, obviously, gamers are dissappointed with secondlife and left ... p/s: IBM have an office in secondlife
==/OT==

while ai-sp@ce took a different course than secondlife and most mmorpg, i'm wondering how the gameplay would be .. because MMORPG as i'm familiar with, normally is never ending .. while normal visual novel gameplay focus on reaching the ending .. i do hope they didnt make it to be a MMO Human-shaped Tamagotchi ..

/me wonders whether they'll release a client for linux too .. or atleast, not depend on directX9/10 but OpenGL instead so that Wine have better chance to run it on linux >.<

Indeed it does seem that it combines both a Visual Novel and and MMO it seems. A Visual Novel has various endings, along with the Bad Ends, or some that have Dead Ends. While an MMO is free roamming, and keeps tabs on what your character has done, and levels as well. So I guess you can say it's like what might happen when an MMO is crossbred with a Visual Novel I guess.

Never the less I kind of wonder if this will be a Japan only release, or will it be availabe to everyone? In any case I wonder how well this will do though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 30 2008, 06:01 PM) Indeed you combine a Visual Novel that has various endings, along with some that either have Bad or Dead Ends. While an MMO is free roamming, and keeps tabs on what your character has done, and levels as well. So I guess you can say it's like what might happen when an MMO is crossbred with a Visual Novel I guess.

Never the less I kind of wonder if this will be a Japan only release, or will it be availabe to everyone? In any case I wonder how well this will do though.
I can only assume this will be a japan only release, or at the very most going to Korea, Taiwan, China, and other asian nations in that region. It just doesn't seem like something that would have much appeal worldwide aside from a very small niche market so planning some type of European or American release would not prove worth it.

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 28 2008, 07:29 PM) Japanese-only, at least for the language setting, unless someone writes a patch for it. Also, it is unknown if the Japanese will only allow Japanese IPs onto the servers.

I bet you'd be more interested if girls from Type-Moon games were included though.
wink.gif

Being the growing tendency, games marketed in other countries will be ip locked to those countries only. Several games that have recently come out in Japan have done this. The reason? The millennium copy act. It's a two edge sword, as the manufacturers are starting to see. Not only are they protected from piracy, but they can not longer market internationally without copyrights in the various countries they wish to have a market. EU based games are seeing the same problem as well.

"Ai Sp@ce is a Japanese virtual 3D massively multiplayer online social game (MMOSG) developed by several companies that form the Ai Sp@ce Production Committee which was launched on October 15, 2008, despite an earlier announcement of a summer 2008 release. Beta testing commenced between mid-September and mid-October 2008. Primary development was handled by Headlock, with Dwango providing the world's infrastructure and Internet service. Dwango's subsidiary Niwango ties in the Nico Nico Anime Channel from the Nico Nico Douga video sharing website by providing users the opportunity to upload gameplay sequences online.

A downloadable client program enables its users to interact through motional avatars with each other and primarily with bishōjo game heroines from three visual novels: Clannad by Key under Visual Art's, Shuffle! by Navel under Omegavision, and Da Capo II by Circus. After a player creates an avatar, one of the bishōjo game heroines is selected as a personal character doll, or "chara-doll", to live with on one of the game's three virtual "islands" which are patterned on the worlds featured in the three visual novels. The islands are connected by a central Akihabara Island where players with their chara-dolls can gather for chatting and events. The first theme song for Ai Sp@ce is sung by Kotoko."- Taken from Wiki.

Anyway, I just started on it yesterday, I must say the graphic and everything are very nice. However, the main purpose of this game is to meet and socialize with other people/players, so I won't able to enjoy that part to the fullest since I can't type in Japanese and talk to the Japanese players fluently.

So far I have been sight-seeing around Akihabara, registered myself as citizen of "Clannad" Island, and done a couple of quests for the NPCs, but not yet paid Shuffle Island and Da Capo Island a visit yet.

I thought I'd share my photos and sceenshot with everyone for now (click on the picture thumbnail to see full size pic):

Taken in front of a building in Akihabara

You can see the Akihabara station from here

Another photo around the Akihabara station area

Front of the exit of the Akihabara station! Definitely a photo that that all Akiba visitor should take
laugh.gif

Akiba I'm here!

The infamous GAMERS! Yay!

...and the various conversations with the NPC characters. You might find the school uniform on the girls familiar...

Last but not least, a neko-mimi maid (player character) to my right

For more info regarding ai sp@ce, you can google it or go to the following sites:
http://suki.gfx-beta.net/games/moe-moe-mmo...-goes-live.html
http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=478

You can also find in game videos on youtube.

If I'm not mistaken, anyone with a nico nico account can get into the game...all they'd have to do is just download the client file I think (the login and password for ai sp@ce are same as nico nico account).

Its times like this i just wish i could read and write Japanese lol

Man it looks so cool, the concept is a good idea,

Marine, so what are the quests then, is it just a free roam social game, or is there a plot, or what?

I look forward to seeing more of your screens
biggrin.gif

Basically the quests are gave out by random NPCs, the ones I've done so far are just delivery (like returning books, giving love letter from one NPC to another etc). We get money reward for completing those 'quests', and in the world of ai sp@ce, we need money to buy clothes/accessories for ourselves and our 'partner' (it's a NPC character, which can follow you around if you wish) and even furnitures for our apartment (my apartment is small and empty at the moment lol). Also, we get income support (lol) on daily basis, besides doing quests to get money.

Oh wow, so in essence its like a double life then? Or have i missunderstood

So whats you partner like then are they cute, or are you playing the field?

This game sounds amazing

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back